Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2019 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: FWIW, I told everyone SUPER EARLY when I became KU with DS simply BECAUSE I was considered "High Risk" (* AMA, prior pre-eclampsia, seizure disorder, AI disorders ...) so, Heaven forbid anything did happen, I would have a support system. I don't want to seem catty (you know me -- I am the LEAST confrontational and catty person but I can be playful sarcastic at times and people take me incorrectly), but it's your body and your pregnancy (which you and DH have worked SOOOO DILIGENTLY on ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคญ for so long); therefore, while she is entitled to her opinion, I really don't think it is her business. * Please do not take that as I'm giving unsolicited advice or that I'm shaming your sister- I'm not; rather, I'm agreeing that whenever you feel YOU want to share YOUR happy news is YOUR business and perogitive and it isn't up to debate. I kinda feel the same way about baby names (or parenting styles) ... whether or not I have an opinion on a couple's choice for their child, I keep my mouth shut since it is THEIR baby, THEIR choice, and they may have a reason to choose it ... I'd never "poo-poo" on that, especially because I LOATHE when others do it to me.
    Sorry for the novella.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you! I am pretty excited to be back on the BD-ing bandwagon (and that it doesn't hurt)! ๐Ÿ‘ DH and I plan to make up for lost time.

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: ๐Ÿ˜‚ it's good, I don't think you're out of place. I told my sister in the group text after everyone knew that I haven't had a real non squinter defective test in over 2 years of trying. I feel like shit, I look like shit, and I wanted some happy news after the damned mower tried to burn our house down... And I told her she could stick it in a juice box and suck it. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

She'll get over it.

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
    Honestly, I can't wait to feel like sh!t again (but not because my Fibro is acting up or one of the kids brought something home. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚). After all I went through with both DD and DS, I NEVER thought I'd say THAT! ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ ... I want to be pregnant SO bad that I would go through 3 more cystectomies, a couple more HSGs and God knows what else if I even had a chance. #PatheticIKnow.

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: so I'm going to need a home visit with that personal U/S... I know it's too early, but I'm already impatient.

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: I had the same thought! ๐Ÿคฉ

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: that thing have a transvaginal wand? How much is it to fly to Virginia? ๐Ÿ˜‚

8. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Sams Mom: Holy moses on the mower! Looks like a Cub Cadet like ours...I just texted DH to park it outside when he is done. Sheesh!

Glad you guys and your house is okay.

9. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: No TV wand, just TA sadly... I'm about 2 hrs south of Dulles!

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SweetCaroline: I'm so glad that neighbor drove by when he did! I think you can check the model/serial number under the seat against known recalls. Ours wasn't on the list, but apparently some Cub cadet have a reputation for bursting into flame.

@yellowbeach: I have a countdown widget on my phone for my first appointment, all while trying to find the earliest acceptable date to harass my doctor into bumping my ultrasound up to.

11. chereshae

coffee bean / 26 posts

@Sams Mom: IIRC, our sons are the same age. Just wanted to extend my heartfelt congrats on your BFP! ...and condolences over your charred lawnmower!

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

This board needs a new name. ๐Ÿค” I am christening it, "July POAS AND The Sam's Mom's Adventures in BFP Board." ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿคฃ
    What do you think, @Sams Mom? I think it has a nice flow. ๐Ÿ˜

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm all for it. I swear this has been a shit show, but the due date boards aren't really a banging place early on. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: So, got off the phone with my RE. He has to reschedule my follow-up (from the 2nd to the 8th). ๐Ÿ˜– Bummer!
    But, during the call, I DID find out FOR certainty that I had STAGE 2 Endometriosis (minor superficial implants of endometrial tissue on the outer uterus, bladder, and on the very bottom of my right ovary... left ovary had the cyst.) The majority was uterine (inside tissue growing outside from where I had a csection scar). His PA was mistaken when she said, "I think it was STAGE 1 on your uterus." I get to see photos (* I'll take pics to post) when I go in on the 8th. He said the prognosis for increased fertility looks excellent and was surprised none of my HSGs ever showed tubal narrowing or torsion. He was also surprised that I ovulate every month. To say that I am pretty d@mn excited and hopeful for the future is an understatement. ๐Ÿ˜

P.S. I am glad you like the board's new name ... after this lengthy post, perhaps it should be:
    "July POAS, Sam's Mom's Adventures in BFP, AND Kaohinani's Adventures in Surprise Endo." ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Incidentally, this board is fairly slow as well. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

16. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I vote for the new board name too! And about it being quiet - it's not my fault you're all asleep when I'm at work, not wanting to do any actual work and would rather chat with you all.

17. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Excellent prognosis for increased fertility sounds excellent!

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Good point! I apologize that I am not more of a night owl as, if I were, I would be thrilled to chat all things POAS (or not. ๐Ÿคฃ) with you! Also - thank you ... I am pretty excited the RE thinks my chances will be markedly better (although he still advises IVF due to the quick decline in my AMH.). But still, it is wonderful news!

19. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Oh, don't apologize for sleeping, sleeping is the best and you should do it as much as possible!
    You also get up really early and have sometimes been online on the last few hours of my workday to chat, that's always nice.

20. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Can I just chime in and say how excited I am that AF came (and will be gone) before we leave for Denmark! Perfect timing to not have to pack extra crap and plan for extra bathroom stops while traveling. And no @Kaohinani: I'm on OCPs to sync my cycle for a retrieval when we get back, so no chance of an oopsy.

21. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@yellowbeach: That's great, so much less to worry about! It's such a pain having to plan your days on a trip in a new place around bathroom breaks...
    (sorry about AF though)

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Yay, for AF! ๐Ÿ‘ (* It feels so weird writing that as we are all USUALLY hoping she stays away! ๐Ÿคฃ). So, DEFINITELY NO chance for an "ooops" this cycle ... In an odd way, I was kind of hoping it would happen and you'd be on the board with me [again] BUT July would be your lucky cycle (all of which came to fruition from a romantic interlude overseas!
    The best part of my little fantasy- the baby would end up being 100% healthy). Just my little mind always hopefully wandering... Forgive me. ๐Ÿ™ In any case, I can't wait to read up on your trip. You always find so many interesting places to explore ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—ผโ›ฉ๐ŸŒ‡ and things to do even with a little one in tow! I am envious.

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: ๐Ÿค” Wow, what time is it for you? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Isn't it around 10 or 11 PM (2200 or 2300)? Do you ever sleep?!?! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: but you're back now, so it'll pick back up ๐Ÿ˜‚ when you went on hiatus the POAS pages dropped from 15+ pages to 7-8

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I know I write quite a bit but it was a team effort (You, Yellowbeach, Lazb, Paranundrum, Jessiemuller88, Mamabear87, FuzzyPeaches, SkinnyCow, SweetCaroline, SuperNovaJ, Karenbeme, StarlitSky, FoodieBee, QBbride, PetitDuck, Bananasareyellow, MsHangry ... the list goes on with so many wonderful ladies who contributed for so long). ๐Ÿ˜‰ In all honesty, I really like having a close-knit and well engaged group simply because it adds to the support and camaraderie. It makes dealing with each BFN (* and all the crap that goes along with TTC, the TWW, and infertility) a bit easier, AND, it also makes sharing each BFP all the more special. I, genuinely, enjoy this community and it's ability to connect like-minded/like-needed women from all socio-political-economic statuses all over the world. As for just the POAS board (my main haunt ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚), I appreciate every woman that has taken the "POAS" journey with me in the last 1-1/2 years and thank them all for their support (* That especially includes you, even if your butt got a BFP without me and are going to leave me behind. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿคฃ).

26. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: in some ways it must be relief to at least have potential answers??

As for me 3po over here. Not very hopeful as only BD once ๐Ÿ˜ซ o-1/2ish ugh. It makes the whole process of progesterone etc extra frustrating for minimal chances.

In other news, My house has a wasp infestation and I canโ€™t fins the nest. I am going insane. Last year was the same and couldnโ€™t find it until the nest fell through my f{^}*}^}* ceiling in my kitchen and the exterminators had to bomb the house with insect killer.. I told DH I have to move I canโ€™t live in fear hahahaha

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Oh, WOW! A wasp infestation is "no bueno." I don't blame you for telling your DH it was time to move. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    As for only hitting one day BD-ING, my DD was a one night BD before the hubby went on 30 days training so, anything can happen. (* I'm keeping my fingers AND toes crossed for you.) I'm kinda hoping it happens for me this cycle because DH will be going off to training for 26 days this next month (July) and I "should" be OV-ing relatively soon. It IS a relief knowing about the Endo ... although, IDK how the PA got it so wrong when telling me it was stage one and isolated. I am assuming she didn't have my file nearby. Speaking with the RE today made me feel better because atleast he was able to excise it on multiple organs and, theoretically, it should lend to an increase in fertility. In any case, knowing is better than not knowing. ๐Ÿ˜

28. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

โ€ข Cycle Day: 17
    โ€ข TTC Cycle (or months TTC): First month
    โ€ข Ovulation Date: Not positive, I think 6/24 (didnโ€™t do temping/opk this cycle, just easing into things.)
    โ€ข POAS Date: July 4th ๐ŸŽ‡
    โ€ข Baby #: 2 (we have a 9-month-old girl)

BONUS-
    (1) Anything exciting you'd like to share? We had a baby girl at the end of September, been kind of MIA since then (breastfeeding issues and real life got in the way), but we would like to start trying again.
    (2) Is there anything special you will be doing this month? (* Example: a cruise, vacation, Holidays - Independence Day Celebration [America]/Bastille Day [France]/Canada Day/ Nunavut Day, purchasing a new home, etc?)
    We just sold our house (it was too small with a baby in the mix), and we are closing on our new house on Monday! ๐Ÿคž ๐Ÿก
    (3) Are there any special purchases you will be making on Amazon PRIME Day? Probably not, all our money has been eaten up by house selling/buying haha

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@greencraftycello: Welcome to the July POAS board! Also, congratulations on your new home! ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅณ So exciting! I will add you to the July roster momentarily. Best of luck this month.

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ•ถ๐Ÿน๐ŸŽ† July 2019 POAS ๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿน๐Ÿ•ถ๐ŸŒž

2 July - MaybeBaby
    3 July - FuzzyPeaches, Chereshae
    4 July - GreenCraftyCello
    5 July - CatchAFallingStar
    7 July - Paranundrum
    17 July - SweetCaroline

TBD - Kaohinani
    No POAS -
    Drop-In BFP -

๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ“ฃ Amazing Cheerleaders:
    - Yellowbeach
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady

31. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm so happy to hear how the call with your RE went!!!

Yesterday in our daily meeting, my coworker mentioned he was going to his wife's 20 week ultrasound. That hit me so hard, I was 2-3 weeks ahead of her. We would have known the baby's gender by now

Focusing on our summer bucket list this weekend. Picking berries, making homemade strawberry shortcake and homemade lemonade.

32. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

PS Not all our summer bucket list revolves around food...maybe 40% ๐Ÿ˜

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SweetCaroline: Thank you! ๐Ÿ’•
    My heart aches reading how you felt upon hearing about the coworker's wife's appointment. That must have been so difficult to be happy for them while feeling your loss ... I'm so sorry. ๐Ÿ’™ As for your summer plans, they sound lovely! There is nothing wrong with 40% of your summer bucket list revolving around food, especially if everything tastes as wonderful as it sounds! ๐Ÿ˜

34. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@fuzzypeaches: OMG I can totally commiserate. We had a "termite swarm" at our house 3 weeks ago. It happened as I was entering the garage to get in my car and go to work. This isn't my video, but it looked pretty similar but in the confined space of my 1 car garage.

Oh, and now NO shifts stand between me and Denmark - just have 2 free days to pack/prep!

35. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Joining in!

โ€ข Cycle Day: CD12
    โ€ข TTC Cycle (or months TTC): Not sure - technically 6 or 7 months, but not really. We started trying in January of this year, got pregnant in Feb, had a miscarriage in May, and I've just now gotten the go-ahead to try again.
    โ€ข Ovulation Date: July 6
    โ€ข POAS Date: July 19
    โ€ข Baby #: 3

BONUS-
    (1) Anything exciting you'd like to share? We've just moved into a new house, after renovating it basically from top to bottom - the kitchen should be finished tomorrow and I can't wait to be able to cook again!
    (2) Is there anything special you will be doing this month? My birthday, our wedding anniversary, and DS1's birthday (he'll be 4) fall in July, so it's a busy month
    (3) Are there any special purchases you will be making on Amazon PRIME Day? Not particularly, but I'm always a sucker for a good deal - when is Prime Day? Is there any way to know what will be offered ahead of time?

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: Iโ€™m also a believer in telling super early. Iโ€™m terrible at keeping secrets and working in healthcare (as are you), there are certain things you shouldnโ€™t be exposed to. I found it helpful to let a select few coworkers know so they could give me a heads up about patients with suspected infections. I was also just too damn excited not to spill the beans, plus Iโ€™m the type of person who needs people to lean on if shit goes south.

37. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I had already gone to bed!
    I'm UTC+2, but with summer time right now it's UTC+3 I think. I don't like DST much, but I think the EU will stop switching in a few years. Can't wait.
    I try to be in bed by 11PM every night, I don't always succeed though.

@yellowbeach: Boo for termites, yay for two free days before your trip!

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@raspberries: Hi, Raspberries! I'm glad you are joining us this cycle. Congratulations on your new home ... It must be so exciting to complete something you have renovated with your own touches and, FINALLY, be able to move in and call it done! ๐Ÿ˜ Wow, you have a lot to celebrate in July. Hopefully. A BFP will also be one of those things. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคž To respond to your inquiry about Prime Day - I believe it is the 15/16th of July. They do offer sneak previews, preorders, and, if you have an item on your saved items list of which will be on sale, they will give you an early bird chance to order. ๐Ÿ˜

@paranundrum: I'm always interested in travel and time zones. Every time we move or my DH travels or deploys, I have to keep track of our locale versus that of family, friends, school (when I was taking classes online to graduate early after a move), etc. I enjoyed living in HI (Aleutian Time) as they do not follow Daylight savings; HOWEVER, I still had to keep in mind any time changes when calling or Skyping people.

Random conversation- This morning has been "ONE of THOSE" mornings so far. Just to vent (not really complaining):
    โ€ข I woke to my lab-pit mix throwing up in the kitchen. She walk-vomits so it is always 4-5 small patches. I am grateful, though, that she makes it onto tiled floor 90% of the time!
    โ€ข I put my contacts in the WRONG eyes! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ The container is labeled but I wasn't paying attention. I wondered why they weren't fitting correctly and I couldn't see. Mind you, wearing contacts is annoying anyway especially with Sjogren's syndrome (Dry eye, anyone? *Blink, blink, blink* pass the drops.) Maybe that is why I was so slow to notice OR, perhaps, it was because I put them BEFORE my 1st cup of coffee. ๐Ÿคฃ
    โ€ข Then G woke up screaming, "I'm wet! Mama, I'm wet. I'm icky and I'm wet!!!" So, I tossed him in the tub (not literally) as T watched him (and her kindle *eyeroll*) so I could make up a bed, lay out new clothing, etc.
    โ€ข I come downstairs JUST in time to hear a "boom" and DH exclaim, "Oh, sh!t!" While heading out to work, he, apparently, dropped his open water bottle of GATORADE on the kitchen floor. I just told him to go and I cleaned the mess ... what is one more at this point?!?! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚
    โ€ข Final straw - the college called. My substitute (while I have been out this last week) is unable to make it in today and they can not find a staff member to fill in at this time so either (a) I would have to head in or (b) they could cancel my "Intro to Literary Studies" summer session course. While I was debating coming in (I would be returning on Monday anyway), a bird flew into my CLOSED livingroom window and the dogs went apesh!t crazy! I took it as an omen. ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ My luck at this time would indicate that something would go wrong at work (* My Jeep would stall or I'd pull my stitches in my bellybutton... whatever). I opted to cancel. At this point, I would go back to bed if I could, although, I would fear it being like 'Groundhog Day.' ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks for reading my vent. I'm sure things could always be worse. I am not crying over spilled milk (err, Gatorade). Lol.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ•ถ๐Ÿน๐ŸŽ† July 2019 POAS ๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿน๐Ÿ•ถ๐ŸŒž

2 July - MaybeBaby
    3 July - FuzzyPeaches, Chereshae
    4 July - GreenCraftyCello
    5 July - CatchAFallingStar
    7 July - Paranundrum
    17 July - SweetCaroline
    19 July - Raspberries

TBD - Kaohinani
    No POAS -
    Drop-In BFP -

๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ“ฃ Amazing Cheerleaders:
    - Yellowbeach
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady

40. greencraftycello

cherry / 174 posts

@Kaohinani: Iโ€™m sorry! Hopefully things will look up tomorrow!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee