Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Amazon Prime Day 2018

1. Hypatia

kiwi / 500 posts

There’s a Celtic lap harp I’ve been wanting that’s $30 off today. Not a huge discount, but it was enough to make me pull the trigger.

I’m trying to decide whether to get a second Echo Dot. We don’t need it per se. Hm.

No deals yet on the micro maxi t-bar scooter.

2. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

I'm getting sooooo many error messages.

3. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

Just got a good deal on the booster seat I wanted. That was all I really wanted to accomplish.

4. imadreamer

cherry / 108 posts

I have had the worst luck. I just bought a book with the $5 off coupon.

This is def good for my wallet though!

5. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I have bought too many things... oops

6. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

@MACSUNSHINE: DH decided to go with the orbi rbk33 - one of the three packs. I think there are a few features he's bummed to give up but he thinks it will function just as well. I think the wifi speed is a little slower and it has less Ethernet ports than the rbk50. But with the speed of the Internet coming into our house it shouldn't make a difference anyway.

7. MACSUNSHINE

apricot / 285 posts

Thanks @catgirl!

8. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

Eh, I only found one small thing on Amazon. But I’m loving all the competing sales elsewhere!

Got my two favorite Tarte makeup items for over 50% off and free shipping on the Tarte website!

9. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I grabbed an Instant Pot this morning. DH says we don't need it, I feel like we do

I also grabbed expo dry erase markers for our teacher and some smarty pants vitamins and trash bags.

10. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Tell me why I need a Amazon device... echo, dot, etc...

11. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

I got 15% off an umbrella stroller I'd been eyeing. And the base price had also fallen a fair amount since I first put it on my wish list.

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@periwinklebee: Which umbrella stroller? I've been looking out for one...

13. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@MamaG: Me too, I don’t really understand them. We have two dots still in the package from Christmas a year and a half ago.

14. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@IRunForFun: Summer Infant 3d lite convenience stroller

15. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaG: I'm soooooo torn on if I need an Instant Pot. My sister loves hers, and I'm notorious for forgetting to pull meat out of the freezer before work.

I need to hurry up and decide!

And I've missed the one I wanted... Decision made

16. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@periwinklebee: That's the one I've been eyeing too! I added to my registry at $80, then it dropped and now extra 15% off, lowest I've ever seen. But my friends keep yelling at me to stop buying stuff and to leave it on my registry, but it's so hard to pass up the deals!!!!

17. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@MamaG: well no one really NEEDS one. We use ours to mainly play music or podcasts, it's linked to my prime, pandora, and I heart radio accounts. We make our shopping list on it, so anyone in the house can add things to the shopping list when we run out of something and I can check the list on the app at the store (which sounds like a minor feature, but has totally improved the I didn't know we were out of stuff problem). We have wi-fi outlets connected that turn on the lights, so my toddler can turn on the light by herself. We use them as an intercom between upstairs and downstairs. We also use it alot to set timers, alerts, and calendar reminders. There are tons of skills (alexa apps) that you can browse through to see what other types of things it does too.

18. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@periwinklebee: That's the one I'm thinking about...we have a Britax stroller but I'd love something smaller/lighter.

19. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@IRunForFun: Yeah, I was torn about whether we actually need it - as I love our jogger - but I think it will be great to have something more maneuverable/more compact for travel, and the discount sold me, hopefully I don't regret having yet another kid thing in the house

20. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@periwinklebee: totally worth it!! I have used ours so much for travel and sometimes just going places where I want to be able to fold it up or have a smaller footprint. We replaced our beat up 2012 umbrella with the 3D lite this year and I really like it. I take it whenever I think my 3yo might want to sit (or needs containment) but don’t really need the big stroller. But I’d buy it just for airplane Travel alone.

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@periwinklebee: Wellll we have a jogging stroller too. So this would bring our grand total to 3! 😂

22. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bhbee: Thank you - this is great to hear!

23. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: Haha same! A lot of my friends/family have them, but while I'm sure it's handy, I just don't think we need to be THAT automated yet...

We've had our IP for a few years now, LOVE it!

24. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

I grabbed an Instant Pot last year and have been super happy with the decision. I needed to replace the slow cooker we had anyway and used this to do so, along with the added features. I use it a few times a month so I'm not a die-hard but it's been well worth it. We also got a Fire tablet with the Free Time and kids case last year. It's been great for my LO. We replaced a much older iPad with it because it stopped being able to download or update apps and the iOS couldn't be updated further. I appreciate the kids features and all the free apps/games. DH and I almost never use it ourselves but we didn't use our iPad much recreationally either.

This year I only grabbed a Waterpik flosser that was pretty heavily discounted. Nothing else we need and no Prime deals on anything we've been watching.

25. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

I bought a Burley Bee and a Bell infant helmet. I’m pumped because that bike trailer was the one thing I was hoping for. It’s a lightning deal right now if anyone else is in the market for one!

26. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I bought 23andme for both me and DH for $99 each (usually $299). I'm super excited - I've been wanting to do it forever and the price made me pull the trigger!

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@skinnycow: I bought them last year for my husband and I. I was so excited... then they told me I don't have enough DNA in my spit... Twice.

My husband didn't even want one and his worked.

I'm not bitter about it

I did think about buying another one this year to see if it would work

28. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Sams Mom: Oh no! Did you at least get a refund?

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@skinnycow: yea, after the replacement kit failed too they gave me a refund on my Amazon account. I also had to fill out an acknowledgement that if I buy another kit I don't get a second kit or a refund.

30. imadreamer

cherry / 108 posts

I ended up getting a really good deal on some RX bars and Clif Kid bars! I think the deal for that is still valid. I also ended up ordering two yumbox snack boxes.

31. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

Target is having a competing sale and I just bought several home things for 30% off.

32. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

I got an Echo Dot for my daughter’s 5th bday. I’m hoping she can use it in her room to listen to calming music and meditations- I can dream right? I’m a little uneasy about having Alexa always listening though...

33. smuckers

apricot / 390 posts

@periwinklebee: @PurplePumps: @IRunForFun: Just popping in to say that we have and LOVE LOVE LOVE the 3D Lite stroller. It was suggested to us as a great tall-person stroller (DH is 6'4"), and it's honestly so many kinds of amazing. Super light, super comfortable to walk around with, and DD loves riding around in it.

34. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Jennibenni: I totally bought super random things from Target too! IMO better than Amazon haha!

35. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@nutmeg36: YAY! Good to know cause I ended up buying it yesterday! My husband is 6'3 and I'm 5'4 so I'm glad to hear it works well for taller people too!

36. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

I got a backpack diaper bag for #2 and the echo dot for our bedroom.
    Also took advantage of Target competing deals for a crib (for $30 gc back), some sunscreen, and a face oil as a little treat for me.

37. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

I bought 7th gen diapers, a simple watch for work, and some stasher bags. Nothing was that great of a deal I got, but I also didn’t really need anything! Kinda wish I checked out the target deals!

38. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@nutmeg36: This is great to hear! I can't wait to use it!

39. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@kiddosc: any specific recommendations for free guided meditations skills for the amazon echo?

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee