Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2013 POAS

1. Bao

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22276 posts

Wow September already, good luck guys!

2. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@babycanuck: You can put me down for Saturday September 7! I'll be 13DPO by then (assuming FF is right this cycle...), just like POAS on weekends only I have my annual ob/gyn on Wednesday September 4 (I'll be 9DPO) and I assume they'll want to test me then so we'll see.

3. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

Wow, it sure is difficult to catch up when you aren't at your computer for a whole day!!! I finally got my temperature jump on Tuesday, so I'm going to tell myself that I officially O'd and will keep my POAS date for September 9

@mamacate: things have been better sleep-wise the past week, so temping has been a bit easier! Although I seem to wake up at 5 am everyday for no reason (and then fall back asleep) so that is when I take my temp. DH sure loves hearing that thermometer beep at 5 am Not nursing anymore so I can't help with knowing if it affects your chart

@LindsayInNY: Yay! I will probably totally cave and test early so maybe we will end up testing on the same day

4. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

Officially joining the September thread!

Cycles Trying: 3
    Current Cycle Day: CD2
    Estimated Ovulation Date: ??? I have no idea now that my most recent cycle was 3 days shorter than normal. Somewhere between September 11th-September 15th (CD16-CD20)
    POAS Date: ?? Maybe September 24th
    BD Timing: EOD my fertile week + ovulation day.
    Anything new or extra this cycle?
    Link to your chart (if you have one and want to share)
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Littlebit

I have a feeling this cycle is going to be super confusing

5. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@pui: Wow, that is early! I would probably keep BDing just in case. I hate getting 3 of the same temps..I feel like my thermometer is dying when it happens! But so far, that's never been the case! I got three in a row the first week past ovulation last cycle.

6. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@cookie_dough: glad sleep is going better for both of us--hope it stays that way. I am not going to worry about nursing until it seems like a problem so hopefully it will all work out. Good luck in the tww!

7. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

So...random OPK question. Is comparing your OPKs to last cycle's a reliable way of seeing how close O is?

Last month was my first cycle using the Wondfo strip OPKs, because I wanted to see the progression of the line getting darker, which you really don't get as much with the digitals I'd been using previously. So, since I was looking for the progression, I saved all of my OPKs, all lined up and taped to a sheet of paper (which is probably crazy, but whatevs, I know you ladies will understand!). Now I'm wondering, can I compare my OPKs this cycle to last cycle's OPKs, or is that not a reliable way of seeing how close O might be?

8. deactivated_account

GOLD / pomegranate / 3938 posts

@Sprite: I am totally hestitant to even rely on current OPKs! My first cycle TTC produced a positive OPK on CD10. (umm... early, i know.) My second cycle TTC produced a positive OPK on CD13 and now during my third cycle TTC I received a positive OPK on CD14. So I don't know if I would ever look back on these previous three months to try to predict the current month. That's just my opinion.

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Sprite: I wouldn't compare. First off, the color on the strips will/should fade over time so last month's strips won't look the same as this month's. Also, after two long and wonky cycles, mine seemed to normalize to the point where I knew I Oed later so I wouldn't start OPKs until CD15. I would get a +OPK around CD18-21. Last cycle was the exception when I Oed on CD28 so it's really hard to rely on previous cycles unless you know you're regular.

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@LindsayInNY: yay to 9/7 lucky number 7

11. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@LindsayInNY: @Anandam: @FaithFertility: Sending extra luck to you ladies since Sept 7th is my birthday!

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@SweetiePie: ♥♥

13. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

I caved in and took a cheapo dollar store hpt today, 10 dpo, bfn
    haha.

14. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@babycanuck: awww don't worry, just wait a few days and test again!!

15. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Why hello TWW. My how I've missed you...

Officially at 3 DPO. Aiming to POAS next weekend - Saturday the 7th (12DPO) or Sunday the 8th (13DPO). My annual gyno appointment is next Wednesday and I'll be 9DPO there. I know they'll ask if there's a possibility I'm pregnant but it will probably be too early to show up on a test. Maybe I can get them to do a blood test?

I'm really fearful that this will be the cycle to lead me to tears if it's another BFN one =/ I don't know what else we could have done this cycle...

16. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

Your chart looks really good! I hope you get a BFP very soon!

17. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@LindsayInNY: Crossing my fingers for you!!

18. pui

bananas / 9899 posts

No positive OPK yet... I hope I'm just Oing later than I expected...

19. doxielove

persimmon / 1388 posts

@LindsayInNY: Eeek, loving those cross hairs!!

Stalking until Saturday. Love you ladies, but I really, really don't want to join here!

20. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@LindsayInNY: Everything looks great for your chart! Is there any way you can push your gyno appointment back a week? My office doesn't do blood work (I have to go to a lab) so asking for early bloodwork wouldn't work for me.

21. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@LindsayInNY: your chart looks great so far! what a nice clear temperature rise

I'm not really sure what to make of my chart. My temperatures seem so erratic. I'm definitely not sleeping very well, so that could be part of it. According to temperature alone, I'm 3DPO and when I add in what I THINK were positive OPKs (still not sure), I'm 5 DPO!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32f65f (hopefully I'm linking my chart correctly, I've never done it before!)

Does anyone else feel like they sleep terribly knowing that they have to take their temperature as soon as they wake up? I feel like I wake up 5 times a night because I'm paranoid that I'm going to forget to take it in the morning!

22. pui

bananas / 9899 posts

@cookie_dough: I TOTALLY do that (The wake up multiple times worried I'll miss my chance to temp). It's so annoying!

23. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@Pui: I usually stop temping after I'm sure I O'd so that I can finally get a good night sleep again!! That, and I HATE seeing my temp dip before AF. I think I prefer seeing a BFN or AF to seeing that temp dip. Hoping that you O very very soon

24. doxielove

persimmon / 1388 posts

@cookie_dough: Hmm, my best guess is you O'd on CD15, making you 3DPO. I agree, the restless sleep could definitely be affecting your temps, though.

25. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@doxielove: I love you but I don't want you here either!!

@T.H.O.U.: I thought about that last cycle because if I had Oed when I expected it, AF would've been here next week. I don't think I'll be able to reschedule without having to wait. My doctor just got back from maternity leave and I try and get the last appointment of the day =/ It's an ob/gyn office so I would think they could do blood tests. I know they've done other blood work on me before. I guess I'm being optimistic, LOL!

@cookie_dough: How long have you been charting? It's possible that your post-O temp spike is a bit more subtle than others? I'm skeptical now because usually my temp is a bit higher post-O. Last month's wacky cycle has me doubting everything now!

26. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@doxielove: thanks! Ya, that's what I'm thinking too...although I was really hoping I was already 5DPO to make the TWW go by a bit faster O-ing on CD13 would have been pretty early for me, so CD15 makes more sense.

27. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@cookie_dough: Yes! I sleep horribly! Especially around O time..when I'm hoping I have a temp rise in the am!

28. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@LindsayInNY: This is my first cycle charting this time around, but I charted for about 10 cycles before I had DD. I know that I shouldn't compare with my charts from that time around, since everything can change after pregnancy, but it's hard not to. They definitely weren't as erratic when I used to chart!

I wouldn't worry too much about your temp not being as high, as long as you see a rise (but that's just my non-expert opinion). Could it be a little cooler when you are sleeping? I'm sure that even a small difference in the room temperature could make your BBT lower.

29. deactivated_account

Girls! I think I felt a baby kick in my belly! Wait.... No.... I'm only 2 DPO. Darn TWW symptom spotting.

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@cookie_dough: Oh, absolutely re: the temperature. I started noting on my chart when we sleep with the AC on versus off. When I started charting, we used an electric blanket some nights so I really think room/outside temperatures definitely make a difference despite what others might say!

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsMcD: Bahaha you're crazy!! I love it. I'm 3 DPO over here POAS twins again!

32. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@MrsMcD lol! I feel like this too! I keep thinking "Am I KU?? or is that AF?? wtf is going on??"

I don't have any trouble sleeping with the charting going on, I just don't know what to take of the charts!

33. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@LindsayInNY: your chart looks great! Fx for you!

@cookie_dough: funny--i would rather see the temp drop than a bfn or surprise af.

34. deactivated_account

@pui: I hope you get your positive OPK soon.

@doxielove: I hope you stay off the September POAS board!!

@LindsayInNY: I love being twins with you! And I'm so impressed with your BDing, by the way. Get it, girl!

@babycanuck: I think I'm knocked up about 38 times a day. And now DH walks around the house saying "I think you're pregnant right now." I fluctuate between thinking he's so cute and wanting to punch him in the face.

35. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@MrsMcD LOL!!! Earlier this week I went home and told DH that my boobs were sore, and had to explain that some ladies get it before AF and some when they're KU and he goes "HAVEN'T YOU PEED ON A STICK YET!" then had to explain THAT part to him
    lol

36. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsMcD: It was PreSeed induced BDing I think that's the only way I was able to still walk, LOL! Even DH was exhausted after the 4 days in a row.

37. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

wishing you ladies all kinds of good luck this month!

38. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm no expert, but your chart looks good.

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@littlek: I need a chart expert up in here!!

40. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee