Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@karenbme: Yea, my lab is 85 ish lbs of love and stupid, so not an ideal lap dog. He was more in the 40 something pound range for my son's pregnancy.

@Kaohinani: She will do great! Remington was so squirrelly and terrified of kids, but Sam came home and that was it.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I thought last month's cycle was weird, but this one is taking the cake. I might even O after CD 15 the way it's going (latest I've ovulated since having my son, and only that late with 150 my Clomid)

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I couldn't resist posting this after all of our wine 🍷🍾 speak the other night. I'm certain a few of us could truly appreciate it (along with a warm bath or nice shower) after a long day. 😉 Tell me what you think, ladies.

4. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: I fortunate feel pretty good today. Staving off a full blown illness I hope. Turns out I have to work tonight overnight at a shelter for the hurricane. Should be easy money 💰 because the storm isn’t really here yet. I finish 7am. This might also keep me from testing tomorrow, so working this shift is slightly self-sanity. 😉

5. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

So, I found out today I have the MTHFR mutation. Anyone else have this? Although it's not necessarily the cause it could explain my MC/semi-difficulty conceiving the second time around.

The mutation makes it difficult for your body to utilize folic acid correctly and apparently drinking green tea makes it worse. I drink 3-4 cups/day Guess I'll be stopping.

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: Wow, I'm sorry to read that. 😔 Amazing though that you thought you were doing your body good with the green tea (loaded with antioxidants!), but instead find you may be thwarting your own fertility chances. Speak of sad irony. Now that there is a prognosis, you can move forward... and onto your sticky BFP! 🤞🙂

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@skinnycow: I don’t (that I know of), but it is soooo common, so I wouldn’t panic too much. Definitely cut the green tea, and switch up your prenatal if you need too.

8. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Kaohinani: I know - I thought I was making a healthy choice!

@LAZB: I read that 1/4 people have it so it's very common! I ordered new prenatals and won't be drinking green tea anymore. I'm glad I found out!

9. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

Hi ladies, I hope everyone is doing well!

I promised myself. I wouldn’t test until a few days after AF was due but now I’m dying to go to the dollar store and get some tests otherwise I’ll be waiting another week to POAS on the 20th. AF is supposedly due Sunday.

I haven’t really had any symptoms except some weird stabbing pains in my stomach two nights ago.

@skinnycow: I have the mthfr mutation. I take folate or methylfolate instead of folic acid. Supposedly it’s easier to absorb than folic acid for women with this mutation. I also cut caffeine for the most part a few months ago but I have the occasional cup of weak green tea or matcha. I’m sure you are OK but I also know the stress Dr Google can bring

Eta to add: I’m sorry about your m/c.
    I had two before my son but it was determined to be due to a uterine abnormality and not the mthfr. Neverless it’s so heartbreaking . Hoping you get your healthy bfp this month

10. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@skinnycow: Ugh, so sorry to hear this! But at least there's a way forward. Fingers crossed now that you know you'll get your sticky baby.

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I would say tomorrow is the day 😬

ETA: It is just wrong that the First Response OPKs look like their pregnancy tests #onlywayIcanget2linesonthedangthing

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: 😂🤣😂🤣😂 I almost spit my Propel across the room bc I saw the pic 1st (I figured that is why your OPKs were jacked up and the wonky temps and all - you were PREGNANT! 😯) THEN, after composing myself from giddiness; I read your post. I'm very still happy for you, but it's not the same. (*SMH*) 😉🤣 #DontDoThatToMeAgainLady! #NextTimeBetterBeTheRealDeal. #BFPForSamsMom

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I KNOW!!! I got so sad looking at the damned thing because it looks just like their dang HPTs!!! The only difference is a clear cap instead of a pink one and the "legend/key" for pregnant/not pregnant.

When I finally get pregnant there will be like 10 people tagged before you even get to a picture

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

So, I made an impulse buy after my thermometer pulled some sheisty moves this morning. I JUST bought the Tempdrop. 😯😱 I'm probably tempting fate here (as my hubby believes) BUT if it means I can wake whenever and can track BBT while TTC, track sleep and temp during pregnancy, and track for ovulation postpartum, it is worth it. Right? (* I also have a $10 off code if anyone else would like to research and purchase one.)

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Lady, I better be on that tag list! 😉 I need some warning as well ... no beverages in my mouth as I view your post! 😂

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I've heard good things about them, badgermom has one for sure I know. Hey, if it takes buying one to get pregnant before you even use it, I'd buy one 😂

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: And yes, of course you're on that list I can't make any promises about the no beverage rule though

18. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Sams Mom: Exciting! Go get it, lady.

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@karenbme: I have to make tonight and tomorrow count because I will be out of town this weekend and my husband works 2nds all weekend. So hopefully O-3, O-1, & O covers my bases for me.

20. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: Oooh, tempdrop looks so fancy! And if it's going to give you peace of mind, it's worth it. Besides, if you're putting in the effort to temp, you need something that's going to work consistently.

21. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Sams Mom: Sounds like a solid plan. Those days should cover your bases for sure.

22. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Sams Mom: I just got really excited thinking that was a frer!!!

23. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

I caved and went to dollar tree and bought $1 test

Anyone use their “ brand” before? I’m planning on taking it Monday if AF doesn’t come on Sunday

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@magnolia: YOU'RE TELLING ME

Here's to a repeat 2 lines in 14 days

(I totally got 8 First Response OPKs and 1 FRER on clearance at walmart for $12)

25. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@skinnycow: De-lurking to let you know you're not alone. I also have the MTHFR Gene and found out half way through my last pregnancy when everything was seeming to go wrong. Luckily we were able to make the corrections and I went on to have a healthy baby. I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant with #2. Folic Acid wont be absorbed correctly so I take a high dose of Methylfolate along with my prenatal, I started this while TTC and I really think it helped. While pregnant I have to take Blood thinner injections along with baby aspirin. Dr Google is very scary and I would get myself all wrapped up in it, but the best solution is to just breath and follow your doctors instructions. Let me know if you have questions or just want to talk about it as I know it can play some mind games on you. Hang in there and I'm so sorry about your MC.

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@magnolia: I've seen them on Glow a lot, I imagine they're very similar to the $0.88 Walmart ones

27. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Sams Mom: that’s a good deal! After going crazy POASing last month I was determined not to spend too much. I have one digital that I am “saving” too

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: That is what I was thinking as well! I'm trying to envision it as an "investment" in my fertility health and sanity. 😉😂

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Magnolia: @Sams Mom: I haven't touched my stash of FRERS yet. Been using 10 MIU internet cheapies half knowing that if I implanted at 7 dpo (the day of my temp dip) or even on 8 dpo and my HCG levels were at 2.5 or less, I wouldn't register positive on one until after 12 or 13 dpo at a 48 hour rise and by 14/15 dpo by a 72 hour rise. My goodness, I'm such a POAS geek 🤓! Lol. 🤣

Hey, Sam's Mom - Guess what is for supper tonight? 😉
    🍕🍍

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I have 2 FRERs that I will try to avoid for a while, 3-4 CB Digitals hidden in my home that my sister won't tell me where one is until I send her a picture of a positive line test, and about 8 internet cheapies... So hopefully I can survive on that

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SamsMom: I've got a crazy stash. 😂🤣 I just hold off bc that BFN scares me stupid (and depressed).

I could host a "POAS Party" over here. 🙂😂

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: BAHAHAHA! That is soooooo me!

33. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Kaohinani: lol amazing! Can I come over??!!

34. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

Hey, does anyone know what it means when a clear blue OPK reader does this and doesn’t return a result? I lost the instructions months ago...

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@karenbme: Kaohinani will know better than I, but I want to say not enough pee or it's not pushed all the way in? That is a total guess though, it's been months since I've used one.

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@magnolia: Sure - wine, crudites, and POAS fun! A great girls' night in.

37. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Kaohinani: the pineapple is definitely a symptom! I craved it my entire pregnancy with Ds!

Right now all I want to eat is bread. But maybe that’s PMS cravings

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: I can't remember exactly, but I believe that either it is that the stick was either not all the way in (or was ejected too soon) OR there is a testing error and it wants you to use another stick. I would check the Q&A section OR the downloadable insert on their website.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@magnolia: I hope the pineapple is! But I can't get over not having sore breasts. My first 2 full term pregnancies and that was a HUGE symptom. This time only cramps. IDK. I'm leaning to weird cycle.

40. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Kaohinani: well fwiw I had crazy letdown type soreness last cycle and was . I don’t remember boob soreness until much later on when i was pregnant with my son. Still hopeful for you!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee