Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@lawbee11: I'm totally on board with hamburger vs hot dog. As for mystery meat - LMAO!!! Oh dear...

2. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@.twist.: I have an appt on Feb 6th, then Feb 14th for the NT scan and should know all of my results that day. And I am definitely finding out the sex ASAP!!

As far as pretend baby making, it hurt me at first through weeks 4-6, but since then everything has been totally normal. I'm not scared since our Dr. said it's perfectly safe so I"m not letting myself worry about it. It definitely happens a little less often nowadays since I go to bed so early and sleep so late.

As far as who we've told, I have only told my best friend and her soon to be FI knows and we will start opening the flood gates on Valentines day. The baby will be sending valentines to our parents and siblings, then once they are received we'll start telling friends and other family (although I'm sure the second our parents find out, the entire world will know immediately since they can somehow simultaneously hear news and spread it to every living person they know at the same time). Work will find out after I have any follow-up birth defect tests, hopefully the next week.

Today was the first day I finally started to look a little bigger. Definitely not pregnant, but my boobs have grown a full size and my stomach looks like I just ate a full meal. I had to change my outfit before I left the house!

3. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@lawbee11: HAHAHA. Mystery Meat. I'm so on board. I laughed so hard!

@Modern Daisy: added your dates to the list.

4. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

ROLL CALL

Strawberrybee - Aug 2
    Redsmarties - Aug 8
    Alivoo01 - Aug 12 Team Hot Dog!
    .twist. - Aug 12
    Lawbee11 - Aug 16 - Definitely NOT team Grilled Cheese
    JamieLee - Aug 18
    Grace - Aug 23 - Team Grilled Cheese!
    MsMay - Aug 25 - Team Grilled Cheese!
    Ocean Girl - Aug 26 - Team Grilled Cheese!
    Mrs.Bicycle - Aug 28
    MrsD - Aug 28
    Moderndaisy - Aug 30

Upcoming Appointments:

.twist. - Jan 29
    OceanGirl - Jan 30
    Lawbee11 - Feb 4
    MsMay - Feb 4
    ModernDaisy - Feb 6
    Grace - Feb 7
    Mrs.D - Feb 7
    Redsmarties - Feb 12
    Alivoo01 - Feb 14
    ModernDaisy - Feb 14
    Strawberrybee - Feb 20
    Mrs.Bicycle - Feb 20
    .twist. - Feb 26
    JamieLee - Feb 28

Updated List!
    If I missed anyone or got something wrong, let me know and I'll update it!

5. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

Oh and I love the idea of teams hot dog and hamburger!! Makes me think of BBQ which is totally appropriate for summer due dates

6. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@Modern Daisy: Yes! We can have our own little summer picnic of babies!

7. Alivoo01

@Modern Daisy: Mmmmm.... BBQ...

8. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: LMAO! That was awesome. No worries - misery loves company.

@Alivoo01: Congrats on your little boy! I love that picture. It's amazing how they can be so small and totally look like a baby.

Ok, it is totally appropriate to do BBQ for an August baby. But let's not do mystery meat. No one likes mystery meat.

9. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: hahaha does grilled cheese work better? I feel if we leave the meat out until we're sure which type it is that's better?

10. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: Mmmm grilled cheese.

11. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: haha I'd say grilled cheese, hot dogs and hamburgers make for a great BBQ!

12. Alivoo01

@Grace: Thanks, and I was amazed too! I totally blurted out like a dummy - is that what my baby really looks like?!?! Well, duh bc the sonogram is on MY belly. *face palm* haha!

@.twist.: Oh man, now I'm craving a grilled cheese sandwich. Thanks.

13. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: we really are shooting ourselves in the feet by making this all about food. Bring on cravings of grilled cheese, hot dogs and hamburgers!!!!!

14. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Alivoo01: Yay Team Blue! And yay for an excited hubby!

ETA: Or should I say Team Hotdog

15. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@StrawberryBee: Excited there's another CD person on here. I've been researching a lot the last couple days and really thinking that's the way I'd like to go. Now just to decide on a system. I know I DON'T want to do the old school prefolds...I've started a spreadsheet of the costs of the different systems to sway DH to the dark side...

16. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

You guys are the best! lol Love the picnic/BBQ theme!

@JamieLee: I called up two daycares and was surprised that both of them were open to cloth diapers. So you never know! We can make our CDing journey together :).

@Alivoo01: wow, I can't believe they were able to tell gender! so jealous!!!! We only got four ultrasound prints and no DVD; I would kill for a pic of the one where the baby raised his/her arm up and you could see the fingers. If you don't mind my asking, what was your baby's heartrate? and when you say "If it was sticking up pre-dominantly then it was a boy", what does the 'it' reference? the profile?

Oh, and I realized that I never posted a pic on this thread!

17. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: Ooooh, so cute! I'm not going to survive until April (which is when I get the anatomy scan - the only one we get here).

18. Alivoo01

@StrawberryBee: Aw!!!! Yay for baby sonograms!! My baby's heart rate was 168bpm. The "it" they were looking at was the nub, I'm guessing because that was the area they were pointing at.

19. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: aww, thank you for thinking my little sono-blob is cute ^_^

@Alivoo01: Ahh, gotcha! @.twist. had just posted about nub theory. I wish I had been paying better attention at our ultrasound now. Oh well! And you just disproved my mother's theory about high heartrate = girl ;).

20. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: So cute!!!! Love these ultra sound pics! Can't wait to share mine.

@Grace: I seriously feel for you. How unfair that you don't get to see your little blob until 20 weeks! By then it won't even be a blob any more! It'll be a baby!

I leave in 30 mins for my appointment ladies. SO EXCITED.

21. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: @.twist.: I totally see a baby! There's a head and torso. Little Strawberrybee even looks like he/she's smiling. Soooooooo not a blob!

22. Alivoo01

@StrawberryBee: I was looking for the nub the entire time while they were performing the ultrasound, but couldn't really find it. The nurse and doctor pointed it out and said "this" was it, but I still couldn't really see it, but they're the experts! At my 10 week appointment, baby boy's heart rate was 150bpm, and it seems to only get higher each time!

Are you hoping for a girl or boy?

23. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: haha I meant that you don't get to see your baby until 20 weeks! That's not fair!

24. Alivoo01

@.twist.: Eeep!! Good luck at your appointment! Can't wait to hear about your update!!!!

25. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

So I just had to out myself at work WAY sooner than I had hoped for. My boss called me in today to tell me he needed to send me to India in 3 weeks...my other co-worker was in there so I couldn't say no right away. When my co-worker left I told my boss that I was sorry but I couldn't go to India...he gave me a funny look...I turned bright red and said "I'm 10 weeks pregnant"...thankfully he responded well gave me a hug and said "no you cant go to India...but can we swap you for Shanghai"...

What would you ladies do? The reason I was not comfortable with India was because I was going to be going to a smaller town, I would have 2 connections (in crowded Indian airports) and be at risk for Malaria again. Shanghai is more of a metropolitan city and I have a direct flight. I'm going to call my doctors office tomorrow and ask them but she had told me before that she was totally fine with Europe and long flights until mid 20 weeks....I'll be 12.5 weeks when I leave and 14 weeks when I come back.

Ugh...my job stressed me out sometimes!

26. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: See what your doctor says and see what the risks are. If she gives you the go-ahead, then I'd say you are clear. I mean, there are pregnant women in Shanghai. Either way, I'm sorry you were outed!

27. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: If it was between India and Shanghai, I'd definitely pick Shanghai because it's more "modern". At 14 weeks, I think you'll be okay.

28. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

omg, I NEED a grilled cheese NOW, lol! I definitely like the bbq theme too

@JamieLee: @StrawberryBee: DH and I are considering CD too! The birthing center has free classes and tons of information so I'm going to get my hands on as much as possible over the next few months!

@Alivoo01: congrats!!!! team hot dog, hehe!

@Mrs D: sorry you had to out yourself at work! I'm glad your boss responded well, though. take a deep breath!

29. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@.twist.: good luck!!!!

30. lawbee11

@StrawberryBee: Awww what a cutie!!

@.twist.: Good luck at your appointment! Can't wait to hear about it!

@Mrs D: I agree that Shanghai is better than India, but I think running it by your doctor sounds like a good idea. Sorry you had to outed that way, but at least it was that and not because your pants fell down during the meeting!

31. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@StrawberryBee: My doctor actually said something about that at my last appointment. She said there is actually some truth to the idea that girls have higher heart rates, but it's usually not until much closer to delivery, and girls/women go on to typically have higher heart rates throughout their lives. Guess that old wives tale at least has some truth to it.

32. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@msmay: I'm going to check out the local "natural" store in our town that sells lots of brands of cds and see what they have to say. I'm wondering if they have classes.

I've also been making a big spreadsheet comparing all the different brands and types (although I guess I'm just comparing AIOs, Pockets, and Hybrids) to try to help make my decision.

33. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

@Alivoo01: oh my goodness!! So excited for you and team hot dog!!! (PS - genius categories!!!)

Okay ladies - had a series pregnant girl problem this morning... Changed clothes 3 times before deciding on a what-used to be cute and loose work dress. It is now skin tight, but by the time I got it on, there was no time to change. So off I go to work. I had to stretch my leg over a snowbank on my short walk to the office and the dress ripped!!! So depressing.

34. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@.twist.: Good luck with your appointment!!!!

@Grace: Thanks :D! Everyone I showed it to was pretty surprised at how developed the baby looked, even at only 3 inches. It is an amazing thing.

@Alivoo01: hoping for a girl :).

@Mrs D: I would definitely pick Shanghai over India. And @lawbee11, I now have an image of my pants dropping in the middle of a meeting.

@msmay: yay for another CD'er! I will be interested to read what you ladies decide on.

@JamieLee: interesting, thanks for the info!

I'm so looking forward to the anatomy scan. Just one more month!

35. Alivoo01

@Ocean girl: Oh no!!! What did you do?! How big is the rip and where at??? I would have totally texted my boss and told him what happened and that I was going home to change!

@StrawberryBee: Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you have a lil hamburger growing inside of you!

36. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

@Alivoo01: so the dress has a small slit in the back, and it ripped along there, upwards toward my backside! Only about an inch, and not noticeable, but I didn't stop walking to check it out! When I got to work I cornered one of my colleagues and asked her to take a look and she said unless she was checking out my a$$ she would never have noticed! It's totally repairable... But that dress is definitely going back in the closet until I can fit into it post-baby!

37. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Thanks for calming me down ladies! I appreciate it! My doctor said I could travel internationally until 30 weeks (I asked at my first appointment bc I know how much international travel is a part of my job) - so I am good to go just gotta survive the 14 hour flight! Ugh!!!

And...I totally just had a grilled cheese for dinner! Love them!

@Ocean girl: Oh no! hopefully you could conceal it for the day! I am going to target this weekend to check out some cute maternity dresses I saw last weekend!

38. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

EEP! Appointment went really well! I finally feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief and actually be 100% excited about this!

My due date has changed AGAIN. That will make this the 4th change. So, now I'm due August 7. I'm not complaining.

Also, no chance for nub theory speculation, but I'm ok with that. Have my 19 week ultra sound booked to find out the gender.

BABY:

39. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@.twist.: Yay! Perfect looking little peanut!

40. lawbee11

@.twist.: Cute!!! Wonder if that's a hotdog or hamburger?! Guess we'll find out soon!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee