Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2019 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: The top one is the month when your crosshairs kept changing. FF would think you OVed, then take it away ... then you finally did. I remember it bc it was the month I OVed super early but my cycle looked textbook.
    Thank you.
    I just took ANOTHER OPK and it is a freckle darker (*see pic) - hopefully, we are headed in the right direction. ๐Ÿ˜‰ DH and I have been DTD EOD since I received the AOK to BD. Following lap surgery for Endo, according to a number of studies - it is estimated women with primary infertility with no other issues to be 40% more fertile in the 3 mos following, women with 2ndary with no contributing factors (PCOS, severely low AMH, hormonal imbalances, etc) can tout a 53% increase, and women with compounded fertility issues may find 10-20%. This is all provided the woman ovulates (which is why I'm so stressed. ๐Ÿ˜‚) ... I want my d@mn 53% increase especially since DH will be gone next cycle! ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 4 Update -

๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ•ถ๐Ÿน๐ŸŽ† July 2019 POAS ๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿน๐Ÿ•ถ๐ŸŒž

2 July - MaybeBaby
    3 July - FuzzyPeaches, Chereshae
    4 July - GreenCraftyCello
    5 July - CatchAFallingStar
    7 July - Paranundrum
    17 July - SweetCaroline
    19 July - Raspberries

TBD - Kaohinani
    No POAS -
    Drop-In BFP -

๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ“ฃ Amazing Cheerleaders:
    - Yellowbeach
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady
    - PachaMama

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: that's headed in the right direction for sure! I say positive in about 3 ish days?

4. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: I donโ€™t know ๐Ÿค” to be honest I have always wondered about the OPKs.
    That being said I have seen mine go from light to positive within 24hours as opposed to progressively darker so I am never able to predict from one day to another ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: @fuzzypeaches: Thank you, both! ๐Ÿ’™

To all the July 2019 POAS Bees,

Some days I wish I were Oprah ...

EVERYONE TTC on this board would get a car ... er, baby! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

(* Please, no one get offended over the meme I made. The sentiment is real -- I wish I could be "the baby fairy. ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ")

P.S. Sam's Mom, how are you holding up?

6. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Kaohinani: I almost always have 1-2 bouts of EWCM before ovulating! So worries there, youโ€™ll get your positive OPK!

7. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

โ€ข Cycle Day: CD 34
    โ€ข TTC Cycle (or months TTC): Technically 2nd, but my cycles are about 2 months long so really 4 months ๐Ÿ˜•
    โ€ข Ovulation Date: July 4th, I think!
    โ€ข POAS Date: July 13th? I usually find out by 8-9 DPO
    โ€ข Baby #: 3

BONUS-
    (1) Anything exciting you'd like to share? Nothing exciting in these parts!
    (2) Is there anything special you will be doing this month? July 4th for Independence Day here and then 4 days later is my birthday ๐ŸŽ‚
    (3) Are there any special purchases you will be making on Amazon PRIME Day? Weโ€™re trying to save money so weโ€™ve been on a spending freeze, but I may not be able to resist a baby item or two if we get a BFP

8. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I'll take one too, thanks!

9. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: 53% increase sounds really good, I hope that's the case for you! That OPK looks better too, things are lining up.

10. chereshae

coffee bean / 26 posts

So... I know I'm a few days early...but...

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs.Panda: @paranundrum: Thank you, ladies! I am REALLY hoping for some OPK progression today. Paranundrum- Yes, 3 different studies/reports I found (based off of a 2015 clinical study) stated study numbers ranging from 49-56% pregnancy success (* not all were full-term) and mentioned the 2015 study with a median percentage of 53%. If I do OV, the next 3 mos (actually ONLY this cycle and the one AFTER next since DH will be gone) will be "Serious GO time for BD-ING." It has been found that removal of Endometriosis can increase the potential for fertility for up to around a year (+/-). So hopeful!

@chereshae: Oh, my! Do I see a maybe-line?!?!?! .... It looks pink-ish! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅณ (... "Annnd YOU get a baby!"๐Ÿ˜‰)

12. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@chereshae: that looks like a BFP to me! Congratulations!

13. chereshae

coffee bean / 26 posts

@Kaohinani: fwiw, totally anecdotal, but my opks tend to go from basically invisible to absolute blazers in the span of 12 hours.

And that is DEFINITELY a maybe line! It is way pinker in person (Zoom! Enchance!) but it's there, I think? Period not due til Thursday, so will test again over the next few days. I have a FRER at the ready but I threw out my pee like a rookie.

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@chereshae: Thank you ... I am hoping my OPK will look as lovely as your HPT. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Tell me when you would like me to mark you as a true BFP on the roster (* Some ladies like to see the " " immediately and, others like to wait for progression... It is all up to you. ๐Ÿ˜)

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ•ถ๐Ÿน๐ŸŽ† July 2019 POAS ๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿน๐Ÿ•ถ๐ŸŒž

1 July - Chereshae
    2 July - MaybeBaby
    3 July - FuzzyPeaches
    4 July - GreenCraftyCello
    5 July - CatchAFallingStar
    7 July - Paranundrum
    13 July - Mrs. Panda
    17 July - SweetCaroline
    19 July - Raspberries

TBD - Kaohinani, Paranundrum (2nd)
    No POAS -
    Drop-In BFP -

๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ“ฃ Amazing Cheerleaders:
    - Yellowbeach
    - Sam's Mom
    - CrazyDogLady
    - PachaMama

16. chereshae

coffee bean / 26 posts

@Kaohinani: I think maybe hold off for a day or two, just to be sure. Thank you!

Canada day today and we're seeing a bunch of people. Time to mask my absolute freak out.

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: my friend has never gotten a positive opk and gets pregnant sooooooo quickly. Definitely possible!
    @chereshae: congratulations!

18. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@chereshae: Oooooh, exciting!

19. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

I'm not even getting close to my POAS date this cycle as I have started spotting today. (I didn't know my ov date so I took a guess and added some wriggle room in any case.) I hope I start soon and be done with AF by Saturday at the latest, the Song Festival takes place this weekend, I'll be out and about the whole time and would prefer not to worry about bathroom breaks.
    My next POAS date will probably be in the end of July, so I'll still stick around.

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@chereshae: I will wait update until you tell me otherwise. I haven't been to a Canada Day celebration in YEARS (probably when I was 15 or 16 and visiting family with my Me-Mere & Pe-Pere)! Good luck making your excitment! ๐Ÿ˜

@LAZB: Thank you, hun! That is great to know! Mine usually progresses (slowly) but it has been passive-aggressive this cycle -- completely blank one day, barely tinged the next, back to white ... the worst part is my CF isn't agreeing with my tests (I've had creamy, wet, creamy, wet, EWCM... ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ณ). I'm just going to keep POAS and BD-ING with DH every other day until her leaves for training. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

@paranundrum: Oh, no! ๐Ÿ˜– This cycle didn't even give you a chance! I'm sorry! Atleast you can look forward to the Song Festival. (It sounds like so much fun.) I will mark you for the end of the month as well.

21. chereshae

coffee bean / 26 posts

@Kaohinani: oh fun! Based on those names, I'm guessing somewhere in Quebec? I actually live in the capital of Canada, so it's pretty big, especially downtown on parliament. Just going to our neighbourhood event this year though. Happy canada day and early fourth of july to you!

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@chereshae: Yes! We were (primarily] in Quebec. I have family in Quebec (Dad's side), Montreal & New Brunswick (Mom's side), PEI, an aunt in Ottawa, and extended family dispersed throughout Canada (and Maine ... all over Aroostook county, in Frenchville, Augusta, Bangor, etc.). I am primarily French, N.A. (Mi'kmaq and Algonquin), Basque, and Spanish with a dash of Heinz 57 mix from East and West Europe and a tiny spot Polynesian. Most of my family immigrated into Canada (those who are not N.A. ... because, well, they were already there. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฃ) and from Canada into the U.S.
    (* WOW, I got WAAAAAY off-track there. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ)
    Thank you ... Happy Canada Day to you! ๐ŸŽ‰

23. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@chereshae: ah congrats!! So exciting, starting off the July boards right ๐Ÿ˜‰
    And happy Canada Day!

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Aren't you Canadian as well? Happy Canada Day! ๐ŸŽ‰

25. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

I'll take a baby! Fx for your postive OPK!!!

Ran across this quote which I think is so helpful for pregnancy loss, infertility and so much more:

"The idea that appreciating what you've got is the antidote for the pain of what you're missing, that is a central fallacy. Gratitude and grief don't cancel each other out. The exist side by side." - Megan Devine

ETA: First comment goes out to @Kaohinani:

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SweetCaroline: I LOOOVE that quote! ๐Ÿ’œ So very poignant and true. Thank you so very much for sharing it with us.

I'm hoping the Oprah baby-fairy ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ gifts you a precious bundle soon! ๐Ÿ’•

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Well, not today ...
    ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ

CD 13 (and DH leaves on Saturday):

28. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Fingers crossed for tomorrow! Mine also went from zero to hundred in two days max. You still have time!

29. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Kaohinani: Mine are usually a progression, but lately they have been going from 0-100 within hours. Here's hoping yours follows suit! Just BD just in case.

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: @Mrs.Panda: Thank you [both] for the optimism. Heading out to instruct my class. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring forth better news on the OPK front.

31. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Someone heated up garlic something down the hall at work... And I need to ๐Ÿคฎ now ๐Ÿ˜ญ

32. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Well, I'm spotting today at only 8 DPO, making my cycle just 20 days. I'm 40, so I'm beginning to think maybe this is perimenopause. I guess I'll find out when we go to start our IUI cycle in a few days. My FSH was pretty low, but it might have just been a low month. I know it fluctuates.

33. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@SweetCaroline: that quote is amazing. I always feel so frustrated when ppl say I should just be happy with the blessings I have. I am So grateful but it doesnโ€™t mean I donโ€™t feel the losses of what could have been.

@Kaohinani: mine have certainly gone from that one day to blazing the next! Still hope!

As for me 7dpo. I have already started testing and analyzing all the indents ๐Ÿคฃ so same as usual. I for some reason have so much hope this cycle even though the timing was terrible and I have no reason based on my history to feel very lucky ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ I bought a million cheapies on amazon which will at least make this a cheaper merry go round than usual haha

34. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@chereshae: how many dpo are you??

35. chereshae

coffee bean / 26 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I think 11dpo? Based only on opks though, not temping.

36. chereshae

coffee bean / 26 posts

@Kaohinani: Not off track at all! That's so interesting! So fascinating to have such a grasp on your family history. Are you into geneology? I'm Ukranian on my mom's side and European mutt on the other; most of my dad's family immigrated to Newfoundland and still live there now.

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I'm so sorry to read your update ... Any chance for an implantation bleed (*spotting)? I am hopeful ๐Ÿคž. Or do you think your P4 fell and you are on the start of an AF? I ask because I'm 39 and mine can run from 23 days (this last cycle) to 30 (when medicated). I have short AFs and (USUALLY) OV super-early so my follicular phase is usually only 8-12 days long (but my luteal phase is fine). Perimenopause is one of my biggest concerns as well, even though the majority of women on both sides maintained menses until their mid-50's/early-60's. I always fear being the odd one (early to start "the change." ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ) My E2 levels run fairly high (not a sign of actual menopause) and my FSH is on-point; however, my cycle mimics that of someone "older."

@fuzzypeaches: Thank you! I am hoping the LH this cycle is simply a fluke for me. On my way home, I called the RE's office and spoke with his PA. She stated LH and ovulation post Endo-excision will be variable. She also said what I already knew: The surgery COULD delay OV a bit or change the level of LH needed to release an ova. It is a crapshoot. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

@chereshae: 11 dpo? That is spectacular! I can't wait to see another HPT from you (and to put that " " by your name! ๐Ÿ˜‰).

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@chereshae: Yes, ma'am, very much so. I have copies of documented lineage from both sides of my family AND I have done both "23 & me" AND "Ancestry." My family tree through "Ancestry" has 749 people on it. I can get back to the 1350's on Pe-Pere's side and to the 1490's on my Nana's (English, Irish, Basque, French). (Those are the two sides I have been able to gain the access to.)
    In fact- Princess Diana (through the family Spencer on my Nana's heinz 57 side) is an 18th cousin 1x removed. I have so many family members who have had a bevy of children (ex. My great, great, great grandmere had 25 children! 3 sets of twins! Many did not live past the age of 2 BUT, she still did it!) so it makes me question IF my 2ndary infertility (or Endometriosis) is even genetic or if it is just a freak thing. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
    I have learned that to truly find oneself, sometimes, one has to look back to move forward. I find looking back fascinating and moving forward, exhilarating! ๐Ÿ˜

39. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@Kaohinani: I donโ€™t think itโ€™s implantation bleeding. Iโ€™ve never had it in three pregnancies and I usually spot before my period

40. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

Here we go again.

โ€ข Cycle Day: 1
    โ€ข TTC Cycle (or months TTC): Six years and a two months.
    โ€ข Ovulation Date: TBD
    โ€ข POAS Date: TBD
    โ€ข Baby #: 1

It's round two this month, so I have already answered the bonus questions, but I forgot to share one exciting thing. I got new glasses a few days ago! I have never liked how I look with glasses on so I have used contacts for the past ten years or so. I felt my eyes needed a rest. I have a new prescription too so I feel like I can see through walls with my new glasses on. My eyesight has gotten worse over time so my old glasses were too weak.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee