Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

30 Day Shredders!

1. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

I've been using 5 lb weights, but there some moves that I need to go down to 3 lbers

2. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

Subscribing because I need to be held accountable.

Did it off an on before I got pregnant, but never straight through. Looked at myself naked in the mirror last night and almost cried. My jeans still don't fit and I'm gross and doughy all over.

Tried L1/D1 today, but only managed to get halfway through it. Couldn't find my weights and E decided he didn't want to stay napping, didn't want to be in the jumper/bouncer/exersaucer (i.e. hysterically screaming). I thought he might be happier out loose playing on the floor near me, but he wouldn't stop crying unless I was actively paying attention to him, lol. I did use him for a bit during squats in lieu of weights, and every time I did a push-up I'd kiss him on the nose.

But even that half made me hurt. My back and knees were screaming at me. Maybe I should start with something a little lower impact and work up to this? Bah.

3. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I did Day 3 Level 1 yesterday!! woo hoo!! Although, I am going to skip today. I feel great, and I'm really not that sore anymore, but I have something I have to do right after work and I just wont have time at all tonight

I have been using 3 lb weights, although I have zero upper body strength and I have to put the weights down sometimes

4. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

Day 3 level 1 yesterday DONE. I moved up to 8 pound weights. I'm still doing the modified easy activity when it comes to abs. I'm hoping to move up to the advanced today.

5. littlek

Finished day 4, week 1. I think I'm only going to do it 5 days and run on the weekends.

6. littlek

I officially fit in my pre pregnancy jeans!! It took WAY too long, but I blame work on that.

7. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@littlek: Woohoo that's an awesome milestone!

I've been shredding every other day (running on the others). How's everyone doing??

8. littlek

Week 2 day 1... done...

FYI - Jillian is not my friend...

9. Weagle

coconut / 8498 posts

I've fallen off the wagon... Hard. Eek! We've had a friend staying with us since Thursday, so I haven't done anything since then. Hoping that I'll still be able to do week 2 when I pick it back up tonight.

10. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

I did L2 for the 1st time Sunday and am still sore! Going to go again today if LO co-operates!

I weighed myself last week and am same weight as 6w pp, totally discouraging.

11. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

I missed two days this week, but we leave for vacation on Friday, so I need to finish strong. I do feel that I'm more toned, especially my upper body and abs. In fortunately, baby bloat is starting to kick in at 6w 4d, so my tummy is far from flat.

12. littlek

@Beebug: Do you feel more toned though? I haven't seen much weight change but my clothes fit loser and I feel better about myself.

13. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@littlek: No, I honestly feel like I have a bigger tummy now. It doesn't make any sense! I feel like I am working decently hard! DH says he noticed my arms are more toned, but I'm not yet noticing better tone or fit, still have a dirty muffin top, lol.

14. littlek

Last night was Week 2 Day 3. How is everyone else doing?? Do you dislike Jillian? She is not my BFF. Oh and I hate mountain climbers with a passion.

15. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

Anyone still shredding? I started back tonight. Kicked my ass! I tried to do level 2 since I have been slacking for like 2 weeks & that was a no go. What the hell is a walking push up? I can't even do a normal push-up let alone a walking one! Right back to level 1 I went!

16. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

I'm totally missing being a part of this thread!!! but I just rented the DVD from the library. I need to buy it! I'm in total denial about my stomach though. It's hard knowing that I'll never be in a bikini again because of the sheer amount of stretch marks I got - so I tell myself it's not even worth it to lose anymore weight or tone up... even though I want to. my body is just so depressing and I struggle with hating myself so badly now. I am not a vain person but it's hard to go 22 years actually liking your body, like being happy with it and then having it just gone. you know?

17. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I know how you feel I was in such good shape before pregnancy & now, I feel like my body is just blah. We have to remember that we are our worst critics & we see & notice things that no one else does/will. I bet if you did the workout & started seeing results, you'd be so stoked! I have stretch marks too, but this summer, I'm putting on my bikini & I'm letting my stretch marks say hello to the world. We have to remind ourselves that We sacrificed our bodies for our babies it was all worth it! We can be hot moms! Lol

18. Mrs. Pen

@MarieJ: I definitely have A LOT of respect for my body and what it went through to bring life into this world- that's an amazing feat!

I guess what's SO depressing is that I know not ALL moms get stretch marks and go through the same thing, you know? My stomach is literally covered from hip to hip, from my pubis to above my belly button! they're bad. So it's not something that "only I notice" it's pretty obvious. So yeah - no bikini for me! haha. I lost all the baby weight a lot time ago but I'd love to lost another 10-15 lbs. I don't have to - I'm a healthy weight now - but it'd be nice to. Or at least tone up. I'd LOVE to get a personal trainer for a couple months and work on toning, but sadly it's not something we can afford right now.

19. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@Mrs. Pen: oh ok, I get it now. Toning up is good too...that's the main thing I'd like to accomplish. Isn't it weird how pregnancy changes everything? My shape is so different now & so to fit my pre-preg clothes how I would like, I'd need to be at least 5-10 lbs under my pre-preg weight. That's so crazy to me.

20. Mrs. Pen

@MarieJ: yeah it was the same here! I lost an additional 5 lbs and that allowed me to fit into my regular size. Only took about 10 months even though I lost the baby weight by 6 months!!
    I want to tone up though just cause it would help my clothes fit a lot better!

21. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Has anyone else experienced insane pain through their abs after completing Level two? I loved the workout, but I honestly don't think I should do it again for a while. I love being post-workout sore, but this was legit pain (especially through lower abs) that I have never felt before and it definitely didn't feel "right". I worked out, was what I thought was workout sore one and two days after, then one day three when I got to do it again, it was a sore that wasn't workout sore, it doesn't feel right.....

Wondering if it's post-preg belly out of shapeness beyond normal out of shapeness? I feel like I should be careful! Those walk out push ups were k-i-l-l-e-r.

22. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@MarieJ: I am still here:). I have been doing it about 4-5x a wk, depending on H's nap length. I've been doing level 2 about a week or so and I have definitely felt stronger in abs since starting it but it really sucked the first couple of times.

@Mrs. Pen: I always read on here that stretch marks fade...Do you think yours may since you're still less than a year PP? I am sorry they make you feel awful:(

23. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@PrincessBaby: can you do the walking push-ups? I can't even do a regular push-up so level 2 will not be my friend for sure! How much weight have you lost if you don't mind me asking?

ETA: your hubby comes home tomorrow I know you're excited!

24. littlek

I'm on week 3 day 3 of the shred!

25. littlek

I haven't noticed weight loss but I'm definitely toning up and my clothes are fitting better. I need to work on my diet next. Work has been awful so im hoping with my new job I will be less stressed.

26. Mrs. Pen

@PrincessBaby: they have faded a little bit in that they're not flaming red or deep pupe, they're more whitish. But I think that's the best I'm gonna get.

27. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@MarieJ: I only weigh on Sundays so this past Sunday I had lost 8lbs. So I've got just a couple of lbs to get to my prepreg weight and I'm hoping to lose a few more. I'd like to lose 7 more lbs total. I've been eating paleo also and I think that really helps. I really feel confident that if I keep that up, that I'll be at my goal weight in a few weeks or so.

Yes! DH comes home tomorrow and I'm pretty excited to show him my results! I haven't told him that I've lost any weight at all;). I've just never mentioned it...He bought me new jeans for Xmas in my prepreg size (I had asked for them as incentive) and I am going to wear them tomorrow to pick him up (with a new top and some sexy new mega high heels!)...I'm still not where I want o be but I feel like I'm getting there and that I WILL get there soon enough! I am also getting my hair colored and cut tomorrow and a mani/pedi, so hopefully by this time tomorrow, I will have exited Frumpville!!!

Oh yeah, it is understood that tomorrow night is first night of PP lovin', lol;). I'm excited to get all dolled up for him!

28. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@littlek: great job! I hope I'm as persistent with it as you are!

29. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I don't know how you feel about trying creams but I saw this product on the Mama Mio site:
    http://www.mamamio.com/us/body/goodbye-stretch-marks.html

I used their products my whole pregnancy and I truly believe they work:) I actually just ordered this from them and I can't wait for it to come in:
    http://www.mamamio.com/us/pregnancy/get-your-body-back/get-waisted-body-shaper.html

30. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@littlek: You've done it continuously? Wow! That is awesome!!!

31. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@PrincessBaby: yay! I hope your date night loving is AMAZING!
    I wore a pair of size 5 pre-preg jeans today. Felt so good!

32. littlek

@MarieJ: thanks! DH works out at the same time so it's nice to have workout buddy.. He renames the exercises so its pretty entertaining...

@PrincessBaby: I do 6 times a week and run on weekends. That is great your hubby is coming home! I'm sure he will be more than impressed with your weight loss you've been very dedicated. :).

33. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

It's not doing 30DS but I am on week 1 day 3 of Ripped in 30 which so far I love! I've done 30DS and I so far prefer Ripped in 30.

Each exercise (strength, cardio, and abs) is only 30 seconds as opposed to 1 full minute. She also has 4 total workouts instead of 3. It feels like more bang for your buck and less days doing each workout (1-4) by the end of the month.

I will say the previews for weeks 2-4 look hard so I might change my opinion in a few weeks

I am going to post here to help keep me on track because it's a Jillian Michaels DVD and I love her!!

34. Springtime

pomegranate / 3204 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I feel that way too like what's the point here! I bought the DVD and everything and haven't done it once! I'm horrible but I feel like I'm never going to get to where I want to be. My stretchies are awful too, they have faded but definitely noticeable and my stomach is saggy, I don't even think it will ever go away.

35. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Thread revival, I need help/motivation.

I stopped 30ds as it got really hard on my knees and the ab stuff in level 2 hurt in a bad way, but I'm not running as much as I should and maybe need to get back at this, how is everyone else doing?

36. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

I'm back on the 30DS. On day 6/L1. Moving to level 2 Monday, *I think*. I'm hoping to do it every day for the whole month and I'm also running 3 days a week. After just a week, I feel stronger but I'm still sore!

37. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Beebug: @HLK208: I'm in! I'm doing it every other day so I gurss it will be like the 60 day shred? Anyway pregnancy was not kind to my joints so I need to ease in gradually but I NEED to get thon for spring Day 4 level 1 tomorrow!

38. sunshineandsushi

persimmon / 1165 posts

I am needing motivaton to stick to 30DS! I did it twice a few weeks ago ... and not since. I'm only 7 pounds away from pre-preg weight, but my tummy is so darn flabby! I can button my pants, but not without some massive muffin top. I really don't want to buy new clothes in a larger size before going back to work in a few weeks.

How is everyone finding the motivation to stick to it?

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee