Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Reese: My first appt on 12/12 will be 9 weeks ( I had too much going on at 8 weeks as LOs party is the next day, plus I think I don't want to know if something is wrong because it would be hard to pull it together) so I will be 12 weeks on 1/2.

2. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@MrsH: So sorry for your loss too. It was such a shock for us!

3. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: Sending good wishes for your ultrasound tomorrow! Keep us posted!

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@angelachase: They might feel different from regular period cramps. To me, it feels like I am being stretched (which makes sense.) You only need have concern if you are in pain, doubling over etc coupled with bleeding.

Eta: How are you feeling?

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: Thank you! I most certainly will.

6. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@angelachase: @simplyfelicity: Same.. mine sort of feels like a tingling/pressure

7. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MamaCate: @MrsH: I'm so sorry about your previous loss. I had a loss at eight weeks and it has made me the opposite way, I want to shout this pregnancy from the rooftops, but DH won't let me . We compromised by me telling just my family and my mum friends that I see daily.

@angelachase: I think cramps are very normal. Mine felt like period cramps for quite a while.

8. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: Aw thank you for asking Pretty horrendous to be honest, it is just relentless. How about you, are you feeling any better? Good luck with your ultrasound!

9. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: Bummer.... The Unisom is helping but not a huge difference. I seriously barely leave the couch on weekends. Heck, I wouldn't leave on weekdays if I didn't have to work. My house is a wreck.

10. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: I was just the same with my daughter, back then I was a freelance writer so stopped making pitches and just alternated between the sofa/bedroom/bathroom. I can't do that this time, but would love to. You are doing awesome going to work, that is seriously hard when you are so sick.

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: I actually havent thrown up in two days but it's probably because I have only been laying down. If I were up and around like I am at work, I would be tossing cookies for sure.
    I can't imagine watching a toddler, too!

12. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Well, I broke my "no vomit streak" for this weekend and had my first pregnancy meltdown with a big old ugly cry.

13. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@simplyfelicity: Aww. I'm sorry. Emotions already run high when it comes to pregnancy and babes, seems like the hormones should cut us some slack! You have your first ultrasound tomorrow, right? Hopefully that will swing your mood to the other side.

14. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

I've decided i'm not wearing normal pants for the rest of this pregnancy... I felt like I nearly popped my gut wearing my jeans at work today! as soon as I got home I threw them halfway across the room, and on go the maternity pants for the rest of the day. 4 new pairs of mat jeans, I'm gonna wear them til they're threadbare!

@simplyfelicity: Hope your next spew-free-streak is a good long one!

@MamaCate: I hear you on wanting to wait because of relatives and their loose lips. ESPECIALLY with the whole facebook thing, grandparents-to-be getting overexcited and sharing somebody else's news. I put my MIL on a ban from posting anything without permission last time (thank god my mum can't switch a computer on)

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@cait: Thanks! I do have an ultrasound tomorrow, it would definitely be one of the happiest things ever.

16. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@simplyfelicity: thinking of you today!

17. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@cait: @simplyfelicity: @travelgirl1: @Reese: Thanks for reassuring me! Mine aren't extremely painful. Sometimes they feel like period cramps, sometimes not. Just aches and pangs throughout the day. Sometimes it feels like pinching.

@simplyfelicity: Thank you for asking! You're so thoughtful. Don't hate me, but I still have no nausea or sickness at all. A very few mild food aversions and that's it. I am totally knocked on my butt with fatigue, though. I am absolutely exhausted by the end of each day and really can't do much of anything productive. Sometimes can't even watch TV without falling asleep! Hoping that means baby is growing in there. Good luck at your ultrasound today! I know you are going to see a healthy bouncing baby in there.

18. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@simplyfelicity: Good luck at your ultrasound today!

Ginger ale is my best friend this morning. I'm not sure if I can manage to whip up a Thanksgiving meal the way things are going. I might be dining on saltines for Thanksgiving.

19. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@FannyMae: I have a feeling you'll be sharing the news by Christmas day for sure! That would be pretty hard with everyone coming over. But flowy shirts can work magic

20. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MamaCate: @MrsH: I'm so sorry for your losses. And everyone else on the thread that has experienced the loss of a child. It's so hard not to feel like we're just holding our breath through an entire pregnancy, isn't it? Hugs!

21. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@sweetooth: thanks for the good wishes. I am feeling fairly optimistic overall but I will admit that I got really nervous when it was time to call and schedule my ob appointment, and I am sure I will be a bundle of nerves the day of. I am trying to remember that worry doesn't help anything so I might as well be hopeful...but sometimes that is easier said than done.

22. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@FannyMae: good for you! i definitely was in maternity by 8 weeks last time and I felt so much more comfortable. I have lost weight recently so I have more give in my clothes from the starting point. That helps me feel like I might have a chance to keep things under wraps but you will have to ask me again in a couple weeks!

23. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@FannyMae: I'm with you! The only regular pants I can tolerate are the Pixie line from Old Navy. And that's only because they're stretchy. I need to go buy some maternity jeans b/c I borrowed most of my clothes with my last pregnancy.
    @sweetooth: It's mine too! I actually had to lay back down in bed this morning my nausea was so bad. I don't know how you girls who are so sick do it! I didn't feel queasy at all when I was pregnant with my son. But, this time it's killing me and I know it's nowhere near as bad as it could be.

24. NurseDMB

kiwi / 643 posts

Hi ladies, unfortunately I will be leaving the group - I'm having bright red blood, cramping and back pain. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I wish you ladies all the best in your pregnancies. ❤

25. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@sweetooth: we had to tell our son this weekend because he kept jumping on my stomach so now I feel like I've jinxed myself .. we had a really early loss last pregnancy so I'm past that stage but now I'm trying to tamp down all the problems that can arise as the pregnancy progresses

Ginger ale is awesome

26. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@NurseDMB: I'm so sorry to hear this...take good care of yourself.

27. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: thinking of you!! I just know you'll have good news to share

@NurseDMB: I'm so sorry. Take it easy and be gentle with yourself

28. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MamaCate: You're right. Worry doesn't help anything. And it's a good reminder to have on a little post-it, or somewhere that you can see it everyday. I think I'm going to do just that!

@Candy_nee: Yeah, this AM was a rollercoaster of dry heaving, getting my son ready for daycare, laying down, and finally on my way home from drop-off...I was sipping on a fountain soda from 7-11 feeling more human. How far away is that second trimester again??

@Mrs. Pickles: How old is your son? I don't think you jinxed it. If anything, now he can learn to love your tummy and take care of mom I think it's good to be prepared, and cautious, but it's also important to trust your body and your instincts.

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@NurseDMB: I am so so sorry you are going through this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Be gentle to yourself-- you deserve it.

30. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@NurseDMB: I'm so sorry. Sending you some peace in this difficult time.

31. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@NurseDMB: I am so so sorry. Take good care of yourself. Sending you lots of love.

32. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: what time is your u/s?

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@QBbride: It's at 3:30 pacific time...trying to stay calm.

34. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@NurseDMB: oh I am so sorry to see this. I will be sending healing prayers your way.

35. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@NurseDMB: I am so, so sorry. I was in your position a few months ago, if you need me I am here for you. Take good care of yourself love

36. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: I keep checking to see if you gave updated

37. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@simplyfelicity: Good luck! Thinking of you and will be checking my phone all evening to see your update. Stupid time differences

38. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@NurseDMB: sorry to see this update from you. Take ccare of yourself...

39. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@simplyfelicity: ahhh I have to wait til 6:30?!? oh well...good things are worth waiting for!
    I have my ultrasound tomorrow at 3:30 EST tomorrow...cue the anxiety. I also lost a pregnancy after seeing the heartbeat so I don't know how much a good ultrasound will reassure me. However, we did learn at that ultrasound that things weren't looking great, so hopefully tomorrow everything looks as it should.

40. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@NurseDMB: I'm so sorry for your loss..

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee