Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

POAS 2021

1. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@periwinklebee: congrats to you! How exciting ☺

2. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@periwinklebee: whoah! Missed your post earlier. What time is your us???

3. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bhbee: @Jessiemuller88: @yellowbeach: Thanks so much!

I measured 6 weeks, which is pretty much spot on with my LMP, and there was a heartbeat. They also saw an SCH and said that is associated with an increased risk of miscarriage - although it doesn't necessarily mean you'll miscarry - so they want me to come back for another scan in 2 weeks to see if things are still okay. I actually had an SCH in the past that resulted from a confirmed genetic abnormality incompatible with life, so I know that risk is very much there, but I know lots of people with SCH go on to have normal pregnancies. I'm older, so the risk of miscarriage is high anyways... I haven't had any bleeding with it yet, so now I feel like I'm just waiting for it, ugh....

It was pretty much torture because they booked me with the overflow clinic, that normally does things like ultrasounds for knee injuries but can take overflow pregnancy patients. The techs are literally not allowed to comment during the scan because they don't have the appropriate certification, and say you'll have to wait for the interpretation until they finish the measurements and page the doctor to analyze it. Thankfully they have space at the normal US clinic for the followup.

4. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@periwinklebee: so glad for a heartbeat and another look in 2 weeks! Waiting is so hard ... all the hugs

I get a tiny bit jealous of the positive tests (since we are definitely done) but then I remember all the torture that comes with it

5. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bhbee: Thank you We are definitely biologically programmed to remember the sweetness of cuddling a newborn and to completely forget the nausea, the uncertainty, and everything else. This is my fourth time going through first tri so you'd think I'd remember all of that, but I think somehow I blocked it all out (again!)

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@periwinklebee: so glad you had such a good ultrasound yesterday 💜

Here’s my progression so far... kinda wish I knew when I OVed. Beta in the AM tomorrow. Fortunately I work 4p-11p tonight to keep my mind busy.

7. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@yellowbeach: Holy canoli, lady!!! Congrats!! Keeping everything crossed for you that the numbers rise nicely! Hopped on here to check in/semi-stalk and saw this!!

@periwinklebee: Congratulations!!!

Update on me - I am currently 16 weeks along with our second daughter. TTC only took us 3 months this time, so thankful for that!

8. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@yellowbeach: Also, happy to hear it is just a cyst!!

9. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LabradorLover: yay!!! So much good news!

10. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@yellowbeach: that looks good! Fx for the next beta!!

@LabradorLover: Yay for 16 weeks!! 💕💕

11. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@yellowbeach: Awesome progression!!!

@LabradorLover: Congratulations, wonderful news!

12. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

Omg so much good news here!!

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Headed for second beta in about two hours. Feeling cautiously optimistic.

14. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@yellowbeach: your progression looks great!

15. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@yellowbeach: those tests look awesome!! Forgive me if you have mentioned but does DH know yet? I know you said he was talking about a third recently but before that said no more. Good luck today!

16. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LabradorLover: I called him upstairs to see the tests as soon as I took a second one Sunday night. I wish I could say he was excited but he immediately started stressing about finances which feels silly bc we make plenty. But those are his feelings so I don’t want to dismiss them. I just wish he’d be a bit more excited.

I even had a thought running through my head that this time around I might have my mom in the room with me too as DH wasn’t a tremendous cheerleader during our last labor either. It’s just not really his nature, and I think he’s going through his own stuff right now anyway... I wish he’d be more excited but it is what it is for now.

Part of me thinks if this ends in a loss the bright side would be relief for him and less stress on our marriage... but in my mind I just wish I could flip a switch and make him excited. I’m nervous too so I don’t expect kittens and rainbows, but maybe just some acknowledgement of how rare and special this is after having gone through so much IVF to get DS.

17. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Beta doubled from 25–>58!

18. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@yellowbeach: Fantastic news!!!!

19. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@yellowbeach: beautiful numbers and progression! My dh had a hard time getting excited for #3 especially ... it definitely hurt my feelings some because we’d already gone through a hard loss (for me) and months of trying again. I think he also freaked out about the practical matters of having 3. But he has adored her since birth and they have a special bond. So no advice for the short term (except come be excited on here!) but I hope it improves with time

20. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@bhbee: thank you. That’s exactly what I needed to hear I’m so glad your DH warmed up.

21. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@yellowbeach: congrats on a great beta! My DH took a lot of time and convincing to go for #2. He was happy when we had a successful pregnancy, but I think he was happy for me and not about another baby necessarily, if that makes sense. The first few months were a little up and down, which is normal, but pretty quickly they developed a great bond and are super cute together.

22. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

@yellowbeach: look at you, all pregnant again!!! Yayyyyyyy! Congrats. I´m sure hubby will be so excited after a little shock!

23. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@yellowbeach: I hear you. My husband was worried about finances as soon as I told him about baby #2 even though we were actively trying. He went from yay to immediately oh man I’m worried about money and I said can we deal with that tomorrow and just be excited tonight?!?! So I can understand what you’re going through. Hopefully he comes around and you don’t have any issues!!

24. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Hmm no real progression this morning... trying not to read too much into it.

25. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@yellowbeach: I would say I see some progression today but also as someone who has done so many frers ... there is always a visual slowdown around that point. Two days apart is always a better comparison! Hugs that first week of waiting is torture!

26. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@bhbee: thanks. I remember with DS I had a pack of FRER that was quite different than the rest. Gave me a good freak out at the time. Opened a new pack and things were back on track. Fortunately I have another beta tomorrow morning.

27. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: I was also going to say I see some progression there, and agree that different packs can give different results for sure. Congratulations, if I haven't said it yet!

And I'm sure your husband will come around. Is he someone who would respond well to a budget? Even if you just had a little check in now that he's had a minute to sit with it to talk through his concerns and find some savings--meet him half way.

28. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@karenbme: that’s a great idea... he’s definitely been processing since I told him the news as he came to me a few days later and mentioned we’ll also need new cars. I should check in with him.

Third beta this morning but haven’t liked my tests the last two days. So a bit nervous.

29. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@yellowbeach: I feel like your progression looks really good! FX for good numbers this morning!

30. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: Those lines look so good! And, yes there are a million other costs beyond the obvious that come with a bigger family, if there are certain things he's stressing about those are things you can plan for since you've got 9 months. Good luck with your bloodwork today!

31. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@yellowbeach: I think that test looks right on track! Another two days and you’ll be stealing color from the control

with the beta!

32. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Y’all!

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: WOW! Congratulations! Those numbers look great Wishing you a smooth and joyful pregnancy

34. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@JennyPenny: Thank you - now I just need some friends to join me over on the Dec 2021 due date board

35. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@yellowbeach: yay!!! This is great!!

36. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@yellowbeach: fantastic news! Congrats momma!!

37. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: Congratulations!

RE:due date threads, I have serious baby fever, and once DH and I are both vaccinated (soon!) hopefully I'll see you over there. I doubt there are enough of us anymore for monthly, but I'm hoping to be pregnant basically the day after I get my second shot, so not a december baby but hopefuly Feb or March

38. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@yellowbeach: I just randomly clicked on this thread. What a pleasant surprise! Thank you so much for posting. I am so excited for you! I am almost 44 and done TTC, but I had twins at 41. I also remember your history with TTC your #2. Congratulations!

39. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@karenbme: Ooo that’s exciting! Well, when the time comes we’ll just make a group that spans a few months.

40. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@ElbieKay: Thank you so much. I unfortunately think I still carry a lot of trauma and worry from that whole adventure. Speaking of... @SamsMom where are you?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee