Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: I mean, maybe it's the brand I bought? But as far as I know, Xander's only around 25 lbs and half of that is in his head, so he's pretty slim!

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: what brand did you get? Do they have adjustable waist?

3. Adira

@Smurfette: The brand is Healthtex (which I've gotten before for shirts, but not for bottoms). It has an elastic waist, but the 2T starts off way too loose on Xander.

4. Smurfette

@Adira: yeah elastic waist is hard for skinny minis. I would look for some with adjustable waist.

5. Adira

@Smurfette: Good idea. Xander has some elastic waist pants, but I think they are all 18m or 24m. Apparently 2T is too big!

6. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Adira: E has the same problem unless she's in a cloth diaper. She still wears 18m leggings to daycare most days! They're super short on her, but they actually stay up.

7. Adira

@blackbird: haha, yeah, the 18m pants Xander wears are short too, but they fit his waist perfectly!

8. Smurfette

@blackbird: the good thing is now it is summer, so she can make them capri leggings and get away with it. @Adira: unfortunately boy's can't get away with it.

9. Adira

@Smurfette: haha, yeah, I think Xander looks pretty stupid with some of his shorter pants! But he also looks silly with his pants falling down! Although at least with shorts, there's more leeway since I can just get a smaller size and they'll just be a little shorter, but still shorts!

10. blackbird

@Smurfette: true, LOL! Boys can't really do capris unless they're hipster

11. Smurfette

@Adira: R has some jumping jean knit shorts that are tight on her in 2T. Maybe the boys run smaller too.

12. Adira

@Smurfette: That could be - I think Xander might have some jumping bean pants too that fit him. I'll have to look into that.

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I just switched Isaac to 18m bottoms two weeks ago and some of them are still too big. He still has a few pair of 12m that fit good. He's going to be wearing the same clothes as last summer if he doesn't have a big growth spurt any time soon.

@Smurfette: Last night he had a great sleep and was much more himself today. Hoping for a repeat tonight.

14. Adira

@ALV91711: Oh wow! You have a little peanut too!

15. blackbird

@Adira: @Smurfette: Those fit E well, too! Kohls FTW!

16. Smurfette

@blackbird: she has some colored khakis from there and they are my favorite on her. They were a hand me down but I hope I can find some for the fall for her. Since she can't wear skinny jeans, will give me more color options.

17. blackbird

@Smurfette: We have a pair of Levi's leggings that are denim printed, but they aren't denim.....and E wears them ALL THE TIME! They're great on skinny minis.

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Isaac pooped on the potty this morning!! He was so excited.

19. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Wow!! How exciting! All these poopin' and peein' on the potty babies! Pete won't event sit on the thing yet...

@blackbird: @ALV91711: Pete's 2T summer shorts are also way too big! I am going to have to buy some smaller pairs of shorts as well. I recently bought a pair of 12-18month size pants at H&M because I could tell, by looking at them, that they would fit perfectly. And they do. Wtf is up with the weird boy pant sizing?!

I have a theory about the shorts because our guys are not *that* small. I think girls can wear tighter/shorter shorts, so they naturally make them a bit smaller. But the boy style is loose and baggy, so they make them on the looser/baggier end. I think they end up way too big for most boys of average size. And that is my boy shorts conspiracy theory!

What is everyone up to for Mother's Day tomorrow? We will be taking to Pete to see my mom at her house. We're hoping the weather will be nice enough to walk along the beach, and then have a BBQ afterwards. The rest of the weekend will be filled with yardwork. We finally had landscapers come yesterday to level out our hilly backyard and put down grass seed. In a few short weeks, we should finally have a real lawn. I can't wait! In the meantime, we have to keep Pete off the seed, which is no easy task.

20. Smurfette

@QueensBee: H&M runs hugs! Good theory about the boy shorts though!
    @ALV91711: That's awesome! We really to try and buckle down with R. She seems to have lost interest. This morning she pooped in her diaper and then wanted to poop on the potty and got upset when she didn't.

We don't have big plans. Might go to dinner tonight, the three of us. Then tomorrow afternoon going to my Aunts to spend try afternoon with the whole family. The men do all the cooking for dinner.

21. blackbird

@QueensBee: we're going out for donuts in the morning and to DH's uncle's in the afternoon for a BBQ. But it's supposed to rain, so we'll see. I made a key lime pie today and will add whipped cream and strawberries tomorrow to dress it up. I used a mix, so it's not fancy by any means

22. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: I like your shorts theory. Sounds like a fun day tomorrow. I'm going out shopping and for a pedicure in the afternoon by myself. Other than that nothing special, neither of our mom's live close to us for a visit.

@Smurfette: That will be a fun afternoon. Awesome that all the men do the cooking.

@blackbird: Key lime pie sounds delicious!

23. Adira

We don't have plans for tomorrow. We're at a wedding tonight so we'll probably just stay home tomorrow.

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Hope you had fun at the wedding! Your dress is really pretty.

25. Adira

@ALV91711: Thank you!! The wedding was so much fun! Xander was really good too. He couldn't sit quietly through the ceremony, but we didn't expect him too, so Hubs took him outside. He was really good at the reception though. And dancing was so fun! Xander was breaking out all the moves! And then he and another toddler chased each other around for an hour.

26. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Happy Mother's Day!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

27. Smurfette

@Adira: R is a flower girl on Sat. I am not sure she will make it down the aisle. We have a sitter lined up but I am debating keeping her up so she can dance since she does fine with staying up past bedtime. Plus then it keeps me from drinking too much!

28. Adira

@Smurfette: The ring bearer at this wedding had to be carried down the aisle by his dad. And you should totally keep R for the dancing! Xander had soooooo much fun and everyone loved watching him and dancing with him. R will have a blast!

Happy Mother's Day!!

29. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Smurfette: I'm way behind here. Is R still pooping overnight/early morning? My LO pooped overnight/early morning for over a year. Huggies Overnights have worked well for us. Now that we're about a month into potty training she has finally changed her schedule. Daycare predicted that would happen. I hope things change for you soon.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

30. Smurfette

@Corduroy: well we cut milk at night and it stopped. She has some last night and pooped this morning. But at least she slept till 815 this morning! How is potty training going?

31. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Smurfette: Glad to hear you figured it out. Potty training has been going well. LO (well all of us) have been sick. Grandma came to town for a visit and has been babysitting. I think that is causing a little set back because of the change in routine. I'm not worried though because I'm braced for major regression when LO2 arrives in June.

32. Smurfette

Reagan gave me a wonderful Mothers Day gift, she puked all over herself, the car, and car seat. So nasty. My car smells so bad. We were luckily almost to my Aunts house so she didn't have to sit in it for long. On the way home to take the car seat out and clean it really good.

33. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!

@blackbird: Homemade key lime pie, even with a mix, is fancy to me! (Even more so when you are a million weeks pregnant) Sounds delicious!

@Adira: Loved the photos of you guys at the wedding! Everyone looked great! Sounds like Xander had a blast!

@Smurfette: Oh man, puke is the car seat is bad. Any chance you can convince DH to take care of it since it's your special day? I would definitely be pulling the Mother's Day card on that one!

@Corduroy: Congrats on your potty training successes!

34. Smurfette

@QueensBee: ha! He has been a pain in the ass today. We both did it but I definetly did more work.

35. blackbird

@QueensBee: it was actually really good! Tart!@Smurfette: we had a similar problem and the foonf comes apart easily thankfully!

36. Smurfette

@blackbird: So glad that the seat comes off, found some puke hiding in there. I think we got it all out. We put DH's seat in my car and letting mine air out since he is gone till Wed night anyway. I like the Foonf way better then the Nextfit!

37. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh no!!!! Sorry to hear about the disaster in your car! How is R feeling now? And how are you feeling?? Hope you didn't catch whatever she had!

38. Smurfette

@Adira: She was totally fine right after. She just wanted my Mom hold her for awhile. Which of course she didn't mind. We didn't stay home and by the time we got home she was running around like normal. She went to bed early, since she woke up during her car nap to puke, so she was exhausted. She woke up this morning and was ready to play. I took her to school.

39. Adira

@Smurfette: Sounds like whatever Xander had the weekend before! He woke up during his nap and puked and then puked again 30 minutes later, but after that was totally fine! Glad she was well enough to go to school today!

40. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Glad it was short lived. Cleaning puke out of the car would be gross!!

@Corduroy: Any potty training tips or tricks?

Isaac pooped on the potty again tonight before his bath! As much as I can't wait to be done diapers, I'm not ready for this.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee