I just had a chemical pregnancy. It was also my first cycle postpartum (finally, 16 months after!).

My midwife recommended waiting one cycle before TTC again. When questioned, the only reasons she could give were simplifying dating (flimsy reason IMO, especially since I chart) and letting things "reset". She also said it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't wait and got pregnant right away.

I am seriously leaning toward not waiting a cycle. First, it was a super early loss. Had I not tested early, I never would have even known about the chemical; the test turned negative by 12 dpo. I'm thinking that my body can't be thrown that far off from such a brief encounter with pregnancy. And I'm thinking my body will ovulate when it's ready again.

Did anyone else forgo waiting?