Planning a small end of summer get away is the only thing keeping me going these days I am really torn between 2 options; so help me decide and let me know what swayed you!
- Least traveling time (~1-1.5hr) . My 1 year old absolutely hates car rides so I feel like the less we gotta be in the car, the better. Tho he will be 1.5 by then, things can improve.
- I am familiar with the area already as this is so close to home, so from a Covid safety standpoint, I feel like I am in control and can navigate enjoying this vacation safely
- This is the more expensive option. By $800 roughly. I can still afford it, but obviously would like to save that for next vacation
- This is not an all inclusive kinda vacation. There is a pool and small beach, but we would have to get in the car and go out everyday for activities, so more planning, more schlepping back & forth. Would feel bad for DH who has to chauffeur
- The cheaper option!
- This IS a more all inclusive kinda place, so once we get there, we pretty much won't need to drive around unless we want to get food.
- It's the further drive (~2-2.5 hrs)
- I've never been there before, so even though I scoured the internet for reviews, pictures, videos, etc and I do feel comfortable when it concerns Covid safety, ti def gives me just a wee bit more anxiety taking our first vacation since pandemic started to somewhere totally new
So far I am leaning towards option 2. The price tag is definitely the most attractive, and I feel like the cons are not deal breakers and my kids would have the most fun there.
But I also do feel like spending more, staying closer to home, be somewhere more familiar might be easier for dipping out toes back into the world, esp we haven't gone away with 3 kids...