Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@ALV91711: What time is his bed time? Would pushing it back help?
    @Adira: He isn't drinking out of an open cup already? We will do sippy at home mostly, but she does great with open cups. Even if they potty train in this room, I am sure they aren't going to pressure him to do it. At first it will just getting his used to the potty. He will do fine with the room change. And I am sure the teacher is great too. Otherwise they wouldn't have her working there. Just make sure you remind her every day for awhile about this allergy.

R's teacher said when I picked her up yesterday that she was asking to go potty all day. I don't think she ever went and she didn't for me last night. But she leaked out of her diaper last night, I wonder if she was holding it all day. Her teacher said she brought her a diaper in the morning and said I popped, change please. Haha!

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: Thanks! We give him water out of an open cup at home, but give him a sippy for milk and juice because I don't want the mess, haha. And in Toddler 1, they do sippy cups, so that's what he's been using most of the time. And that's a good point about them probably not pressuring him. And he'll presumably be in that room for a while and I'm sure Toddler 3 continues potty training too, so it's not like he has to figure it out immediately.

That's awesome that R is getting so close to being ready for the potty!!! Awesome that she's interested and great that she wants to change her diaper when she poops. Those are wonderful signs!!!

3. Smurfette

@Adira: He might not move up to toddler 3 unless they are potty trained. I know the 3 boys in R's class aren't anywhere near ready to train. Only one girl is having any sort of luck. But her Mom is due in June so I would bet money she will regress. Yeah we do milk in a sippy still. She likes to carry her cups around the house. So we usually do open cup with meals and that is all. Other then when she steals our drinks.
    I don't know how ready she is but I am not ready. I am going to miss her cute bubble butt!

4. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Ugh, you must be exhausted! I hope he starts to sleep in a little later soon!

We've had trouble with Pete waking up early too. Yesterday, I made a little sticker chart for his room called "Peter's Sleep Chart" (very creative, right?). I hung it up and told him that if he stays in his own bed until the sun comes out, he can put on a sticker and have a cookie in the morning (yes, I bribed him with sugar!). He actually slept in his own bed until 6:30am today! I have no idea if the chart worked all (not likely) or if it was just a fluke (likely), but he was very pleased about his sticker and animal cracker this morning.

@Smurfette: Wow, it sounds like she is showing some real signs of potty readiness! Big girl!

@Adira: We were told that they are moving Pete up to the next classroom in September and I panicked too! For us, it means new teachers and a new location that is harder to get to. I toured the new location a few weeks ago and now feel a lot better about it. I can understand your concern about the new teacher and the allergies! Can you visit the classroom and meet with her at some point?

5. Smurfette

@QueensBee: oh we totally bribe with sugar. How do you think we finally got her to stop pulling her pig tails/ponytails out?
    Wait, he is moving rooms and centers/buildings?

6. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Yes, the school operates three classrooms at two different locations. The infants and "woddlers" (18 months-2.5 years) are at one house. The primary classroom (ages 3-5) are at a different house, just under a mile away.
    I assumed that they would wait until his birthday next March to move him over but they want to move his whole cohort of woddlers at the beginning of September.

Ha, and glad I'm not the only one bribing my kid with sugar at 7am!

7. Smurfette

@QueensBee: gotcha!
    Well we give the sugar right before dinner when she gets home from school. Only lately she doesn't even ask for her cookie. But I might start the cookie to see if it will help her sleep later and stay in her bed!

8. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@QueensBee: @Smurfette: I totally gave E a freeze pop last night after dinner to buy myself some time, lol. Plus, lord knows that *I* can't have one if she doesn't get one.

9. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, I don't know the difference between Toddler 2 and 3. Totally agree with you that that girl might regress once the baby is born. That's a good idea to do open cup at meals. We should probably do that too.

@QueensBee: Awesome sleep for Pete! Hope it wasn't a fluke. And yes, I can probably meet with the teacher. When Xander's not outside, he's often in her room in the afternoon for pick-up anyway since all the toddlers combine. She's just not very personable though... it's hard to get a read on her. I didn't really like her when she was in the Infant room, but I also didn't know her very well. Ugh, I'm just so not looking forward to the move. Glad you were given advance warning about Pete moving!!

10. Smurfette

@Adira: We don't fill the cup up. We might have to make more trips for refills but otherwise she makes a mess. She always wants ice too. Luckily she is past the let's put my food in the cup phase, that was fun!

11. Adira

@Smurfette: haha, Xander does that in the tub (puts his foot in the cup). When we give him water, we only fill it maybe a quarter of the way. But he still spills a lot, so he needs more practice!

12. Smurfette

@Adira: Ha, I just edited my post. I meant food in the cup, not foot!

also try crazy straws, she loves them with a cup!

13. Adira

@Smurfette: haha, well that makes more sense at the dinner table!

14. Smurfette

I am sure it was a fluke but she peed and pooped in the potty before bath.

Then pooped in the bath tub. That was fun to clean up.

Two poops, really kid?!?!?

15. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: His bedtime is 7pm. Usually he can hardly make it to 7 because he is so tired from his long days. Tonight I'm going to start trying 7:30 for a few nights and see if that changes anything. It does look like his 2nd molars are starting to come in, so that doesn't help.

@Adira: We only do open cups at meals or snacks because he is sitting strapped in. During the day it is straw or sippy cups.

@QueensBee: Hopefully the sticker chart helps him stay in bed. Anything for more sleep. Animal crackers in the morning isn't the worst thing. I can't believe how soon he is moving up rooms. Where are our babies going?

16. Adira

@Smurfette: Yay! But sorry!! Xander has pooped in the tub a few times too. It's gross.

17. Smurfette

@Adira: it is so gross! I hate it every time.

So this morning I was getting her dressed and she said she had to pee. I told her to go and I didn't follow her cause I figured she would just sit on it and not pee like earlier this morning. A minute later she comes runny in her room and says I did it. I go look and she pooped!!! I can't believe it. She keeps yelling I pooped in the potty. Her teacher told me yesterday that she thinks she will be the first in her class trained. I don't know I am ready for this! We are going to buy more pull ups and try them at home.

18. blackbird

@Smurfette: hah tub poop is the worst! What cracks me up about it is that it seems to legitimately scare E. She screams and tries to escape the tub

19. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Awesome!! She is going to be potty trained in not time!

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

We did the 7:30 bedtime tonight and he had a bit shorter nap than normal today. Here's hoping we get to sleep a bit later tomorrow.

I wanted to take him outside to play after dinner to tucker him out but as soon as we were done eating it started pouring rain.

21. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Wow, wow she is really ready! I hope you guys have an easy time with it... and can teach us all your potty tips and tricks!

And I feel lucky that we've managed to avoid tub poop for this long. I didn't know it was a thing!

@ALV91711: how did sleep go with the new bedtime?

We've been skipping most naps on the weekends (he maybe gets a 30 minute car nap), and he's been sleeping through the night a lot better. We currently have four stickers on his chart. I'm sad to lose the midday nap but enjoying the long stretches of sleep.

22. Smurfette

@ALV91711: did he sleep in?
    @QueensBee: well she had no luck the rest of the weekend. But we also don't really ask her if she has to go. DH and I aren't ready to really buckle down and do it. I am still hoping day care will do it for me!

23. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: @Smurfette: Sleep has been better the last two mornings. I hope it stays that way, I can't do another week of being up by 4:30.

@QueensBee: Good that he is getting stickers on his chart. Losing the afternoon nap scares me but in a way I think it will make weekends easier.

@Smurfette: That would be so nice if she learned at daycare. By the sounds of it potty training won't be too hard for her, it sounds like she gets it.

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Another early morning, WTF kid!

I really do think it is his bedtime. Last night I was out and DH put him to bed at 7pm.

25. blackbird

@ALV91711: E's was 7pm until she was about 18/19/20 months and we had to bump it back to 7;30 in order for her to sleep until 6:30/6:45. A few of my friends had to bump bedtime by about 30 min, too, at that age!

26. Smurfette

@ALV91711: R goes to bed between 830/845. We put her down at 745/800. But she still wakes up between 630/700 most mornings. I think he needs a later time.

27. Adira

So I'm warming up to Xander's new teacher. She totally chatted me up today and even mentioned that she wasn't sure of the ingredients in the lunch for tomorrow and asked me to send in food for him just in case. And then she told me that she asked for time off from work to attend a class about food allergies! I'm so happy she's taking Xander's allergies so seriously!!!

28. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@blackbird: @Smurfette: I definitely agree he is needing to go to bed later, since I don't think cutting down his nap will happen yet.

Then today he came home from daycare sick. He just looked terrible and was miserable and was asleep about 7:15. So who knows what tonight will bring.

@Adira: Sounds like she is turning out to be a wonderful teacher. Glad she is being proactive and taking Xanders allergies seriously.

29. Adira

@ALV91711: Poor baby! I hate when they are sick. Hopefully he's getting a lot of sleep tonight and will feel better soon.

30. blackbird

@Adira: That's awesome!!! She sounds like she's really making the effort

31. Smurfette

@Adira: that's great!
    @ALV91711: poor guy! Hope he got some good sleep and is feeling better!

Y'all I am so sick of the poopy diapers in the AM. She soaked through a size 6 diaper last night. Guessing cause of the poop. We already cut her liquids in half. She isn't eating the same things at night, but every morning, poop. I think she is doing it over night too.

32. Adira

@Smurfette: Ugh, I'm sorry!! Is it possible the diaper just wasn't on tight enough to contain everything??

33. Smurfette

@Adira: I don't think so. It was tight. I wonder if she is holding it during the day cause she doesn't like the feeling of a wet diaper. She only asked day care to go to potty once all day and she didn't go. She didn't go for me last night either, but she had an epic meltdown that lasted for 20 mins.

34. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh yikes, maybe!! Poor baby!

35. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: That's great news! She sounds awesome! What a relief for you...

@ALV91711: Awe, I hope he's feeling better. What time did he wake up? Pete has trouble falling asleep at 8:30pm if he takes a nap at daycare. He is definitely running on less sleep these days.

@Smurfette: Ugh, I hate waking to the soaked diaper. Does she get a rash from having poop in there overnight? I have no idea what you could do to this fix this problem but I can offer sympathy. That sounds terrible!

36. Smurfette

@QueensBee: She was a little red this morning but most days she isn't.

37. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Double ear infection. Last night was rough, high fever, not sleeping well. We slept in the spare room. He woke up a lot but did sleep until 8am which is unheard of. Short nap today, so I'm hoping for a good nights sleep tonight. My only concern is he hasn't eaten much today but he has been drinking lots which is good.

@Smurfette: She probably is holding it. Can they put her on the potty more often at daycare and get her to try?

38. Smurfette

@ALV91711: poor guy!! Hopefully the drugs will kick in soon and you all get some rest!

39. Adira

@ALV91711: Oh no!!! Double ear infections, suck. I'm sorry!

So my kid is scrawny. I bought a bunch of 2T shorts for him, but when I went to put a pair on him, it was WAY too loose!!!! I guess I need to go buy some in 18m???

40. Smurfette

@Adira: ha! I bought R some 3T dresses cause the lengh otherwise won't last the whole summer. Plus ON runs small. but she fills out 2T shorts no problem. She has some, hand me downs, that are almost too tight.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee