Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

Updating the group - welcome again @Christy412

December 2018 Moms
    12/2: YellowBeach (#2), LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/5: MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/6: Emmalina (#2)
    12/7: LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/10: Christy412 (#2)
    12/11: ThePaperButterfly (#2)
    12/12: MotherRunner (-3 wks, #3)
    12/15: MrsMom (-3 wks, #2)
    12/16: MediaGirl (#2)
    12/20: IrishEyes (#1), Gorbylon (#2)
    12/25: DizzyMiss (#3)

2. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@LindsayInNY: oh that's not bad at all! I'm getting my blood work done for that on Thursday so hopefully it's just as quick as yours was.

Next week I travel for work so I'm going to wait until I get back the week of the 4th to tell. I'm hoping by then I'll have my NIPT results so I can feel better about telling.

@lindsayinny I'm also in sales and am worried about taking time off! Are you going to take a full 3 months or longer? We only have 2 sales people on our team and the company that owns ours isn't very woman friendly.

3. mediagirl

@Christy412: @LindsayInNY: you have so many pregnant ladies at your work! I'm the last woman to have a baby at my company...and that was 6 years ago in June. The only other woman of child-bearing age is getting married this year. I feel like I created our maternity policy b/c we really didn't have anything documented before!

4. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: I told my boss on 5/11 because I had a few appointments coming up and we were having a quick one-on-one so it felt appropriate. I've also told a small handful of others here when it's come up as well - one who is also pregnant, due at the end of September. She and I don't work directly together except we are both highly active on a committee and will need to tell the rest of our team we'll both be out at the end of the year so that the rest of the group can be aware they'll need to handle things during that time.

We also have a lab move happening, and it's a HUGE undertaking moving our entire facility across town to a new location that's currently under construction. Estimated move-in was supposed to be September/October which would have been perfect but last week my boss commented that it's now Dec 4th so I am not sure what we will do about that. I shot him a look across the conference room when he said it but we haven't talked about it yet. I'm trying not to let it stress me out, instead planning to do lots and lots of planning so that the lab departments and my director are set up to take on the oversight that I am supposed to provide regarding our accreditaiton. Ugh this is the 5th delay on this project and the timing gets worse and worse.

5. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@mediagirl: Haha the maternity policy for my company was definitely created while I was pregnant with my first. Although since then our company was acquired and they have their own policy.

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: So I'm a Client Manager so I handle existing revenue and new sales for assigned accounts. I have one renewal in November and one in December so I'll need to make sure they close early. Luckily my 2019 Q1 is rather dead so I don't think being out will be a huge issue? Last time I took 12 weeks. The company expanded our benefits and I think I can take 18 now?

@mediagirl: The other two are first time babies! It's like when it rains, it pours with babies, LOL!

@lindseykaye: My coworkers can wait but I feel like I kinda owe it to my manager so she can plan our Q4 stuff? Or at least have a heads up of it? But gosh I'm so nervous...

7. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: Thanks for updating! Yes 6/5 will be my NT scan. I can't wait for the exhaustion to let up!

I told my work at 6 weeks because my nausea kicked in hard core that week. I knew they would all start asking since they knew we were trying. But I work for a small office that's VERY family oriented so I felt comfortable.

8. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: That's how I felt - and I was super nervous too though not with the same history as you have. I did tell my boss during meetings earlier in the year that we would likely be planning to have another kid and he was supportive then and defintiely encouraged me to not even consider laboratory plans/needs in my personal life - to do what we wanted and was best for our family and that we would figure things out here at work. I totally still did delay until I thought was a 'good time' and here I am with a due date days before the move is scheduled. What can ya do?

I'm a little nervous because a promotion has been sort of in the background as a possibility for me for a while now - from a local lab position to more of a regional position. It's something I already partially do - but it would be a created position vs. filling an existing opening. It hasn't panned out even with so much talk. I work closely with our division VP and she's talked about this as well. I think I'm most nervous to tell her because I don't want to inadvertently lose out on this or delay it. Then I think - what if they would push for it to be in place before I go on leave so and I'm sabotoging myself by not telling? Again, who knows. My director will not say anything to her about it unless I do myself or give him permission, so I at least don't need to worry about that. And the company seems to be quite mom/maternity leave friendly... I just don't know about this specific case because it's never really come up before.

9. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

So the actual CVS procedure wasn't bad at all. At first her was worried he might not be able to do it because of the position of my uterus (retroverted). He said sometimes they insert the speculum and it puts the cervix and uterus more in line, which fortunately for us, it did. Otherwise we were going to have to wait a few more WEEKS for an amnio. Turns out they do the procedure transvaginally and just insert a small plastic catheter, not a needle. I think the HSG I had a few years back was much worse. So now we wait... could hear as early as Thursday or Friday. Thanks for all the cheerleading and warm thoughts. It really does help.

10. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: i'm glad it was easier than you expected. I really hope those results come back this week for you!!

11. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm glad things went well. I hope the results are speedy and come back with good news. You're in my thoughts!

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

The bloat has come out in FULL FORCE this week. It's bad and people are going to start getting suspicious soon!

13. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: haha it's so bad. I had terrible bloat yesterday, to the point that I looked like I was 15 weeks along (I was looking at my last maternity pics). It hurt and I looked obviously pregnant. The first trimester sucks.

14. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: It’s crazy what happens between 1 and 2! I was poochy around 14 weeks with DD but didn’t tell work until 17 weeks I think? I feel like I got equally thick. Plus fall/winter time helped! Now it’s getting warm and dresses seem to emphasize it! I also lost 10 lbs just beforehand so I feel like it’s super noticeable. GAH!

15. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: that's the worst part. I got pregnant in the Fall last time, too. So it was easy to hide! Now it's HOT here so wearing a coat isn't exactly acceptable...and yeah, isn't it crazy how dresses show it?

Maybe people will just think you're gaining it back?

I'm thankful I only have 2 more days of work this week and then next week I'm traveling to a customer site so I don't care if I look pregnant there. When I get back, I'll be 12 weeks and hopefully will have results of NIPT back so I'll be able to tell (finally).

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: I got NIPT back but googled (m/c after NIPT and it’s all inconclusive) so waiting until NT which is next Thursday. At almost 13 weeks! Luckily I’m out Friday Monday and Tuesday. But man...

17. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Oh it's here. I don't even know if mine is bloat anymore or if it's just real, 2nd pregnancy belly. It seems to have happened so much earlier this time, but I started out heaver than with my last pregancy too so who knows.

I just realized that I can no longer 'suck it in' to hide it with any success. It also feels like it's staying in the way when I bend down at the waist where flab would just have folded under the pressure. I'm among the earliest due dates in the group though so that also might have a lot to do with it!

Dresses are my friend right now - and people at work will probably not be surprised when they find out because I don't think it's possible to gain weight and have a belly like this if you're not pregnant

18. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: hahaha. You know, one of my friends guessed because she said my swing dress gave it away!

19. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Yeah - I think it's definitely more obvious when I wear dresses vs. pants with nothing to kind of hold in the belly, but they're so much more comfortable!!

20. mediagirl

Oh man. My husband is going to hit the roof. Insurance didn't cover any of my NiPT test. That was a $1,000 vial of blood they just took from me. Ugh.

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: None?! What’s your deductible? The way I see it, I’m just getting closer to my OOP max now lol!

ETA: they won’t cover because of age?

22. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: well, my insurance rolls over on June 1st. Ugh.

23. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Oh no!!!! Luckily all the other u/s and delivery are after that?! See if insurance will cover based on age!

24. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: oh good point. I'm going to fight it to see if they will cover even partial b/c of age!

25. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: You’re “advanced maternal age.” Clearly there are risks!!

26. mediagirl

Oh and anyone want to see an ultrasound? The leg shot slays me. They have reset my due date to 12/12 and told me they induce in the 39th week for their 40+ mama's. So, this baby will be here by or before 12/12!

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Aww so cute!!! They induce early? Is that a 40+ thing? (And 40+ should definitely have that testing covered!! I’ll be one month into 35 and they did it lol)

28. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: yeah, they don't want their mama's who are 40+ at delivery to go past 40w.

29. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: I love the US!! so cute! I would fight them not covering the NIPT.

30. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: let me know if you need the article from the ACOG that recommends it for women >35 as standard of care.

31. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: thank you.

32. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

I did the Sneak Peak Gender blood test. I know the accuracy is dubious. Seems like the results are more accurate if you get a girl. I did it with my last pregnancy and I got "girl." This time I got "boy." I had to remind my husband that it's not that accurate, but there is a good chance it will be a boy. I have mixed feelings about it. I thought it would be nice if we had another girl because I wanted my daughter to have a sister. I grew up with a younger sister (1.5 years younger) and we've always been best friends (except for the high school period XD). Not sure how close brother and sister relationships are. Other than that I was okay with either gender. At 13 weeks you can do the optional gender ultrasounds, which I also did last pregnancy. I can't wait till 20 weeks XD

33. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@thepaperbutterfly: I thought about it too since so many people say it's so accurate.
    I will say I have 5 Brothers and I've always been very close to all of them. I have one older and the rest are younger. When we were young we had our moments, but my fondest memories are playing pretend with them. I never had to fight over being the princess or the pink ranger and they always made sure there was a girl part for me in whatever they were playing. I also met my best friend in 3rd grade and she kind of filled in as my sister to this day.

34. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@mediagirl: They should cover it. 35 is the standard. I didn't qualify last time because my due date was 2 weeks before I turned 35 but this time I am covered. (I'll be 38 at delivery).

Also if you call the company directly they usually offer a special where it's only like 2-3 hundred for the test not the 1k they like to advertise.

35. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Hey ladies - we had our TFMR this morning and I am doing ok. If it's ok with you guys, I may or may not still stay involved in the board. I feel invested in ya'lls pregnancies as well and want to hear the good news of how they are progressing, but that might not be for a little while. In the mean time, if you can take me off the group list that would be best.

36. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@yellowbeach: Commented on your other post but sending you so much love and strength right now. ♥

37. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: I hope you're getting some time to rest and heal this weekend.

38. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: Yeah I had today off (obviously) and have been feeling pretty well physically and amazingly emotionally I seem to be holding it together. DH left for work at 9pm, so now I'm all alone and in my own head. Going to call a support line in a little while just to get some stuff off my chest and maybe just to pass the time. I've never been through this before, so I don't know what to feel and expect. But overall I'm much better than I thought I would be.

ETA: I work tomorrow 10am-7pm and have Monday off.

39. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: I'm glad you have a support line to call. That has got to be helpful. I haven't been through anything like this before either but can imagine that's the best place to talk it out.... With people who understand.

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I’m going to lose my mind by December. Literally. I posted a while back of all my absentmindedness. Over the weekend? Left my credit card in a machine and a guy ran after me to return it. 🙄 I’m constantly losing things or misplacing them too!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee