Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@sunnyday: Nice! I need to figure out how to work out with 2 kids and a full time job and a very busy husband!

Uh she has been so fussy today not even sleeping long in the wrap!

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Bump

3. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: pre preggo and both DH and I WOH, I would get my two eating brekkie in the basement beside me while I worked out!! Then they played when finished.

Little different for you assuming you are back to work before youngest is self sufficient eating. After bedtime for now?

4. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Aw I hope your day got better!

@sunnyday: I'm looking forward to working out again just so I can feel a little more like myself. Not sure when I'll find time since DD refuses to be put down during the day...

I am. So. Tired. DD had a fussy/gassy day. Tried to go do errands and she screamed. Screamed most of the evening. Finally got her to settle in the Moby about 90 mins ago and I'm terrified for when she wakes up. Ate dinner with her in the wrap. Not sure how I'll do my 8:30 pump session. Evenings like this I hate that DH works second shift and isn't home till super late.

5. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I totally am in the same boat. She barely slept even in the wrap 😭 I fed her a billion times and prob held her for most of the day. I've been trying to get her down for an hour and a half so far!!

I follow wonder weeks and she is going through a leap so I'm not surprised.. But yeah this makes it so hard to get anything done!

6. snowjewelz

It's 4am and her first wake up since being asleep at 9! It did take 2 hrs of on and on nursing to go down and I was afraid she wouldn't sleep well based on the day!

7. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

Do you guys have a max amount of time you'll let babies sleep ? Lo is 4 weeks now . 2 days ago she slept 5 hours and I woke up and realized it had been that long so I woke her up and fed her. Last night I did this after 3 hours.

At what age can you let them sleep as long as they'd like? (This is all very foreign to me because my first never slept well)

8. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@snowjewelz: woot!

I put her down half asleep last night, asleep at 9:30 and she slept till 2:30 by herself!!! Feed her bad she went back down till 530 ish. Grunting so DH slept with her till 730.

9. Smurfette

@Peasinapod: once she was back to birth weight I wouldn't wake her at night. I will wake during the day so she doesn't go past every three hours, or allow one 4 hr during the day.

10. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Peasinapod: My doctor said no more than four hours between feedings overnight, so I've religiously been setting my alarm. So far, she's never actually reached the alarm time before waking, so I'm not sure why I bother, ha!

It's interesting how pediatricians say such different things about this--it seems like most are in the let them sleep camp and that mine is just extra cautious!

11. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: That's amazing! Hope you enjoyed the zzz's!

12. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

Aaand DD1 just got sent home with a stomach bug. January was apparently a TERRIBLE time to have a baby, geez!

13. Smurfette

@babypugs: oh no! Sickness from day care was my biggest concern about my due date. I'm hoping since it will be the end of March before the baby starts that she will miss most of it.

14. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: Seriously!!! The amount of sickness the older two have brought home is just crazy since bringing B home!!

There have been a number of babies in a Jan 2017 Canadian baby group I'm in be admitted for RSVs and Croup. Scary stuff, glad we have had a healthy B so far.

So I worked out last night and actually felt awesome. No peeing myself, knee felt good, it was very positive. No wonder I cant get non pregnant pants on though, I did measurements and waist is 11.5 inches bigger than my pants size. Yikes. Time for it to go.

@Peasinapod: When we had jaundice worries I set my alarm, but since then, let her sleep! We have only had two stretches longer than 4 hours, so it's not been anything frequent!

Happy Friday! We have a long weekend here this weekend and my Fam is doing Birthday celebrations for my sis and I (same bday, 8 years apart) and my Mom is watching the two big kids so we can go to my bff's house, we have bdays a week apart so always do a double date night in the middle, two babies with us this year!!

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: Jealous!!!! Of your sleep. But at the same time since you guys are a few weeks/a month ahead of me it gives me hope for the future.

Rough night for us. Wide awake from 9 to 11, and from 2 to 4. Up again at 5:30. Wouldn't sleep anywhere but in bed. Then OF COURSE she's been sleeping peacefully on the boppy on the couch next to me for 2 hrs 45 mins now. But she can't do that at night!!

@Peasinapod: I've always heard once they are back to birth weight you don't need to wake them up to eat!

@babypugs: Oh noooo! So sorry. Hope no one else catches it and it passes quickly!

@sunnyday: Nice job on the workout! I wonder if I'll pee myself when I start working out. A few times when lifting the car seat out of the car I've come close!!

16. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

And she seriously hasn't had like any awake time yet today. Ugh!

17. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I am leaking pee I swear. I'm scared how bad it will be once I do workout. I'm nervous about dieting cause I don't want to affect my supply and I can't eat broccoli and spinach cause of her gas issues. Those are my staples with protein to cut carbs!
    @IRunForFun: I'm sorry! We still have days that she has no awake time during the day till like 6-7 at night. Frustrating!

18. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: happy birthday ! What workout do you do? I'm a runner and am super excited for when my lo is 6 months and I can take her and her sister out in my double bob. Not sure what I'll do until then.

19. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@babypugs: my older lo isn't even in daycare and she brought home a cold week 2 from a play group! Winter is a rough time to have a baby. Especially when it's not your first so you can't just hide from everything .

20. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: I have double bob too! We have walked, but I won't run w her til 5-6 months. I like getting back into running without the stroller just to get my wits about me again before pushing weight!! I hope to sign up for a 10k in May or June!! I have the single too, need a new wheel for it if I want to run with it again, but it's $98 US plus shipping to Canada, bleh!! I will rotate wheels if I have to, lol. It warped a bit, so has a little wobble.

Right now I will do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred until April 1 if I think I'm ready will jump to P90x3, my true love, lol!!

@Smurfette: I've never worked out this soon post babies, I'm pounding the water (2 cups/hour) trying to make sure I don't eff up supply. I'm struggling with how much to eat to fill nursing, but still not too much so I lose. I'm always hungry even when not nursing or whenever, always a bottomless pit, which is why I have last 10lbs issues.....when I get there!! Just trying to make sure the food is not junk right now. But out the window for Birthday stuff, lol.

21. snowjewelz

@Peasinapod: as long as she was at or above birth weight I let her sleep at night. During the day I usually cut nap at 3.5 hrs max.

@Smurfette: nice! I get the early morning grunting too

@babypugs: oh no! I had wanted a summer baby since I already have 1 winter baby.. Oh well!

22. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Happy birthday! My sister and I are two days apart but 7 years apart!

@IRunForFun: Well at least you can get stuff done? I highly recommend the wonder weeks app... I never read the book but whenever the leaps always lined up pretty well with fussy times and it made me feel better that there is reason behind the not sleeping and just not out to torture the parents haha!

@Smurfette: I feel the same.. I don't have amazing supply so I don't want anything to get in the way. I'm hoping since I have an active toddler I will be very active this summer.. Then I will really get into losing weight once I wean.

@sunnyday: I'm excited to see your progress!! I'm cheering for you!

23. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: we follow the wonder weeks too. She is in one now which I am hoping explained her sleep issues and hopefully that means we will be back to normal tomorrow.

24. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: I loved running with my single bob. That's why I got the double. It was my escape every day to go for my morning run. I've never been very good at following along to workout videos but I want to find something I can do before the 6 month mark...

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: @sunnyday: I'm a runner too! Hence my username. DH is an even more avid runner. We got a Bumbleride Joovy jogging stroller. I'm excited to use it but also kind of excited to get out for runs alone as "me time." I was running bi-weekly with a run club pre-pregnancy and early pregnancy too and want to get back to that in the spring!!

I have Jillian Michaels videos and also have 21 Day Fix I can start when I get cleared, too. If I ever find the time...

26. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: Can you get the car seat adapter for the Bob so you can use it earlier?

27. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: those two videos are the only two that keep my attention and results the soonest. I was always just a runner, never really trained outside of the sports I played and running, but now need to cross a little bit and find those two are really good for that for me. I skip the yoga and Pilates days of p90x3 and run!!!

28. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: you're still not supposed to run (says manual) til 6+ months for babes head/neck control esp for bumps and sudden stops or turns! Not supposed to be running with adapter + bucket seat either, though I have seen it done!!

29. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: unfortunately the car seat adapter throws the centre of gravity off for the stroller making it a tip hazard.

30. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: i think I'll just have to test a few YouTube videos out until I can get myself into it. I think my thing with exercise is I love zoning out and clearing my head which running does, following a video does not!

31. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: with my first running with the stroller still felt like me time because she napped! I found it helped my mood so much because I got me time when I wouldn't normally be able to .

32. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Sounds like you have a good plan! I think I'll join you with Jillian Michaels after I'm cleared next week. I don't have much more to lose but man am I flabby! And happy birthday

@IRunForFun: Do you run lots of races? I want to get into it and at least be able to do the 1K fun runs with DD1! Haha

@snowjewelz: This is my second winter baby too! But the first time I pretty much holed up. Not possible this time! DD1 started daycare in January at 3 months old and somehow didn't get that sick-- but her class only had four kids. Her class now has 28, so someone is always spreading germs! 😷😷

33. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: absolutely agree! Running is more sorting my head out versus exercise! I'm SO uncoordinated so videos I have to think!

34. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: I want to run a race with one of the kids, no real reason, just to say I did!! I am aiming for a 10k in May or June!! I lined out my JM DVD but found them on YouTube nontob, who knew??

35. Smurfette

I'm planning on Jillian Michael's DVDs as well. Then walks on nice days. Weekends when DH is home I would like to start taking longer walks and run again. I was getting into it more before I got pregnant. Mostly cause I could do it with LO1 in the stroller after work and limited options since no gym membership.

My goal for now is the videos 3 times a week at first. Who knows if she will nap by herself and let me!

36. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: @sunnyday: Ah whoops! My BFF is a retired pro runner and I know she totally ran with the car seat adapter on the Bob!

37. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: @IRunForFun: the tip hazard thing totally makes sense. Surely running with it is realistically fine as long as you're super cautious (and obv others have done it like your friend!!) but it's probably bob covering their butts too! I definitely did sooner than 6m, but like 5m I think, and definitely once in the actual seat. Started with track runs for smoothness and then got on the roads/sidewalks.

38. snowjewelz

We need to start an exercise accountability or something! I was thinking the other day that when I baby wear and squat up and down to clean up toys that I'm exercising a lot lol!

Man every night she is sucking on my boobs for 2 hrs! At least she is predictable....? Wonder how tonight will go... Sending sleep dust to us all

39. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: She's tanking up for the night! I think my DD is doing the bottle fed version of cluster feeding. She's been taking a 2 oz bottle and then acting hungry 30 mins later and taking another ounce. But she can't/won't take all 3 ozs at once.

Little victories: I got her to sleep a few short stretches in the rock n play last night. 2 hours for her first stretch, then an hour, and then 30 mins. She sort of put herself to sleep the first one too, with a little shushing and patting from me. When I pulled her into bed at 3 am after her 30 min stretch b/c she was fussing I think it was actually b/c she had to poop. Once I changed her though she was too awake to put herself back down in the rnp so she stayed in bed with me. Still, feels like progress!

The ILs are coming to visit today. On their way now. Not looking forward to it..:

Also not fun is that we are under a boil water advisory. Technically it should be fine to wash with it but with I don't feel good about giving an infant bottles washed in potentially contaminated water so this should be a fun day of boiling all the things.

Anyone doing anything good this weekend?

40. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: aww, in laws not helpful? And great job on putting her down! I'm so lazy that I only have enough energy to plop her back next to me...

She did 4 hrs stretches last night. I might experiment with giving her a 2 oz bottle in addition to nursing before bed time to see if she will do a longer stretch again. it didn't work with my first no matter how much she ate!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee