Ok 3 random questions on how you handle Christmas gifts at your house when you have multiple kids.

1) We are a family that passes out gifts and then one person opens their gifts at a time. We always go youngest to oldest. In DH's family, it was always a free for all. They would just start handing out gifts and as soon as you got one you opened it. I always felt like this is too chaotic and you don't see what other get. Or maybe I just like seeing the faces when they open it.

2) If you are like me above and one person opens at at time, if you are giving the same gift to multiple kids, do you have them open the gift at the same time or do you still just have each kid open up their gifts and then move on to the next one? I have memories of going to my grandparents house for Christmas and they would get me and like 5 of my cousins the same shirt but different colors and we'd all have to open at the same time.

3) Lastly, my boys are 8 and 5.5. The 8 yo is starting to ask for things that are more expensive. I like to spend the same amount of each. Unfortunately, this might mean that it would appear that the older one gets less presents bc I bought him a $100 Lego set and I can buy 5 $20 items for his brother. I've started to talk to DS1 about how he's asking for more expensive things to set the stage and normally he would get it but in his mind, the elves make all of the presents so money doesn't matter. So we've gone down the road of Santa needing to pay the elves for their work... Any other suggestions? No I'm not ready to have the "Santa isn't real" conversation yet.