Did you find it to be a hassle? I've never used one because we pay our in-laws just via grocery gift card, but now with preschool expenses, I think it would be wise?

This paragraph on the website intimidates me:
"Please save your receipts and other supporting documentation related to your DCFSA expenses and claims. The IRS may request itemized receipts to verify the eligibility of your expenses. When submitting a DCFSA claim, either have your dependent care provider certify the service by signing the claim form or provide an itemized statement from the dependent care provider that includes service dates, dependent's name, type of service, amount billed, and the provider's name and address along with a completed claim form. Credit card receipts, canceled checks, and balance forward statements do not meet the requirements for acceptable documentation."

I'm usually financially savvy and confident, but I'm just unsure. I have an HSA and know the ins and outs of that, so is it similar?

Do you pay your childcare provider by FSA card, or write a check from the account, or pay with your own accounts and then get reimbursed?