My DH just sprung on me last night that he has been wanting to somehow incorporate his brother’s name into our second daughter’s name (due in a few weeks). He said his brother has always been his hero and he wants to honor him and he knows this will be our last child. His brother is older and doesn’t have any kids.

His brother’s name is Gabe (Gabriel). Well, we’ve already chosen the name Reese Adeline (Adeline was my grandma’s name). So, he wants her name to be Reese Adeline Gabrielle. Our last name is 6 letters starting with a B. So, that makes her name 26 letters total. Hmmm.

I already told him that yes, we can do that. But now I’m having some big second thoughts. What would you do? Maybe just drop the Adeline? I know his brother means more to him than my grandma’s name does to me (she passed when I was 9 and I didn’t know her very well). Our first daughter is Quinn Evelyn (Evelyn was his grandma’s name).

I don’t want to hurt my husband’s feeling but I also don’t want to burden my daughter with a ridiculously long name. Help!!