Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Peasinapod: Me too! My first wasn't a great sleeper, wasn't the worst either, but I don't have much expectations. But I am more inclined to try harder to encourage good sleep; when I go back to work I really need all the hours at night before I sleep to get stuff done with two kids!

@Smurfette: You're doing a great job! We can only keep trying! K can totally put herself back to sleep too... I've had to ignore her many times when big sister is home. I find that she moves a ton and makes a lot of noise but she is able to go back to sleep. For some reason tho at night, she doesn't just whimper.. When she wakes she just cries till I get her. I don't know of the colic drops are helping or not... I give her that and gripe water and gas drops (not all at once) but she still grunts and squirms and cries sometimes at night.

@IRunForFun: I thought the soothies (darn autospell stop changing it to smoothies lol) are so heavy! I don't know why kids love them! I basically just keep trying to shove one in her every once in a while. Maybe when she starts taking a bottle she will take a paci too. She's gonna start daycare at 6 mo so I really need her to take a paci by then haha!

And yes to sleeping on the side! That's how K sleeps usually. For naps I even let her sleep on her stomach if she likes it since I can watch her the whole time.

2. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

I still don't get what's up with the ghost pages! Bump.

3. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: I would try the side. She sleeps on her side when sleeping with me. I thought about rigging up something for in the crib too.
    @babypugs: @IRunForFun: @snowjewelz: well she puts herself to sleep with my help. She cries and I pick her up and soothe her and then put her back down. If only I could get her to go into a deep sleep when she does that. It is 12:30 and she has napped for 40 mins total today. Looks like I am going to have to hold her to get her to actually sleep. I don't mind it really but I just need her to learn to sleep on her own. I can't keep the nights up by myself. Not to mention she starts day care in 6 weeks so I need to start working on it.

4. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Yes on encouraging good sleep habits! I'm working really hard this time because I will not survive back to work with two kids (plus 1.5ish hours of driving time) if I'm living on 15 minute stretches of sleep until 8 months. Nope nope nope.

5. snowjewelz

@babypugs: I didn't even realize I went to the next page!

@Smurfette: Sadly I just think it takes them some time... Unless they are those unicorn champion sleepers from the get-go! I really do need to start letting her sleep in bed and going in a million times if I have to.. I have a month left of maternity leave and I don't want my mom to have to wear her or hold her forever either.

I usually try to do 1 nap in bed, then the other I will wear her b/c I need to get stuff done! She's been sleeping since I think 10 wrapped up. So this afternoon I will have to try to put her down in bed.

6. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I know it takes time, which is why I am working on it now. I need to remember how little she is but I get so frustrated. I forget how much I am not a newborn person as much as I love the cuddles.

7. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: It's hard when they can't tell you what they need, and don't reciprocate anything! I remember with DD1 I just felt like a milk cow most of the time and had a rough time bonding at first. I think it's a little better mentally for me this time b/c I know what's to come.

She started smiling at "talking" so that def helps me bond with her now! They are lucky they are cute

8. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: That is amazing about your ILs. I was the same until DD1 arrived. Thought I was so lucky.....bleh! Now I just have low expectations and know not to get too close. I really just want them to have a good relationship with our kids, as the friction of distance will be hard to be really close.

@Peasinapod: How was your LOs appt today? Hope good

@IRunForFun: Hope your nipples are healing up okay! We offered DD2 a paci already, it literally does its job soothing her, moments we couldn't live without it! In the car for sure and in those frantic evening times. I try really hard not to use it to get her to sleep, but probably a lost cause and we can worry about weaning down the road, bleh!!

Definitely position on side with rolled receiving blankets!! That's how DD is in the bassinet most of the time.

@snowjewelz: I love the smiles and "talking", too funny now because there's not much coming out, but you can tell it won't be long before there will be!!

This was my DS's last week in daycare. Figures he is home today and rest of the week. Another effing fever, blown up throat white spots and red back there. Just finished 10 days of amoxicillin and now 10 more days on something that's one up from that. Poor dude. Fever of 39.9 at the doc this morning.

I had my 6wpp checkup today. And a pap....lol. Funny how that's so not a big deal anymore. I got a shot of depo, I should do the math on when I will be due for that again and get it in my calendar asap. We'll see how it goes this time. Got the okay for DTD and working out, not sure which one I am more excited for!! Today's weight 169lbs, need to take measurements and get my butt in gear. I got a poutine on the way home and a mcflurry, eating whatever I want today and need to clean up my eating tomorrow on....except for my Birthday in a couple days, haha #fail. Starting physio March 1st, got that booked too.

B had her best night ever last night, but of course Momma paranoia and then feverish DS up for two hours really put her stretch on the backburner, but it was great for her to have that stretch!

9. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: weight gain seemed to be on track which is good because I couldn't up the feedings even if theyd said to! She's 9lbs at 3.5 weeks feels pretty sturdy to me.

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

I'm glad you all think sleeping on side might be OK. I googled it and of course it was all horror stories and "never do it." But today I set her on the boppy for tummy time and she shifted to her side and fell asleep! So I feel like that solidified for me that she is a side sleeper. Gonna try to rig something up for the bassinet tonight.

@Peasinapod: Yay on weight gain! How much was she at birth?

I'm currently trying to troubleshoot how many ounces DD should be eating in one feeding since I'm pumping now. We've been giving her 2 ozs at a time and she eats every 2 or 3 hours. I'm thinking maybe we need to go up to 2.5 ozs...

11. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: my lo sleeps so well laying on me on her side! She doesn't sleep unless swaddled if she's not on me.

She was 8lbs 4.5 ounces at birth.

12. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: my pedi said most take 4 ozs by a month old.
    @sunnyday: my appointment is tomorrow, dreading the scale but I need to see it to kick my butt in gear. 6 weeks till I go back to work and I need clothes to fit me!

13. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Wow 4 ozs!! Her last bottle I tried 2.5 ozs and she didn't even finish it. We have a pedi appt on Monday so I'll have to ask then. I thought with bottle feeding I'd be less paranoid whether she was eating enough but nope...still paranoid!

14. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: well every baby is different. She might not need that much. She might take less if she is eating more during the day. How often does she eat?

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Pretty much every 2 to 3 hours. So if she ate every 2.5 hours and got 2 ozs each time that would be...a little over 19 ozs, which is the low end of average according to Google. Lol.

16. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Smurfette: they weigh you at your last appointment ? I know normally weight gain is followed during pregnancy but why would they worry about after?

I had pretty easy going midwives who didn't weigh me even during pregnancy.

17. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: I've been eating horribly since I had my baby! I blame the sleep deprivation for making my will power turn to mush. Although I've always eaten ridiculous amounts of sugar...

Also Canadian winters cause me to turn to sugar as a mood pick me up ...

18. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: I know what you mean by the stressing how much they're eating. I was psyching myself up for little one needing bottles supplements if she hadn't gained enough and I couldn't figure out when I'd give them to her because she always seems satisfied .

19. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Mrs. Toad: that's my biggest concern, my lo constantly asks me to get her things which is difficult while nursing. I so wish my husband didn't have to go back to work.

20. Smurfette

@Peasinapod: yeah they weigh everyone at every visit.

21. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@babypugs: craft stuff is a great idea! I'll have to search Walmart for some low mess options. Only problem is my newborn is a snacker so she's kind of always nursing!

22. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Smurfette: I would not like that!

23. Smurfette

@Peasinapod: I think it is good so they can see any major gain as it could be a health issue. Even though it sucks seeing the number. I could just close my eyes!

24. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: I've been eating horribly too. Lots of convenience foods and also junk. I ate cookies with breakfast today.

Yeah, DD always seems satisfied after her bottles and refuses to eat more so...I don't want to force her. She just ate 2.5 oz so I poured another half ounce to see if she'd take it and she just kept spitting the nipple out and screaming. We will see what pedi says Monday!

What time is everyone going to bed? I keep wanting to go to bed so early but end up not falling asleep till after 10.

25. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Bedtime is between 8 and 10pm and I go no later than 10, or as soon as she's down if we get that late! I'm about to put her down in a moment or two (rocking) and hit the shower, then sleeeep!

I took the dog for bedtime walk tonight and my face is frozen! Like -10 tonight, brrrrrr!!!

@Peasinapod: Canadian Winters and sleep deprivation are going to be my two newest excuses, ha!!

I'm finding I'm obsessed with hummus lately, but with crackers, way too many crackers. Doing good if whoever does lunches (for DH and DD1) makes some snacks for me too. I could graze constantly and still never be full. Doesn't have to be junk I just like to eat.

26. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Aww hope DS feels better! I am so over illnesses! @Peasinapod: Good that weight gain is on track!!
    @IRunForFun: Yeah I would not give her so much in a bottle for now so you don't waste milk! I rather just pour a little more and a little more too. I usually go to bed between now (10pm) to 11... Depending on how my night's going. If she's a bear to put down I usually just give up coming downstairs and go to sleep too haha. She went down pretty easy tonight so I'm up for now.

Ah, I think I tired on my normal pants last week and I had total muffin top... My tummy is just so loose I have FOUR weeks till I go back to work. Ahhh!!

27. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: I'm usually asleep around 11 or midnight. Wake up is around 8am. But I often nap when my toddler does so I get an extra 2 hours mid day.

28. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: I don't think I could get normal pants above my knees, ugh! You're brave for trying those pants!

The looseness everywhere I have no patience with myself over. I did nothing fitwise during pregnancy and it's beyond time to get going!

29. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: oh my normal pants wouldn't even go up my thighs so sounds to me like you are doing great.
    @IRunForFun: I go to bed when she does. Last night it was 10.

30. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

I'm actually below pre-preg weight at the moment but most of my jeans don't work because of the low waist band and my squishy loose skin. Major poofed out muffin top!

@snowjewelz: @Peasinapod: @Smurfette: OK I don't feel as bad about going to bed on the later side. I feel like I'm rushing to get to bed before she wakes up! It's not so much I feel like I go to bed when she does, but she goes to bed when I do.

How was everyone's night? We did OK. She slept 2 hours and then 2.5 hours in the rock n play then was in bed with me from 2 am on. She ate pretty well too, took 2.5 ozs a few times. I didn't get out of bed till 9, she ate around 5:30/6 and was pretty awake but I was not about to be up for the day yet so I got her back down and she slept with me almost 3 hours. I nursed her right before bed and at the early morning wake up just for a few mins to get her to sleep, so we are still doing a little breastfeeding.

31. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: How are you and DD feeling?

32. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: It's great that you still get a little bit of BF in... Maybe one day when your nipples heal and she's bigger you will do it more often! It's just so helpful to be able to pop a boob in overnight. I loved nursing laying down with DD1 but I haven't quite figured it out this time yet. I think like last time they need to be a little bigger.

@sunnyday: @Smurfette: I never lost all the weight from my last pregnancy even.. And since I'm fairly certain we're done with 2, I really need to loose weight!

Our night was okay/normal... She was sooo uncomfortable between like 5-7am tho.. She never woke up but woke me up! I'm thinking maybe I need to give her some gas drops the feeding before...

33. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Yeah I'm hoping to do more BFing eventually, because like you said, popping a boob in her mouth MOTN would be so much easier!! I pumped at 9:30, 2, and then not again till 9 am and was so engorged by 9. The wakeup where I pumped was over an hour. At least it was only once though.

34. Smurfette

I'm up 30lbs and 43 from my happy/goal weight. My doctor said she wasn't even looking at my weight. I go back in 4 weeks for for an IUD till DH gets snipped. She thinks my baby blues are due to my situation so at least I don't need medication. Just need to give it some time.

She went 7 hours between feedings last night. I only feed her at 3 cause she woke me up grunting too. She fell asleep at 930 finally, I put her down in the RnP and she woke up so she slept all night with me. So I got a couple decent stretches even if it wasn't quality sleep. I'm not meant to cosleep!

35. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Both still sick, booo. It seems like no matter how much I use the saline or the nose frida, I just can't quite get her comfortable.

On a happier note though, who is starting to see some SMILES??? My LO flashed her first earlier this week and my heart just melted away! Every smile makes it all worth it.

36. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: if this one keeps being Sooo noisy I may not be able to sleep next to her either! DD1 was not like that!

@babypugs: ugh yeah DD1's flu may be over but her nose is still going!
    And I'm all about the smiles and cooing

37. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

We had an okay night! Nothing out of the norm! I brought her into bed with me around 6 and we slept another hour, I think it was the best hour of the night. DS still sick and turned into a non sleeper through the night apparently! Ugh! He's officially done in daycare and home with me now for the rest of the year.

I made a workout space for myself in the basement, and found the workout I want to do on YouTube! Still need to do my measurements and post them somewhere (either down there or in my room!) and hope that keeps me motivated.

38. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: We have a weirdo baby and she's been smiling intentionally for weeks. Super lucky. She's super engaging/reactive when we chat to her, and starting to make noise back, love it!!

39. Smurfette

@babypugs: yes! I'm loving the smiles!

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: Aw I hope you both feel better soon! DD has been over her little cold for a few days but still gets stuffy overnight.

I think she smiled intentionally yesterday!! DH was singing to her and it seemed like a real smile hehe. She's just barely 4 weeks so I'm hoping they get more frequent!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee