Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 POAS

1. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: if it's like ava it will take 4-5 days before it knows what part of the night to read you. I had a similar timeline the month I got ava and that month was useless because I was too close to o.

2. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: That’s what I was afraid of. But I did read somewhere that with Tempdrop I can go in and see the raw data and manually pick a temp from a certain time while it figures me out.

3. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: my concern with that would be how are you going to know which temp to choose? I'd just do opks this month and not rely on the tempdrop until the following month

Also glad to see someone else who pulled out the big guns early 😂 hopefully it works faster for you

4. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: Oh yeah for sure on the OPKs. That’s my plan.

My DS sleeps through the night and everything I just find temping sooooo much more annoying this time around.

5. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: More thoughts on the bbt... Please correct me if I’m wrong. But isn’t bbt just our resting temperature? Pre technology you had to be awake to take it with a thermometer, but now that we have devices that take it while we’re asleep we don’t have to wake up. I set my alarm to take my bbt now so I’m not naturally waking up or anything before hand. I would think as long as long as I know I’ve had a decent stretch of sleep before hand I would think checking say the 4am temperature it takes everyday would be pretty accurate don’t ya think? Sorry for the book, like I said, I’ll be using opks anyway, I just like bouncing thoughts off you guys.

6. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: I know ava factors in quite a few things in what temperature she uses. It's not necessarily the lowest temp of the night. I'd just make sure you aren't altering what it's learning by picking temps

7. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@BadgerMom: I've never heard of of Tempdrop, so I'll be curious how you like it. I had a month with erratic sleep (I think I was stressed over TTC and work), and I kept dreaming about taking my temp and then waking myself up a million times a night, which of course messed up my temps! I was so frustrated. It makes sense to me that if you pick the 4 a.m. temp it would work, but take that with a grain of salt bc I've never even heard of Tempdrop until now. Mamabear may be right about messing it up. Off to Google it now!

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2647 posts

Here as a cheerleader 📣!

9. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

BFN at 9 dpo, not super surprising. On to tomorrow

10. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@yellowbeach: Thanks for the !

@LAZB: Will you test again in a few days?

11. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@afc061018: I’ll test again tomorrow:) I know 9 dpo is early, so I am not disappointed.

12. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Well I'm out. My period got here early. I'm considering maybe my little should be an only. It's just so stressful to go through this every month

13. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@MamaBear87: I’m so sorry. I think it’s probably worth seeing an MD or an RE to see if there might be an easy fix, like if there is a thyroid issue or something else treatable with medication, before you decide you’re done, if you know you want a second. A lot of places will see you after six months of well timed sex.

14. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@BadgerMom: that looks interesting. I find it impossible to remember to temp before getting up in the morning.

@afc061018: that's what I've been struggling with, too. I'm really stressed out right now and am up a million times a night and my temps are all over the place. I also forgot 2x in a row. Temping sucks.

@LAZB: fx for tomorrow or the next day that you get your !!

@MamaBear87: oh dear, I'm so sorry. Would you consider going to see your OB to get some help/ideas on what is going on? Hugs.

15. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@LAZB: if I stare at the FRER long enough I can imagine a line on it. I had a BFN in the morning on 9DPO too so FX for tomorrow!

16. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: @LAZB: I totally sat here and stared at your FRER for a while before actually reading your post (I read from the bottom up) and totally imagined a line, too. Haha!

17. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: @Ginaandcorey: right now I literally can't imagine finding out something is wrong and having to do this several more months so not sure if I'm going to make an appointment with my midwife. I'm really struggling with feeling guilty for being so upset when I already have a daughter and feeling like a failure for not being able to give her a sibling.

Thank you both for the sympathy. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow but today is just hard.

18. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@MamaBear87: it is totally okay to be upset! You probably always imagined your family a certain way, and it is okay to be mourning that. If this one sticks my kids will be 4 years apart which was never what I wanted but unfair stupid things happened and I had to wait an extra year to even start trying and I feel so sad and guilty that my daughter won’t have a sibling she can really play with for awhile, really possibly ever. It’s required a lot of adjusting between how I pictured things and how things might end up.

I highly recommend the book One and Only if you think you might want to be done. It was helpful for me and reinforcing that I was not a failure if I decided not to give my kid a sibling, and that my kid wouldn’t suffer if I didn’t.

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: i have a 4 year age gap with my brother and while we did fight a fair bit as kids, we had no issue playing with each other and we are now great friends. I think it's all in how you raise your littles 😊 in that sense I think having the second not work perfect is harder than the first. I'd love the same age gap as my hubby and his brother which we've actually got 4 months until we're over

I'll grab it in kindle. I could for sure use a pep talk about all this

20. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm so sorry to hear this. Your feelings are valid; never feel guilty for having them. It means you care. As I stare down a RE apt. and jump between imagining the worst and the best, I have to keep reminding myself that my emotions aren't a problem to be instantly solved. It's a process. You'll know which direction feels right as you work through the disappointment of this round. We're always here to help/listen.

21. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@MamaBear87: hang in there!

22. karenbme

persimmon / 1418 posts

@MamaBear87: So sorry! It's hard when you don't think your family is going to turn out as you planned, and you have every right to grieve that. Don't feel guilty for your daughter, though. At the end of the day, she will be happy as an only or with sibs whatever the gap, because she'll have a loving family and that's what really matters. And if it helps DH is one of 4 kids in 6 years, and has always been closer with his friends than his siblings, so there's no guarantee that any number of siblings or spacing will give your daughter a built in BFF.

@LAZB: 9 do is so early! Fx for the next test.

23. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@LAZB: oh you are for sure not out yet! you're right around me for testing time and I am not even going there until at least Monday if I can help it.

24. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@MamaBear87: I’m so sorry, sending lots of good vibes your way!

As an only child, I personally don’t feel like I was disadvantaged by not having other siblings. I was not spoiled (many people are surprised when I tell them I’m an only child- I can never tell if it’s a compliment- haha). I think being an only child gave me the ability to make friends easily, learn independence and be self-sufficient. I also had many friends growing up (that I still have) that are really treated like my family. I think not having that “built in friend/sibling” can work for some kids- but all in how they are raised by their awesome parents! Not sure if this will be reassuring for you, but I really cannot imagine my childhood any other way, and it was a good one!!!

25. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@karenbme: @yogifish: definitely early! I tested negative with my daughter at 9 dpo, so still hopeful
    @Ms.Mermaid: @Ginaandcorey: now looking back, I feel like I see a shadow too, but I don’t think it’s there in person. I tossed the test though, I can’t keep staring at it!
    @MamaBear87: I’m sorry

26. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@LAZB: yes me too (well or CD24 since I have no idea when I ovulated apparently) and then a positive at CD28 so fingers crossed it's the case for both of us this time too!!!

27. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LAZB: I thought the same when I looked at it. Thought I saw a line but figured if you didn't see one in person I must have line eyes. Hopeful for you!

28. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm so sorry your struggling right now. Try to take some You time and collect your thoughts. I have five brothers, the first 3 are within 5 years of my age, the last two are 12 & 16 years younger than me and no matter the difference they're all my best friends. Age gap is what you make of it. I completely understand the pressure you're putting on yourself. My DH is an only child and has voiced many times that it is not the life he wants for his son, so I somehow feel like it's my job to remedy the situation. But I can also see us very happy with our 1. Sending you so much

29. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: I just wanted to add that the reason my DH is against a only child is because his parents definitely lacked in the parental department and did the minimum to help him survive. He was very lonely. So I agree with you about it's all in how you are raised.

30. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I may not be pregnant, but progesterone is kicking my butt. I was irritable yesterday and soooo tired today. Plus I’m watching this is us while folding laundry, and having a full blown melt down.

31. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MamaBear87: thinking about you. I know the feelings of disappointment over age gap. Mine are going to have a 6.5 year age gap (if this happens within the next 2 months) and that is waaaay bigger than I wanted. But, life happens. And I have cried a lot over it, it's totally, totally normal to grieve the "perfect" situation that hasn't happened.

32. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm so sorry, lots of hugs. I think TTC, especially when you're pretty deep in it like you are is like a grieving process every month. You'll know where to go from here after you give yourself some time to be sad/mad/etc. If it helps at all I could have written the exact post as @Kmomartin: did, as I'm an only child as well.

@Ginaandcorey: Thank you for that. Ideally I would have been pregnant at this time last year, but life got in the way and we didn't reach a good time to try until recently. I've fretted a lot over a 4+ age gap even though I know whatever happens will happen and it will turn out just fine.

33. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: i almost feel like I'm more grieving that this will happen again. That we have to try to get a second and then I'm just so overwhelmed that we aren't pregnant again. I hate uncertainty so this whole maybe thing for 5 months is just destroying me. And then hubby said this morning 'well if it doesn't happen we'll just adopt'. Which I'm open to adoption but I feel like it's even worse with the uncertainty/out of your control feeling

34. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: @MrsMom: @LAZB: @Kmomartin: @karenbme: @afc061018: (hopefully I didn't miss anyone) Thank you all for the words of sympathy and encouragement! I've spent the whole morning crying because getting your period and being sad/mad/disappointed at the same time is oh so much fun. Hopefully tomorrow I can look at things with fewer hormones and less crying in the way. Im sure the right Avenue will present itself

35. karenbme

persimmon / 1418 posts

@Ginaandcorey: @BadgerMom: FWIW I was closest growing up with my little brother, who is 6 yrs 1 mo younger--was totally obsessed with him when he was a baby and I was in elem school, and made room for him in my life even through surly teenage years. It was different than it would have been had my sister and I gotten along better (we're 2 years apart), but still a great relationship on both ends. But I know not getting what you imagined is hard. Ideally I would have been pregnant 3 yrs ago, but a health issue and then a loss and here we are.

36. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm so sorry about AF. I just have to respond because I was in the same EXACT situation. By month 5-6, I figured that if it happened yet, it wasn't going to happen so we started seeing an RE and did one medicated cycle that was a flop. I was so discouraged because I got pregnant so easily before...got pregnant my first month TTC, got pregnant again which ended in a loss at 10 weeks, got pregnant the next cycle with my son. I figured that something must have gotten damaged, maybe I wasn't ovulating so I took femara, or maybe my tubes were blocked, my uterus had scar tissue...I mean, really I was worried about everything because for 8 months nothing happened. I would cry boxing up all of my son's baby stuff because I was devastated at the thought that I would never do it all again. And then the month before all the testing and bloodwork it happened and I am now almost 10 weeks. The only thing I changed was taking ubiquinol (sp?) and doing acupuncture. I think every cycle is just a rolling of the dice...like are you going to release from the 80% of eggs that are no good or the 20% that are. Once again, I am sorry that you are in this frustrating place, but keep holding out for that 20%.

37. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@crazydoglady: Thank you. I very much needed to hear that. Gives me hope that hopefully we too are just taking a few extra months.
    Congrats on your new little 😊

38. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@crazydoglady: Which Ubiquinol did you use? I'm thinking of having DH take it so I can think I'm doing some productive about his "old sperm" lol.

39. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

I am holding out until Saturday to POAS, but I’m having such weird skin issues the past few days. Totally dry, red face (even through foundation?!) ...now I’m noticing the dryness on my arms. I do have eczema on my hands in the winter, and it’s been unseasonably cold here in MD, so maybe that’s it. But there’s always that little voice in my head that says “early pregnancy symptom” ?! I wish men had to worry about this stuff!!!!

40. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@LAZB: I definitely see a line on the FRER, no squinting required!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee