Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@Modern Daisy: yes! I have a friend who is getting married and planning her wedding for the beginning of September- my EDD is Aug 25. It's a couple states away so that might not happen I'm trying to avoid talking about it too much with her since we haven't told the vast majority of our friends.

Also, DH's co-workers are planning a "we had a great year at work" trip in the end of July. They want to go out of the country- which will not be an option by then! DH keeps trying to convince them to move the trip up to spring, but without telling them the reason, his pleas are pretty much worthless, lol.

2. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

We too have tons of crap this summer, I say crap nicely of course! My step brother is getting married Aug 17th, I'm due Aug 28...the wedding is here so no travel issues but still - holy large and in charge mama! I'll be a sweaty scary sight at the wedding I am sure.

I have a friend getting married out of town in Mid September and I am so bummed I'll have to decline. I was really looking forward to it.

I also have work breathing down my neck about traveling this summer for an extended time in Europe. Thankfully I just agreed to go to Austria and Hungary in Feb/March so that should buy me enough time to stall on the summer trips.

Keeping this a secret is getting harder by the day. We are gradually telling more friends now. At first it was a small handful of friends each (3 for me, 4 for DH). Tonight I am telling another girlfriend and we decided we'll tell more people after my next appointment (11.5 weeks). I wont announce anything on FB until 14 weeks...though I have thought about just waiting until we know what the gender is.

3. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@Mrs D: I definitely understand how it keeps getting harder not telling anyone. I finally broke down and told 2 close friends. I was feeling horrible a couple of weeks ago and it was getting obvious that something was up. It's so nice having a couple people who know! We're still waiting to tell other friends/family until about 12 weeks. We're going to tell our parents on my mom's birthday in a couple weeks!

4. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@JamieLee: I just got them straight from the website ( http://www.adenandanais.com ). No deals or anything I'm too impatient for deals. LOL.

@Modern Daisy: So far there aren't any social commitments yet this summer. I'm trying to keep it pretty open. None of my friends are getting married (BOO!) and no one else seems to be having babies either. I definitely am trying to convince my husband to take an early June vacation so that I get a break before the baby comes.

@msmay: I tried really hard to wait until the end of the first trimester buuuuut my will power failed me. haha. I'm getting close now anyway though (almost 12 weeks).

5. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

Hey ladies!

This question has probably been asked a thousand times, but has anyone experienced a decrease in symptoms around 9 weeks? They aren't completely gone, but it's still making me nervous. I haven't been nearly as nauseated the past few days My next appointment isn't until 2/4 and I'm trying not to panic!

6. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@JamieLee: Are you a member of Amazon Mom? If not, I think it's free for the first 3 months to sign up. They are having an appreciation event until 2/1, and a ton of their baby stuff is 20% off if you're a member (including the A+A stuff). You can only use the code once, though, so if you're going to get stuff make sure you do it all in one purchase (and I think $100 is the max you can save).

@msmay: My nausea definitely lessened right around 9 weeks. I am at 11 weeks now and the only symptoms I still have are sore boobs, frequent urination, and exhaustion. I get a random wave of nausea every few days, but it's much better than it was!

7. greenebee

cherry / 189 posts

@msmay: I experienced that too! I was worried and it almost felt like I wasn't pregnant (aside from sore boobs and frequent urination). But then all of a sudden at almost 11 weeks - yesterday and today I am more nauseous than ever! Did anyone else experience a lessening and then a turn around like this? Is it normal?

8. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

When are everyone's due dates? We should be doing a due date list! We're behind on that, september already has one! they are organized gals over there even listing appointments! haha

9. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@.twist.: I agree...I was thinking we should do a roll call soon! I'm 8/28.

10. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Mrs D: I'll start writing em all down. I have nothing else to do today.

11. lawbee11

@.twist.: I'm 8/16

ETA: Thanks for doing the list!

12. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

Put me down for 8/30!

To be honest, I haven't had any symptoms so far other than my boobs growing a full size and peeing more often. It's been a little disconcerting, but at every visit everything is progressing adn looking great. At 9 weeks exactly today, I still haven't had any nasuea, gained any weight, felt fatigued (more than normal, I have always suffered from insomnia & fatigue) or had any soreness. I'm sure that's about to change and I actually kind of hope it does!

13. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@msmay: Me! And thank God, because my cold hit and I don't think I could dealt with that plus morning sickness. It's the placenta kicking in. Whoohoo!

@.twist.: I'm 8/23. Thanks for doing the list!

14. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

I am pretty jealous of you ladies without symptoms or with symptoms that went away at 9W. I am 9W2D and I would kill for a day without nausea!

@.twist.: thanks for making the list!!!

15. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@.twist.: I'm 8-18. Thanks for putting the list together! Those September girls! Showing us up... If we're going to keep track of appointments, my next one is Feb. 28th. Once we start finding out boy/girl/not finding out, we can add that to our list too.

16. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@JamieLee: Great idea on tracking the sex for those that do decide to find out!

I'm at 12 weeks today and so far so good with no nausea. Just the bigger/sore boobs, slight fatigue, and urination marathons.

The doctor can't make up her mind on my due date. She initially said 8/9 based on LMP, but then when I went to talk to the billing lady, they have my due date as 8/12, which is what the sonogram tech predicted based on size. So I'll go with 8/12 as my due date!

My next appt is 2/14.

17. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@JamieLee: Oh yea!!! I can already add if people want to go green so let me know if anyone is TEAM GREEN!

They are totally showing us up. hahaha

I am still missing quite a few ladies, I'll post the list at the end of the day before I leave work and then if I missed anyone I can just add them later once they come online and let me know when their due dates are!

18. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: I'm team green. And my next appt is Feb 7.

@Mrs D: Fingers crossed, you'll feel better any day now. I think Strawberrybee had a switch go off at 10 weeks - maybe that'll happen to you too! I also found that if I get obscene amounts of sleep (I've been going to bed at 8:30), that it makes the morning sickness less.

19. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: my bedtimes are so super early too. I was telling DH one day that I felt like I was getting some energy back. That night I fell asleep at 7:30. HA.

20. Alivoo01

@.twist.: LMAO!!! I feel ya! Last weekend, I was laying on the couch at 4pm and slept until 7pm. The only reason I woke up was because the hubby woke me up since he was getting hungry for dinner. I think I could have easily slept through the night until at least midnight!

21. lawbee11

@.twist.: You can put DEFINITELY NOT TEAM GREEN next to my name!! And maybe to be different we could put "hot dog" or "hamburger" instead of Team Pink or Team Blue! Haha

22. Alivoo01

@lawbee11: hahahaha! I'm okay with that since I'm not really a fan of the color pink any how.

23. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@msmay: @greenebee: @Grace: Thanks for remembering me, Grace! At around 10 weeks my nausea mysteriously went away...and then a week later it came back! It's been back ever since (week 13 today) but I got a break this past Sunday, and again today. I always know when I feel better when I feel like actually doing stuff around the house. I am super jealous of you girls who have no nausea! I am so ready for that part of this to be over.

@.twist.: Thank you so much for putting a list together! Due date: 8/2/13. Next appointment: 2/20/13. Will definitely find out which team we're on :).

24. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: Aw, comeon! You were my inspiration that it was going to stay away! At least there are breaks, I suppose.

25. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: sorry ;). I feel good right now, if that means anything!

26. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

Soooo. I have the list all written out a my office and its ready to post! But then, my boss told me that my hair bothered him and the its not a good look for me and when am I making a hair appointment!!!!!! So, I forgot about the list and went to a co-workers office to bitch. I'm sorry and ill post it tomorrow!

27. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: WTF?!?! Do you work in the fashion industry?

28. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

ROLL CALL (So far)

Strawberrybee - Aug 2
    Alivoo01 - Aug 12
    .twist. - Aug 12
    Lawbee11 - Aug 16 - Definitely NOT team Green
    JamieLee - Aug 18
    Grace - Aug 23 - Team Green!
    MrsD - Aug 28
    Moderndaisy - Aug 30

Upcoming Appointments:

.twist. - Jan 29
    Grace - Feb 7
    Alivoo01 - Feb 14
    Strawberrybee - Feb 20
    JamieLee - Feb 28

I'm also dumb and the internet is right here so I just redid the list.

I know we're missing girls so just add your info and I will update the list ASAP!

29. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: No.

I work in Oil & Gas.

30. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: If I may say so - your boss is an ass!

31. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: yep. That was just today too. I think he's commented on it every week this month. It's not TERRIBLE, probably half an inch of roots. My stylist was away with her whole team in vegas so I was just waiting for her to return.

He totally bums me out. I get hair comments, "bags under eyes" comments, pale/no color comments.

I have just recently been told I need to put him in his place, and I know I do, I'm just nervous.

32. lawbee11

@.twist.: Thanks for doing the list! I have an appointment on 2/4, but no rush on updating it yet! Oh, and your boss is a douche.

33. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: I don't blame you for being nervous. But what your boss is doing is harrassment. You shouldn't have to deal with that.

34. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: Ah yea. The worst part is that we don't even have an HR person. So I do actually have to just tell him to stop.

@lawbee11: I added your appointment to the list on my phone! Update it soon Also, yes, he's a big douchebag! haha

35. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@.twist.: holy cow! What a jerk. That stinks that you don't have an HR person.

36. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

Disappeared for awhile, but I'm back now!
    12 weeks 3 days, and still battling morning sickness. I have a prescription for anti-nausea meds though, and they seem to be helping.
    @.twist. Thanks for making a list! My EDD is August 8, and my next appointment is on Feb 12. We're definitely finding out the sex...only a little while longer! (okay, 4-6 weeks).
    I definitely have a bump now, to the point where people are noticing. But I know that its too soon (?), so I'm wondering what the deal is. I carry my weight around my midsection, and I have a short torso, so I'm wondering if that's part of it. Any others who are showing early?

37. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

38. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

I must have spoken too soon! I've been knocked flat out all day with nausea. It's been weirdly comforting, haha. I missed roll call, but my EDD is 8/25 and my next appointment is 2/4! TEAM GREEN!!

39. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@msmay: I know what you mean about it being a strange comfort. The few times my nausea left me I was like, 'why, what's wrong??!!'. I'm over that now ;).

Feel better! (unless that will freak you out ;))

40. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@StrawberryBee: Thanks! I will try to get some rest and hopefully feel better. And I will try not to be scared if I do, lol

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee