Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

Has anyone ever tried those travel sickness wristbands before? I bought some yesterday as well as some protein bars for breakfast and between them they seem *touch wood* to be making a difference. I know protein bars are a fast track to a lardy arse but they do seem to really help settle my stomach. Please god don't let this be a one day fluke,

2. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@travelgirl1: I haven't tried them - but hey, whatever works! Knock on wood that you have found your magic solution to a settled tummy

@FannyMae: So nice of your kid to get you all cozy and prepared for any kind of entertainment when you wake I hope you are feeling well.

- - - - -
    I've had this lump in my throat for about a week now. I'm not sure if it's tied to morning sickness, or if it's reflux. I know I should go in to the doctor and get it checked out, but I fear them having to stick something down my throat and then I throw up. I probably need to just get over myself and get in to see the doctor.

3. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@travelgirl1: I haven't tried them but I'm interested! If you don't mind, could you let me know if they seem to be consistently working? I can mostly tolerate my nausea when I'm home, but we have a few hour long car trips to make during the holidays, and my tum doesn't handle cars well during pregnancy.

4. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

Ok, how is it that Kate Middleton is 4 months pregnant and you can barely tell. I'm not even 8 weeks pregnant and can no longer button my regular pants?!

5. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@Candy_nee: I'm about 5 weeks and I'm already living in leggings until I can get some maternity jeans. I don't get it!

6. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Candy_nee: I didn't realize she was that far along! You can't even tell!

7. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@travelgirl1: my midwife swears by the travel bands! She said they helped a lot in her pregnancies. Hope you're feeling better from now on!!

@Candy_nee: I have been wearing leggings for the last few weeks, I haven't even attempted my jeans. I think I'll just wear mat jeans if I need jeans from now on!

8. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@sweetooth: could it be silent reflux?

@cait: I'll for sure keep you posted. Although my feeling good spell ended at lunchtime. I puked in the street half an hour ago. I am the epitome of glamour these days

9. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@QBbride: thank you I've heard great things about them!

@Candy_nee: I know, right? She looks amazing!

10. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

So, my first ultrasound will be either Thursday or Friday. I lost my last pregnancy sometime during the seven week of pregnancy, right where I am right now. I bit scared but I know I should do it.

11. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@travelgirl1: Thinking of you and sending you lots and lots of good luck that this one is the one and that everything goes great at your ultrasound!

12. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Candy_nee: because she's a princess duh more like she has a team of nutritionists, stylists etc. I mean the day she had her last she looked about 6mo to me!! I just look like I have a beer gut .. it's totally attractive

13. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: yeah, I'm with you. Mine just looks like I've already had too many Thanksgiving dinners.

14. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@travelgirl1: That's something I just discovered on another HB thread, the silent reflux. I've never had reflux before, so I wasn't really aware of the symptoms. I'm being a bit stubborn and trying to see if it goes away on it's own. // I hope your ultrasound goes well and that you are past this previous milestone with a new memory to associate with the seventh week of your pregnancy. A flickering gummy bear on screen!

15. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

Yay! I can finally join this board!

EDD: July 4

How far along: 8 weeks 3 days

First child? No, this is #2

First doctor appointment: Dec 12

Any symptoms so far? Nausea and fatigue started at week 6 but I'm feeling much better now

Who have you told? My parents, DH's parents and now HB!

16. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@dolphin: Congrats and welcome!!

17. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

@Candy_nee: thank you! I waited awhile to join this thread because I was scared after two losses but now I'm ready and it feels so good to share the excitement with all the July mamas!

18. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@dolphin: welcome and congrats!! It sounds like a lot of us here have had losses so you're definitely not alone!

19. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

@Candy_nee: I just read your Kate Middleton comment above. Haha! I am 8 weeks and not only could I not button my favorite jeans this morning but I RIPPED the seams on the butt when I sat down.

20. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@dolphin: Congratulations!

@Candy_nee: I'd love to see Kate Middleton passed out on the couch in her leggings like the rest of us!!

@travelgirl1: all the best for your ultrasound and seeing your little bebe

I'm 6 weeks on the dot.... and woke up this morning to the horrid gut feeling where you know it could go either way - am I going to breathe deep and suppress this or heave. Yep, bile vomit first thing in the morning. wwwaaaaaaahhhh

21. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@FannyMae: Hahahaha your Kate comment cracked me up. I don't know how she keeps up with her schedule and still looks so amazing. I guess that's what a whole army of support staff will do for you! Sorry your day started so rough!!!

22. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@dolphin: Welcome! And I just had my husband take a picture of my 7 week belly and was like "wow.....really?!?!" I will comfort myself by saying I just ate a big dinner that was kind of salty so I think it is more bloat than bump.

@FannyMae: This made me laugh because it is exactly what I am doing right now!

23. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

July Mamas!
    July 1: simplyfelicity
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles
    July 4: dolphin
    July 5: Reese
    July 7: qbbride, fuzzypeaches, little bitty house
    July 11: Candy_nee, sweettooth, tidybee
    July 12: angelachase
    July 14: travelgirl1, Chocoholic
    July 15: nicole112
    July 17: MamaCate
    July 20: Bluemasonjar, Mrsvdv
    July 22: FannyMae
    July 24: BlueWolverine
    July 28: Spinny, MrsH
    July 30: Cait

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@dolphin: Yay! So happy you decided to join us. Sorry about the jeans...hopefully you were home!
    @FannyMae: Oh no! Hope that means babe is as snug as a rug in there.
    @angelachase: I will be 9 weeks tomorrow and my bloat is out of control. I am considering maternity pants soon. @Mrs. Pickles: I am totally in the "beer gut" club with you. Ridiculous.
    @travelgirl1: Fingers super crossed for a great ultrasound! This baby is putting you through so much, I am sure it will be bouncing away!

25. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@simplyfelicity: at least the holidays are a time when being round and jolly is acceptable hehe

26. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@dolphin: Congrats and condolences on the pants.

27. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

What are you ladies drinking? I'm soo thirsty all the time but really can't stomach water (even super cold water). I don't really like juice. I was thinking of trying some water with lime cordial or something in it. Or gingerale? I don't know!!

28. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@QBbride: Do you like seltzer water? Polar Seltzer is making a flavored water right now called Ginger Apple. It is soooooooo delicious. I'm not even nauseous and it really hits the spot for me. But, I don't think Polar is sold everywhere, it might be regional to the Northeast.

29. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@QBbride: I'm a big water drinker but also lots of tea and ginger ale!

30. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

*ultrasound update!* .The instant the tech put the probe in, I saw the white blob in the middle of the sack and fell in love. Everything looks perfect - measuring 7w1d, hb is 148. my due date is 7/13. They left me in the room to get dressed, and I completely lost it in DH's arms. I didn't realize just how scared I was of this appt. pic coming later...

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Tidybee: Oh my gosh, I am so so happy. This has made my day!

32. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Tidybee: YAY!!! So happy to hear the ultrasound went well

@dolphin: Welcome and congratulations! And I, too, hope you weren't in public when the pants situation took place

@FannyMae: Sometimes I just lay there, thinking "I can breathe this away, I just know I can!" And then I hightail it to the bathroom. Sorry to hear about the rough start to your day.

@QBbride: I've been guzzling room temperature water, and the past few days I have really enjoyed fountain soda ginger ale. Ginger ale from a can is not hitting the spot for me. The carbonation from the fountain soda machine is magical right now.

@angelachase: I may have to look into this ginger apple Polar seltzer...is it seasonal? I've only really ever noticed a pomegranate flavored Polar seltzer in our store.

33. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@dolphin: Yay and congratulations! Welcome!

@QBbride: Smoothies and pedialite. The pedialite was a tip from my doctor when I was pregnant with my daughter, it's great for hydration and tastes okay to throw up - win win

34. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Tidybee: Awwww I'm so happy to hear this!

35. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

@QBbride: lacroix sparkling water! Peach pear flavor is my fave!

36. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

I was reading an old blog post on Cup of Jo, and she mentioned coconut water for queasiness. Bought some while at the shops today, yet can't quite bring myself to drink it. Left my kid at mums place this afternoon so I could catch up on sleep, and ive woken up drooling on the couch. NOT a good look sending hubby to pick her up when he gets home from work because i'm in my stretchy pants and haven't got the energy to get dressed for public hehehe

37. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Tidybee: congrats! So happy to see this update!!! There is nothing more magical than that little blob!

Ladies I'm dying to see my gummy bear bouncing around in there. My dating u/s isn't until December 11!!!! I'm seriously considering going to a UC Baby or something and paying to see the heartbeat.

38. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@QBbride: mine is on dec 10th... and I was contemplating ringing OB and asking to bring my appt forward (so I can get a script for zofran and keep it in reserve).

also - coconut water tastes disgusting. poured it down the drain ughh

39. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Tidybee: Yay, amazing!

!@sweetooth: Yes, it's seasonal for winter. But, I don't know if they'll have it everywhere.......the Polar plant is in MA so we have every possible flavor here.

@QBbride: I'm dying for my US too, it's not scheduled til 12 weeks! I also thought about just going to one of those US clinics.

40. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@dolphin: I love lacroix!!! It made my tiniest hints of nausea vanish instantly.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee