Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: @cascademom: @hilsy85: good luck with your appointments tomorrow! @hilsy85: sorry about the spotting...it's so unnerving, but hopefully it's nothing.

2. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@BabyMats: wow! Crossing my fingers for you!

3. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@LindsayInNY: good luck tomorrow!

4. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: same here. My appointment is a week from Monday and I just want this next weekend to go super quickly! Can't wait to hear about everyone's appointments tomorrow though!

5. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@BabyMats: Wow! What a roller coaster you've been having! Hope all is well with both babies!

6. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

We have a heartbeat. Munchkin is measuring 9w2d

7. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Yay!!!!

8. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: yay! congrats!!! Are you keeping the June 1 due date, or changing to May?

9. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: @MrsBrewer: keeping the due date. LO measured 4 days ahead and they didn't change it. My doctor was sweet. She said "that was fast!" She was totally adorable. She's cool with no regular milk with possible lactose intolerance. Almond milk for me! I do have to get the Maternti21 test.

10. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: Congratuiations! That's exciting!

11. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Well DH and I bought a crib and matching dresser this weekend! Very early, but we saw this beautiful cherry would set on Craigslist for $250! We couldn't pass it up

12. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: That is a good deal! I can't even bring myself to buy a belly band, which I am really starting to need. haha.

13. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: LOL! Girl get one! I've been wearing one everyday for about a week now, and it makes suuuuuch a difference!

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: ugh I know. The thought though that this might not work out and I spent money on it doesn't feel pleasant. What color band did you buy? I probably do just need to buy one.

15. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: I have a black and a white one, but I think I tend to wear the black one more.

16. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: Thanks! That's really helpful! I was thinking about getting a black one and if I get a lot of use out of it, get more.

17. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@cascademom: Ahh, so cute!!

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

No photos from this morning's u/s unfortunately but everything looked good! Had one yolk sac right where it was suppose to be. Was able to see another circle inside too. The RE explained that to me but I don't remember exactly what was what - something about the nutrients? I go back in two weeks for the "good" u/s. Ended up scheduling it for 2 1/2 weeks out so DH can come too. I'll be exactly 8 weeks on that day!

19. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: Thanks. I took video for my husband since he was managing LO this morning. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw the heartbeat and size. My left arm hurts from a flu shot and blood draw.

20. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: That's great! Your appointments sound exactly like how mine are going so far! I have my good one on Monday, where I will be 8w.

21. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: ooh, that reminds me, I need to go for my flu shot asap. Maybe I will go today at work...they are only offering them until the end of the week.

22. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: I emailed my doctor about it before my appt. After going through the consultation, she made sure that I got it before bloodwork and booking my next appt.

23. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@cascademom: DH was a bit bummed I didn't get any printouts but I felt a little crazy asking for them. He'll get to see the real thing next time though!! I think I'll feel better after that Or once I start getting some symptoms?? (I might regret saying that LOL!)

@Eko: I think the 8 week scan will be my last RE appointment before being "discharged" to my normal ob/gyn? If the appointment was scheduled for two weeks from today I would only be 7w3d so I'm okay with waiting a couple extra days to go in. The receptionist was like, can you wait that long?! LOL.

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: My doctor likes to refer it to as 'graduating' lol. He said that this is the last one before going back to my regular ob/gyn, but he also said I can schedule an 11w one with him if I feel more comfortable doing that, which I probably will. I wish I was able to get a sooner one, but the date we set was the only time DH could come. The wait time sort of feels like my very first TWW.

25. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: @78h2o: I feel like I'm the odd one out. I'm actually going to be declining the flu shot I think. I have never gotten it before, and I have an amazing immune system. My SIL who is a NICU nurse and just had her 4th baby, also always declines the flu shot.

Although I think I'm really the odd one out because DH and I decided this weekend that we will also be declining the 1st trimester genetic screening.

26. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: I am also declining the flu shot. I generally don't get sick and the first time I got the flu shot a few years ago made me soooo sick. So, I am not getting it.

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: Ooh, I like "graduating" better! I don't know if I graduate at 8 weeks or 12. I would love to stick around for one more, but their appointments are not at the most convenient times. I hear ya on the TWW similarities!! That's why I'm dying to have a few more symptoms!

@MrsBrewer: I don't know what I'm going to do about the flu shot... I usually don't get one.

28. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Umm, so we have a local daycare within walking distance of home. I called for tour information today, completely on a whim. The wait list is 57 people long!! Holy crap!

29. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: For me, there just hasn't been enough studies on the effect of the flu shot on unborn babies. My midwife wasn't pushy with me either way, she just said it was up to me either way.

30. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: I don't always get the flu shot, but I am supposed to get it for work (I work in healthcare), and I do think it's important for me to get while pregnant since pregnancy changes the immune system (e.g., suppresses T-cell, cytokine, NK cell production so your body don't reject the baby, etc.). My work offers the thimerosal free version and I feel comfortable with it. The flu has pretty well-documented negative effects on pregnancy, so for me, the pros outweigh the cons, but I understand that it's a personal decision. I was really torn last time until I read a lot about it.

I can understand skipping the screening if you worry it might stress you out and wouldn't impact your decision making.

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: Holy cow!!! 57 people?! Day care totally stresses me out!!! I still have no idea what we are planning to do with childcare...

32. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: Oh I totally understand if you work in healthcare, then definitely! I work in just a small little accounting office, and I'm not around too many people honestly. So I feel like the way it is for me, I'm at a pretty low risk of getting anything anyways!

Yep, that was our exact reasoning on skipping the screening....I think for us personally it would do more harm then good

33. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: Dido on the sentiment! That's a long waitlist! I have no idea what we are doing about daycare. We will likely be moving while I am on maternity leave, without a super specific location in mind. We want to do an in-home daycare and probably won't figure it out until I am already on leave. Usually in-home daycares don't have waiting lists.

34. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@cascademom: Yay! Congrats!

@LindsayInNY: I'll be exactly 8 weeks for my appointment too!

35. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: @Eko: Like an idiot, I assumed I was calling WAY too early! Now I'm wondering what our backup choice will be! Luckily I have car access so that opens up more options but still. Yikes!

36. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

Anybody have any good suggestions for no line panties? I've been told not to wear thongs anymore especially since I have a history of vaginal infections. I have to get some probiotics too. It was such an awesome appointment.

37. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@LindsayInNY: @cascademom: congrats on great appts! Mine isn't til 4pm EST so I have some time...

@MrsBrewer: I also never got the flu shot pre baby, but since LO1 was an Oct baby and born during cold and flu season, I got it and made everyone around us get it too. I definitely also think the pros outweigh the cons and TBH don't really see a reason not to get it? but it's your decision of course! That'll at least be a nice thing about having a June baby.

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

39. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: My friends here in Atlanta found the same thing! They started looking early in the second trimester and were shocked at how long the wait lists were! Glad that is one thing I don't have to worry about since I'll be leaving my job to be a SAHM.

40. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@LindsayInNY: We're waiting until our US next week before telling LO1's small, in-home daycare. It seems crazy early but all it takes is one other parent being pregnant to mess up my plan for two at the same daycare.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee