Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Amazon Prime Day 2018

1. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

DH to is really hoping to get a mesh wifi network for our new house. And possibly a new vacuum.

I'm not looking for anything specific, but plan to keep an eye on toys/games, books, and general household things.

2. imadreamer

cherry / 108 posts

@Mamaof2 and @Mrs D - thanks for the heads up!

I hope the new chicco booster I've been eyeing goes on sale!

3. MACSUNSHINE

apricot / 284 posts

@catgirl any idea which one he is looking for? We need to get one for our house and I am deep into researching the options and similarly hoping for one on prime day. Thanks!

4. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

5. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MACSUNSHINE: @catgirl: we have the Google one and I love it. It works great, is super easy to reset and has a seperate guest network which is nice for visitors

6. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to know the deals in advance? Are there any shopping strategies?

7. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@agold: You can search "sneak peek" in the app now and look in the upcoming deals page when time gets closer. They won't tell you how much it is until the deal is active, though. If there are specific things you are looking for, add them to your shopping list and you should get notifications if there is a deal.

8. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Ms. RV: That's a great tip about adding to the shopping list. I saw someone upthread mention getting a scooter and kitchen aide mixer things. I want that stuff too and didn't know how to find the deal on it.

9. Hypatia

kiwi / 500 posts

You can get $5 off a book sold for $15 or more with the code primeday18. The book must be sold directly from Amazon (not a third party).

I just bought an illustrated copy of Wizard of Oz to read to my four year old. We visit the Land of Oz every fall (it’s a 1970s theme park that opens up for two weekends every year) and I’d like for her to be exposed to the book as well as film.

10. LadyDi

persimmon / 1379 posts

Did Prime Day crash Amazon?

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@LadyDi: I'm also just getting an error. Which is slightly weird as I've never had an issue in past years

12. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

I'm having the same issue and came here to see if anyone else was having problems with Amazon!

13. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

Same here!

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

It's currently crashed but not for everyone apparently. Hopefully it's back up soon

15. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

Same!

16. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Just tried to quickly buy the instapot and the app crashed and now it's gone. Wah-wah.

17. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Planet Boxes 25% off, and LunchBots 15% off (lunch bots on Amazon, Planetboxes on their website)

18. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

crashed out for me too. lame.

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@YogiRunner: last year it came back a couple times. I ended up buying the 8qt because that's what I could grab

20. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Update: If you go right to the category you can see some items! Like I went right to toys and can see them. I could also see the Graco items.

21. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@psw27: only some of them. I can't get into most categories at all

22. Caly

nectarine / 2765 posts

ugh. it crashed for me, too

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MamaBear87: Yup, you're right. It worked like 2 times. Ugh. Not cool. About ready to forget about it.

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@psw27: we really only needed a new echo dot which I bought this morning because it was already on sale so I guess the crash just saves me money 😂

25. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MamaBear87: Seriously. I was really only planning on browse-shopping. I don't need anything that I can think of... so maybe its a blessing in disguise!

26. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@psw27: it's crazy that it's been down in a widespread manner for 45 min now though!

27. MACSUNSHINE

apricot / 284 posts

@catgirl the three pack of the one your husband wants is part of prime day and there is a coupon to apply on top. I just ordered, thank you!

28. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

@MACSUNSHINE: thanks! He's looking at it right now. It's actually a different model but for the price he is definitely considering it!

29. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@MamaBear87: Thank you! Good to know.

I ended up getting a diaper bag on my watch list but I think I'm now sick of the game. I have better stuff to do before the kiddo wakes up!

30. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I think I get the do zero windows shopping today. Supposedly it's back up but I can't get anything to load 😭

31. MACSUNSHINE

apricot / 284 posts

@catgirl let me know if he thinks it is garbage, I am in over my head once we get to the model differences ;).

32. Mommy Finger

pomegranate / 3272 posts

Has anyone been able to buy anything? I can see things and add them to my cart but when I go to checkout, they disappear.

33. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mommy Finger: it's still super glitchy for me. I can mostly only see things that aren't live for deals yet

34. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I bought a Graco extend2fit car seat for $120 and 23andme for $100 at 4pm EST. I had to search directly for those items, vs. browsing.

35. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Anyone see any good diaper deals?

36. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

All I got so far was a children's book "the Dot". I keep losing my watchlist of stuff. The website is definitely glitchy.

37. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

I ordered some PJs for under $8 per set for the girls. Matching PJs for Christmas done, haha.

38. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Two things I actually need (my favorite anti-tip and a crib mattress) I was able to snag.

39. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

smile.amazon.com is working and amazon will donate to the charity of your choice

I’m eyeing a graco booster car seat that’s half off

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@MommySLP: Seventh Generation diapers were 40% off.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee