1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Popped WAY earlier this time around

2. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Page refresh

3. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@MrsMom: How did the ultrasound go? I’m dying to hear happy stories.

We have an appointment tomorrow afternoon for an ultrasound to rule out ectopic pregnancy. My levels have consistently risen at the low end of normal every two days, so they should be able to see a sac, but probably not a heartbeat. I’ve started to feel kind of heavy in my pelvis, so I’m less worried about ectopic than I was a few days ago, but it’ll be good to know for sure.

4. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@mediagirl: so sorry you feel judged. That’s rough. I’ve been thinking about the other side of it and how judge people can be recently, because getting one baby has been so hard, maybe we’ll be good when we have an only, but that brings up so many other judgments.

5. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: That belly looks amazing I know you’re probably less than stoked with the early belly, but I have to say I’m jealous!

6. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: Love the Belly!!!

@karenbme: It went really well. We got to see the heart beat and it was wonderful! I feel so much better. DH did a video of it so I keep watching it over & over. I hope you're ultrasound only results in good news! DS we saw the heartbeat at 6.2 weeks on a trans-vaginal US. I'm somewhere between 7.3 & 8 weeks this time and we saw it with a abdominal US. How far along do you think you are? Hopefully you can see something.

7. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@MrsMom: Congrats! Watching that video must be so fun! I should be 6 exactly today, so really early to see a heartbeat. Plus my levels have made it look like a late implanter, so we're just looking for a sac in the right place. Given the bleeding I had and the slower hcg rise, the doctors are pretty worried about ectopic. So fingers, toes, and everything else crossed.

8. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@karenbme: I'm really pulling for you! Hopefully its just a late implanter and that's it. I'll be thinking of you today and keeping my fingers crossed!

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Went to the new OB today. She gave me an EDD of December 7. Today would been my due date for lost baby - so I’m taking the shared 7th date as a sign. She said baby looks healthy. It’s weird to be at a new practice. It’s not all new and shiny but I liked that there weren’t a million people there either. She said I qualify for genetic testing bloodwork next week. I still asked for a NT scan because I wanna see that baby again lol!

10. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm glad you had a positive experience and that you're going to get the testing you want. It's so fun seeing the little one! What a good picture!

11. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Anyone had a pap at their first appt and bled after? She warned me but I assumed light spotting. Not blood.

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LindsayInNY: totally lurking, but I had a pap at my first appointment with my son, and had some bleeding. More than spotting but nothing more than one pad.

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Sams Mom: Okay, thanks. I have a panty liner on. Haven’t changed it or anything yet but was panicked.

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm pretty sure a panty liner could have handled it, but all I had in my bag was a pad and I didn't want to use the ginormo pad they supply in the office.

15. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

And I’m out. Ultrasound today confirmed ectopic. Thankfully, nothing’s ruptured and I’ll hopefully get to keep my tube.

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@karenbme: Oh hugs... Big hugs. I’m glad nothing ruptured and that you haven’t had pain or anything. But it still sucks so much and I feel for you. Sending love and prayers.

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@karenbme: I'm so sorry! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

18. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@karenbme: Oh I'm so so sorry to hear this! You are in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.

19. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@KarenBME: I am so so sorry to hear this. I know you were quite fearful of this. Thank goodness they caught it. Thinking of you for sure.

20. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

@KarenBMe: Oh no, I'm sorry it's ectopic D: That's devastating news. . . *Hugs*

21. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@LindsayInNY: @Sams Mom: @MrsMom: @yellowbeach: @thepaperbutterfly: Thanks, ladies, and good luck to all.

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

NT scan can be done between May 24 and June 5. I get a bunch of dates to see when DH can come. He says June 5 is best. WTF?!? The last day?! And that's like a month from now. I don't even know if I'll be able to keep hiding pooch in a dress for a month! I got him to agree to May 31 instead. I just want to see the baby. We are doing genetic testing (the NIPT stuff or whatever) next week so the NT isn't really necessary but I wanna see that baby!

23. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: Glad he settled on a closer date. I wouldn't have been too happy if my husband picked the last date possible either. But knowing my husband he would do it on purpose LOL.

24. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

We went to Disneyland Sunday and did some announcement photos. We won’t post them for a couple more weeks but it’s nice to have them done. Now I just have to come up with a caption. Any ideas?

25. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MrsMom: this might be cheesy but I like the top one bc it has your whole family... how about something like “The most magical thing on earth! | December 2018” or “We’ll need a double stroller for our next trip to the Magic Kingdom!” Or last photo with “Mouseketeer #2 joining the family Dec 2018!”

Ok, that’s all I’ve got.

26. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsMom: Super cute! I like them all!!

27. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

Long time lurker (like for 3 years) sliding in

EDD: 11/29 based on LMP but first scan estimated 12/6

First child? #2. My little boy was 1 in April (hey @Yellowbeach I've followed your story from the April 17 boards!!)

Any symptoms? As with #1 my IBS has been 🔥😣 as well as the usual nausea. Bloating is keeping me up at night as well as making me look seriously pregnant already! Tested super early and so already feel like I've been pregnant for forever

Who have you told? My husband is keen to tell everyone which I'm less than happy about. So far I've told work (only see my boss face to face once a quarter in the US so told her last week) and my mum / sister

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Worried about what it means for my boy and for us as a family of three. Also cautious after the baby measured a week behind where I thought we were at today at our NIPT appt. Never had this with #1.

Attached the scan because why not!

28. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

29. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: Those are all good captions! I don't know how I'll choose. Thanks for the help!

@LindsayInNY: Thank You! We had a lot of fun taking them.

@Emmalina: Welcome, Glad to have you here! My husband likes to tell everyone we see, it's hard to keep him reigned in.

30. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@karenbme: I'm so sorry.

31. mediagirl

@MrsMom: I adore that third photo but think the family one is great, too!!

@Emmalina: welcome!

@yellowbeach: what a cute bump!!! 💜

When are the next appointments? I'm going in Friday for a second ultrasound from the RE before they release me to my OB. Appt on the 23rd at regular OB....I plan on asking for the testing at that point. I'll be 10w5d. I know it's early but I'm traveling the next week and really want it done sooner rather than later.

32. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: I get my NIPT drawn tomorrow which I can't believe means we'll know the gender in about a week (maybe less)! I see my regular OB a week from today for a routine visit where she'll doppler me and tell me to start my baby aspirin at 12 weeks.

@Emmalina: so happy to have you join us. You are right - definitely followed and felt loyal to the April 2017 group, but nature had other plans I also tested early and now feel like I've been pregnant forever so I feel ya. I'm also finding myself worrying about this new dynamic with 3 of us as we transition to 4 of us. Many days I feel like we are still trying to figure out the 3 of us... ok, most days. I had a nightmare last night that DD#1 won't have learned to walk by December and I threw my back out covered in baby carriers.

33. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

@mediagirl we were meant to have our NIPT today but now it's rescheduled to Monday. Then I have two nuchal scans - an NHS one and one with the private OB as part of the NIPT package. so strange they charged less if it was the package than if it was just the test. Typically in the UK we have a lot less appointments - just two scans in your whole pregnancy!

Like @yellowbee I'm impatient to know gender but our results take longer to come because they are sent to the US so a few more weeks yet

Anyone else hoping for a particular sex? I would really like a girl as we are definitely 2 and done but a boy would be nice for my boy to play with

@yellowbeach I hear you with the walking. Already feeling the strain of all the carrying. It's so hard on their poor knees in the sunshine outside too.. trying to let him learn at his own pace but I'm impatient too!

34. mediagirl

@Emmalina: @yellowbeach: it's so exciting finding out gender so early this go round! I'm definitely looking forward to that and making sure all is well in there. I'm still super nervous bc of my age + lack of symptoms. The only true symptom I have is peeing more, oh and the giant stomach. Haha. My husband is really, really invested in this baby. If something goes wrong I'm afraid he will be too devastated to comfort me!

35. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

I don't think I qualify for the NIPT testing so I'll just get the scan. I won't know more about when my appointments are until next Friday when I finally have my first OB appointment. I hope everyone's scans/tests come back with healthy results!!

I have been having guilty feelings about having another when I have such a loving sweet relationship with my son. I worry it will take away some of his innocence. He already doesn't like to talk about the baby, He says HE'S the baby.

36. mediagirl

@MrsMom: oooh when did you tell him?

Has anyone else told their kids? Or when do you plan to?

37. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: We've tried telling him he's going ot be a big brother and that mommy has a baby in her belly....but he just looks at us like we're crazy and say's "No I'm the baby". LOL I feel kinda bad because he's the only child and grandchild so he's very used to all of the attention.

38. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MrsMom: would you ever consider doing sneak peek? On one of my other pregnancy apps a lot of people have tried it and seem satisfied.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016201HCG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_l348Ab16AEERJ

39. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: I've looked into it. I haven't discussed it with my husband yet but I have thought about it. Last time we went to one of those private ultrasound places and our moms went and we found out together at 16 weeks and that was kind of neat so we might do that again.

40. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just met with Genetics. Apparently we switched labs to run the NIPT and now it takes the true 7-10 days. I was spoiled last time when it came back in 3.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee