To make a long story short, DH and I are considering an egg donor vs. embryo adoption as our next step in our infertility struggle. Basically, my eggs are of really poor quality and my doctor thinks there may be a chromosomal issue on my end. We've decided we're not going to try another round of IVF with my eggs.

In addition, if we go with an egg donor we'll have to decide if we go with a fresh cycle or if we purchase a select number of eggs from an individual. I'm not sure we'll be able to afford a fresh cycle....based on preliminary info it looks like it could be $36,000+

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What advice do you have? Are there options we're not considering?

Please share your perspective with me!