Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

My stomach is ridiculous. I did not expect this! I mean, I did to an extent but not like this! And so early!

2. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

Test post. Seeing an update on the boards page but not the post!

3. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: Yay for insurance! I've been really struggling with the insomnia as well.

4. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@LindsayInNY: it's crazy, right? This stomach is nuts.

5. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

I had my ultrasound today and everything looked good. Baby had hiccups and kept turning away from us lol but we were able to get one profile picture.

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsMom: Aw so cute!!

7. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dc yoga bee: @LindsayInNY: Trying to play catch up since I've been gone for so long - so wanted to say CONGRATS to both of you!!!!

8. Katrocap

persimmon / 1230 posts

I started the page for January 2019 moms, but at my first ultrasound on Friday my due date was moved up a week to 12/30, so I guess I'm a December 2018 mom now!

EDD: 12/30/18

First child? Nope. We have a 5.5 year old son.

Any symptoms? Nausea, fatigue, dizziness

Who have you told? Immediate family, two close friends, my principal (I'm a teacher)

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? First trimester screening was scheduled for 7/2, but I have to reschedule it tomorrow because of the new due date. We are going on a two week vacation starting 6/16, so the only dates I can be seen are this Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. It's also the last week of school and I can't miss any work, so the appointment needs to be after 3pm. I'm stressed out that I won't be able to get in in time.

9. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Katrocap: Welcome! Glad to have you here!

10. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Well my mom called and got the results from our NIPT for the gender and surprised us with a reveal.....We're having another Boy!! We're very excited and a little relieved (their birthdays will only be a week or two apart so everything from DS1 will be season appropriate & honestly we have soooo much boy stuff I didn't know how we would fit any girl stuff in).

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: That's exciting! We have so much boy clothes that I also don't know what we would do if #2 ends up a girl.

12. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@Katrocap: Welcome! So glad to have you join us My daughter is also about 5.5 yrs so we have a similar age gap for my two. I hope your testing appointment all works out for the timing like you need it! That seems tricky and stressful but maybe considering the timing they can squeeze you in just right.

@MrsMom: Aw yay! I think we'll be in the same boat if ours ends up another girl (bdays less than a month apart and I saved SO MUCH).

13. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: @lindseykaye: Thank you! And Yes we have a ton of clothes left over (some DS1 never even wore because we had too much). And having five brothers I guess I'll have to get used to the fact I will forever be surrounded by handsome men!

14. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Sams Mom: I’ll swap?! Lol. We’re team green but I have loads of summer clothes for an end of June girl.

15. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I’m 14 1/2 weeks and swear I feel movement already. I know it’s earlier after your first but could it be?!

16. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Definitely! I've been feeling movement here and there for a couple weeks actually. Once you are familiar with what it feels like I think you can definitely tell earlier, plus your placenta may be in a different place this time and also lead to feeling movement more easily. Congrats - it's so nice to feel them and get that little reassurance

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LindsayInNY: I was and will be team green also... unless I get hit with Clomid multiples, then I have to know. I'm hoping my sister will go crazy on clothes shopping again if I have a girl, because she (single and childless) would show up at my house with a huge carters or target bag because they were having a great sale and she had points to use. I might have bought 20% of my son's clothes in the first year of his life.

18. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: I've been feeling some movement here and there for a couple weeks but this week I can really notice the movements. It's so Nice to feel!!!

19. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Anyone else having trouble with names? DD is Quinn Josephine. We knew it would be Quinn early on and took a little bit for the middle name. Now we easily have a dozen names for each gender, can barely agree on any, and I'm convinced we'll leave the hospital with "Nameless Baby in NY."

20. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Ohhh names. It took FOREVER to pick DD's name (Ellora Jean). We had a middle name for her first, a family middle name, so coming up with a first was a challenge. Plus we've had a boy name for years and years even before becoming pregnant with her so we hadn't considered girl names until after we found out the sex.
    Now, we have our boy name since it's the same favorite but if it's another girl I have almost no clue.
    I have a secret list I've been keeping but nothing is a standout yet. And I will have to see what hubs likes since we have a little bit different taste.
    I'm also picky about names for siblings - like I don't want another E name, or a name that ends in -a because I don't want them to rhyme. I also don't want it to be too similar to either mine or my husband's names. Nickname options are also nice (we call our DD Ellie most of the time but wanted a 'formal' option) but again I don't want the nicknames to rhyme. Sheesh.. so many things to consider.

21. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: @lindseykaye: Oh man the name game is hard! we've had girl names picked out forever, but boy names just seem hard to us. I had two picked out for DS1 and we waited until he was born to decide...then it took me three days in the hospital to decide which one! We just kept calling him baby boy HAHA This time DH says we have to have a name picked out ahead of time but I just can't commit until I see him. We currently have about 4 names and absolutely no clue on middle names yet.

With DS1 we had trouble agreeing on any names so we scrapped all the ones we didn't agree on and came up with new ones. It's hard but might be an option?

22. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: We definitely knew her name for sure before the hospital but didn't tell ANYONE because we wanted it to be a surprise and also didn't want to hear any negative comments that might make us doubt our decision. I'm going to guess we'll do the same again.

My DD likes to suggest names (some good, some ridiculous) and I've been thanking her and also telling her that 'the baby will tell us their name' as a kind of white lie to keep her from being offended that she doesn't get to pick lol. It's almost like having to meet them first to know what their name should be, right? I feel like it would be nice to tell her in advance but then she will 100% tell everyone what it is. Who knows though, we might decide and love it enough to let everyone in on the name this time around.

And yeah, we had a second choice name for DD but it's not even in the running for this kid if it's a girl because I feel like I don't want to use the second's / not-picked name, you know?

Funny though you have all these girl names and ended up with a boy, and we have a definite boy name and ended up with a girl. Of course that's how it would work

23. mediagirl

@Katrocap: hi! Congrats! I'm so excited you're in this group!

24. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: That's so cute that she wants to contribute names I would write them down in the new baby's baby book (if you do that) to show them one day! Melts my heart.

Yes I totally feel like I have to meet them first to know what name will fit. We recently had a friend say she was naming hers Mckenzie and kept asking for different ways to spell it and what sounded better ect...it went on for months....then the baby was born and they named her Olivia?!? Everyone was very confused, so I don't want to cause confusion LOL. However it does frustrate some members in my family that I wont pick a name sooner LOL.

I automatically thought we were going to use the other name we didn't use with DS1 but DH just told me he doesn't want to anymore so that's why we're so unprepared haha.

25. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: I should definitely do that! Something similar happened to my close friend where they picked the baby’s name, it was all over the baby shower - notes of advice for Baby X, on a banner, all of that. Then they changed the name before he got here

Is anyone keeping a pregnancy journal? I kept one for my DD but haven’t gotten one or started one for this baby yet. That might be a recurring theme of trying to maintain some of the special things for this second kid like I had done for our first.

26. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: Thinking of you oday! Hope you Scan went well!!

I kept a journal in the beginning of my last pregnancy (until things started going wrong). I thought about doing one for this one, but I just can't seem to find the time and I feel like this pregnancy is really going fast.

27. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

And it’s a... girl!

Today’s scan went well and we even got a DVD to take home which I didn’t expect. DD was shy but sweet and overall it was really nice to have her there with us.
    The midwife who delivered her was even at the office when we went for my appt. after so that was really wonderful to get to see her and for her to see DD again. We had run into her around town when she was small but then she moved away for a while and also was doing midwifery missionary work in Syria (kind of amazing) so it had been a long time.
    DD go to help the nurse take my blood pressure and then helped hold the doppler to hear the heartbeat with my midwife. Overall a fantastic appointment!

28. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@lindseykaye: So happy to hear this - what a lovely experience

29. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: YAY for another Girl!! I'm so glad you had such a great experience and something your daughter can remember being a part of.

30. Katrocap

persimmon / 1230 posts

I had my first trimester genetic screening today and am freaking out about the results. The baby has a 2.8mm nuchal transluceny which puts it in the 99th percentile and no detectible nasal bone. Unfortunately we are going on a two week vacation starting tomorrow so I won't be able to do genetic counseling or CVS/amnio until the first week of July. I also had my blood drawn for the NIPT and those results are supposed to be back in a week.

Has anyone had similar experiences or is familiar with this? I hate that I have to wait so long to find out more.

31. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@Katrocap: I hope everything is ok! The ultrasound tech told us it doesn’t matter how close to 3.0 the measurement is, they just want to see it under 3. Hopefully your results come out clear!

32. mediagirl

@Katrocap: ugh, the timing! I hope the results of NIPT come back very quickly for you so you have more info.

33. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

I'm DYING to know the gender of this baby! I'm 15 weeks today and I'm SO tempted to go to a 3D/4D place to have the early gender scan, however, I don't want to pay $90. lol My in-laws are coming tomorrow for the night on their way to Delaware and they were possibly going to pay for it but the timing won't work out! I'm busy at work and the place is only open until 3. #Firstworldproblems right? I know I can wait until 20 weeks but it seems so far!!

34. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Katrocap: Ugh the timing is awful! I hope the test results come back quickly and you can have answers soon! Hugs

35. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Christy412: Waiting is soo hard!!! With DS1 we broke down and did the gender scan at 16 weeks and I felt like it was so worth the $. I hope the wait passes quickly for you!

36. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@MrsMom: Haha I keep going back and forth.

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Katrocap: How far along were you when you had your NT? Could that make a difference?

38. ChillMama86

pea / 7 posts

@lindseykaye: Congrats on your girl! How exciting! We find out the sex on July 17th and are planning a gender reveal with our families on July 20th. We aren't sure if we are going to find out the sex just the two of us during the ultrasound, and then reveal to the family, or wait to find out with the family. Anyone else doing a gender reveal? Any fun ideas?
    About the pregnancy journal... I got the Sophie la girafe pregnancy journal...it's really sweet. I've been a little slow working on it though

39. ChillMama86

pea / 7 posts

Can anyone recommend a support band to use while exercising? I'm finally starting to feel good enough to run a little bit again (ran before pregnancy), but tried the other day and felt some pulling pain on the sides of my lower abdomen.

40. Katrocap

persimmon / 1230 posts

@lindsayinny: I was 11w6d, which I think is on the early side.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee