kiwi / 643 posts

@littlebittyhouse: yay! Hi baby!

2. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@travellingbee: I'm so sorry. Thinking about you. Be gentle with yourself

@littlebittyhouse: cute baby! I can't get enough of u/s pics

3. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@MrsH: sorry about the hyperemesis, that is soo awful. I hope they have you on a good cocktail of drugs.

4. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@travellingbee: oh I am so sorry to see this news. So sorry for your loss. Be gentle with yourself.

5. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@littlebittyhouse: Congrats! So exciting to see the heartbeat and to get a new due date! Thanks for the welcome wishes too.

6. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I a, on my tablet so it is hard to reply to anyone.

A question: is anyone else planning to keep their pregnancy under wraps over thanksgiving? My parents, brother and SIL will be here Wednesday-Sunday and we are hosting (although they are not staying with us). We didn't tell until 8 weeks both of the last two times and are hoping to wait at least that long but hopefully 12 weeks this time.

So far, I am not showing so I am more concerned about not drinking. We typically drink at family gatherings so I am not sure how to handle it without spilling the beans!

7. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@MamaCate: I'm waiting until Christmas. I'm a terrible secret keeper though (especially with good news) so I'm dreading seeing everyone for Thanksgiving! My LO wasn't planned and I told my mom right away, it's a little strange not letting her in on it yet.

As far as drinking, I plan on saying I'm on antibiotics. I still have to google what I "have" though, in case anyone pries.

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: We are hoping to tell our families on Thanksgiving since I will be 9 weeks then. I am so nauseated that I think it will be pretty obvious while we are eating.

9. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@travellingbee: I'm so sorry to hear this news. Hugs to you...

10. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Bluemasonjar: I hope your numbers keep rising and that they skyrocket over the weekend. Good luck on Monday!

@MamaCate: I spilled the beans with my family, but we are keeping it a secret from my inlaws until Christmas. It's not as hard because we won't be seeing them at the holidays. We are planning a skype session to reveal the big news. I know what you mean about the social settings though. I do think it would be hard to keep it in. Good luck!

@cait: You could say you're on antibiotics for a sinus infection. You could be at the tail end of the medication and that's why you don't sound sick you're almost back to 100%!

11. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

We are having my parents over for dinner tomorrow - we are going to tell them then. We feel much more comfortable now that we have seen the heartbeat. I am so excited! Although I think my mom suspects a bit..

12. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@MamaCate: we don't celebrate thanksgiving in australia, but I'm still wondering how to keep this under wraps til after I see my doctor at 8 weeks. my stomach is looking blumpy as anything I only work one day a week, so there are 3 more times I need to go into work before x-mas and we are closed for 4 weeks... when I get back I'll be about 16 weeks along (and my blump will be super-blump-tastic)

13. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@FannyMae: I work 4 days a week but with the holidays and everything I only have 14 more days of work before I get to 12 weeks. Counting down too!

14. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@travellingbee: I am so so sorry dear. Take good care of yourself.

15. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@MamaCate: we are planning to announce at 13 weeks during DDs first birthday party.

16. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@travellingbee: I'm so very sorry. Big hugs to you

17. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@cait: @simplyfelicity: @FannyMae: @MrsH: thanks for sharing how you are handling this ladies! Part of me if tempted to tell sooner but DH is pretty firm about waiting and I am willing to follow his lead. I will be 8 weeks at LO's birthday party when my ILs will be coming down and then 11 weeks when I see them for Christmas. We don't live in the same town as either set of parents do it is easier to keep quiet.

I am hopeful that big sweaters will help avoid showing too much those times. I have lost some weight so I have room in my jeans at the moment.

As far as alcohol, DH suggested that we "share" beers and I fake sip. I am pretty sure that is the only way to be discreet with my family so we will see how it goes!

18. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@sweetooth: Thank you! I was hoping to find something that wouldn't make people afraid to sit next to me, haha

19. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@MamaCate: I think I'm just going to dump a bottle of hard cider in the bathroom and fill it with water for our Holiday party.

@cait: some women may suspect with that answer but no one should say anything!

20. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@MamaCate: I live about 5 mins away from both parents, and I work with my husbands entire family, so my chances of concealment are pretty slim! not to mention its late spring/almost summer and boiling hot already. I need more flowy t-shirts! I'm a US size 12/14 so I can probably pass it off as too many burgers for now.

meanwhile, my house is like a drop in center for all my family members.. heyy just come for a coffee, come to look at the landscaping renovations, come to see LO. Boundaries anyone? I'm probably having christmas day here, as my rules for the last few years have been that I don't leave my house on christmas day. Not sure how this is gonna work!

21. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@MamaCate: Sharing a beer is a great idea! That is what DH plan to do with people we have yet to tell.

We told my parents last night - they were ecstatic!

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Yay! That's so great!

23. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Reese: Aw yay! That's lovely!

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: How are you feeling these days?

25. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: oh how exciting to tell your family! and glad you agree with the sharing drinks. we just have to get through wednesday-sunday so it shouldn't be too bad.

@FannyMae: yeah I don't think I could keep the secret if everyone were local but I am going to do my best. The seasons being cooler here now helps too as I can bundle up, which I am hoping will help with work (I told really early last time). The other reason we are waiting to tell is that when we told our parents at 8 weeks last time, we asked them not to share the news. My MIL was unable to do that and then a lot more people on that side ending up knowing about our loss than we wanted. So we told her she wouldn't get any news until 12 weeks in the future based on that.

26. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@MamaCate: we are waiting to tell my MIL as well - DH agrees.

I hope this isn't too personal, you don't have to answer. Did you see the heartbeat already and experience your loss afterward?

27. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: No problems asking: We did. We saw the hb at 8 weeks and everything looked perfect--measuring right with dates, good heart rate, etc. We told our parents then and I told almost everyone at work because I was showing and we were excited. I had no idea anything was wrong until I went in for my 12 wk appt. My ob couldn't find the hb with Doppler and got the ultrasound. When she did, there was no hb and the baby had stopped growing around 9 wks. She thinks something went wrong with the baby's development at that point. I had a d&c the next week.

Supposedly only 5% of pregnancies end in m/c after seeing the hb and everything looking fine, and I just got to be in that 5%. That is why part of me just wants to close my eyes and hide until 12 weeks!

28. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@MamaCate: I'm so sorry, that must have been so difficult to go through. My m/c was very early before. I'm pretty sure a blighted ovum.

That is my worst nightmare at this point. I have considered buying a doppler!

29. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: it was awful! I have heard the dopplers can be unreliable and freak you out for no reason but I understand the temptation. I have no idea if there is a "reason" for these things but I am older (34 last year, now 35) and that probably doesn't help. It is so hard when we want something so much and it is out of our control.

30. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@MamaCate: I have heard that too - which is the last thing I need! I'm already a pretty anxious person When is your 12 week appt? around Dec?

31. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Reese: @MamaCate: we had a similar experience with our first pregnancy. Saw the HB at nine weeks and miscarried at ten.

32. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: That's what I learned from my experience, too. Statistics don't mean much because you have no idea what side you will land on. "Luckily, " there is no reason why these pregnancies shouldn't work out for us.

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: I have considered the same thing, too, but I am afraid I won't be able to find the HB and FREAK OUT.
    @MrsH:

34. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@Reese: @simplyfelicity: That's where I am with dopplers, too. I'm very interested in anything that makes me feel like I have more info and "control," but I know myself and I would just check and worry constantly. Same reason why I can't have too many pregnancy tests in the house right now, I'd use them every day and obsess.

35. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@MrsH: I wonder when my worry will stop... or maybe it never will..?

@simplyfelicity: yes! i'm so thankful for your positivity. How are you feeling about your appt tomorrow?

36. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: I'm glad you think I am positive because I often don't feel it. I'm feeling ok about the ultrasound. Still kind of nervous but it will be good to know either way. At least, that's what I am trying to stick with.

37. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@Reese: eventually it fades a bit but with my DD I held my breath every time they went to find the HB (even if I felt her kicking that same day). I'm trying not to freak about this one so much and just be hopeful.

38. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@travellingbee: I'm so sorry. Best of luck with the next steps and I hope they're peaceful.

39. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

How much cramping do you guys think is normal? I have aches and pangs here and there every day. My gut says they are normal growth cramps, not scary/bad cramps, but I'm not sure.

40. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@angelachase: Cramps are very normal, as long as they're not extremely painful. I have some here and there this time, but with my first I was completely convinced I was just going to end up getting my period because I was cramping so often.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee