Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@cascademom: congrats on the great appointment !

2. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@LindsayInNY: glad everything looked good! Hope the next 2 weeks fly by for u

3. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Man, I thought I dressed carefully today, but caught a side-view in a window and OMG. I bet my whole office knows!

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: Photos or it didn't happen!! I need some bump eye candy!

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: I second @LindsayInNY's request.

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Thought I would recompile/update our due date list since people are moving into July now... I like our little group of 15 About 50/50 with LO1 or LO2 too!

June 1: @78h2o (#2), @cascademom (#2)
    June 3: @MrsBrewer (#1), @hocuspocus (#1)
    June 5: @dc yoga bee (#1), @BabyMats (#2)
    June 9: @hilsy85 (#2)
    June 13: @TarHeelBee (#1), @MUI831 (#2)
    June 14: @Eko (#1), @Mrs.KMM (#1)
    June 15: @Corduroy (#2)
    June 19: @Jess1483 (#2)
    June 24: @MrsKMM (#1)
    June 26: @LindsayInNY (#1)

7. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Front looks ok, but the side view, yikes!

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: I see exactly what you mean! The shirt kinda clings in the side view. How much longer do you plan/want to hide it from work?

9. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: That is fairly noticeable. I work in an office full of females so any sort of physical changes are very noticeable at my work.

10. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: Also would like to add that your bump is really cute.!!

11. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: thanks! @LindsayInNY: I wanted to wait until my 2nd ultrasound @12 weeks on 11/18... so 3 more weeks. I only work 3 days a week (~30 hrs), so I guess that's only 9 more times I have to see them before I tell them.

12. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Haven't posted in a while we're in the middle of a move (DH doing most of the work ) tomorrow is my bday and then on the 4th my first appointment !!! I'm so excited, still not 100% sure on how far along I am yet so really looking forward to next Tuesday.

Just wanted to say congrats to everyone who has had their first ultrasound, so exciting !

@desertdreams88 I'm sorry...hugs

13. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: Your bump is adorable. Yours is so round. Mine's a little bloaty, but getting rounder. I took a pic with my new haircut this weekend. Here's my pseudo bump in my new favorite waffle shirt from Target.

14. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: @78h2o: I love seeing these bumps!!! yay!!!

15. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: I like your bump (and your bathroom!)

16. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'm still calling it a pseudo bump for now. We'll see how it is at 12 weeks. I can still sleep on my stomach for a little longer. When I had the positive pregnancy test, I made sure to sleep on my stomach since I know I'm going to miss doing that in the future.

17. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: Aww thanks. My DH just fixed my sink, so it looks extra spiffy. I learned that old contact lenses (one a days) and my hair do damage to the sink. My LO takes baths in the tub. We got rid of the corner toy holder since it got moldy, so that's why the ducks and squirties are lined up.

18. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: LOL! I'm so jealous! I can't wait to get a bump! Right now I just feel like my belly is just extra fat! hahahah I have a bit of a pooch since before I got pregnant and I'm still at the point where I can't button my pants comfortably, but it doesn't look anything like a bump yet!

19. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: cute! I like your bathroom too!

I can't wait for 3 more weeks to pass so that I can just embrace the bump and not try to hide it. I got so frustrated trying to get ready for church yesterday... all of my shirts were clinging to my belly. My stomach used to be fairly flat, so it's an obvious change.

Here is one from last week...equally ridiculous. I changed before I wore this to work, thankfully. I guess, including my miscarriage, this is my 3rd pregnancy, so maybe that's why??

20. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: I love your optimism - only 9 more times having to hide it! Maybe some other wardrobe options?! I have NO clue lol!

@MrsBrewer: I have NONE of that! Well, some pre-baby pooch of course but not really any bloat? And pants are still buttoning. I'm 3 weeks behind you though so maybe that's why...

21. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: Yea I'm pretty sure 3 weeks ago I was still fitting into everything just fine. I think I've been keeping my pants unbuttoned for about 2 weeks now.

22. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: Tell me about it! I swear - the only pants that are comfortable right now are yoga pants and my leggings! But it just looks like fat. No obviously bump here yet.

23. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs.KMM: @MrsBrewer: I got leggings for a Halloween costume 4 years ago. I lived in those during the weekends when I was pregnant with LO. I love those H&M leggings.

24. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: @cascademom: I definitely don't think I could ever pull off leggings! I wish I could, but I think with my thighs and butt, I need to leave some parts to the imagination

25. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'm a bigger girl myself (size 12-14 with hips, a butt, and thighs) and I NEVER thought I would be able to pull off leggings but I actually found I look great in them! I just have to wear longer, tunic-type tops with them (long enough to cover my butt). Try them!

26. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Hmmm maybe I will have to try! I'm size 16-18, so a little bit bigger than you, but I guess I never know, I might be able to pull them off. Truthfully when I'm further along, I'm sure I really won't care what I look like either, just as long as I'm comfortable!

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: How do your pants stay up unbuttoned?! Some of my work pants won't let me use the elastic trick either.

28. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: My my belly band! The elastic trick doesn't work for my work pants either since they just have the metal clasps on then, so I just zipper them about 1/2 way, and then I slide my wonderful belly band on and it holds it in place just perfectly! It doesn't roll up or down either. Plus if it sticks out a little bit on the bottom, it just looks like I'm laying with a tank top. (I normally try to coordinate my tank top color with my belly band :-))

29. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

So not such a fab appt over here...baby only measured 6w3d, and should have been 7w6d. I'm not 100% sure on my O date, since I missed a few days temping and never got a positive OPK. So I did a beta and progesterone blood draw today and am going back for another u/s on Monday. Not really sure how to feel about the whole thing right now.

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: Hmm. I wasn't sure how the belly band stayed in place! I have to run to target tonight so maybe I should grab one??

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hilsy85: Could measurements be off? Like could you have Oed later? Thinking positive beta thoughts!!

32. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@LindsayInNY: It's possible, since my temps and OPKs were a little wonky. But if I did O later, I'm just not sure how I would have gotten a positive test when I did (at what I thought was 13dpo, but which may have even been earlier?). I am debating whether to go back for repeat betas on Wednesday or just wait til the u/s on Monday. She did say that she saw a flicker of a heartbeat, and that everything looked normal, so if I told her that I was supposed to be only 6-7 weeks along, it would have been perfect. It's only because I"m supposed to be almost 8 weeks along that it's not adding up.

33. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: Do it seriously, you won't be disappointed! In the next few weeks you will definitely be happy to have it!

@hilsy85: Maybe your O date is just off, I'm staying hopeful for you and wishing you all the luck on your next ultrasound on Monday. When would your next blood draw be then? Or are they just doing one?

34. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@MrsBrewer: thanks she said I could come back on Wednesday for a second beta, but I don't know if there's a point--maybe it would just be better to wait til Monday, which I feel like will be more definitive. She left it up to me, since it's a bit of a hike to get to the doctor's office.

35. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@hilsy85: I'd say that everything looking normal seems like it would be a good sign (even if measurements are off based on what your chart indicates they should be). Keeping my fingers crossed you get good news with your betas!

36. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hilsy85: I'd recommend getting the repeat beta. With my miscarriage, the baby did continue to grow for a few weeks, but my betas were not doubling, so I was prepared when I lost the baby. I found it helpful to have the additional info, because my 2nd scan caused them to still say we had to wait and see, maybe my dates were off, etc. (when I knew they could not be off). However, I totally understand not going for the second if it's too much of a hassle, esp. since you have a LO to care for. I'm sorry you are dealing with this and hope that your first beta is nice and high and that your ultrasound next week provides good news.

37. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@hilsy85: I'll keep you in my thoughts. I lost a pregnancy that was dating behind by about 8-10 days. There was a very slow heartbeat, but there was no wiggle room in my dates.

I'm leaking milk--yikes! Not a lot or anything, but I'm only 6 weeks!

38. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@78h2o: thank you for sharing, I didn't realize that that was a possibility...I guess it really depends on whether I can get a sitter for LO.

@Jess1483: thanks...too early for us to get a number on the HB.

39. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@cascademom: love the u/s pic! Yay!
    @lindsayinny: glad your appt went well!
    @hilsy85: keeping you in my thoughts

40. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

So I went to Target last night and picked up a belly band. OMG - best decision! It is so much more comfortable (and I'd feel a little silly wearing maternity pants at 7 weeks with my first so that will give me a bit of a transition). I'll admit, it does feel a little weird being able to feel the V at the front of my pants where they aren't zipped and buttoned. But the extra comfort makes up for it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee