Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 POAS

1. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Cole: I know, it's horrible!! This month has just been a mess anyways, I'm on the second month of a 30+ day cycle when I've always been super regular at 28 days. I'm going to try to hold out til later in the week, but for some reason I'm not feeling super optimistic. We only got O-2 & O-1 and then DH got the stomach flu! Hopefully that's not super horrible timing though.

2. jaybee28

pea / 15 posts

Hello everyone! Long time stalker but finally joining for moral support. DH and I are TTC baby #2! DS is 13 months old and still breastfeeding, but I fiiiinally got my first post partum period 2 weeks ago. Not sure if my cycles are back to normal to where we can even conceive yet, but we are trying!

3. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

Argh day 38 and still waiting for this cycle to be over. I took a Clearblue test too in case my cheapie hpt was faulty. Hurry up and be over!

4. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@jaybee28: welcome! Do you know when u will start poas?

@Tubbs: o no! Hope u find answers soon!

5. jaybee28

pea / 15 posts

Probably 10/24, unless I get a positive on an OPK that allows me to more exactly pinpoint O!

6. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

I had dreams all night about being pregnant & getting a positive pregnancy test. So weird. Of course I woke up & took a cheapie test---BFN. I'm either 7 or 8 dpo so hopefully something comes up this week!

7. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@MommySLP: We only got O-2 & O-1 this month as well. DH was working late on my O day and was too tired when he got home. I know in the past few months though, we've hit O-3, O-2, O-1 and O and still no BFP, so maybe less is more? lol I'll keep telling myself that

3DPO here and I promised myself I'd really try to chill out these next 10+ days. Of course it's my slow time at work, which is where I do most of my obsessing, so hopefully I can find ways to keep busy.

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

13 dpo and BFN again. I'm done testing just waiting on AF now. I'm three days longer than my last LP which is nice but starting to drive me crazy. Hopefully it's not a repeat of my first cycle which was 36days!

@Tubbs: I feel you!

9. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@BeatlesFan629: Dh is on night float this month and working 4pm to midnight Sunday through Wednesday, and then 10pm to 8am Thursdays. It's starting to sink in that this might not be our month...

10. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

I can feel the frustration is shared by each of us for so many different reasons. *Hugs to you all*

11. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

@tubbs: second! big hugs indeed

12. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

I'm 9DPO today, and I'm almost 90% sure I'm not pregnant this cycle. I just have a feeling...also my boobs are getting less and less sore...so progesterone must be on the decline. Trying to mentally prepare myself for getting my period on my birthday, such a bummer. I have no idea what to do next. Had a talk with DH last night that was less than good. Tried to talk him into getting an SA after New Years which will be the 9 month mark. =[

13. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@Banana330: Oh no! I'm so sorry =[

14. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@MommySLP: that happened to me last month and I did the same thing. I was disappointed that my dream wasn't true.

15. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@jaybee28: Welcome! Do you have a poas date?

16. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Temp drop and AF showed up this morning... 13 day LP is better than 10, but messes with your mind. It's amazing once it's clear it's not your month, the calm and acceptance just clears the crazy away. Fingers crossed for everyone else this month.

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

We still have lots of ladies for a BFP!

Congrats to our BFP's [:bfp:] **msmilkshake, MrsF, tequiero21, Winnie13**

Oct 5 - Tubbs
    Oct 9 - Cole
    Oct 14 - MommySLP
    Oct 16 - Tionn3
    Oct 17 - JHD
    Oct 18 - Ottilie
    Oct 21 - BeatlesFan629
    Oct 24 - jaybee28
    Oct 25 - Mrs. Cotton Candy
    Oct 26 - Petitduck
    Oct 27 - MrsD2442
    Oct 28 - Knittylady
    Oct 31 - Mrs. Blush

Cheerleaders! - Bibliolove, yellowbeach, bizwitch

18. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@Banana330: I'm sorry I'm glad your LP wasn't so short this time though.

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@BeatlesFan629: thanks. It's kinda nice just to have an answer... hopefully next time.

20. jaybee28

pea / 15 posts

@banana330 I think 10/24, but I have not gotten a positive OPK yet so that may change!

21. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Good luck to everyone still waiting to test
    I am counting down to my next O, hopefully it happens again otherwise probably looking to see a RE, but I won't know for a little bit longer. The wait to O is almost as bad as the TWW

22. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

This month hasn't turned out at all how I expected. DH's busiest time at work is September/October and he had to go out of town for a week. LO got hand, foot, and mouth and passed it to DH. Not much BD here and when we did probably wasn't anywhere near O.

23. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@jhd: it sucks when life gets in the way of ttc.

24. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

BFN this morning at 10DPO. Husband wants to take a break after only 6 months, and wants me to stop taking opks. I don't know how I feel about it. I feel like it's too early to stop doing that, and it's upsetting that he seems to think that if we stop tracking we will just magically get pregnant. I've tried to explain to him that you have to have sex around ovulation, but it's like he's in denial. It's like he wants an opps baby, but that is just not realistic. It is so frustrating! I may be amicable to taking November and December off, but...once January rolls around I'd want to go back to my opks.

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Tionn3: if you ovulate around the same time every month then just using your cycle days should be fine. If you don't you could track but don't tell him anything and just initiate. My dh doesn't really like the pressure of knowing especially after doing if for a few months. He'd rather just think I find him irresistible

26. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@Banana330: It doesn't appear that I ovulate the same time every month, Ive ovulated as early as CD 13 and as late as CD 16, so I guess it's a 4 day window, so not too bad. In past cycles where I was tracking with BBT and we weren't trying, I guess we always managed to have sex at least once or twice before ovulation, so...I don't know. I guess I should at least attempt to take a break until January, and definitely on our vacation during the Christmas and new year holiday.

27. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Tionn3: I vote for doing what @Banana330: suggests if you can't use opks...or just keep using them and keep it to yourself so he doesn't stress?

I'm annoyed and confused. I'm sitting at cd17 and have been using cheapie opks (one step brand) and haven't had a positive yet. A few days ago I had a faint second line and then the next day nothing. The next day a really really faint second line and the same in the evening then nothing. I am getting the squintiest of squinted second lines on the opks. My period is due in 13 days according to the Ovia app. What gives?! I feel like based on cm and cervix I should have or be ovulating around now. And I've tried doing the opks in the afternoon and evening sometimes twice a day.

28. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@jhd: disappointing for sure.

29. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@Petitduck: Maybe it's just a bad batch of opk's or you are having a wonky cycle? Last month I had a really hard time getting a positive opk, actually thinking about it now, I don't think it was ever really positive, but I did get a temp shift. You can definitely ovulate without getting a positive opk.

30. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

31. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Tionn3: thanks, hoping I already have and am now in a tww, sigh. I think I'm not going to bother with these next month!

32. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Banana330: =( sorry to hear. lots of luck next cycle!!!

33. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@Tionn3: Sorry about the BFN. DH actually made similar comments last night (even though I'm only 4dpo, but he's thinking ahead). Like others have suggested, my plan is to use opk's without him knowing and look out for ewcm then jump his bones lol.

@Petitduck: Ugh, that's frustrating. I was always told to trust cm before an opk though. Have you tried testing in the mornings? I've only ever gotten a positive opk around 10-11am.

34. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@BeatlesFan629: My husband gets suspicious when I do that. It's like I can't win. He is upset that we are having too much sex in too little of a time frame. I tried to remind him that even when we weren't trying, I didn't really have much desire in the second half of my cycle, that's just the way hormones work. I even had the data to prove it!

35. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

@tionn3 @banana330: sorry guys about the BFNs that stinks!

36. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

Tomorrow should be my first fertile day, and the first time I'll use OPKs! We're very excited/nervous!!!!

37. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Petitduck: I second try smu in mornings. The last two months I've been getting my positive around 10am but my evening ones were almost positive which encouraged me to test the next morning.

38. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@BeatlesFan629: @Banana330: I'll give that a shot. Weird because I remember reading the afternoon is best.

@Mrs. Blush: good luck, have fun!

39. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@Petitduck: I usually get a positive after 10am. So I pee first thing in the morning, and then hold it till 10 or 11.

40. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Banana330: @Petitduck: thanks for "listening"! i'm definitely a little disappointed but trying not to think about it. doesn't help that i had a dream last night i got a bfp! why is it that ttc takes over our brains, even while sleeping?!?!

@Mrs. Blush: good luck!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee