Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2019 POAS

1. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: That sounds like a rough morning, you probably made the right choice about heading out and I hope your pup is feeling better by now.

I wear contacts that are different strengths too so I have to pay attention as well. I don't think I have put them in the wrong eyes yet, but I often forget if I'm taking them out or putting them in. Imagine me half asleep standing in front of the bathroom mirror trying to scoop my eyeballs out instead of putting my contacts in...not my best moments, but mornings are hard.

And about the Gatorade, well, at least is wasn't pee. Although maybe the floor would be a little less sticky if it was.

2. chereshae

coffee bean / 26 posts

@Kaohinani: Yikes! You had a rough morning! Hope the afternoon turns around for you!

Was a rough night here - Son (B) was up half to night crying. Very very unlike him. He was so so sweaty, but no fever. Wouldn't tell us what was going on, just that he "wanted to sleep". Finally, around 11, he told us he was hungry, so we fed him a piece of toast and he finally fell asleep. Didn't get to sleep til midnight and I wake up at 5 for work. Aaaalll the coffee this morning.

I normally get a great deal of cramping during the TWW. It's been fairly absent this go around? Trying to hedge my expectations, but 🀞

3. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@SweetCaroline: that’s so hard. My sister in law and I were due on the same day both with girls. It’s is still so hard to see her - and she is turning one in a few weeks and I’m still here, it just sucks I’m sorry. I know we all understand πŸ’•

@chereshae: hahaha when my youngest was little I would wake her up everyday at midnight and make her eat half a banana so she would get up 🀣 that seems crazy now that she is older!

4. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@yellowbeach: omfg I would actually move 🀣🀣🀣 but honestly when it fell through my ceiling it was like Armageddon haha. No one tells you these things ha when trying to buy a house!

5. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: sorry for 8 million posts I can’t reply from previous page.
    Hoping your days gets better girlfriend! These are the days to forget the to do list and just have a good coffee (or alternate)

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@greencraftycello: @paranundrum: @chereshae: @fuzzypeaches:
    Thank you, ladies! πŸ’™ I just needed to vent because I couldn't believe my [lack of] luck! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€£ I figure that there is no where to go but up so my day HAS to get better, right?!?! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ™‚

Paranundrum- I get you with the contacts. I have fallen asleep on the couch with them in (and they "dried" to my eyes) and I can't figure out if they are in or out bc my vision is blurry. I have also taken them out, woken after midnight (half asleep) and tried to take them out again ... clawing at my eyeballs. #NotCool

Chereshae - Awe, your poor little one. πŸ₯Ί My son (G) did that once. My in laws had watched him while DH was out of town and I was at work, they neglected to tell me he didn't finish his supper. My DS has a speech delay (lateral lisp and speed stutter with a high palate) and had difficulty articulating that he was still hungry. I figured it out at around 10 PM when he kept asking for juice and saying "my tummy." At first, I thought he had become ill, but I realized "ongy" meant "hungry." Poor guy! I felt terrible!

FuzzyPeaches - No worries! Post as much as you wish in as many replies as you want ... we enjoy your participation. P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels as though she is losing her sh!t [without coffee] some days. πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Hey, preggy lady - checking in on YOUR "sh!t show" this morning. πŸ˜‰ How are you holding up, hun? Hope today is easier on the "other" side. πŸ’™

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: wow! Your morning looks like a total crap shoot! πŸ˜• Only way from here is up though, right?

As for me, my son still isn't wanting to sleep anywhere near as early as I want to sleep. I am a little ragey up to about the 10 week mark (with Sam at least), and it's repeating itself. I'm just sooo tired, and so cranky.

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: yeah, I never thought so many people would know this early, but I've not had real positives in all this time. I might regret telling maybe one of the people I've told if something goes wrong, but I would be a hot mess and would rather not have to explain I was, now I'm not, instead of just having to say I'm not.

I don't know...

I do know the end of July can't come soon enough!

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

So, lunch today is fertility soup πŸ˜‰. It is made of grass-fed beef (iron), kale (filled with folate, manganese, calcium, ADEK, and iron), organic beef bone broth (amino acids proline and glycine, along with calcium and collagen), low-sodium vegetable broth (vegetables... c'mon. πŸ˜πŸ˜‚), olive oil (monounsaturated fat), garlic (sulfur-rich to increase the antioxidant glutathione for better egg development), amino acid drops and a bit of parmesan (high fat dairy - calcium, vitamin D). So, yummy!

Do any of you ladies follow a fertility diet or amend your eating habits when TTC (ex. Going GF, cutting out coffee and/or alcohol, going organic or more sustainably sourced, etc.)? I used to drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day and, for the last 2 years, I've reduced to 1 or 2. I still indulge in wine (Merlot, Cab, Shiraz...) and will "drink til it's pink." πŸ·πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚
    I have been GF (and Keto) for a while now due to allergies and seizures disorder, but, in the last year, I have REALLY been trying to incorporate high-vitamin "fertility friendly" foods into my diet in the hopes of obtaining the dream of our #3. I was just curious if I was the only person who does this. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ™„

IDK if I will be OV-ING this cycle (it is CD 10) and my OPKs are still very lacking. I usually OV very early (* think CD8 the earliest and CD12 the latest.) Since AF began the day before my surgery, my RE said the procedure should not effect my cycle. I hope he is correct! 🀞 Keeping with this vitamin and mineral rich diet and hoping that I DO, indeed, OV as it would be a shame to waste this month!

11. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

@Sams Mom: hi! I'm a stalker (don't want any more kids but I'm obsessed with the POAS board. It's freaking weird) but I wanted to say CONGRATS!! I have been rooting for you and Kaohinani for a long time!!! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@pachamama: Awe, thank you! πŸ’• I appreciate your support. How is your newest addition? (If I remember correctly, I think I remember you had a boy back 6 or 7 mos ago?)

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I'm down to testing every other day, until I'm out of tests πŸ˜‚

I would have started today if I wasn't pregnant, it feels like I've known forever, yet I'm not late until tomorrow.

14. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Sams Mom: those first few days and weeks are so excruciating!!!

MaN time is going by slowly. I took today off to get a longer long weekend but it is draggingg I wish it was time to test already lol

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Got it, I'm the only weirdo who modifies my diet for TTC. πŸ™„πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: haha! I definitely did not, but I'm not an ultra health food person.

17. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: I should maybe, but I’m lazy and love bad food 🀣

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I appreciate your honesty. I'm realizing more and more that I "MAY" be taking trying for #3 a bit too hard. I have had every test, gone on special diets, tried everything from acupunture to massage and herbs, AND after my acupressurist (for fibro) told me a fertility point is the left nostril and to either massage it daily or pierce it (she gave me information and told me to research it) - I pierced it! 😢😢😢 Now, post surgery, I am hoping SOMETHING helps ... At this point, I will take nutrition, prayers, ancient practices, new medicine, WHATEVER. I'm invested.
    (So funny but reading back my post reminded me of a query @Yellowbeach had posed a number of boards back of "would you lose a toe on your foot for a baby" ... Sure, I've eaten weird sh!t, had people pierce me, and have gotten massages in weird places - a toe is nothing. πŸ˜‰)

@FuzzyPeaches: OMG, I LOVE food as well. I had to give up French fries with mayo (stabs through heart) and most international cuisine. πŸ’”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.speakingtree.in/blog/connection-of-nose-piercing-and-normal-childbirth-in-hinduism/m-lite

https://mamalette.com/blog/featured/5-unusual-ways-to-get-pregnant/

https://info.painfulpleasures.com/help-center/information-center/history-nose-piercings

P.S. My younger students now think I am "cool," IDK if that is a perk or not. πŸ™„πŸ˜³πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@pachamama: totally missed that earlier πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Thank you lady! Now to get some of the other regulars onto a due date board soon.

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

21. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: I keep checking over here for more pee sticks! I'll hopefully never get another so help my fix 😘

22. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

I now have a breast abcess and am on antibiotics for the next 10 days. If it's not gone by then, it's another mammo and biopsy. I can't even count the mammos I have in the past 2 years.

I'm probably out this month. So many emotions: eff the world, gratitude, grief/sadness, mental exhaustion. I'm in the exact same position I was last July.

For now, I'm trying to simpky be present with the tiny family I have an enjoy our beautiful summer.

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: last digital in the house, taken 15 minutes after I had already peed, so definitely pregnant πŸ˜‚

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SweetCaroline: have they gone in to drain and clear the abscess previously?

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SweetCaroline: I'm sorry to read your update, although, I am glad you are set to enjoy time with your family. Sending so many hugs your way. I'm about in the same mental place as you ATM.... I don't know if I will OV this cycle (and DH leaves for 26 days the end of next week) so this one may be another wash even before July has begun πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ₯Ί. See my sad OPKs:

26. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Sams Mom: No, I have two other tumors that are being tracked. We're not even certain what this is one is, whether there is fluid present. May end up with ultrasound. I'm about due for my semi annual scan anyway.

@Kaohinani: Thank you, I know a couple others like you are in a similar spot, regardless of what situations have brought us here.

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SweetCaroline: the other tumors have been deemed benign and not worth excising? I only ask because I work in a breast surgeon's office and am trying to absorb all the things still.

28. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Sams Mom: Yes, that is the case. Titanium marker clips have been placed.

I have a high risk calculation for breast cancer...my mother and grandmother both had it. My mom was 35 when she had it. Both those things significantly increase my risk.

It truly is a blessing that I know my risk and can seek appropriate screening. My type A personality is still working on rolling with it... This a-hole lump came out of nowhere, outside of a screening.

29. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I don't have a special diet, but I love vegetables anyway. Can't hurt. That soup looks so good though! Could you mail me some?
    And about that piercing - who says you can't be cool and invested at the same time?

@SweetCaroline: I'm sorry have to deal with that. I'm sending good thoughts

@Sams Mom: Those will never be old!

30. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: yay! So so happy for you!

31. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Kaohinani: My husband actually has Sjogren's syndrome too! Sorry about your crap day, but you seem to have handled it like a champ!

@SweetCaroline: I think we both miscarried around the same time (April-ish?) - fingers crossed you get your BFP soon!

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you! You are always so kind and complimentary. I wish I COULD send some soup and other homemade treats [namely my GF avocado brownies that taste like fudge cake] to you. πŸ₯£ 🍫😁

@raspberries: Thank you. Thankfully, with exception for no change in my OPKs, my day DID, indeed, get better. πŸ‘ Oddly, I am incredibly excited to find out your husband ALSO has Sjogren's. Mind you - I have yet to actually "meet" anyone else with it outside of a clinical setting. I suppose, since Sjogren's is a fairly innocuous and nearly invisible [to outsiders] AI disorder, I, potentially, COULD have come across others with it and just never knew. πŸ˜‚ My symptoms are extremely typical - dry mouth, eyes, throat (always have a beverage, gum, or Luden's lozenge with me πŸ™‚), dry "a-hem," (Sorry, TMI), dry lips and skin (* see affixed photos - I am wearing moisturizer on my hands and have balm on my lips but everything still cracks! πŸ˜–), and dermatitis. I also have slow digestion which can be a complication. Mine started in my 20's and was assumed to be linked to circulatory issues (Raynaud's which is also an AI and May-Thurner's). How does your husband's manifest, if I may be so nosey?

33. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: WHY did you have to mention your homemade brownies I will never ever taste... May I have the recipe at least?
    I bake a bit too, but always with sugar, gluten and dairy, nobody in my family has any food allergies. (almost. I found out a few years ago I have some kind of a problem with seafood, I'm not sure how bad it is, because I have never eaten it really, I never wanted to. I was working in a kitchen a few years ago and the allergy came out when I was pealing prawns with my bare hands. I don't know what would happen if I ate any, but that made me think that sometimes our body really knows best.) It would be great to have a recipe in case I need to bake for someone who has or just as a healthy alternative.

34. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Kaohinani: Yours seems pretty similar to his - he was diagnosed in his late 20s and they assume it's linked to other autoimmune issues he has (namely an autoimmune connective tissue disorder - he used to have flares once every month or two but it's being managed beautifully with medication right now.) His main symptom is dry mouth - he always needs water on hand, and gags on food a lot if he's distracted. He actually had Lasik before he was diagnosed, so his doctors were a bit concerned about possible complications, but so far so good. He has eye drops that he uses only as needed (maybe once or twice a week.)

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: I walled you the recipe I use.

@raspberries: Thank you for sharing that. It is nice to know (commiserate with) others who have the same physical ailment (AID), as well as, to speak with their families.

36. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Thank you! I'll try it out at one point and tell you how it went.

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

My CF is not agreeing with my OPKs. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
    I do know women can have bouts of "fertile" mucous (such a gross word! 😝) without a surge and vice versa (* a surge with or without subsequent OV which is not CF-symptomatic).

➑️ My inquiry- Has ANYONE ever had signs of ovulation (mild Mittelschmerz, watery or EW fluid, etc) and had stark white OPKs but still was ovulatory (or ended up pregnant that cycle) ?!?!? ⬅️

I have read anecdotal evidence on non-scholarly sites it can/does happen but, I can not find any empirical information to support the possibility beyond "not having a very strong surge chemically (as would be presented on the LH strip) but it IS hormonally strong enough to elicit an actual ovulation."

Please -
    (@Sams Mom: @Yellowbeach: @Karenbeme: @Lazb: @Bananasareyellow: @FuzzyPeaches: @QBbride: ) ... Any amazing lady in a research field, medical field, who has had it happen, OR has been on here for a bit, I appeal to you for a response. Thank you. πŸ’‹

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I had a cycle a while back that my OPKs never got anywhere near a positive, but not stark white either; but still had a temp shift. I had a little fertile CM, but not the usual amount.

I didn't end up pregnant, but I had a biphasic chart πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ not sure if I can find it, I'll look.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you! I "think" I remember that cycle (that was before my hiatus). I knew you'd be able to give me some sort of direction.

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: so apparently I'm missing some charts along the way πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

The bottom one is the one after my anovulary, and the top one is a weird one that I can't remember all the details of.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee