Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Summer 2012 Due Date Thread

1. HabesBabe

grapefruit / 4400 posts

@banana: it might happen! Hubs' bday is 4th of July, too! And there's a full moon on the 3rd...

2. crunch

cherry / 186 posts

Hello summer mamas, just want to go out of lurking for a bit and let you all know what a great help you guys have been by sharing your stories & experiences!
    I'm due, 8/10 and am team blue. hope everyone is staying cool in this awful heat!

3. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@purkple: Yay for team blue! Boys are a blast!! Come out of lurking and join us!

4. HabesBabe

grapefruit / 4400 posts

TODAY IS MY LAST DAY OF WORK AND IT IS DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGINGGGGGG.

Ugh.

5. mrs. wagon

blogger / watermelon / 14218 posts

Just a little update from me!

I had my weekly OB appt today, along with an ultrasound, where we got to see Lil Miss Wagon's face, hehe! She's measuring at 7 lb 8 oz, which is a little larger than I wanted to see at this point in time (almost 37 weeks) but I'm glad everything looks good. Then I went to see my OB and she did a cervical check, and said "you're two!" That was such a shock to hear because all I ever heard during all my checks with my first pregnancy was "nope, still closed". With Wagon Jr. my cervix stayed firmly closed at every appointment, the last being on Monday and I went into labor on Wednesday morning. At my last appointment at almost 35 weeks, it was closed, and today I'm 2 cm dilated!

I know it doesn't mean the baby's going to be born soon, but I've also been getting all of these weird signs and symptoms. I had indigestion yesterday and today, which I haven't experienced this entire pregnancy. Plus Lil Miss Wagon is SUPER low (at the last 2 checks the doc said her head is RIGHT there) and I've been having SO much pain. I even stayed home from work today.

Plus, most of my Braxton Hicks contractions have been towards the top of my belly, but yesterday and today I have been having some on the underside of my belly, and they feel just like menstrual cramps. Since my appointment at 4pm I've had at least 3 or 4 of them.

I wish wish wish this would mean I would go into labor tonight!! I didn't want her to come early, but for some reason today I feel really, really ready to meet my daughter.

6. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@purkle: Welcome!!
    @mrs. wagon: That sounds really promising!! Fingers crossed that you go into labor soon.
    @HabesBabe: Yea, last day of work!!!

7. littlek

@chrispygal: I'm SO excited for you!!!

8. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@mrs. wagon: Sounds like she'll be here soon!!! Crossing my fingers for you! I know what you mean though. I'm not quite ready for little girl to join us yet but I can't wait to meet her.

9. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@mrs. wagon: sounds really promising. I had indigestion the week before I went into labor. I wasn't dilated but M was right.down.there as well. I hope baby girl wagon comes soon!!

10. mrs. wagon

Just a little update.. still having indigestion/diarrhea every day, more braxton hicks very sporadically, and I just had my first real bloody discharge. eee!!! I know this still could mean nothing but I just so wish it meant she'd come today. As soon as I woke up this morning I stripped our bed (two comforters and six pillows worth!) and I'm doing a huge load of laundry right now... nesting anyone?!??

11. chrispygal

persimmon / 1205 posts

@mrs. wagon: OMG, was that your bloody show?? I hope she comes today too - then we'd still be date twins. I am nesting something fierce, 3 hours before I have to leave for the hospital. I too, stripped the bed, put on fresh sheets, and am making sure the house is spotless before we leave. The nervous energy helps too.

12. mrs. wagon

@chrispygal: SWEEEET!!! At least we are bed-making twins today I cannot believe your day IS HERE!!! AHHH!!! I am so so so excited for you!!!!!!

I have no idea if it was my bloody show. It was just a little bit of blood, mixed in with a big amount of pretty solid discharge (TMI). I never had bloody show or lost my mucus plug with my first, so I have no idea what I'm looking for! I feel like I'm cramping now but I'm probably imagining it.....

13. mrs. wagon

@chrispygal: ok after googling and reading old HB threads about mucous plugs and bloody shows, I'm thinking that may have been my mucous plug?!?!? Again, it looks like people lost their mucous plugs days or even weeks before going into labor... but I'm going to go take a long shower just in case!! haha!!

14. chrispygal

persimmon / 1205 posts

@mrs. wagon: I think it sounds like your plug! I know it can still be a few days but it sounds like you may be on your way!!! How exciting!!! Good luck!!

15. mrs. wagon

@chrispygal: you too!!! FINGERS CROSSED that we are delivery date twins can't wait to hear your BIRTH STORY!!!

16. mrs. wagon

@chrispygal: p.s. I totally forgot that you are in Boston too! and having a girl too..!!! Where are you delivering?? We'll be at Brigham and Women's!

17. Shimmer

kiwi / 553 posts

@mrs. wagon: Oooh I hope this is it for you!

@chrispygal: Yay! Congrats on it being your day and I hope everything goes well!

Well, ladies, I'm officially after the date that my midwives told me was the earliest safe time to deliver the babies so now it's just a waiting game! I still have a ton of BHs, but nothing else has really changed except that I'm getting bigger and they boys' movements are getting stronger!

I've started washing all their clothes and blankets within the last 2 days (nesting, anyone?). My midwives think I could make it all the way to 38 weeks though (the 2nd/3rd week of August!!), so who knows what's going to happen!

18. mrs. wagon

@Shimmer: you are doing such a great job growing those boys big and strong in there...!!! Oh my!!! good luck with the nesting (such a powerful instinct, eh??) and stay strong!!!

19. chrispygal

persimmon / 1205 posts

@mrs. wagon: I am in the southeastern part of the State and we are actually delivering at Women and Infants hospital in Providence. Eeek!

@Shimmer: Thanks! And god bless you. I can't imagine how tough it must be being pregnant with twins! I'm glad they are growing and you have made it farther than expected. I hope the rest of your time is as comfortable as possible!

20. mrs. wagon

@chrispygal: That's right, I remember you saying Women and Infants and I looked it up to see it's in Providence We are south as well, but only about 20 mins from Brigham and Women's without traffic.

I can't believe you are heading to the hospital in just a bit!!!

21. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@chrispygal: Eek good luck today!!!

22. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@chrispygal: I'm a total thread stalker - I live 10 minutes from women & infants! they are fantastic, good luck today! cannot wait to hear your birth story (I'm delivering there too!)

23. chrispygal

persimmon / 1205 posts

@FutureMrsMcK: Thanks!!

@sorrycharlie: We must be neighbors! We are only about 15 minutes away.

I am so hungry, thirsty and anxious. Afternoon c-sections are no good. lol. An hour and 15 minutes till we leave. House is clean and I am pacing. lol

24. sorrycharlie

@chrispygal: I live in Cumberland - but right on the Attleboro line (near BJs). Providence place is *right* near the hospital, you could leave an hour early and buy a fun little outfit or something to distract yourself!

25. chrispygal

persimmon / 1205 posts

@sorrycharlie: haha, I live in South Attleboro, near the Cumberland line. I'm over near the middle school. What a small world!!!

26. littlek

@chrispygal: good luck!!!! Soooo excited for you to meet your LO!!

27. littlek

@Shimmer: congrats on meeting your safe date!

28. littlek

@mrs. wagon: aghhhh so exciting! We can have 2 new summer babies by this weekend!

29. mrs. wagon

ok, definitely just lost more of my mucous plug!

30. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@chrispygal: OMG good luck!!!!!!! Keep us posted!

@shimmer: Yay for meeting your safe date! Now it's just a waiting game. How exciting!

@mrs.wagon: OMG, you lost your mucus plug!!! EEEEK!! I lost my mucus plug a day before I went into labor. So it could totally be any day now!!!!!

31. mrs. wagon

@banana: I hope so!!!! I've been crampy all day but I can't tell when the cramps start and stop unless I'm standing up. So I don't think things are really starting.... yet...??? So anxious

32. mediagirl

@mrs. wagon: OH MY GOD! I am so excited for you!! You have been feeling crampy all day? That's what I felt like before I went into labor. I lost my plug that day, too!! Yay for baby girl Wagon!!!

33. chrispygal

persimmon / 1205 posts

Just popping in to see how Mrs. Wagon has made out!!

Everything went smoothly for us and our little (ok big) girl is doing great. She weighed in at 8lbs 12oz and has tons of thick dark hair. I may be biased, but she is adorable!! I can't sleep for
    the life of me, but she's a champ. We are so blessed with our little Abigail Elizabeth. It is the most amazing feeling!

34. mediagirl

@chrispygal: congratulations!! What a beautiful name! I don't think it's possible to sleep that first night. Enjoy every second with her.

35. littlek

@chrispygal: congratulations!! Beautiful name!

36. crunch

cherry / 186 posts

thanks for the warm welcome and congrats @chrispygal!!

37. HabesBabe

grapefruit / 4400 posts

@chrispygal: CONGRATS! that is a big baby!! you need to post pics ASAP

Annnnnnnnd today is my due date and there are no signs of anything happening. WAH.

38. sorrycharlie

@chrispygal: congratulations!!

39. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@chrispygal: Congratulations mama! I love her name, and can't wait to see pictures!

40. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@chrispygal: Yay! Congrats!! What a gorgeous name for your little girl! Can't wait to see pics!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee