Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@travellingbee: That is so awesome that he is sleeping through the night. Hope he keeps it up.

@Smurfette: Poor girl. Hope she's better soon. Poop sucks.

This last week about half the days Isaac has woke up early and the only thing that calms him is laying in our bed with us. Most of the time he just lays awake for about an hour until it is time to get up.

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: Poor baby waking up early! Hope it's just a phase.

3. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I hope it's a really short phase. This morning he only woke up 15 min early, but wanted to come lay in our bed still.

4. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: That's awesome about his sleep! I hope the trend continues! And kind of amazing that he puts himself into a time out at this age!

@Smurfette: How is R feeling these days? Any relief from the MOTN poops?

@ALV91711: Pete does this most mornings too. I've learned to just enjoy the 4-5am snuggles! But, I hope it's just a phase for you and he gets more sleep soon.

Bedtimes have been smoother this week. They still take a long time but less overall crying, which is a big improvement.

Yesterday, Pete was talking about how he will get to drive a car, a truck, a train, and a plane when he is a "great big man." It went something like, "I drive the car when I a great big man." I may or may not have teared up thinking about him as a great big man one day! *sob

He also gives the best kisses these days. He grabs the back of my head/neck and plants the sweetest little peck on my lips! It's just the cutest.

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: a great big man, so cute but way too hard to think about.

I'm jealous of the kisses. Any time lately that we ask Isaac for a kiss he gives us his forehead or a cheek to kiss.

6. Adira

@QueensBee: That is so cute about how he was talking about what he's going to do when he's a "great big man!" And kisses!

I scared poor Xander the other day. We're having some landscaping work done and the landscaper arrived before Hubs got home, so I had to leave Xander and Logan inside while I went outside and talked to the guy (it was raining and cold, otherwise I would've just brought Xander with me outside). I was outside for maybe 10 minutes, but when I came back in, Xander was crying and told me he was scared and kept clinging to me.

7. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@travellingbee: I think we have the biggest toddlers. What size diapers is L wearing? I have to buy more overnights and regular and wondering if I should move up. R woke up at 415 and she was completely soaked. But I wonder if 6's will be huge.
    @QueensBee: The poops aren't any better. I am going to call the pedi again tomorrow if today isn't any better. She pooped, required a pj change, before she fell asleep last night. But then was up at 415 soaking wet. Then was up at 6. Poor girl is exhausted. I didn't giver her milk this morning to see if that will help with the poops today. She wasn't happy at all
    @Adira: Aww, he will be ok. I have had to do something like that before. Luckily he has probably already forgotten about it.

8. Adira

@Smurfette: Thanks! I hope he's forgotten it, though it was still kind of clingy yesterday, so I'm not sure. He's been sleeping fine though, so at least he's not having bad dreams or anything.

Poor R! That must be so uncomfortable for her. I hope she feels better soon and the constant pooping stops!

9. Adira

Ugh, I just have to vent. Normally Hubs puts Xander to bed and while he's doing it, I put Logan to bed, clean up Xander's dishes, prepare and wash bottles, ensure Xander's lunch is ready for the next day, and I make dinner. So tonight I put Xander to bed and all Hubs did was put Logan to bed. I still had to clean up Xander's dishes, prepare and wash the bottles, ensure Xander's lunch was ready, and then I nagged Hubs to make dinner because there was no way I was doing that on top of everything else. And usually Hubs and I will watch a show together, but now he's monopolizing the TV to watch stupid sports and refusing to pause it (even though he's not even watching it live) so I can't watch anything! Ugh, I'm so pissed.

10. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Hugs mama. That sucks. Both your boys go to bed at the same time? Is Logan an awesome sleeper too?

11. Adira

@ALV91711: They don't always go to bed at the same time, but lately they have been. And yes, Logan is an awesome sleeper!

12. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Adira: Gah grumble! Hopefully he makes it up to you tonight!

13. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Smurfette: I'm just seeing this but I answered in your other thread. He's still in 5s but I think if she's peeing out, go for it!

14. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Awe, hope she is feeling better today! Did the ped have any ideas or tips?

@Adira: Ugh, I'd be grumbly about that too!

Happy Friday, everyone!

15. Smurfette

@QueensBee: We have been giving her Probotics and it seems to have stopped the runs! Thank God!

16. Adira

@blackbird: @QueensBee: Thanks ladies! I think I was just moody too, which wasn't helping anything!

17. Adira

Xander's mispronounciation of Logan is "Yoda."

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Glad they have stopped. Hoping she feels good this weekend.

@Adira: Yoda, too cute!

On Isaac's daycare sheet today his teacher wrote that he was being rough with his friends And here I thought he was being so nice this morning going over to the baby room to play with his buddy who is a few months younger.

19. Adira

@ALV91711: I feel you. Xander is a bully at daycare. They are constantly working with him to be gentle and sharing.

20. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Yoda! Too much cuteness!

@ALV91711: Awe, that is tough to hear but very common at this age, I'm sure.

I had a major parenting fail today. Pete locked me out of the car today when I went to pick him up at daycare! He was playing with the car keys while I was loading his backpack and my gym bag into the car, and I didn't notice that he pressed the "lock" button. So, after I buckled him in, I tossed the keys into the front seat and shut the back door. When, I went to open the driver's door, it was locked! My husband has the only set of extra keys and he is in Las Vegas on a business trip this week. After about twenty minutes, many tears, a call to 9-1-1, and the arrival of the town fire department, I was finally back in the car!

Ugh, even though I logically knew he'd be fine and this wasn't a matter of life or death (it was about 60 degrees out), it was so hard to see him behind glass windows and not be able to get to him.

Thankfully, my awesome neighbors invited me over for pizza and wine tonight to help take the edge off. After a few glasses of red, I think I'm able to look back and laugh about this. I think.

And Pete's never allowed to touch my keys again...

21. Adira

@QueensBee: Ahhh!! That's so scary!! I would have felt so panicked! Glad everyone is okay. Was Pete scared at all?

22. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: Yikes! That would be scary. Of course it would only happen when your hubby is away.

23. travellingbee

@QueensBee: I did that once a while ago and it was like 95 degrees out. We stupidly panicked and broke a window.

24. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: He wasn't scared but he was hungry. I had given him a little bowl of cheerios because he's always hungry leaving daycare, but he ate it in about 3 minutes and then was crying for more. I felt so terrible that I knew he was hungry and couldn't give him any more food! But, I was able to distract him by playing peekaboo for most of the time.

@ALV91711: I know! In reality, it wouldn't have made a big difference if he had been in NY because he works about two hours away and doesn't get home until 8:30pm, but it just felt extra hopeless that he was across the country!

@travellingbee: So scary, right? But you guys probably did the right thing considering the heat. It took me about 20 minutes to get help (first I called some neighbors to look for a spare key in our house, then my dad to call a locksmith, then subaru roadside assistance, and then finally 9-1-1) and that would have been a long time on a hot day! But now I know to just call 9-1-1 directly should it happen again.

25. Smurfette

@QueensBee: so scary!!!

26. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@travellingbee: @Smurfette: We're in the largest diaper size available for overnight diapers since he's otherwise soaked in the morning.

@QueensBee: wow that sounds soooo scary! Glad it all worked out though.

27. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: How have you been? Are you all moved into your new place now? How are both the babies?

28. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: Yes we've moved now! Luckily my parents were able to help last weekend and we only have very few boxes left. Both kids seem to be settling in really well. It has even helped with most of B's sleep issues for now. We're still working on not getting out of bed at bedtime but sometimes we're able to leave his crib open (cribs here have a couple of removable slats, so the kids can crawl out of there cribs) other times we have to put them back in but he's STTN again. We've also moved J to her own room which also works really well.

29. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: I'm glad sleep is getting better and yay for being moved! I love the sound of your crib. That would be awesome for really bad nights when they are learning to stay in bed.

30. Smurfette

Last night R was sitting on the potty looking at a book when I was running the bath water. I turned the sink on to spot treat her shirt really quick and I thought that I heard her peeing. I look down and she is looking at herself and then she screams "I did it!" Lol! She cracks me up. I made a big deal about it and then gave her a Hershey Kiss as a reward. Then all night and this morning she kept saying pee in the potty!!

31. travellingbee

@Smurfette: omg that's amazing!!!! Wow!

32. blackbird

@Smurfette: That's adorable!

33. Smurfette

@travellingbee: Hoping that this will help her connect what pee pee actually is and she starts to understand the connection to the feeling that she has to go.

34. Adira

@Smurfette: YAY!!!!! Go R!!!!

35. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Woohoo!! Go R!!

So tired...three mornings of 4:30am wake ups. He'll lay in our bed for a bit but won't go to sleep.

36. Adira

@ALV91711: Ugh, I'm sorry! Waking up at 4:30 is rough, especially when you normally don't have to. Hope things improve soon.

37. blackbird

@ALV91711: 4:30! No! that is not ok! We've had some of those days with E . DH gets up for work at 4:45, though, so it's not *awful*, just very WTF and tiresome. Hope you can get a big cup of coffee in today!

38. Adira

Oh my gosh girls, they are thinking of transitioning Xander to Toddler 2!! Gahhh!!! Nooooooo!!!!

As far as I know, and I need to ask his teacher about it, Toddler 2 isn't THAT much different than Toddler 1, except I think they drink out of open cups and they start potty training in that room (WTF, so not ready). On the one hand, I'm excited for him because his two best friends are in Toddler 2. But I'm also totally not ready! I'm not ready to potty train (and neither is he) and I'm so scared of him having a new teacher that I don't know! His current teacher is soooooooooo good about both his milk allergy and his asthma and I trust her completely with him! This new teacher, I don't know her at all except that one of the other moms HATES her and she was briefly in the infant room and apparently found sleepers baffling (she never buttoned Logan's sleepers back on correctly - always missing a button or just not doing the top button). I'm nervous!

39. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@blackbird: There will be lots of coffee today. He did it again. 4 days straight now.

@Adira: Yikes! Why is he growing so fast? Are you able to go and meet with this teacher and talk to her about his allergies? Are the toddler rooms based on age? If I were you I'd want to get some comfort with the new room and teacher before he was over there all day.

At our daycare there is one toddler room 18 months - 3 years. They do potty training when they are ready. Isaac used a sippy when he started in there but now he only uses open cups there. The other day I finally brought his sippies home.

40. Adira

@ALV91711: Interesting! At our daycare, they have 3 toddler rooms, which I think range from 18 months to 3 years. They move up based on readiness, not age. He's currently the oldest in the Toddler 1 class, so he's the next to move (his best friends have already moved to Toddler 2). They're doing trial runs over the next few weeks to determine if he's "ready", but have said they won't move him if he seems to regress, though so far, he's done fine over there. Although I honestly am not sure what they are doing that's so different besides the open cups thing!

As for the teacher, supposedly everyone at the center is VERY aware of Xander's allergies and stuff, and when he's been visiting the other room, his normal teacher kept reminding the new teacher of them. I'm just nervous!! His current teacher is sooooooooo on top of his allergies. She reads labels and is really cautious about what she gives him. She really has made me feel so comfortable with him there (unlike the infant teachers - you guys have heard all my complaints about them). So a new teacher in general just makes me nervous because I don't know how she'll be. But considering how she couldn't (or wouldn't) even button up Logan's sleepers correctly, she already hasn't instilled me with much confidence. I mean, if you can't even button a sleeper correctly, how am I supposed to trust you not to feed my son milk??

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee