Someone talk to me about sleep training. This is my 3rd child and I didn’t really have to consider this for the first two.

DS3 will be 5 months old on Wednesday. Prior to 4 months he was STTN and his naps were pretty good. Mostly around 30 minutes and one big nap (1-2 hours) in the afternoon. Since the 4 month sleep regression his naps are never longer than 25-30 minutes and it’s obvious he’s still tired. As soon as I pick him up he’ll fall back asleep but the second I put him back down his eyes pop back open.

At night he goes to bed between 7:30-8 then he’s usually up every hour on the hour until 11 or so, then I’ll feed him and he usually sleeps until 4am, I’ll feed him again and he sleeps until 6:30.

The nighttime schedule isn’t awful and I don’t kind a MOTN feed if he needs it, but it’s very obvious to me that he can’t self soothe back to sleep. Especially for naps. So, is 5 months too young to sleep train? I use white noise and he’s still swaddled. I know I need to cut the swaddle out too. How do I do this? I don’t want it to escalate to the point that I can never put him down at night.