Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@Crystal: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything turns out ok. Did you find out if they'll get you in today?

2. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@kiddosc: I'm on west coast time, so I have to wait another couple of hours for the office to open.

3. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: Ugh how scary. It's a relief you have so many positive stories on your other thread, though! You'll be in my thoughts, please keep us posted.

4. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@NeonPink1234: Thanks for you kind words. I don't really feel strong or brave - mostly just crazy.

5. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

Hi everyone! Been quiet, I was on vacation with DH family last week. I started bleeding and cramping while gone. My OB said it was probably due to recent sex, but my complete lack of symptoms and return to feeling normal has me feeling like I miscarried. I go in for an us in a few hours. Hopefully @neonpink1234 luck rubs off on me!

6. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@LibbyLou: fx for you. I hope everything is ok.

@ms.line: I will, thanks.

7. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

OMG ALL THESE BABIES NEED TO CHILL OUT WITH THIS BLEEDING NONSENSE! Adding you to the good vibes list, @libbylou.

8. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@LibbyLou: I'm sorry! I feel for you! So many positive thoughts headed your way. I'm glad you'll get answers soon!!

@Crystal: at 6 weeks they'll be able to tell if there's a fetal pole and rule out ectopic and blighted ovum. They could do betas to ensure they are increasing. Small chance of a heartbeat but if you went back at the end of this week I'd bet there's a much greater chance of seeing the heartbeat. Hopefully you'll get answers soon and at least a little relief today!

9. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@ms.line: this!

10. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: SERIOUSLY!!!

@NeonPink1234: that's good news, I'm glad they'll be able to see something. I think we will definitely get betas as well.

11. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

Dr appt in 3 hours, then ultrasound and bloodwork.

12. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

If all goes well, I should graduate from my RE after my 8 week ultrasound. I have to choose a new care provider, and I'm struggling to pick between two practices. Both are equal in terms of insurance coverage and convenience. I've listed the other pros and cons below:

Option #1: Free-Standing Birth Center (staffed by CNMs)

Pros: Lots of amazing reviews; far less bureaucracy; jacuzzis in every room; much "cuter" vibe

Cons: Maximum stay of 12 hours after delivery (is this a con?); have to take baby to pediatrician at 1 day old; if hospital transfer needed I would end up at a good (but not great) facility; if I develop complications I'll be risked out into another practice

Option #2: Hospital-Based Midwife Practice (also all CNMs)

Pros: Part of one of the top women's hospitals in the country; don't have to bring baby to pediatrician until 1 week; 2-day hospital stay for natural birth; no potential facility transfer; much harder to be risked-out (CNMs can work with OBs/MFM)

Cons: Hospital is known as a "baby factory," rooms are very hospital-esque, operates under hospital's bureaucratic policies (must get hep-lock, minimal eating/drinking during labor, no delayed cord clamping, etc)

Right now my brain wants option #2, but my heart wants option #1. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

13. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@ms.line: That's a tough choice, but if it were me - I would choose the hospital. Others will probably have different opinions, so you ultimately have to do what's best for you.

I think unmet expectations are at the root of most disappointing birth experiences. The first place sounds wonderful, but you are probably envisioning a smooth birth. I've learned from Hellobee that birth rarely goes as planned or expected. I would be more comfortable in the hospital even though the amenities aren't as nice and there would be more restrictions. As long as I could prepare for that environment beforehand (and not expect something it's not) I would think I would ultimately be happier there. I'm usually focus on the worst-case scenario, so the extra security of the hospital would be worth it to me.

14. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@ms.line: That's so hard! I fell in love with my OB and they do the standard hospital births so I just never really thought twice. For me, and this is just me, it would come down to infant care if there were issues. All those one in a million scary stories have seemed to have happened in our family - so that's just my experience. I'd rather be uncomfortable if I know that my baby is in good hands.

You'll be more comfortable in Option 1 - through birth, etc. with their flexibility. If you have to take the baby to a ped day 1 its because they don't have peds around to check on the baby that first day. Who checks on the baby right away and are you comfortable with their ability to assess any major issues? And then, if your baby has to go to the nicu, are you comfortable with the one they would be sent to? If both of those are yeses with Option 1 - choose Option 1. The chances of anything bad happening are slim. But you want to make sure you are okay with the slim chance too.

But this is just me! You have to do what your gut tells you!

If you were 'risked out' would you get Option 2? Or do you have to decide now?

15. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@Crystal: longest 3 hours ever, I'm sure. Thinking about you!

16. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@Crystal: thinking of you too!

Just left my doctor. No baby, or sac. I had a feeling but I was still keeping a glimmer of hope. Glad to know definitely.

I will be popping back on once I'm able. I will be checking on all you Feb moms for sure! xo

17. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@LibbyLou: this just breaks my heart! I'm so so sorry!! Take care of yourself!

18. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@LibbyLou: I am so, so sorry friend.

@NeonPink1234: YUP. Longest couple hours ever. 1 hour 15 mins left.

19. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@LibbyLou: Oh my, I'm SO sorry.

20. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@LibbyLou: I'm so sorry hugs

21. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@LibbyLou: I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts.

22. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@ms.line: this is only a choice you can make for yourself. Personally, I'd go with two. I had a perfect delivery until I didn't. Then we were both in distress and within 20 minutes I was being cut open for my c-section.

23. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@LibbyLou: I'm so sorry

24. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Just wanted to update you all....I had my d&c today and am feeling OK so far. It was done at a Catholic hospital where they do burials for all the miscarriages, which gives me some closure and makes me feel better about it all. My husband got teary a couple times talking about the burial though. Sweet man. But I'm glad it's all over and we can move on now. I'll be able to start trying again after I get my next cycle.

Good luck to all the ladies and lots of sticky baby dust to you all!

25. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: i am so sorry. I hope you get to rest, and wish you a speedy physical recovery. I know from experience that mental recovery takes longer. I love that they did a burial, and that is very sweet about your husband.

26. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Thank you for updating us. I'm glad the procedure went smoothly, and I'm really happy to hear they honored your loss in such a meaningful way.

27. LibbyLou

kiwi / 739 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: so sorry for your loss. That sounds very special with the burial. Take care of yourself. I'll see you on the poas board in the future.

Thank you all for the kind words!

28. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: that sounds beautiful. I would have loved that option. I'm glad you got the closure you needed and that the procedure went well.

29. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@LibbyLou: I am so so sorry. We'll be here for you, but I know it's tough.

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I'm sorry you and your husband had to go through this. Wishing you peace.

30. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I'm glad everything went as well as it could. I think the burial is a very sweet gesture.

31. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Crystal: thinking of you.

32. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@LibbyLou: I am so so sorry. Thinking of you

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I'm glad you are feeling ok. That sounds really sweet that there is a burial. I am thinking of you. So sorry again for your loss.

33. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: @neonpink1234: @ladybee: Thanks for your input - you all have very good points to consider! Thankfully I don't have to decide for another 8 days.

34. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@ms.line: I would personally choose the hospital option. The birth center sounds so nice, but in the end I don't think my paranoia would let me choose that option. I know 100% that my DH would be much more comfortable in a hospital setting.

Had my first appt today, but just with the NP. Nothing terribly exciting, lots of paperwork, health history and do's and don'ts. She did talk to the doctor for me though, and they're going to give us a quick sneak peak at baby in two weeks when I have my appt. with the Dr! They don't usually do early ultrasounds unless there's a dating question, so I'm super excited they're going to sneak one in "under the table."

35. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@kiddosc: Thanks for your opinion! It's so funny, my DH wants me to stay out of the hospital all together! He actually would prefer for me to have a homebirth, but since it's not legislated in Pennsylvania, I don't really feel comfortable with that option.

Glad to hear you're getting a sneak peek! Hopefully the two weeks goes fast for you - waiting for my next u/s has been draaaagging.

36. misolee

persimmon / 1345 posts

Hello ladies

Always lurking but decided to do an update.

First of all, I'm praying for those ladies whose having trouble. I had a previous mc at 8 weeks and it's heart breaking. I just wanted to move on as fast as possible and start trying again but my friend gave me some advice that I remember still. She told me that you need to be able to grieve for your loss and let your bodies heal before moving on. Take care of yourselves ladies!

My current update. I'm right at around 7 weeks. Still being very cautious and taking it slowly. I have occasional queasiness that comes and goes (I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms with my first so I wasn't expecting any). Had a good beta last week and finally going into ultrasound tomorrow. Excited but still cautious. No other symptom but fatigue (but also its been super hot this week and when it's hot, I get sleepy).

Hopefully after tomorrow, I can be a little more relaxed. My mom told my dad so my parents know but I might start announcing in two weeks at my brothers wedding. (Not at the actual wedding but when we are with family).

Oh. My clothes are too tight. I've started undoing the button on my jeans bc I feel really uncomfortable. I guess I'll have to dig out all my maternity clothes soon.

37. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@misolee: Glad things are going well - keep us posted on your ultrasound!

38. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@misolee: Good luck today!! Let us know how it goes!

39. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

AFM, time is moving so slow. I have 3 weeks from this upcoming Monday before I get to see baby again. I don't know how I'm going to make it!

40. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: It's probably still too early right now, but have you considered buying a fetal doppler? It might give you some peace of mind to listen to your baby's hb between appointments. I'm sympathetic - I still have 6 days before my 8 week ultrasound and it's killing me. Feels like Thursday will never get here!

Is everyone else here planning on finding out the baby's sex before birth? I thought for sure we would find out, and then one of my friends who was team green gave me the most passionate speech about why I should wait to find out, and now I'm actually considering it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee