Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: How are you doing?

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

I have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel (had it with DS1 also) and its the worst!!!!!!! I can't sleep at night between hand pain and general discomfort. Pity party of 1 over here!

3. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Ugh, I'm sorry! Both of my boys have sinus infections and I have a touch of it, too. Last week, I pinched a nerve in my neck/shoulder and it hurt to move my head any direction (which was super fun when I couldn't sleep and had to roll over 8481956 times). It's not been a fun time at my house lately 😩

4. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Did my 3 hr GD test yesterday and passed! Woohoo! I'm slightly anemic, so I need to get an iron supplement. I can't wait for this weekend and my DD'S 3rd birthday. I'm hoping it won't rain so we can have it at the park like we planned. I'm looking forward to it being done and getting this nursery done!

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Congrats! That's great news! And happy birthday to your DD

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas

April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1 ) - 31w3d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1 ) - 31w0d
    April 7: Cordie (#1 ) - 30w5d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1 ) - 30w2d
    April 13: PeaceLily (#1) - 29w6d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2) - 29w6d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3 ) - 29w4d
    April 17: littleblessings (#3 ) - 29w2d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2 ) - 29w1d
    April 19: bubblegum (#2 ) - 29w0d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2 ) - 28w5d
    April 22: MissLace (#2 ) - 28w4d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 28w2d
    April 25: betsyr25 (#2) - 28w1d
    April 26: psw27 (#2 ) - 28w0d
    April 26: ValentineMommy (#3 ) - 28w0d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2 ) - 27w6d
    April 28: justjules (#2 ) - 27w5d
    May 10: lilteacherbee (#3 ) - 26w0d

: 8 : 6 : 1

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm so tired of being uncomfortable! Is it April yet?! Lol

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Whoohoo! Congrats on passing! When is your DD's birthday? DS1 is having his 4th birthday (party) this weekend - his birthday is Monday!

8. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@ValentineMommy: Her birthday falls on Saturday this year, so her party will be the same day. She's really excited because we're getting a petting zoo with hedgehogs, bunnies, guinea pigs, etc. We decided to go big for the last birthday before baby sister gets here.

Anyone else having thoughts about coming home outfits? I'm thinking of getting matching shirts for the girls to wear home together. Although, I don't know if DD1 will be at the hospital with us or not. But maybe they can wear it when they meet for the first time. I found these on etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/273821778/big-sister-little-sister-set-big-sister?ref=shop_home_active_2

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: That's awesome and will be so much fun!!! Our party is on Saturday too, but we're doing a small one with his best friends, with old school games (pinata, pin the tail, etc). This mama is way too tired for a big party lol Those matching outfits are ADORABLE! I love them! DS1 was with us when we brought DS2 home, but I'm not sure if it will be too much to have both of the boys with us when we bring DD home this time. DS2 is not that patient, and the checking out process took forever, if I recall correctly. This is the dress we got for DD to come home in

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/baby-starters-reg-2-piece-asymmetrical-bodysuit-dress-with-headband-in-coral/3309083?Keyword=baby+starters+dress

10. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Woohoo! Happy birthday to your LO! That sounds like an amazing birthday party!

@ValentineMommy: aw happy birthday to your LO too!

As for coming home outfits, my LO came home in these really cute footie jammies from Baby Gap so I'm trying to decide if he should wear those like his big brother, or if I should get something new. I didn't really have a plan last time since LO was so early and on the small side when he came home (about 5.5 lbs). I'm hoping this baby will go to term and be bigger, so maybe need something else!

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Oh I like the idea of them wearing the same thing. I might steal that! We didn't put DS in anything particularly special, just my favorite of the onesies he had. April weather here is pretty unpredictable though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a way with a short-sleeve onesie or not.

12. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Oh yeah, I hear ya on April weather - it could be 30 or 80 here...

13. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

Unfortunately I failed my glucose test and have gestational diabetes. I did not have it last time so I'm nervous. I am meeting with a nutrition counselor next week. A little intimidated by thought of planning and preparing 5-6 healthy meals each day but I know it'll be good for me. I've been struggling with a lot of back pain so I was already feeling kind of down.

14. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: oh no! I'm sorry to hear this! Hopefully the nutritionist has some practical, helpful advice!!

15. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: oh no! I'm sorry to hear that!

16. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: @abbydabbydoodlebug: Happy birthday to your LOs!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: DS1 came home in a monogrammed gown and DS2 had a special sleeper. I'm not sure yet what we'll do this time!

@JennyPenny: Ugh, this weather is crazy. I think it's been 40-70 just this week 🙄 I'm near the beach, so I'm hoping it will be warm when this baby is born. My last one was an August baby and it was HOT!

@MOMTOLITTLEB: Oh no, I'm sorry! I had GD with my oldest and I was upset for awhile, too. It didn't end up being too bad, though. Mine was easily controlled by diet and while I wasn't a fan of thinking about every single thing I ate (and pricking my fingers wasn't exactly fun), it did force me to make better choices and I only gained 25lbs.

17. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Just to update everyone. I'm still pregnant. The Dr sees no reason to have me on full restrictions like I had been. He said baby is healthy and so am I. It was likely stress induced contractions. If it happens again I am to go to the hospital and then we will talk full bedrest.

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: same here! I'm loving it though. This mild January means I've been getting more exercise. It was 70 today but is gonna be in the 40s this weekend... My LO was an Aug babe too so I'm so pumped about a milder maternity leave!

@MOMTOLITTLEB: Bummer! I hope the new diet will help you to feel better. I always thought it's so weird they don't do the test till this late, but I guess the plus is you only have to worry about it a few months...

@littleblessings: whew! That's great news. Hope everything stays low stress with no more premature labor scares.

19. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

Thanks everyone, I think I am less upset than I would have been in my first pregnancy. My sister had GD last year and her little girl was perfectly healthy, no complications with the birth or otherwise. I am a little surprised since I've gained less with this pregnancy so far and baby and belly have measured on track- I was always measuring ahead last time! I guess that is not much of an indicator.

@littleblessings: I'm glad you are doing ok and very glad you are still pregnant! It would be a long time to be on full bedrest, I hope you don't have to worry about that for awhile at least!

20. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: Phew! I'm glad you had a good appointment. It's so hard to remember to take it easy and not get stressed out when you have little ones at home!

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: Interesting. I've always wondered why they don't test only women who are showing the symptoms but I guess that's not a reliable indicator.

22. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@JennyPenny: I have PCOS so that is a risk factor but I've actually been on metformin for my entire pregnancy and between pregnancies, I learned that I respond very well to metformin for PCOS (this baby was a bit of a happy surprise.) I definitely would have thought I was higher risk last time so I guess maybe it's hard to determine.

23. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I need to make a list of things of mine to pack.

24. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: I've been thinking about a hospital bag as well. I never packed one last time since I went so early/spontaneously. I would like to be better prepared this time! What do you usually bring?

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Here's my full list from last time.

Paperwork
    pillows
    Baby book for footprint keepsake
    Makeup
    Hair dryer
    Camera
    breast pump
    boppy
    labor supplies (like massage lotion)
    Snacks/Drinks
    Books/magazines
    Speakers for music
    Robe
    Slippers
    Socks
    lip balm
    Toothbrush/toothpaste/toiletries/hairdryer
    Nursing gown
    Nursing pads
    Nursing bra
    Going home outfits (baby and mom)
    Baby blankets
    accessories for keeping hair out of face
    shower flip flops
    reusable tote (for stealing hospital goodies)
    phone chargers
    camera charger

Definitely a few things I'd scratch off that list this time around, but you've done this before too so you probably know what those are

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Looking at this list makes me think I want a cute nursing outfit for the hospital. Something like a hospital gown for easy access to all the things, but cuter for when there's company. Anyone have anything they love?

27. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: awesome list! I was also thinking I would like some cute new nursing friendly pajamas to wear while I am there. Last time was such a blur! I definitely was happy I brought flip flops/slippers cause I didn't want to walk on the gross hospital floors.

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

I've been working on my list. I have a really long one, since with my csec, I'm there for 5 days!

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Just did some searching and I think this looks awesome!

https://www.amazon.com/Kindred-Bravely-Angelina-Maternity-Nightgown/dp/B01KUGNZM8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1486065020&sr=8-4&keywords=maternity+nightgown

ETA: The reviews got me - I got 2!

30. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: That's cute! I would totally just wear that as a dress hahaha.... Pink Blush has some super pretty robes that I don't really need but like a lot: http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/n-17-robes.aspx

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Wow, those are so pretty they put me in a state of shopper paralysis. How to possibly pick!

32. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Everyone writing how comfy they are is luring me in too.... Probably cause I'm at work and dying to be home in comfy jammies!

33. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I know... so many pretty patterns. I'm not even that girlie but something about them makes me want a pink floral robe!

34. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Yeah, also the photos in the reviews I thought were flattering on all the body types - pregnant and postpartum. Plus a lot of people said they used it at the hospital and it was great. I figured worst case - free returns!

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: I am super drawn to feminine florals but feel silly wearing them to work or out and about. So a floral robe calls deep to my soul

36. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: @JennyPenny: I got one of their floral maxi dresses for my sprinkle. SO comfy. I love their stuff!!

37. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I'm making my list. Mostly necessities. With Nova's bag I'm packing a warm and cold weather outfit. Both in preemie and newborn sizes. I tend to have small babies. I live where it could either snow or be hotter than crud when I have her.

38. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'm actually wearing a floral shirt from there today that my sister in law got me. I've gotten so many compliments already (although it makes my bump look huge and I got one rude comment too. grr...)

@littleblessings: I will need to pack both sizes too, since I have no idea if I'll make it to term. Fingers crossed for both of us! Are you feeling okay?

39. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

Such cute nursing robes!

What nursing tanks are you getting? I have a few from Motherhood Maternity. They were alright, a bit stretched and worn now after 2 kids. I want to buy some new ones. Has anyone used the ones that clip on to your nursing bra, like Undercover Mama?

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MapleMoose: All of mine are from Motherhood Maternity and I don't like them much either. Also not sure how well they'll fit this time around. Here's hoping ladies have other suggestions!

As for me, I am absolutely voracious today. Seriously, cannot get enough food in my belly. I need someone to put a lock on my door so I stop walking to the office break room...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee