Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. mommygrace

coffee bean / 34 posts

Hi friends!!

Edd: sept 28

This is my 3rd little one. I've got two sons, 4 & 1!

I've been extremely tired and nausea hit full force this afternoon

I already look pregnant which is crazy! Is that just bloated or does it just poke right out for the 3rd time?? lol

Super excited. Very grateful. First doc appt is 2-7.

2. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@mommygrace: welcome! There are lots of us with appointments on that day!

3. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

September Mamas
    September 5 - YouGotMe (#2)
    September 8 - Banana330 (#2)
    September 9 - Lil bean (#2)
    September 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    September 17 - MsInformation (#2)
    September 18 - periwinklebee (#1)
    September 22 - annem1990 (#1), mademoiselle3 (#1)
    September 24 - Boopers (#2), Lazypanda (#2)
    September 28 - mommygrace (#3)
    September 30 - Bibliolove (#1), Mrs. K (#1)
    TBD - Kemma (#3), matador84 (#3)

Appointments
    January 27 - mademoiselle3
    January 30 - Lazypanda, strawberrybee
    January 31- Banana330
    February 1 - Kemma
    February 4 - MsInformation
    February 7 - Boopers, lil bean, annem1990, mommygrace
    February 8 - YouGotMe
    February 9 - Mrs. K
    February 22 - matador84
    February 23 - Bibliolove

4. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@mommygrace: welcome!

5. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@mommygrace: welcome!!

6. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@StrawberryBee: That sounds super frustrating - fingers crossed that one of the people seeing it tomorrow will be it!

7. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

Today I went to a Lunar New Year dinner with my core group of friends. As I was leaving I was so bloated I'm pretty sure my female friends picked up on the fact that I am pregnant. It was so worth it though.

8. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@mommygrace: congrats and welcome!

I woke up this morning to light brown spotting and called the nursing line. No other symptoms except lower back pain which I've had since the positive test. I guess this can be common in the first tri? Have any of you guys experienced this? I feel silly for feeling a little panicked but can't help myself...

9. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. K: good call on calling in. Unfortunately spotting can be common and normal or not. See if they can check your progesterone and or prescribe a supplement. Did you have sex recently? That can also cause it.

10. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@mommygrace: welcome!

@YouGotMe: how fun! I wish I lived close to friends.

@periwinklebee: How are you doing? I wanted to say, I'm sorry you're going through this stressful limbo period. I lurk on an infertility forum and a poster had a similar situation as you (SCH, low fetal heart rate, measuring small) and I just looked to see if she updated and her baby is doing well. I know every situation is different, so I'm not trying to give false hope. But hang in there!!

My appointment is a long way off, so I'm just trying to get through the days until then. I had to lie to my mom about our (now scrapped) plan for fertility treatments, she wanted an update on it all. My dad was gone for the day, and I really didn't want to tell them yet anyway. I just don't want to talk about it with people. I would be too uncomfortable getting them excited, since we are only in the first tri still. I felt terrible lying though!

11. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Bibliolove: we spent the weekend at my parent and I didn't tell them. It just wasn't time. It's funny cause we've told more friends but not family.

12. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Banana330: No we haven't and I know from the ultrasound last week that it isn't ectopic either. They put in a message to my doctor but I most likely won't hear back until tomorrow but I'll definitely ask about progesterone. Thank you ❤

13. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. K: I had lots of cramping and lower back pain the first few weeks. I was told they are pretty normal.

14. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Banana330: yeah I'm trying to focus on the big picture and not get carried away in my mind (very hard). Reminding myself that I have almost zero control of whether or not a miscarriage happens at any point.

15. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. K: so hard. Fingers crossed for you it's nothing!

16. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mrs. K: hopefully it turns out to be nothing. I think brown spotting it normal from what I have read. That doesn't make it any easier though.

I feel like all of the anxiety we go through, is such a "welcome to motherhood" experience.

17. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Bibliolove: @banana330: thank you hoping it just goes away...

18. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs. K: I'm sorry I think it's pretty normal to have some bleeding as the embryo starts forming the placenta, but I know that doesn't make it easy. If it's light and brown, that seems like a good sign.

@Bibliolove: Thank you for the encouragement! I try to let myself have a little hope...One moment I feel completely fine and like myself, and the next minute I feel absolutely despondent and just want to cry - I'm sure it's hormonal, I've obviously had mood swings before but never anything like this. Maybe it's a normal pregnancy thing, but I also wonder if it could be that my HCG is dropping, as I didn't feel like this before. But anyways, time will tell. I so appreciate the support of everyone here I agree that the anxiety is definitely a "welcome to motherhood" experience!

19. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs. K: Also, my doctor told me the most important thing to do to heal bleeding is to drink tons of water, because when you get dehydrated it makes the uterus contract, which can make the bleeding worse and slow healing. So maybe try that if you're not already...

I've been doing modified bed rest the past couple of days and haven't noticed much difference in spotting - so maybe the view that it doesn't do much is right - but taking it easy until your doctor can check it out might also provide some peace of mind.

20. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@periwinklebee: that's a great tip about staying hyrdated, I'll definitely try it out. The ups and downs of ttc and pregnancy seem to never end. It's a constant balancing act of staying positive but realistic and like you said, hormones certainly don't help. I've always thought I'd be as cool as a cucumber during this process but I feel like I've been anything but. Every bodily sensation registers in my brain and I analyze it as ok or not ok.

How has your nausea been?

21. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@periwinklebee: that's a great tip about staying hyrdated, I'll definitely try it out. The ups and downs of ttc and pregnancy seem to never end. It's a constant balancing act of staying positive but realistic and like you said, hormones certainly don't help. I've always thought I'd be as cool as a cucumber during this process but I feel like I've been anything but. Every bodily sensation registers in my brain and I analyze it as ok or not ok. I feel like my mind is constantly going.

How has your nausea been?

22. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs. K: Hah hah, it's like one minute I'm rationale me and the next second WHOA HORMONES. And yes, so hard not to analyze every sensation - I suspect it will get much easier as you move along in the pregnancy and get more used to having new sensations and have the reassurance of seeing your little one on the ultrasound.

Nausea is better - I'm taking that as a win, regardless.

23. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@periwinklebee: great perspective... the unknown is hard to come to terms with but the sooner we make peace with it the more sane we will be! Glad your nausea has improved! Sending hugs and wishing us both luck in the next few weeks to come

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs. K: Thank you!

25. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

@Mrs. K: I've been having a bit of brown spotting here and there too. Apparently it's not a problem if it's pink or brown. After reading a bit online from other women, I clued in that it was always in conjunction with a BM (tmi, but that's pregnancy! Lol). The strain of pushing (though I don't think I really strained that hard...?) can cause your cervix to release a bit of blood. It can also happen after sex/female orgasm. The brown colour is good cuz it means just a bit came out and by the time you see it, any bleeding has stopped. It's still disconcerting though! My mind also immediately jumps to the worst case scenario. My instinct was to rest on the couch. Can't hurt, anyway!
    I'll still tell my doc about it next week.

26. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

@periwinklebee: thinking of you! Two weeks is a long time to be in limbo. Try to stay positive and envision baby growing. I will do it for you, too!

27. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

@Mrs. K: oh man! Not an hour after writing my response about brown spotting, I go to the bathroom and wipe red blood! I have my first ultrasound booked for tomorrow. I'll just wait and see and hope for the best! Fingers crossed for a sticky bean with a strong heartbeat!

28. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Lil bean: thanks for the info on spotting, it definitely gave me some reassurance. It seems to have slowed down but I guess we will see what tomorrow brings. I feel like we just have to take this one day at a time... I really hope the bright red blood for you is nothing. Is it heavy or just spotting? I'm glad you have your u/s tomorrrow so you can find out right away how things are looking! Good luck I hope your appointment goes well and fx for a sticky baby!

29. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LIL BEAN: I'm really sorry about the bleeding, I'm glad you have an appt. today and am keeping my fingers crossed for good news!

Thank you for the support It really means a lot.

30. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

Anybody else feel slightly dizzy, even when sitting or lying down? The past couple of days I've regularly felt a bit dizzy - not like I'm going to pass out but like that feeling you have when you stand up all of a sudden and are about to get dizzy, but more continuously. I tend to have low blood pressure anyways, so I assume it's just related to an increase in blood volume.

31. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@LIL BEAN: good luck at your appointment. I hope the bleeding isn't anything serious.

I decided to stay home from work today. I've been feeling like crap all weekend and when I woke up today I felt really hot, my head was killing me because of some cold I've picked up and I felt nausuous. Usually I try to battle through, but being pregnant I figure the rest is more important.

32. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@LIL BEAN: Sorry about the bleeding. Hopefully your ultrasound today helps!

@Boopers: It's a good idea to rest. It's amazing how much work your body is doing even while resting!

@periwinklebee: dizziness is quite common. There's often blood pressure changes in early pregnancy. I haven't had it this time but last time I did.

33. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: Thank you!

@Boopers: I'm sorry you are sick, hope you feel better soon.

34. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@periwinklebee: I've had dizziness off and on, mainly while standing or sitting. I've also had moments where I can feel my heart working harder than before and have measured my resting heart rate to be much higher than before. Have you felt that at all? All normal pregnancy symptoms and really cool to feel all the changes the body goes through!

35. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Boopers: get some rest your body needs it now more than ever! Hope you feel better

36. Mademoiselle3

coffee bean / 35 posts

@periwinklebee: I'm just catching up. Good idea to take it easy. Lots of netflix and ice cream :). I'm sure these next two weeks will draaag. Hugs to you xoxo

My appt was very uneventful. She felt my uterus and said that I'm measuring right at 6 weeks. I scheduled my next appt. for 2/24..hope to hear a heart beat then.

37. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@LIL BEAN: good luck with your appt today. I hope the spotting isn't serious and that it's just an additional chance to have a "baby's first picture."

@periwinklebee: I think the recommendation is to stay dehydrated during pregnancy. I'm anemic and dehydrate easily so my previous ob always wanted me to remain hydrated & drink 100oz of water a day.

@Boopers: I hope you get the rest needed & feel better soon. Being sick & caring for a toddler is difficult!

@StrawberryBee: good luck with your appt today!

38. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@LIL BEAN: Good luck with your appointment!!

@Mrs. K: My heart rate has seemed to be up too. I've noticed I'm way more dehydrated than normal, so maybe that's affecting it? I drink tons of water, but my urine (TMI) always seems much darker than normal.

I feel like I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. I haven't had an ultrasound and feel like when I get it next week they'll be like "Nope...you're not pregnant...". Obviously with no AF and positive pregnancy tests I don't think that will happen. For some reason I just don't feel like it's real I just want to see the little guy! Maybe then I'll feel like it's actually happening.

39. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: @periwinklebee: @Mrs. K: @lazypanda: thanks ladies! I fell back asleep until noon! My body still feels weak and icky, but I'm hoping to be better by tomorrow. No kidding about being sick with a toddler!! Thankfully we sent him to daycare today so I could rest!

40. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@annem1990: the first tri is so hard while you're waiting for your first appointment and you aren't showing yet. Once you start to show and eventually feel movement it really feels real!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee