Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: What a sweetheart. He must be such a great big brother if he is so caring and kind to all the other kids.

@Adira: He's maybe 28lbs and in size 4. He's in huggies. Either snugglers or movers depending where I'm shopping when I need them. I never thought about getting overnights, he keeps waking up with a pretty wet diaper, so that is probably a good idea.

Isaac has turned into a little snitch on himself. Anything he does something bad that he gets in trouble for he tells the other parent what he did and what happened. Like yesterday morning I got up and he was telling me how he bit daddy and that we don't bite people.

2. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: B can totally be a bully 'cause - you know - he's like a head taller than most of his peers so he takes what he wants if he feels like it. Most of the time he doesn't though. He used to have an interesting way of taking what he wants: He went up to the other kids took their toy but handed them something else at the same time. Hahaha

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: Yeah, definitely try the Overnites! They are great! And that is so cute about Isaac snitching on himself. It's great he's learning and remembering.

@Pumuckl: haha, Xander does that with Logan, but it takes coaxing. Logan will be playing with something and even if Xander doesn't really WANT whatever it is, he'll come over and take it away from Logan! And then when we insist he learns to share, he'll just hand Logan sometime else, lol. Kids are funny.

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@ALV91711: I would size up. R wears a 6 at night. We don't buy the overnights anymore, but even though she isn't the weigh on the box, the 6's fit her much much better. She wears 3T-4T pulls up. She stood on our scale this weekend, full dressed she was 30lbs.

5. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Pumuckl: B sounds like a real sweetheart! Pete's teachers call him Cassanova because he is a bit of a ladies' man, lol.

@ALV91711: Pete is 29.5 lbs and we have him in size 5. I think it could be worth sizing up! I love that he snitches on himself. Must keep you guys laughing. So honest!

We had a really great weekend using the potty. I put him in diapers overnight but he's woken up dry the past two nights so I'm thinking about night training too. He's back at school today and I'm really hoping he gets comfortable using the one there, although I know it will take a few days.

6. Adira

@QueensBee: That's awesome! Xander's still not that interested in the potty (unless it can be used to delay bedtime).

7. Smurfette

@QueensBee: so glad that he is doing great with the potty! I'm not at all jealous

8. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: @Smurfette: Thanks! I'm so proud of him but we still have a long way to go! He hasn't started wearing underwear yet (he's commando), he's having accidents at school, and we haven't yet attempted public restrooms. I'm trying to be patient and take it one day at a time.

@Smurfette: Tell R she has an HB cheerleading potty squad over Labor Day weekend! Fingers crossed she'll get back on board then!

9. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@QueensBee: wow that sounds really promising. I put B in undies this evening because he didn't want to wear a diaper and it didn't work out too well

10. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: @Smurfette: @QueensBee: Definitely going to try size 5's. Probably won't be shopping until the weekend, so hopefully no more soak throughs.

I think a part of the problem is he still drinks a lot at night. He has a cup of milk before bed and I've been thinking we have to wean him of that.

@QueensBee: So glad he is doing good with the potty. Hopefully it goes good at school for him.

@Pumuckl: I'm so glad we have hardwood on the main floor for the potty training stage!

@Smurfette: I hope your long weekend potty boot camp goes good and that she gets back on board.

I know that Isaac has no concept of months but yesterday while we were out for a walk he was telling me in two months he will potty train.

And exciting news, Isaac is getting another cousin at the end of February!! I'm so excited that my little sister is having her second baby, they will be 22 months apart. I can't wait for another niece/nephew.

11. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: yes on the hardwood floors we have either tiles or hardwood on all floors so the pee at random places hasn't been as bad. And yay for another cousin for Isaac.

We had quite a freak night today with B being up at 4:45am to pee, back to bed and after that he was up at his usual 6am but he didn't get up and come over as he usually does but called for DH who then just brought him over and he crashed in our bed and we actually had to wake him at a little after 8am because he has to be in daycare before 9am. Now since there was no racket going on little lady also slept longer. So I don't even remember the last time I got to sleep until 8am.

12. Smurfette

@ALV91711: yeah you wI'll have to cut the milk once you potty train so might as well do it now. Congrats on a new niece/nephew!

13. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: um 8am, heaven!

14. Adira

@ALV91711: Congrats on the new niece/nephew! So exciting!! I imagine that Isaac and them will be pretty close. Xander and Logan have the same age-gap.

@Pumuckl: Woohoo for some good sleep!!

15. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Pumuckl: 8am sounds heavenly!

@ALV91711: How exciting for your family!

16. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: I wish our house would sleep until 8, that would be heaven.

@Adira: The only downside is my sister lives about a 15 hour drive away, so we only see them a couple times a year. But him and his cousin love each other lots. I already told DH next year we are going for Christmas, we usually don't go home for the holidays since it is so expensive to fly.

Twice this week DH has gotten up with Isaac without me asking/saying anything. It has been so nice to get an extra hour of sleep on a work day.

17. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: hahaha, I wish our's did on a regular basis. We had some terrible nights in exchange for that good one. But those weren't mainly B's fault - it's his sister trying to master crawling. But B's sleep is a lot better lately as he is only sometimes up at around 6am usually it's 7ish when he wakes up. I do miss his 7pm bedtime though
    But longer sleep in the morning is way better than the additional 1h-1.5h that we need in the evening.

I felt like a really crappy mom today as he caught some cold and was feeling okay and didn't have a fever but he was coughing and had a runny nose and we still sent him to daycare. But all my team at work is on vacation and so I really had to work and couldn't keep him home.

18. Adira

@Pumuckl: Don't feel bad. We send our kids to daycare when they have a cough/runny nose. As long as there's no fever and he seems to be feeling okay, he goes!

19. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: I wouldn't feel bad about sending him to daycare. If we kept Isaac home every time he had a cough &/ runny nose he'd never go to daycare! Summer has been better but winter was brutal. I think as long as they aren't feeling too miserable then they need to go.

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: @ALV91711: Ah thanks girls, I just felt bad because he usually is all excited to go and yesterday he wasn't so much and he hardly ate which is always a sure tell sign he isn't feeling too well. He did fine though and come lunch he was back to eating normal portions again.

21. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Hi guys! I've been MIA because I was working nearly full time again, and then we bought a house and moved...
    I've scaled back my work week again, so I'm just doing 2 days/week in private practice (I'm a therapist). And now we are TTC again, too....so here I am!
    Will try to catch up with you all shortly!

22. Adira

@Silva: Good to hear from you again! So exciting about the new house and working. Good luck with TTC!

23. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Adira: it's been great, we were in a tiny two bedroom apartment. Now we are in a 2200 sq ft 3 bedroom on an acre of land! We are in heaven!
    It's not our forever house, but we are staying for probably another 6 years or so, and have lots of projects to do in the meantime. It's a mid-late 1800s farmhouse, so lots of character (and sloping floors).
    And I also am really enjoying private practice.

We are on month two of TTC. I'm sort of anticipating that it will be harder this time. I was diagnosed with celiac disease in December, and it seems like whenever I accidentally eat gluten (I'm very sensitive right now, so that could mean a crumb) in addition to my other symptoms my cycle gets all screwed up. If we don't have luck this month I'm probably going to have to put a ban on eating out, as that is where most of my problems occur.

24. Adira

@Silva: Oh nice! The new house sounds like a great improvement, especially for a family! Although bummer about the sloped floors.

Sorry to hear about your celiac disease. How stressful. I hope you have good luck with TTC anyway and get your BFP soon.

25. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Adira: thanks, how have you guys been! I see your boys on Instagram, can't believe how big they are!!! Do they get along?

26. Adira

@Silva: We've been good! And yes!! The boys get along great!! Although they can annoy each other already, haha. Xander likes his personal space, so if Logan is too close to him and grabbing at him, Xander gets annoyed. And sometimes Xander can be LOUD and in Logan's face and Logan gets startled or scared and will cry. But in general, they seem to get along really well. Logan loves watching Xander and whatever he's doing and Xander always seems happy to see Logan and "hang out" with him (be in the same room with him). And every so often, they'll actually play together. Xander will do something that makes Logan laugh and then he'll just keep doing it and I'll just hear them laughing together.

27. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: That is good that he was feeling better by lunch.

@Silva: Wow, lots of changes. Congrats on the house. Having all that space must be so nice. Good luck with TTC, I hope it doesn't take too long.

Someone woke up at 4:30 today, yuck. We brought him in our bed and he lasted about 45 min before he declared he was hungry.

28. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Adira: that's awesome! It must be so sweet to see them together!
    @ALV91711: ugh, I'm sorry. when t wakes up super early like that we have like a 25% rate of actually getting her back to sleep. It sucks.

29. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Silva: Hey, great to have you back! We also moved from our apartment to a house and it's so great. If you have any Celiac questions let me know I'm 32 years old and have been diagnosed for nearly 31 years so I know my way around

@ALV91711: Ugh, I hate those early wake ups. Its gotten better here since we pushed bedtime back but for the last three nights J woke up at around 3am and then partied hard for an hour *boooooo*

30. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: yeah don't feel bad at all! LO has had a cold for almost a week now and we have taken her every day.
    @ALV91711: Congrats on the new house, practice and good luck TTC!

Ha, Her teacher told me yesterday that they had to separate her and her boyfriend yesterday cause they were only playing with themselves, had to eat together, hand holding a lot, etc. I really wish I could watch her all day and see how she is there.

I think she had a growth spurt, all her 2T's are getting too short on her.

31. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Pumuckl: No reason to feel badly! We also send Pete to school with cold symptoms all the time. Hope he's feeling better today and you were able to get your work done!

@Silva: Welcome back and congrats on the move and private practice! We moved from an apartment to a house last year and it's been so amazing to have more space. Good luck TTC! It must be so tricky dealing with Celiac's. Hope you get a BFP soon!

@Smurfette: Sounds like love!

We spent the weekend at the in-law's beach house and Pete was way too distracted to use the potty, despite tons of reminders from everyone. Lots of accidents resulted in me putting him back in diapers for Sunday. Now that we're home and back in the routine, he has a perfect potty record again. I guess it's going to take a while before he's ready to consistently use the potty outside of home and school.

32. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@QueensBee: Glad Pete is back to potty trained.

@Smurfette: Sounds adorable. B also has a girlfriend at daycare. They sleep in cribs/beds next to each other and keep themselves awake by playing instead of napping Not sure if they seperated them now that they moved rooms - I think she is still on vacation anyway.

We have lots of ups and downs with the potty over here. Sometimes he is basically completely dry all day and other days he just doesn't care at all. Now that he has that bad cold he's not really paying any attention and only goes in his diapers.

Little sis had a HORRIBLE night because she caught B's cold and was miserable. She screamed hysterically until I let her sleep on me in the living room. So it was 2x2h of sleep for me - man am I tired. B wasn't phased at all by the screaming. He slept right through all of it. Oh and it was the first night of solo parenting in a while. Isn't it "funny" how timing works out?

33. Adira

@QueensBee: I think that sounds normal. I remember when my friend's daughter was potty training, she was pretty good at home, but out and about, she never wanted to miss out on any fun, so she had a ton of accidents. It just takes a while to be fully trained, I think!

@Pumuckl: Ugh, sorry to hear the baby is sick and you got no sleep! That sounds so rough! I hope you're able to catch a nap or something.

So Xander's best friend at daycare is leaving. Her mom got laid off, so she can't keep her in daycare, of course. I feel so bad for her! I also feel bad for Xander; the two of them have been together since the infant room and are so close! I hope we're able to organize some play dates so the two can stay in touch.

34. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: booo on his best friend leaving. Playdates sound good though. That was seriously the part I struggled most with when we moved because he had so many amazing friends in his old daycare but he just moved on and now loves his new classmates.

35. Smurfette

@QueensBee: kids are so frustrating! Glad he is doing better again!

@Pumuckl: aww that sounds adorable. Well besides the not napping part. I swear they know we are solo and act worse. DH probably thinks I make up stuff but she is way worse when it is just me then when he is home. He has been home this whole month and I am not looking forward to Monday and she realizes Daddy is gone.

@Adira: Boo! Hope you can do play dates. Or the Mom finds a job soon and she will be back.

36. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: Yeah, the daycare teachers got creative and have hung up blankets to keep them from kepping eachother awake. B is often the opposite, he'll be better behaved when we're alone but you know with him. He is so attached to his dad and was really sad yesterday when he noticed he was gone in the morning but then was absolutely fine. Well until we. Facetimed and were getting ready to hang up and he flipped out crying luckily he was easily distracted but man it does break my heart.

37. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Two mornings of 4:30 wake ups, I'm pooped. (or is it 3 now, I'm can't even remember).

@Smurfette: So cute that she has a boyfriend. I have a peanut, we are in 18 month pants and some are too big!

@QueensBee: Glad potty training got back on track once you were home.

I sometimes feel like these kids are going to be in diapers forever! Even though I know they won't be.

@Pumuckl: I hope you were able to catch a nap today.

@Adira: I hope you'll get to have some play dates. It is sad when kids leave.

38. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: oh no not another crappy night! Hope it'll get better soon. I did get to take a short nap yesterday and after another awful night was able to sleep in today because DH took care of B. 👍

But I have also caught their cold and man I have had better days.

@Smurfette: We've moved out of 3T to 4T over here and even have some 5T t-shirts that fit. He's just crazy tall and is rocking quite the buddah belly.

39. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: How did tonight go? I hope you got some good sleep! Our's was a lot better.

40. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: He is sick and slept terribly last night. He didn't wake up too early but I don't even know how many times he woke up. We are going to stay home today and rest.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee