Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

Hi Ladies! I've disappeared for a bit. My EDD is August 28th. I actually had my first OB appointment last week. A little disappointed at how uneventful it was. I thought for sure we'd get to hear a heart beat. My midwife just went through the whole "Welcome to the practice" speech and I had a pelvic exam. I go back February 20th. I'll be about 13 weeks by then. Hope everyone is feeling good! My hubby and I went to see Argo tonight at the movies. So good! Highly recommend as a tame pregnant night out.

2. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: I ended up calling my OB office before my first appointment to ask what they would do, and was also disappointed by it. I wanted concrete confirmation, darn it! 13 week one should be much more exciting :). Are you getting a nt scan?

I just tried out the fetal Doppler my coworker lent me, and after numerous attempts I finally found the heartbeat for a moment! It was so cool, but then I lost the spot ten seconds later. Should have videoed it with my phone. Since we saw it on the ultrasound we didn't get to hear it, so this was my first time actually listening to it.

3. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

@.twist.: thanks for putting a list together and sorry for my late reply!! Was traveling the last couple of days...
    EDD - Aug 26th
    And we are Team Green!

4. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

ROLL CALL (So far)

Strawberrybee - Aug 2
    Redsmarties - Aug 8
    Alivoo01 - Aug 12
    .twist. - Aug 12
    Lawbee11 - Aug 16 - Definitely NOT team Green
    JamieLee - Aug 18
    Grace - Aug 23 - Team Green!
    MsMay - Aug 25 - Team Green!
    Ocean Girl - Aug 26 - Team Green!
    Mrs.Bicycle - Aug 28
    MrsD - Aug 28
    Moderndaisy - Aug 30

Upcoming Appointments:

.twist. - Jan 29
    Lawbee11 - Feb 4
    MsMay - Feb 4
    Grace - Feb 7
    Mrs.D - Feb 7
    Redsmarties - Feb 12
    Alivoo01 - Feb 14
    Strawberrybee - Feb 20
    Mrs.Bicycle - Feb 20
    JamieLee - Feb 28

Updated List!
    If I missed anyone or got something wrong, let me know and I'll update it!

5. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@.twist.: Thanks for the list! My next appointment is Feb 7...cant wait! We will also definitely not be team green!

My sisters started sorting out my shower date...looks like June 22nd will be the big day!

How is everyone's weekend going?

6. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Mrs D: This weekend has probably been my worst so far! We had plans to do a bunch of crock pot recipes to potion and freeze for easy dinner meals, but we've only done one because I have been feeling so sick!!

We might go see The Hobbit today if I feel up to it later!!

Hope everyone else is having a better weekend than I am!! Tomorrow I'll be 12 weeks! SO EXCITED.

7. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@.twist.: ooohhh I have been saving a bunch of recipes from those "freezer meals" blogs/posts on pinterest so DH and I can start trying them. My hope is to have a freezer of food prepped for when LO arrives! Let me know if you get any good ones!

8. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

@strawberrybee. We opted out of genetic testing. We had a friend who's MD made them have testing and it really ended up stressing her out through the whole pregnancy. I did hear that sometimes you hear the heart beat during that test. My midwife did test to see if I'm a carrier for cystic fibrosis since it runs in my husband's family.

So I have to tell you that my cute husband dabbles in carpentry. He decided he's going to build the changing table for the baby. He's downstairs as I type building away. Warms my heart and makes me so excited for this journey!

9. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

@.twist.: forgot to mention - I have an appointment this Wednesday, Jan 30th! It's my second appointment and I think it's mostly to set up an ultrasound and do some more bloodwork.

10. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

@StrawberryBee: so jealous you found baby's heartbeat on the doppler! I can't wait to hear that sound again still trying to decide if I should cave and buy one!

@Ocean girl: we're one day apart and both team green! welcome back!

@.twist.: yay! thanks for updating the list

@Mrs D: weekend has been pretty good- sad it's ending though. tomorrow's going to be a beast of a day

@.twist.: I think I'm going to steal your crock pot meals for the week idea. I get so tired halfway through the week I'm eating cereal and frozen broccoli and crackers, lol. congrats on 12 weeks tomorrow!

@Mrs Bicycle: awww, that's so cute about your husband! and that will be so special that he made it

11. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

I forgot I have my NT scan this afternoon so I guess technically my next appt is today. My Feb 14th appt will be my 3rd prenatal appt. The hubby and I are excited to see our baby again and maybe, just maybe we'll get a sneak peak as to what the sex of our baby might be! We're also hoping to hear positive news that all is well with the baby. *fingers crossed*

@Mrs Bicycle: That's so cute and sentimental. That's awesome actually!

12. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@Alivoo01: Good luck at your NT scan! Can't wait to hear your update! Mine is a week from today, and I am a mix of excited and very, very nervous!

13. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@msmay: oh! I love the crock pot so much. and portioning the meals makes lazy nights SO EASY.

We just did a breakfast one so I'll have breakfast for the next 2 weeks (only because I probably won't want to eat the same thing every single day!).

@Alivoo01: Oh YAY! Good luck and I sure hope you get a sneak peek at gender! Are you thinking you'll be able to try out the nub theory??

My NT scan is tomorrow!! I am definitely hoping to maybe see if I can try out the nub theory and predict the gender!

So ladies, I have a TMI question. I'm a little embarrassed because I am 95% sure I'm being completely irrational.

I really do know that sex is ok during pregnancy, however, I'm pretty sure I have a short cervix and my husband mentioned that there is definitely less room in there for, uh.. him... I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this? I'm so worried he'll puncture the plug! LOL.

14. Alivoo01

@lawbee11: Thanks!

@.twist.: Yay!! I love how our appts are close to each other! What's the nub theory though???

As for sex, I recently asked the hubby if it felt "different" pre-baby and he said no so I can't help you there. As for puncturing the plug, I heard the mucous plug "re-grows" so if it does happen, you should be okay!

15. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: Ah. haha. he totally said there isn't as much room. it worries me.

This is the nub theory explained better than I can in words!:

16. Alivoo01

@.twist.: If you're worried, ask the OB or maybe even the doctor performing your NT scan tomorrow? Just to have a peace of mind at least.

As for the nub theory, those are pretty darn close to each other. Definitely keeping it in mind and will be comparing my pictures to those you posted this afternoon. haha!

17. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@.twist.: so, we're having a similar situation in our bedroom. I think part of it is just a heightened sense of awareness of everything down there and the other is fear. I did some inquiring of some girlfriends and my one friend said her doctor told her if after sex she noticed any spotting to considering holding off for a few days.

AFM, I'm just uncomfortable. I told DH he cant put any weight on my stomach because of my terrible nausea so we have been working around other positions. But honestly, I find I am just too nervous to enjoy it much right now..so we've resorted back to oral for DH. Which, TMI but I'll be honest I was terrified about that the first time for fear swallowing would make me throw up instantly thanks to my quesy stomach. Ok...way tmi...sorry ladies..

18. lawbee11

@.twist.: DH hasn't said anything about there being less room. But, it kinda hurts for me. Not really bad, but I just feel much more sensitive down there than I did before.

19. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

So is everyone having an NT scan? My office doesn't offer it, and I would have to drive 3.5 hours to get it from a different health system. I don't know that we're planning to have much in the way of screenings. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Also - is anyone planning on cloth diapering? I've been researching it a lot and planning to do it, but hubby is wary. I'm also not sure what brand/system to go with.

We told a lot of people this past weekend. We were in my hometown and saw a lot of my friends from college, as well as my extended family, so we made a lot of announcements. I felt kind of funny doing it. I'm not the type who likes being in the spotlight or having a lot of attention, so it was kind of weird! Has anyone not told a soul yet? If so, you're stronger than me!

20. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Mrs D: That's hilarious, and why I told my hubby no on the oral...he's just going to have to wait for a bit...I'm assuming you didn't actually throw up?

I've been really terrified to have sex. I'm just super paranoid due to our previous m/c. I feel really bad for him, but I'm so not in the mood due to the paranoia, nausea, headaches, etc. He's very understanding, but I can't wait till the second tri, when hopefully a couple of those will ease up...

21. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Mrs D: I haven't noticed any spotting so that is reassuring! I'm really glad I'm not the only one a little worried about this!

@lawbee11: Yea, I noticed some points felt a bit uncomfortable! I'm really hoping it only gets better. LOL!

@JamieLee: I'm having the NT scan done because my doctor asked me to do it. I think it's just general procedure at my doctors office (and/or maybe in my province!).

Re: cloth diapers; we are not cloth diapering. I just know I don't have the patience for it and I definitely am not going to be expecting other people to cloth diaper our kid. I commend the parents who do it, but we just can't. lol.

We've told almost everyone! hahaha I'm sure after my NT scan tomorrow I will be telling facebook too.

22. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@.twist.: I actually had to ask the nurse about it, they didn't even bring it up. Isn't it weird how different things are from place to place and practice to practice?

I'm thinking about doing the cloth diapers because as of now, I will be a stay at home mom, so our baby won't be in daycare, but if I find a job before then, I might be changing my mind. I know it's hard to find a daycare that will do it...

23. Alivoo01

@lawbee11: I notice certain positions are a little more sensitive for me as well. Girl on top is always a winning position since you can control everything.

@JamieLee: My NT scan is at different office than my OB's office. It's at a high risk doctor place, but isn't far from home. It's actually closer to home than the OB's office!

As for cloth diapering, I considered it and suggested it to the hubby. He was not on board at all so we'll be team disposables.

As for announcements, no additional announcements apart from family. I think the next announcement will be on social media in a few weeks.

24. lawbee11

@JamieLee: We're having our NT scan next week. It's standard at my doctor's office (he didn't even ask if we wanted it, just had the nurse schedule it; we would not have opted out anyways). We're also not planning to cloth diaper. I considered it, but DH is strongly against it, and I am a germophobe so washing diapers in the same washing machine as our clothes just doesn't sit well with me. I've heard a lot of people really like it, though!

@Alivoo01: Yep, that's been my "go-to" position. Missionary always scares me and makes me think the baby is going to get smushed!

25. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@lawbee11: I think that's why DH is against it. He said "we wouldn't save any money since we'd have to buy a new washing machine." So I guess I'm still on the fence...I have a friend that is doing it, and they love it, but her husband is really on board. He's actually the one that does the laundry!

26. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@JamieLee: No, no actual throw up...but DH was thoroughly warned the first time that he was proceeding at his own risk!

We're out for cloth diapering too. DH's response was similar to @JamieLee: and he basically implied we'd need a whole new machine. Plus, with daycare and everything I think its easier to just do disposables. More power to those of you who can swing it!

As for the NT - I am totally torn. My sister had an abnormal first scan but her amnio came back fine. To be honest though, I dont think she ever got past that abnormal first result and it worried her throughout her entire pregnancy (my nephew was born perfectly healthy). Ultimately we decided we'd have it done so that we could prepare in the event the results were no good. I could have gone either way, DH was pretty sure he wanted it so he was the decision maker.

27. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: Honestly the genetic disorders screening part of the NT scan was secondary to 'omg, gonna see the baby!' to me. That's bad of me, I know ^^;;. At my office I was given the choice of whether or not to have it...wasn't really swayed one way or the other. My DH (even though I'd told him) had no idea what we were scanning for, and the ultrasound tech was pretty scornful of him for it. And aww, your DH is so cute for building furniture for the baby!

@msmay: I could see myself getting really frustrated/scared with the Doppler if I couldn't find the heartbeat. I had to look up a video on youtube to see where it should be/what it should sound like. So it's kind of a two-edged sword.

@JamieLee: We're cloth diapering. I have 7 bumgenius 4.0's and 5 bumgenius freetimes. I'll let you know how it goes ;). I did go over the general sequence of events with my DH but I'm not sure how much he grasped; he tends to be very germaphobic so I wonder what he'll say when he's faced with the actual placement of poop in our one washer. I wonder if anyone has tried liners while the baby is pre-solids?

@.twist.: DH hasn't mentioned anything, but he refuses to be on top any more for fear that he'll squish the gummi bear. I haven't noticed any discomfort; if anything, I'm MORE ready to go now and reach my happy place much faster than I did before! So in our case I think it's win-win. I figure we should go as long as we can, because there will definitely be a point where we won't want to/can't.

28. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Ok...today is my first day rocking the bella band (and a hair tie around the button for extra safety) to work! I am SO super terrified that something horrific will happen - all worst case scenario like my pants fall down during a meeting or something! Wish me luck...my old pants were just too damn snug to button anymore...

29. lawbee11

@Alivoo01: How did your NT scan go? Do you have any pictures to share with us??

30. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: Good luck!!

I don't think the NT scan is offered here. Like Strawberrybee, I'd be more interested at the sneak peak of our LO. So no testing for me - unless there's something that could be done in utero tp help whatever condition it is. Otherwise I'll just live in ignorant bliss unil baby is here.

@JamieLee: No cloth diapering for me. I think I was traumatized by my sister's cloth diapers. I know they are different now, but ewwwww.

Btw, I'm pretty impressed with you ladies still getting it on. Between exhaustion, nausea and bloating, it's been few and far between for us. I think I can count the number of times in the past month on one hand. I don't think it feels any different inside, but there's been more girl-on-top because squished bloat is a terrible mood killer.

For all of you getting scans in the near future, good luck!!

31. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

@Grace I'm so happy you're not having a lot of success in the bedroom. Between the nausea and the bloating, plus the weird hormones that make me feel unattractive...things have been at a stand still. I can't wait to get to the 2nd trimester and start feeling more like myself....

32. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

@Grace After rereading that it sounds sort of bad. I'm not happy that we are both eh when it comes to getting down and dirty. Just happy that I'm not alone. Sorry if that sounded mean!

33. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: This is my issue too. I want to "do it" (lol!) as long as possible because I know in the last few weeks of pregnancy and post pregnancy there will be a period of nothing! So I'm really trying! haha.

@Mrs D: Good luck! I've been rockin the elastic through the button for a while now but it's getting to the point where I now only have 2 pairs of pants I can wear to work. I think it's time to bite the bullet and buy a belly band! Let us know how today goes!

@Alivoo01: Can't wait to hear about your appointment!!!!!!!!!!!

@Grace: haha, It's been few and far between for us as well, but I am starting to feel a bit better so I'm trying hard to make more of an effort to do it before the baby gets here! Trust me, you're totally not alone!

34. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: I've been rocking the rubber band trick for awhile now. Oops!

@lawbee11: @.twist.: The scan went really well yesterday! From the ultrasound, the doctor said everything looks good. Now to just wait for the bloodwork to come back and tell me what my odds are of having down syndrome along with the #18 and #19 abnormalities. We got over 11 printed ultrasounds pictures along with a DVD! It was amazing watching them point out each little feature and tell you about how big each of them are. We also got a gender scan and they said they are about 95% certain that we're <font color="Blue">TEAM BLUE!!!!!</font>

35. lawbee11

@Alivoo01: Awesome!! So glad it went well! And yay for Team Blue! (Or Team Hot Dog.) I can't believe they can tell this early!! What a cute baby

36. Alivoo01

@lawbee11: LOL!! I asked if the hubby wanted to stop by a baby store after the appointment to check out some baby girl and he was all over it! He test drove all the strollers, checked out cribs and gliders, etc. and even selected a "theme" for the nursery without me asking. It was adorable to watch him be so excited.

37. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: eeeeeep! TEAM BLUE! So glad everything went well! I am shocked that they're able to tell this early?! How'd they do it? Did you have to ask for the gender scan? I might see if they'll do it for me too. I'm SO excited for you!

@lawbee11: haha should we really be different and do team hot dog or team hamburger? I have no probs with it as long as everyone else is cool. I like being the crazy month who doesn't just do blue and pink! haha

38. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Alivoo01: What a handsome little boy you have there!!! Congrats on the good scan! Fingers crossed for the rest of the results. How far along are you? I am pushing mine as far as I can to hope that we can get a peep of the hot dog or hamburger!

@.twist.: I'm totally down with being different and doing the hot dog/hamburger thing!

I've made it through 4 hours and 2 meetings, so far my band has not failed me!

39. lawbee11

@Alivoo01: Awww that's really cute!

@.twist.: At first I was just kidding around with it, but it's actually growing on me! I kinda like Team Hot Dog/Hamburger! But if everyone else would prefer the traditional Team Blue/Pink then that's fine, too. We have to think of a name of Team Green, though--Team Grilled Cheese? Chicken Nugget? Mystery Meat??

40. Alivoo01

@.twist.: During the ultrasound, the nurse and the doctor asked if we wanted to know. We said yes so they went looking. Oddly, they didn't look between the legs, but at a profile glance. If it was sticking up pre-dominantly then it was a boy, otherwise it was a girl. Ours was sticking up pretty vertically so they felt 95% confident it was a boy. Of course, you can't be 100% sure until your 16-20 week appointment. I hope you'll get to find out also. The appointment is lengthy (I'd say about 30 minutes or so) and you get to see all sorts of stuff. The hubby and I kept oohing and awing as they showed us something new. haha!

@Mrs D: Thanks!! I was 12w, 3d at the exam, but the baby was measuring one day ahead (12w, 4d). And yay for pants staying up! haha!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee