Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just finished up with my OB who made me very nervous - she couldn't find a heartbeat on Doppler (we haven't yet, so no biggie) so she rolled in the small US machine. Still couldn't find anything. Called the sonographer in who also couldn't find anything. Then they took me to the US room with the big machine and finally found the nugget. Apparently my uterus is now retroverted and baby is hanging out way down in the pelvis. Everything looks ok though, but gave me some pause!

2. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

I really really wish this site wasn't so glitchy. My earlier post from today still isn't showing, and I really need the support of you ladies right now.

The nurse just called with the results of my NIPT, and it came back high likelihood of Trisomy 21 (Down's Syndrome), 90% confidence. I feel so overwhelmed. I am so angry, feel so cheated that pregnancy and childbirth is so easy for some and yet so so hard for us. Why can't we just get lucky with a nice normal, healthy pregnancy. I thought we were blessed getting pregnant naturally after IVF, but now this just feels like another big "fuck you."

Our plan is to get a CVS done on Tuesday. We should get results from that on Friday or next week. Then we'll have to decide what we want to do. It's a little girl.

I need hugs ladies. Lots of hugs.

3. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

Refresh

4. mediagirl

5. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: oh sweetheart. Congratulations on your little girl! I am so sorry about the test results. I can only imagine how scared you are right now. Big, big hugs. Lots of love. How are you doing? How is dh handling this news?

6. Raspberry

kiwi / 598 posts

@yellowbeach: I am so sorry. You are 100% right, it’s terribly unfair. I had a CVS for my last pregnancy to look for a chromosomal abnormality and will for my current pregnancy too so I have an idea of the fears you are going through. Big hugs and crossing all my fingers and toes for you.

7. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry you're having such a hard day! I'm so so sorry to hear about your results. I'm sending you all my love and strength! I can't imagine what must be going through your mind.

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: DH is at work - I called and told him. He offered to come home immediately, but I said it wasn't necessary. He's an ED doc too, so can't just walk out the door.

9. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

@ Yellowbeach: I was so sad to see this:( *hugs* I don't know why life is so unfair.. . I looked up the Panorama test, and I saw a lot of stories about false positives. Also, the results were often explained in misleading ways. One poster was told she had a 99% of having a baby with Down Syndrome when the reality was there was a 99% chance that her risk was 68% for having a baby with Down Syndrome. Sooooo, I'm not sure how accurate the information was that you were told. I'm hoping it's just a false positive!

10. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

hey @yellowbeach I'm so sorry to hear about you NIPT results. Hoping everything ends up OK after the CVS - it's not infallible. Horrible position to be in Hugs and prayers xxxxx

11. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: I've been thinking about you since last night. I just can't believe the shitty luck. Your daughter has Microcephaly, right? I hope after you have your CVS the results come back quickly and I'll be hoping for a false positive.

12. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@yellowbeach: Oh goodness I am so sorry your results have come back this way. I just want to let you know we are here for you to listen and support, be angry at the universe with you, and send you all the virtual hugs we can.

I wanted to echo what @thepaperbutterfly said that a 90% confidence test result does not necessarily mean a 90% chance of your little girl having Trisomy 21. I know that likely doesn't ease your mind much, but I hope that you can get some more specific info about the testing specificity and sensitivity of the test to get a more accurate 'result'. I'm glad you can get follow up testing so quickly - hoping for easy testing and fast results for you.

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@yellowbeach: Ugh, I wish the site wasn't so glitchy either... I'm just seeing your post now. Sending you love right now. Will you have a NT scan still? Is there a point if you're doing CVS?

14. mediagirl

I need to complain for a moment. I called my OB again today to confirm I can get the NIPT done while I'm there b/c I'll be 11 weeks. The nurse called back and said I'll have a general appointment and then be referred out for the testing. So they don't even do it there. I don't have the time (work full time) to go to a million places for various tests and blood work, etc. Ugh. I'm so frustrated. I tried calling another OB in town and it's 2 hours later and they still haven't called me back.

15. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Ugh that is definitely frustrating since that's what it seemed like you expected based on the info you had before.

My office also does not do NIPT testing or the NT scan, but I was referred out for the NT during my first appt. at 6.5 weeks because they knew it would take time to schedule. Same for bloodwork (no matter what I was getting). We decided what I would do during that appt. and then they let me know what lab to call after checking my insurance and gave me the lab referral sheet then and there to take with me whenever I was able to go in.

Sorry you're getting the run around. Why can't your office refer you now in advance, is that an option?
    Edit: I realize this will be your first appt. with your OB vs your RE. I still wonder if they can refer you in advance, or if maybe your RE can refer you??

16. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: yeah, they told me it wouldn't be a problem. They did not mention I would be referred out for that. I think I just need to find a new, bigger practice that is closer to my work. I work close to one of the big hospitals in town so I guess I'll just deliver there so I have easy access to appointments. It's just frustrating that I'm 10 weeks and just now figuring this out. Being in limbo stinks.

17. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: I got a hold of another OB (second I called) and they can get me in next week, they understood the urgency of my request. Shocker....a practice that understands a crazy pregnant woman's concerns.

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: OMG why don't they all understand the urgency?! I almost wish I had booked my OB while I was early at the RE, just to have it scheduled. I went through so much of the same sh!t you did. It's SO frustrating.

19. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: I'm sorry you're having a difficult time with you're Dr office. Are you going to go ahead and switch to the second office instead. Sounds like they might be more in-tuned with their patients needs.

I have my first OB appointment tomorrow and I'm having a lot of anxiety. With my first literally every time I went to the OB for a routine check they found something and I would get sent to the hospital for observation and although He turned out fine , it was very nerve racking. Sorry to bug about it, I just didn't realize how much that really affected my feelings for this one until now. I hope I'm not like this with all of my appointments. I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack.

20. mediagirl

@MrsMom: oh no! I hope everything goes well. Will your husband go with you to your appointment for support? I find having mine there is comforting. I hope it goes better for you this time around.

And yes, definitely switching!

21. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: Aw man, it's hard to know what will trigger anxiety sometimes until you're right there in it. Sending all the positive thoughts your way for a calm uneventful appointment.

Is this the same OB/practice you were with last time? And what kind of problems did they refer you to monitoring for? Knowing that everything was ultimately fine is nice, but I know that does not help in the immediate when you're facing the uncertainty. I just wonder if they are super cautious/lean on referrals possibly.

Happy healthy thoughts your way.

22. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: Unfortunately DH works but my mom is coming, mostly to help with DS because he has an appointment right after mine. It probably would've helped to have DH there since he is the voice of reason in our family.

@lindseykaye: It started at 12 weeks I had a major bleed (soaked my whole bed while I slept) and found I had a SBH which lasted until 22 weeks. They prepared me for a mid pregnancy loss at 18 weeks and ran a lot of tests to try and find out why I was bleeding so much into my second tri since they are usually a problem early in pregnancy. Another time I went in at 21 weeks and the heart rate was only 113, that's when they found out I had the clotting disorder MTHFR and protein S deficiency. Then after that my BP was always high during my appointments so I would get sent for observation and it would normalized. (I now attribute that to the anxiety of the Appt) Thanks for the positive thoughts. I am going to the same Dr and am on all of the medications early this time so hopefully this will be an uneventful pregnancy. I just can't believe I'm freaking out about this.

23. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Would someone mind taking over the role of the board updates? I’m not feeling baby excitement these days. Just feels painful.

24. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: Oh I'm sending you all the hugs possible. I'm so so sorry you're going through this. Don't you worry about anything else but yourself right now. Sending All My Love!!

25. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: hugs. Don't worry about anything else right now.

26. mediagirl

@MrsMom: wow, you went though so much! I really hope this pregnancy is easier on you. How was your appointment today?

27. mediagirl

Well, exhaustion finally hit. 2:30 hits and I'm dead. 2 hour nap today. Not sure what I'm going to do at work this week!!

28. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: I literally fell asleep at my desk Friday afternoon! Whoops
    I was super slouching and thankfully have my own office but this is the frst time I nodded off for an moment for real.

I had to get up and take a walk around the building, get some cold water and put on music to perk up. Hoping the second trimester gives us all a little more energy!

29. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: fell asleep at work! Ack! I hope second trimester is easier on you!

30. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Sorry I've been MIA. I had a very busy weekend. Thankfully my appointment went well and we got to see the little one measuring right on with a heart beat of 176. My official due date is 12/15. The nurse is setting up all my appointments including an Anatomy scan with the high risk facility. My next ultrasound will be 06/05. Still no sign of nausea or exhaustion letting up anytime soon.

@mediagirl: @lindseykaye: I fell asleep at work on Thursday! totally embarrassing LOL

31. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

@Yellowbeach: I think I remember you saying your CVS was on Tuesday? I know you won't get the results for a few agonizing days, but I'm hoping everything turns out okay. *crosses everything for you*

32. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

Came to say good luck today @Yellowbeach. thinking of you xx

33. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@emmalina @thepaperbutterfly: 10:15 is the appointment time. Just preloaded with a gram of Tylenol to help stave off any extra pain. Not quite sure what to expect.

Fortunately it’s a fairly busy week at work as it’s National EMS week which provides some fairly good distraction. Nonetheless it’ll be a hard wait.

34. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@yellowbeach: Hugs. Good luck, thinking of you!

35. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

NIPT/genetic results are back - all is well! Stood strong and told her no on the gender. Eek!

Has anyone told work yet? I got super poochy overnight (okay, over the weekend). I'm a little anxious because I told last time and miscarried so I feel lame being like oh, yeah, I am again? I'm overthinking this, I know...

36. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: excellent news! How long did you have to wait for your results?

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: I feel like it was quicker this time than with DD. I had blood drawn last Tuesday morning so a week!

38. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@yellowbeach: Sending you virtual support from afar today and this week while you wait. Glad you've got some work distractions, but I'm sure they'll only go so far. We are here for you

@MrsMom: So glad you had a good first appointment and you're getting all set up going forward. Is your ultrasound on 6/5 your NT scan?
    Also glad I'm not the only one who has fallen asleep at work but really hoping the exhaustion will get better for all of us in that boat!

39. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@LindsayInNY: I feel like I need to tell work soon because my co-worker is also pregnant. She’s due in September so there will be a small overlap when we are both out and we’re on the same team! Luckily December is a slow time for us. I’d like to wait until after my ultrasound next week, plus I’ll be 12 weeks.

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Christy412: I'm the only one on my team pregnant (but two others on different teams are due August and September). BUT I'm in sales and we're Q4 heavy, especially December, so I feel like I need to give ample notice?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee