Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 POAS

1. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@afc061018: haha I totally do this and then decide oh must be pregnant because my temp was higher than last cycle πŸ˜‚

@MrsMom: ha! We have sex a lot in general ttc has sorta condensed it though. My cervix gets sensitive after o and I hate seeing spotting after we have sex so we mostly don't too much after o

2. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: did you wait til you were really late to test? My understanding is you can't tell you're pregnant from a test until you're like 18dpo

3. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

Well firmly into the TWW on CD21. Hubby is away again for work so I've got my mom staying with me so that's providing some amount of distraction at least! We managed to hit CD11/13/15/17 but I don't really know when I O'ed so I am not feeling really hopeful. Going to try to hold out on testing this time until my period is actually due. The early testing last time was just super disappointing.

4. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@MamaBear87: I’m sure it’s fine. I just think there might be some magical quality to changing things up. And I am still hoping for you this cycle!!!

5. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@yogifish: not testing is hard, but I've been less sad when I've just waited and not tested

@Ms.Mermaid: if we have a next cycle. Hoping SO hard we don't! My plan is to try eod but hubby won't be happy πŸ˜‚

6. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: I tested and got a faint line at 9dpo last time, but I saw my O very clearly and my temp went up and didn't move except for Implant. When I had my dating US it was exactly right on with my chart. It might've been a fluke that it all worked out, but I just knew it when I looked at my chart. I don't have it anymore or I would show it to you.

7. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yogifish: Hang in there, hopefully you hit good timing. I'm holding out till AF is due because I really don't know when I o'd.

8. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: lol I'd say that's more intuition than your chart showing the pregnancy 😝

9. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: Probably...but it worked HAHAHA

10. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@MamaBear87: @MrsMom: yup agreed easier said than done though! I think with my little guy I tested early maybe CD24/25 and nothing and then got a positive on CD28. I had convinced myself I wasn't pregnant and then just kind of forgot about it and my period was late and then it was like oh...hmm!

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: i wish I had the same certainty! My temp is higher this month on the same cd so I'm hoping that's a good thing. It's also 4th day of just the tiniest bit of spotting though so who knows πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

12. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@yogifish: @MrsMom: at least all of us are nearish with testing dates so we can all be crazy together!!

13. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: @yogifish: I decided I'm not even going to buy a test until AF is due....DH does most of the shopping since it's on his way home from work so I would have to make a special trip to get one. Soo basically I lock myself in my house with no tests LOL.

14. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: I wish I still had the same certainty Ha! Hopefully the spotting is just a little bean burrowing in!!

15. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

Okay experts, help me here. I finally got my FF app to work right and noticed that I noted on CD15 in January that I had what felt like could be O pain. But then got my period on what would have been CD27. So, could it have been O pain or just annoying pain?

16. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

A 12 day luteal phase is totally reasonable. 10-16 days are all considered normal

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsMom: I am a test hoarder, part of the reason I test early I guess, I have lots of tests!

18. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@MamaBear87: @MrsMom: it's nice to have company! I have tests...that's part of my problem too they are already in the house and I have no willpower. So we'll see if I can make it this time!

19. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@LAZB: @yogifish: @MrsMom: yeah, the problem with tests in the house is...they get used all.the.time. But they are reassuring, like last night I got a and took a steamy hot bath, not worried I was boiling anything.

@MamaBear87: good to know!

20. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Ginaandcorey: That's a good way to look at it! We're going to Disneyland on the 20th, so i'll test before then if AF doesn't show just in case.

@LAZB: @yogifish: I do lack some self control because I have the tests saved in Amazon ready to order LOL.

21. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ginaandcorey: haha true. If I get a negative I will be drinking wine and eating raw tuna!

22. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

I'm 100% out of tests and I'm determined not to buy any until AF is late. I'm also just entering the tww and already like, "Oh I'm craving avocados must be preggo even though I totally love avocados anyway whatever PREGGO."

23. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@afc061018: eat all the avocados!!

24. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

Okay ladies, RE appointment was VERY informative. I live in MD and went to a Shady Grove fertility (SGF) branch and they were awesome! I felt like every question I had was answered up front, before I had even asked. I saw the doctor first, then a patient care nurse, who will be assigned to me and my husband during the whole process- we also got another nurse, too. A friend of mine who had (successful!) IVF at SGF said that the nurses are the an important part because they will spend the most time with you- and I was told we have an awesome team.

First up, preliminary blood work and such for Dh and I- and sperm analysis for him. Hope to get this stuff done this week.

AF was supposed to start for me yesterday, but she has not arrived yet. Holding out and waiting to test on Saturday. Willpower, baby! I can do it.

So if AF arrives, I call SGF, then we do β€œday 3” testing, then schedule another appointment from day 5-12 for an X-ray of my lady parts.

Other than that, just waiting on test results- nurses said they were crossing their fingers that I won’t have to see them. Guess we shall see this week- although as usual, I try so so so hard not to get my hopes up!

Hope this helps- if I can fill any blanks please feel free to ask!

25. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Kmomartin: I'm so glad you had a good appointment and feel comfortable with your team. That's very important. Sounds like you have a good starting plan and hopefully you will have some answers and a plan soon. Of course still holding out hope you wont have to go back for a follow up because you got your BFP.

26. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@MrsMom: thank you!

27. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: I know a lot of Shady Grove success stories! They have a really high success rate and I hear consistently good things. Hoping you get a BFP soon and don't need to do the testing, but it sounds like you are in good hands.

28. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@Kmomartin: Thank you for the update! This is really informative and good to know. I like the idea of a dedicated team; hopefully our RE does the same. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we both end up with BFPs and don't have to move forward with REs!

29. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Well 2 temp drops in a row 😭 never an encouraging sign. My hubby is gone this weekend so not looking forward to my period coming alone

30. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MamaBear87: well, I'll hang out with you in solidarity this weekend. I'm 99.9% sure AF is coming either tomorrow or Friday. I feel too normal to be pregnant. I'm sorry about your temps.

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: gah! It's somehow worse to be due for af on or right before a weekend!
    I felt completely normal with my lo, until almost a week later when I finally took a test, so maybe us feeling normal is a good thing!

32. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@afc061018: @Kmomartin: hope you both get a bfp and get to skip the re appointments!

33. karenbme

persimmon / 1418 posts

Hi ladies, sorry I've been so quiet, but you all are further along than me, and I didn't really ttc the first time so I haven't had a lot to add, but I need a sanity check. In a normal cycle I usually O around day 11, but like I said in my intro I had a loss in Nov. and things have been weird since then. So Saturday I got what looked like an almost positive OPK on day 7, which I didn't think much of. Then on Sunday I was SO horny (sorry if tmi) so much that we BD twice (otherwise we've been EOD). Sunday through today OPKs have been clear negative, and I'm wondering if it's possible the Saturday near positive and crazy sex drive meant I Oed on Sunday. It would have been day 8 which seems early, but my cycles are on the shorter side and weird recently. Is that crazy???

34. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@karenbme: not crazy at all. I would keep up with the opks just in case but it's totally reasonable that you missed your surge if you have a short one

35. karenbme

persimmon / 1418 posts

@MamaBear87: Thanks, I feel a little less crazy now. FWIW, I started OPKs last month, but never got one darker than what I had on Saturday. I have been testing twice a day, though ~12pm and ~5:30pm, so I'm not sure I would have missed the surge, but who knows, I'm also using a no name amazon brand so anything is possible.

I also noticed that I could smell DH's breath (in a bad way) when we BD last night even though he had just brushed his teeth, which was an early symptom last time. Not that I really think 3dpo is early enough to have symptoms, but it started around or possibly before implantation last time so who knows. Fingers crossed that I'm pregnant and DH doesn't just have bad breath, though.

36. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@karenbme: Just chiming in to say I agree with Mamabear. I think I had my peak surge really fast this cycle, too, and it was three days earlier than it has been. FX for you!

37. karenbme

persimmon / 1418 posts

@afc061018: Thanks for the second. Fingers crossed for you, too.

38. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@karenbme: i never got insanely dark positives with the cheap opks. As long as the line is the same or darker than the control it's considered a positive.
    In an effort to make myself less crazy I repeat 'it's only progesterone' to myself all the time. It can cause all the same symptoms that early pregnancy can. It totally helps until you get to the tail end of the tww πŸ˜‚

39. karenbme

persimmon / 1418 posts

@MamaBear87: I'll have to remember that one πŸ˜‚

40. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

Well, I just ordered a Tempdrop since the sight of my bbt makes me anxious (I think it makes me sleep like crap because I'm so nervous about sleeping like crap lol). It's like the ava only it goes around your upper arm and only monitors your temp. Fingers crossed it works... I won't be able to start using it until next Friday because we're leaving for vacation before it will get here. I hope I will still have enough days before ovulation to see the shift (I don't think I will O until the following Wednesday).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee