Our guy is a champ at night in his rock n play (4-5 hours, followed by a couple 2-3 hour stretches) but is NOT a fan of daytime naps. I nurse him to sleep in his darkened nursery with the sound machine on and then lay him down. He will usually sleep for 10-20 minutes and then right back up and crying. Occasionally he will sleep for an hour. I've tried a swaddleme, Aden and anais swaddle blanket, no swaddle and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I try to bring him in the nursery for a nap once he's been up for 1-1.5 hours.
Im also nursing on demand and he likes to eat at least once at hour, if not more. My friends say that their babies go 2-3 hours during the day between feelings. I go to a breastfeeding group and he has gained about a pound per week (he weighed 11 pounds last week) They also weigh them before and after nursing and he always weighs about 4 oz more after so I know he's getting enough.
I'm not sure if it's too early for a flexible routine, but I'm getting anxious about him starting daycare in 6 weeks bc I don't want him to be overtired from not napping and I'm not sure how they will handle the frequent eating. I don't want them over-feeding him and/or wasting my breastmilk! Any advice?