Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 POAS

1. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@LAZB: a Christmas eve baby sounds so romantic to me for some reason.

2. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@BadgerMom: there is some evidence that Hurricane Maria actually eliminated/dramatically reduced Zika in Puerto Rico and they are hurting for tourism dollars. I’m still not going to go, unfortunately, but might be worth reading up on.

3. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

There is a good number of us on this board this month. I really hope this month is a positive one for this group. It's officially April!

4. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@BadgerMom: San Diego is my favorite US destination for a laid back beach vibe. Plus there’s the zoo, which would be great for a 4 yo and is cool as an adult, too. But Chile is officially zika free according to the CDC, it’s isolated by the Andes. It’s a longer haul than the Caribbean, but if you really want that sort of vibe could be good. Also Portugal has amazing beaches/food/midieval cities and is only about 5 hours from the east coast. Or a friend just went to the Azores with a 1yo and loved it. That was only a 3 1/2 hour flight from Boston.

5. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@LAZB: My grandpa was a Christmas birthday, and apparently as a kid complained enough about how lame it was that his birthday was Christmas that his parents started celebrating his half birthday. Up until he died we had birthday cake the day after Christmas but also on June 25.

6. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@karenbme: My understanding about the fibroids is it depends on where they are and how they're growing. Mine are all on the outside (a good thing). So right now, my RE doesn't want to touch them. Hope that helps!

@Ginaandcorey: Yay April!! Feeling so hopeful for this month for everyone! Also, all this travel talk is really making me dream of somewhere tropical.

7. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

April Poas

POAS Date
    Ginaandcorey: 4/2
    Justkeira: 4/2
    Lilyofthewest: 4/3-4/6?
    Badgermom: 4/5
    Motherunner: 4/6
    Mshangry: 4/6
    MrsMom: 4/8
    Mamabear87: 4/9
    Lazb: 4/12ish
    Sams-mom: 4/13
    Spinny: 4/14
    AFC061018: 4/16
    Karenbme: 4/23

All the this month! Any updates please reply.

8. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

BDing after a huge brunch isn't the most fun, but you gotta do what you gotta do lol. Happy Easter!

9. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@LAZB: yes you do. 😂

I have 0 pg symptoms and plenty of AF symptoms but, still getting the blood work pg test tomorrow. I kind of have to know because I leave for my 10 day trip Tuesday and I need to take my Femara prescription with me. AF is due Wednesday.

My husband has agreed that if this and next month doesn't work, we will both go in for testing to see if there are issues other than old eggs. 🤨

10. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Ginaandcorey: good luck tomorrow!

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: I just checked my potential due date because you mentioned it, I would be December 19 but also don't go 40 weeks. 2 of my 3 nieces have nearly Christmas birthdays and I have 2 friends with Christmas birthdays. I think it would be fun sometimes, but then other times the stress of holidays and property taxes being due that a mid to late December baby freaks me out a little. One of my friends did have a summer birthday party every year because he was a Christmas baby.

@Ginaandcorey: good luck tomorrow! I ordered more cheapies that will be here tomorrow. The absolute earliest I can test is Thursday which is my son's birthday, so I'm trying to decide if I should just wait and enjoy his birthday, but then I will also be thinking about it if I don't test. Gahhhh

12. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: good luck tomorrow!

@Sams Mom: now I'm curious what mine would be. If it was me I'd enjoy my los birthday and test after but if you test were here for support!

I promised myself I wouldn't get my hopes up with my chart but it's so hard when my temp just keeps going up and up and is now higher than its ever been

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: thank you! I want to test, but I don't... His actual birthday is Thursday, and his party is Saturday and we will have house guests from Thursday to Sunday; so all sorts of chaos right in my testing window. I had my first triphasic last month, but it was also my first month on Clomid and I'm pretty sure that effected my temps some (and I might have had a chemical). But I hope yours is because of a baby!

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm only 8dpo so most likely implantation wouldn't even have happened yet but it looks nice

I know clomid can up your temps for sure but fingers and toes crossed for you this month!

15. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@Sams Mom: @LAZB: @MamaBear87: my potential due date is my mom's birthday. It's fun to imagine...even if the cheapie I peed on this morning was stark white. Haha.

@MamaBear87: look at those temps! I hope they keep going up!

16. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: fingers crossed it's just too early!!

9dpo was when it dropped a teeny bit last month so I'm hoping it goes up again tonight. But honestly after the last week I'm just glad to finally be feeling better. It seems my panic/anxiety was a side effect of the b6 so I'm just praying it doesn't come back.

17. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Ginaandcorey: Good luck today!

Started testing yesterday (8 dpo) with cheapies. Two BFNs, which is to be expected. But my chart keeps going up too. Actually today's number way wayyyyyy high, I'm thinking I probably shouldn't trust it.

I submitted a question to the closest fertility clinic on Friday about whether the standard 1 year/under 35, 6 months/over 35 still held true since I'm 32 and DH is 46 and someone actually called me back this morning. She told me that yes although there are studies out there that show DHs age can affect fertility it is still believed that female age is more of a factor. We're no where near ready to go down that road, but I think I just really needed to hear the experts opinion on that.

18. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

And thank you everyone for the vacation suggestions!!! I think we'll plan something fun for the fall. In the meantime I just hope it warms up around here!

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: look at those temps!

@BadgerMom: I was 10 cycles (starting my 11th) in when I made my appointment for fertility check. Even though I'm not old (29), I'm a little neurotic and my doctor had told me that I could come in at 10+ cycles because I'd do nothing but stress myself. So depending on if your doctor can run some tests and try the first steps (clomid/Femara) it could be a smaller step in that direction instead of going straight to a fertility center (if that would help you)

20. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MamaBear87: Look at those beautiful temps! FX for you!

My IUI is done! DH's sample was great today, so reeeeaaallly hoping this is it for us.

21. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Sams Mom: I have an appointment with my OB in April so I plan to bring things up then. I'm Hoping that maybe she can do at least some preliminary testing (SA, CD 3 & 21) when we're ready. It was just nice for my peace of mind to get a quick opinion from the experts in relation to our age situation so I don't have to worry that my OB is "holding me back." I just didn't want to go into the Fertility Clinic at some later point down the road, they take one look at DH's age, and say "why the heck did you wait so long?!"

22. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@afc061018: YAY for strong swimmers!

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@BadgerMom: That totally makes sense!

I just scheduled my annual well woman appointment for May, and I'm really hoping I get to cancel it for a prenatal appointment. It makes me a little sad that I conceded and scheduled.

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@afc061018: to you! Glad his sample was great!

@BadgerMom: hopefully this month is it for you and you don't have to worry about any of this!

@Sams Mom: having to plan stuff like that is the worst

25. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@afc061018: Great news on your IUI! I hope this is it

26. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@afc061018: hooray! I hope this is your month!!

27. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

5DPO and feeling really discouraged. Having cramps and a 0.4 temp dip this morning, it's still well above my cover line but I just have a bad feeling. Sorry for the whining, just feel like I could eat all my feelings

28. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: So glad to hear your feeling better!! Your chart looks amazing!!

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: I have had some unusual temp fluctuations at 5 dpo too. I don't feel as excited about this month as I have in the past, but then again I never ended up pregnant in previous months... So who knows.

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Mrs. Mom: It's been a weird chart so far

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: we really should only look and say yep ovulated. It's so hard not to get either down or hopeful based on a chart though.

@MrsMom: thanks! Hope your temp dip is just a dip and things go back up tomorrow

32. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm considering just doing short cut charting next cycle for this reason. Maybe cd 10 thru confirmed temp rise (3 high temps), so about 10 days out of my cycle. I know there is a chance that it *could* miss something or misplace the cover line, but I think since I have a pretty regular cycle and clear OPKs, it'll do the job. I'm just kinda sick of agonizing over every rise and fall in my chart.

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: @BadgerMom: True statement! It drives me crazy, but I keep doing none the less... Pre clomid I get fairly faint control and test lines on OPKs that I liked to temp to make sure that I got ovulation right. Now, maybe I could try the abbreviated chart, I already skip my period because its all sorts of weird.

34. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: make sure you check that your tracker will work that way. I know ava won't give you a correct fertile window with more than 3-5 missing days

@Sams Mom: it mostly gives me hope to watch my chart and after my last 2 weird weeks it's nice to have something to look forward to

35. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: I should be ok, lots of ladies on the Tempdrop facebook group use it like that. The Tempdrop doesn't actually learn your cycles, it just learns your nightly sleeping patterns and then spits out what it thinks is the most accurate temp in the morning. So it's more of just a wearable thermometer than a fertility monitor, if that makes any sense?

That is nice that your temp chart makes you less crazy, I think we're all just trying to figure out that delicate balance of feeling like we're doing something without feeling like we MUST. DO. EVERYTHING.

36. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: almost sounds more useful. Ava has only been 1/4 for me being right on o.

I have a new outlook. I feel like I was doing everything and it basically made my mind loose it. So I'm going to try really hard to just go with the flow. I really want another but I also want to be present and mentally sound for my daughter and husband. No more anything extra for me!

37. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: My chart is very similar to yours....Hopefully that's a good sign for both of us!

38. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone! I think I'm going to do a latter-chart temp thing this cycle too. I took my temp for the first time this cycle this a.m. I'm thinking I'll temp during the TWW to help myself feel like I have a clue what's going on. (I normally have a 10-day luteal phase but am not testing until 14, so I should know before test day whether the IUI worked or not, and my temp should give me another clue.)

39. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

So, I didn't get blood work today. I'm 99.9% sure AF will show tomorrow, weds or Thurs. Since I'm leaving tomorrow night, I took my lo out to dinner and we had a great time, and I had 2 glasses of wine. 😋 I went ahead and got my Femara prescription to take with me. Thankfully it's the least expensive thing I've done while TTC... Even cheaper than a FRER. LOL.

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I was so worried at my first appointment that insurance wasn't going to cover anything when it said it would. It doesn't cover clomid or femara but its still a $5 prescription thankfully and only a $20 co pay to see my doctor (so I probably have spent more on pregnancy tests, opks, mucinex, pineapple, or any other crazy variation than I have on my meds)

All of that to say that sucks that AF is probably going to show, but enjoy your trip and your LO!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee