Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@ms.line: I have one from my previous pregnancy. With that one, the placenta was on top so it took me till 14 weeks to get the HB on the doppler. Team green is something I'm envious of. I do not have that kind of self control. I need to know the gender as soon as I can.

2. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@ms.line: We found out the sex the first time and will again with this baby. Knowing really helped me bond. The baby wasn't so much of an abstract concept, he was a boy, and I could begin to imagine our lives with a son.

3. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: Blah, 14 weeks seems so far away! I was reading my mom's pregnancy journal last night, and she first heard my heartbeat with a doppler (at the doctor's) at 14 weeks, and didn't have her first ultrasound until 24 weeks!! And that was at age 34, after 3 years of infertility. I don't know how she didn't lose her mind completely!

4. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@ms.line: that must of been hell!! We saw this LO at 7w4d and will now be waiting till 12w4d and I feel like its taking forever. It doesn't help that as a teacher I work with majority women so you hear all the "went in at 12 weeks, 20 weeks, and there was no heartbeat." That is my current fear and it's haunting me. My first pregnancy I was so excited I told everyone at 6 weeks then mc'd at 8. My second we waited till 13 weeks because I was so nervous. I told my friends at 5 weeks and most of work at 8 weeks so now I'm afraid of having a repeat of my first pregnancy.

5. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: I know it's so easy/unhelpful to say "don't worry," but just try to remember that missed miscarriages are statistically very rare - only 1% of all pregnancies. At this point, you have TERRIFIC odds that your baby will be just fine.

6. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

Hi, ladies. I hope everyone is doing well! I'm still waiting to hear from my dr about my betas. When I called the dr office this morning they said they had the results back from Tuesday's beta, but I was too nervous to ask. I know I'd obsessively google until I heard the second number, so I thought it better left alone.

Anyways, I just wanted to check in and say hi!

7. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Crystal: you're still waiting? What time did you get them done yesterday? Are you on the west coast?

8. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@ms.line: that does make me feel better. Thank you.

9. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: I can't believe you're still waiting to hear from them - I want to strangle them for you!

10. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@Crystal: Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

@ms.line: We're team green! I've always wanted to be. When we talked about hypothetically about children, DH wanted to find out, but after I told him the reasons why I wanted to wait, he completely got on board.

11. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: Can I ask what your reason are? I'm still building the case for myself.

12. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@Crystal: Oh my gosh! I would be on the phone every hour, you have amazing self control.

13. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ladybee: I got them done about 3:30 yesterday. Yep, I'm on the west coast. It was an outside lab, so they have to process it and talk to my dr.

@TemperanceBrennan: thanks.

@ms.line: thanks, I'm so anxious! I have so much nervous energy!

14. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: I think we're all anxious FOR you - I can't imagine how you're feeling. Lots of hugs!

15. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@kiddosc: I think most of it is sticking my head in the sand, lol.

@ms.line: thank you! I need the hugs!

16. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Crystal: Oh I see. We go to the Cleveland Clinic so if I were to go at 3:30pm they'd be ready by the office opening at 8:00am. I am anxious for you, I am familiar with beta hell. I hope it is over for you soon!

17. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@ms.line: We are solidly in the team green camp, but I'm not one of those people that will try to convince other people not to find out. To each their own

But for us, it's just that we don't have any compelling reasons *to* find out:
    - This is our first.
    - Neither of us have any sex preference.
    - We have eight nieces and nephews on DH's side, and none on my side so there is no family pressure to have a boy or girl. (We also have enough hand-me down clothing for both boys and girls to clothe sextuplets!)
    - I already have a plan for the nursery - it's not "gender neutral" on purpose, but will work for either sex.
    - I don't think knowing the sex would help me bond any more or less with the baby (totally realizing that this is different for different people).
    - We already have four names (two boy names and two girl names) that have been picked out forever and will wait to decide for sure after the baby is born. The boy name is pretty much settled, but we are still leaving it open in case it doesn't suit him.
    -No desire to have any gender-reveal party.

Other silly reasons to not find out:
    - I think it will be fun to have people make guesses throughout the pregnancy. (But hopefully not in relation to how I look "You look awful, you must be having a girl"). I especially think our nieces and nephews will be excited about the surprise.
    - DH hopes to have the moment where he walks out into the waiting room to announce the name/sex to family. (It might not happen this way, but he'd like to have the chance).
    - We want to keep the names semi-secret. It will be easier to do if we don't know the sex, I think.
    - This is totally me over-thinking things, but I don't want to put my baby into any gender-related stereotype boxes before he/she is even born.
    - My MIL and her sisters will go crazy with super-girly outfits and I'd like to avoid that as long as possible (fully realizing that this will likely happen after the baby comes anyway).

Holy cow - didn't realize this got so long - SORRY!

18. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@Crystal: Hopefully you can keep busy so the time goes faster.

19. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: I think that's a great list! I have definitely considered that I don't want to set expectations for my baby based on gender before s/he's even born. I'm also not a fan of super-gendered clothing (like princess stuff for girls and "ladies' man" stuff for boys), so I'd like to avoid getting those kinds of things as gifts. I think I have a slight girl preference and DH has a slight boy preference, but we'd both be very happy either way - it's our first. Also, women have only routinely been finding out the sex via ultrasound for the past 25 years or so, and I think it would kind of cool to have a similar experience to my mom/grandma/women throughout history.

20. misolee

persimmon / 1345 posts

Hello again

Went in for my ultrasound today and saw a heartbeat and the one baby. My betas were extremely high and even the doctor was surprised to only find one. I was kinda hoping for twins but will be happy for a successful full term pregnancy. I go in again for another ultrasound in a week and half.

Another exciting thing is we got clear due date of February 25th. And baby is measuring exactly how they should be at 7w0d. Heartbeat was good too!

My Hubby wants this one to be a boy but I'm secretly hoping for a girl so I can pass down LOs stuff.

21. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@misolee: Yay, glad to hear everything looked good!!

22. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Hi everyone

Instead of a nurse covering for my doc (who wouldn't allow a dating US) a new doctor is covering and ordered me one to confir and date the pregnancy! It's next Monday when I'll be ~9 weeks or so.

23. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: That's exciting news!

24. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: thats great news!!

25. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Time is moving soooo slow.

26. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: Haha yes, I feel like I'm going to lose my mind before Thursday!

27. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@ms.line: I go to my OB tomorrow but nothing big. We won't see baby till August 3rd. That's a whole three weeks. I might go crazy.

28. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

I feel you guys on time going so slow. I thought that since this is my second, things would move quickly. You always hear of people saying they had no idea how many weeks they were and they'd have to check their app on their second. Nope. I had my ultrasound on Monday, by Thursday I told a friend that it was 'last week.' Or three days ago.

We are definitely going to find out the gender. It makes everything more real for me. And this if its a boy, well need a bit of non pink items :). I am 100% convinced it's a boy, that I almost don't need to find out. I was planning to ask about the blood test that screens for chromosomal abnormalities and gender. But I think Id rather wait until 18 weeks. Not that I care when I know, but once MIL knows, it'll all be names and all this stuff I'm not ready for. I am pretty content knowing its a boy. I could technically be wrong. But I was right with DD and felt the same conviction super early.

29. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@NeonPink1234: I thought with the second it's fly by too. Maybe it does after the first trimester? I'll be back to work after my 12 week scan so I'm hoping that makes the 8 weeks fly by. I desperately want this baby to be a girl. If it's another boy, I'll never have a daughter and that breaks my heart. If we both get opposite genders we can switch clothes!

30. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

You know you are pregnant when you drop your poptart in the trash and grab it super fast BC you know you'll die if you don't eat it.

I don't even like poptarts. Or food that fell in the trash.

Luckily there was nothing else in the trash, but I'm sure that bag wasn't sanitary.

31. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@ms.line: I like your last point too. I wonder if my mom would have found out with me if she had the choice. I'll have to ask!

@Mrs. Champagne: Yay! Just a little more waiting instead of a lot more. It's next Wednesday for me. Can't get here soon enough!

@NeonPink1234: I imagine it is a little more fun to see it on the ultrasound screen instead of a written test result!

@ladybee: Fingers crossed for a little !

@NeonPink1234: You also know you are pregnant when you sleep in and have to drive through fast food for breakfast, but after you do, you realize that you can't (won't) eat what you ordered so you go to Panera as well.

32. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@TemperanceBrennan: hahahaha. Been there. This time around, nothing sounds good, but when I find something I can eat, I do eat it. With DD it would sound okay and the minute I got it I'd have to throw it away. Made going out to eat hard!

33. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@NeonPink1234: lol you gotta do what you gotta do!

34. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@NeonPink1234: You know you're pregnant when you have chicken ramen for dinner and raisin bran for dessert. It was all that sounded good

35. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@kiddosc: hahahaha sounds like a great combo!

36. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@kiddosc: Omg I'm eating so much ramen and cereal! Glad to know I'm not alone.

37. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

How's everyone feeling?

I'm nauseous on and off throughout the day (but not actually vomiting, thankfully). I've been drinking a ton of sparking water to help with the nausea, and I also bought some Preggie Pops, although I'm not too impressed so far. I also have horrible constipation and I'm always tired. My boobs are really big and super sore. Lovely!

38. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@ms.line: Ugh - I am so nauseous too. It comes and goes throughout the day - I've been sick once. Was hoping to hide this a bit longer, but we're sleeping at my parents house later this week and I don't think I can cover this up. First ultrasound next Tuesday.

39. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

Hi ladies! I had my first ultrasound yesterday and baby was measuring perfectly at 7 weeks 6 days and a heart rate of 177 bpm!! I was SO anxious and nervous, then so relieved and happy!! Hearing the heartbeat made it all so real. My doc is kind of awesome and is bringing me in for a heartbeat check on the Doppler/ultrasound in two weeks since I had a mc at 7/8 weeks last time, so I get to say hi again then Still nervous, but starting to have a little more faith that this one will work out! I guess this terrrrible nausea can stay for a few more weeks if this is what it's growing

Here's our little guy/gal!

40. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@CObee: So excited to see an ultrasound picture and SO HAPPY everything is looking good! It's great you have a doctor that will help ease your worries with a heartbeat check. I bet it feels so good to know everything going smoothly. Yay!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee