Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@cmomma17: Oh, I'm sorry but you are right...you are still in until AF shows. It's really sweet that your DH was do excited. Even if your EDD is in February, you'll still be pretty "big" in December.

2. sheskrafty

persimmon / 1165 posts

@Espion: congrats!!!

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Espion: congrats!!!

4. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Espion: I'm technically 15 DPO today - CD1 was on April 12, but I have a longer cycle that's usually around 35 days. I think if AF is still MIA on Wednesday, I'll try again - I really need to get some cheapies, all I have left are FRERs (I feel like I need to add a category to our budget specifically for pregnancy tests, because those puppies add up!)

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Is there a dollar store nearby? Their tests are pretty good!

6. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@simplyfelicity: are the dollar store tests the blue ones that everyone stresses over? Or are they "normal"?

7. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@cmomma17: they're normal - most store brand tests are blue dye (target, cvs). at least, my dollar store has normal ones? lol. you pee in a cup, use the dropper to drop into the little hole and voila!

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@cmomma17: They are just like "normal" tests. Here is a pic I found online. Just like sorrycharlie said, you pee in a cup and use the dropper. I found them to be really accurate last month. I mean, they aren't FRER but they are a good cheapie. They also make OPKs.

ETA: THIS IS NOT MY TEST!

9. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@sorrycharlie: you should be a dollar store preg test saleslady
    I only have ever used the CVS generic version of FRER's I think.

I wish AF would hurry up and start if she's going to! I put on a pad before work and I'll be so irritated if I wasted it!

10. sorrycharlie

@cmomma17: hahaha. I hate wasting pads. but god..I forgot how gross pregnancy is. thought I'd be saving money on pads and tampons..NOPE. buying a lifetime supply of liners.

anyway, sorry for the nasty tmi. at least no descriptive words?! LOL.

11. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@simplyfelicity: LOL at your ETA!

@sorrycharlie: ewwwwww I totally know what you mean! Pregnancy is ..... lovely!

12. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Ohhh, good to know about Dollar Store tests - thanks @simplyfelicity: ! There's not one within walking distance of my office, but I'm pretty sure there's a Family Dollar on my way home. Here's hoping.

13. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

Still no AF here .... hmmm. Maybe tomorrow? DH has gone from disappointed back to convinced I'm knocked up! Can you have a little light spotting and still get a BFP? Why is TTC such a rollercoaster??

14. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Espion: congrats!

15. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

Hi all! Sorry I am a couple days late posting this. I POAS Saturday morning and got a BFN. That was 12dpo. AF is due Thursday the 22nd so I won't test again unless it's late.

Fingers crossed for everyone!

16. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@HappyBluebird: I won't update until/if AF rears her ugly head. It's still totally possible! Fingers crossed.

17. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@cmomma17: FX AF stays away!!!

18. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@cmomma17: I have learned that anything and everything is possible when TTC! TTC is such a rollercoaster of emotions. One minute I am convinced I am KU and the next I think I am totally out. How many day(s) late are you for AF?

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@cmomma17: It's totally possible that you could just be spotting and not "out"! And @simplyfelicity: is right....even if you were out this month, you'd still be huge at Christmas if you were due in Feb. I had my first in Feb and was giant at Christmas!

20. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

Well ladies, as of this morning I am officially out! CD1 here! No worries though, the positives are now I can start tracking my cycles and knowing exactly where I am! DH and I also are focusing on all the positives of a potential February baby!
    I hope NONE of you follow me to the June thread. Much love, luck and baby dust to you all!!!

21. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@cmomma17: Awwww...I'm sorry! I admire your attitude a lot! Your BFP is right around the corner.

22. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@cmomma17: Good luck in June!

23. sorrycharlie

@cmomma17: a little valentines baby!

24. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

Nothing to update over here yet. CD 35. Expect AF sometime soon. Too afraid to test and get a BFN, because I can't handle a day stuck in a funk.

25. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Radish: Ditto - just holding out for AF at this point!

26. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@sorrycharlie: exactly!!!

27. Annette

cherry / 203 posts

Hi ladies! Although not a BFP, I did get some very good news today. I got the results of my blood tests and ultrasound back from my doctor (as a result of my super long cycles and 1 day AF), and everything came back normal with no signs of PCOS or other hormonal imbalances! Looks like everything is ok for now and we just need to keep getting down to business! Yay!

28. sorrycharlie

@Annette: woohoo!!

29. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@cmomma17: I hope you get your BFP soon! (A February loooooove child!)

@Annette: Yay!!

Thanks everyone! DH totally did not remember that I was supposed to POAS over the weekend. And even though he spent the last five days solo parenting a rambunctious kid with a snotty cold, he had roses and wine waiting for me when I got home last night. (I brought out the two Mickey Mouses that I bought...one of them was even a baby Mickey in a swaddle...and he didn't "get it" until I told him I couldn't have any wine. :p)

30. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Espion: ahhhh, how sweet is that!

31. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Annette: Great news!!

@Espion: That's so sweet!

32. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@Espion: okay you and your DH are both too cute

33. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@Annette: Great news!!
    @Espion: super sweet!!

i am officially a rollover. AF came a couple days early. Good luck to y'all the rest of May!!!

34. Gigi2

cherry / 132 posts

@Espion: so cute, congrats!

@CMomma17: sorry to hear, but your attitude is awesome! Good luck!!! Wishing you all the best for your Feb wee one.

@Eabae: sorry to hear. Wishing you lots of luck!

35. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Annette: That IS great news - get to it, lady!

@eabae: Boo, sorry you're out... here's to June!

36. sorrycharlie

@Espion: awww!!

37. fotolori1

apricot / 386 posts

Hi everyone!!!! I havent been on here in forever and it looks like May has been a great month!!! I have been so busy planning our wedding that ttc kind of fell to the back burner. We have been together for 4 years, engaged for 2 and since I am OLD... I just turned 40 this month, we decided to start trying last year. We have been through lots of fertility treatments and nothing yet, but we are having an IUI in July! We are getting married June 23rd and the cycle right after that we are hopefully going to be pregnant! I am excited and extremely nervous! I have 2 boys, but my fiance has no children. So fingers crossed!

I was talking to a lady at my son's baseball game the other day and on her first cycle with clomid and her first IUI, she got pregnant with 5.... yes... FIVE babies! All 5 are happy and healthy. I seriously think I would DIE if this happened to us! Hahaha!!!

Good luck everyone!!!!! I will be here cheering you all on!

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

January/February Mamas
    MrsHansen82 KeepCalmCarrie MrsTiger ValentineMommy Pumuckl SorryCharlie Gigi2 Espion
    May-Bee Mamas
    15 Radish
    17 Raspberries
    18 Happybluebird, Googly-eyes
    21 NerdBee
    22 LIL BEAN
    25 lilyofthewest
    26 Tidybee
    29 sunset840
    30 Mrs. Coral, MrsB2012
    31 Aria, As Time Goes By, Angelachase, Simplyfelicity
    TBD: intotheocean
    Rollover to future BFPs:
    Annette, HeartAbandoned, HellonHeels, Crystal, Tam, marzipan, MaryM, pinkcupcake, MrsMcCarthy, drjolene, sheskrafty, MrsStar, EABAE, CMOMMA17

39. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Radish: Wishing you tons of luck, lady!

40. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@fotolori1: That`s exacting! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! WOW! Five babies?!?!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee