Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@glitterboots: I fall asleep easily, but wake up for bathroom breaks. So many bathroom breaks.

2. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@glitterboots: I have the same problem. I fall asleep fine, sleep 2-3 hours, wake up and can't fall back asleep. My ob gave me the ok on unisom. I cut them in half, otherwise they knock me out for a good 10+ hours. They take about a half hour to kick in, for me.

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@glitterboots: I alternate. Some nights I sleep great. Other nights I sleep like crap. I have found that overall I'm sleeping better now that I bought a pregnancy pillow (but I still occasionally have bad nights).

4. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I have to ask, what size bed do you have? Because we have a queen right now, and there's no way that me, DH and a pregnancy pillow would fit!

5. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: A King. DH and I both sleep hot so we definitely need our space when sleeping.

6. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: That makes sense! I think we will be upgrading to a King very soon!

7. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: During my last pregnancy, I used a wedge pillow and a leg support. This pregnancy, my hips hurt a lot more and sooner. I'm borrowing my parents' body pillow. So far so good on it. I refuse to buy a giant pregnancy pillow since it takes up a lot of space on our queen size bed and is hard to store.

8. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: I'm thinking about going to Walmart soon, and just buying one of those body pillows. I've been making do without one, but my back is starting to kill me lately!

9. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@glitterboots: My sleeping has been fine, except for the constant bathroom breaks! My sleeping also depends on when I have to wake up to use the bathroom! If it's about dead middle of night I have no issues with going back to bed, but if it's an hour or so before I need to get up, I just lay awake.

@MrsBrewer: I also have a queen bed that we just bought at the beginning of this past summer and I slightly regret not getting a king. We also couldn't get a king because our current bedroom space is too small to handle a king. If you can upgrade I certainly would!

10. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: When we visited my parents, I asked and remembered they had one. It's been helpful so far. Hip pain has been the worst with this pregnancy. For my back pain, I got a lumbar pillow which relieves some of the pain. I plan on keeping those after this pregnancy, but giving back the body pillow and probably trashing the other stuff from before.

11. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: I definitely think a King bed would fit in our Master. It's not super spacious, but I think we definitely have a little extra room that we could make it work! Plus we still have all the mis-matching bedroom furniture, so I won't feel bad about not having the matching headboard or anything!

@cascademom: Interesting! I haven't heard of a lumbar pillow, I might have to look into that! do you use that when you sleep? Is it for side-lying?

12. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I use lumbar pillows for sitting for long periods of time like on the couch, etc. not for sleeping.

13. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsKMM: I am feeling much better, but I am still getting sick now and then. I was puking this morning, actually. So you are not alone! Congrats on the good NT scan and having a girl!

@cascademom: I have been waking up to go to the bathroom SO many times! I'm trying to be more careful about drinking less water before bed.

I am not sleeping well because I usually sleep on my stomach or back. I can't get the hang of sleeping on my side! How bad is it really to sleep on your back??? I remember last time my OB said I could sleep on my back as long as I put a small pillow under one hip to tilt my pelvis to the side... so I've done that a bit, but I still worry that it's not good for the baby. Sigh.

18 weeks today...getting closer to the halfway point!

14. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: I'm always thirsty before bed, so matter how much I limit it, I still pee a ton.

15. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I finally bought myself a nice, expensive pillow. Then I went to Target and bought a $9 body pillow. I've been sleeping so much better when I actually sleep. If I drink anything after 7pm, I wake up atleast 4-6 times during the night to pee. So annoying!

Has anyone been feeling the baby move a lot? Also, I'd like to say that it doesn't feel like sweet butterfly flutters! It feel like baby is jabbing me, totally not what I expected as a first time mom. Ha!

16. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MamaB: I still only feel flutters! I haven't had any serious kicks or anything yet!

17. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MamaB: and @MrsBrewer: I still don't feel anything! I'm impatiently waiting to feel movement at this point (16w today).

18. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I am right there with you. I had flutters for two days and quickly went away. I haven't felt anything in a couple weeks.

19. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MamaB: I got a couple of serious kicks after eating chocolate a little bit ago. It certainly wasn't my stomach reacting to food, but my munchkin doing his thing.

20. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

I was lucky enough to get a pillow (Snoogle) for Christmas from the MIL but haven't tried it out yet. I'm having a lot of hip pain at night though so I'm sure it won't be long.

I have had what I think are some flutters but definitely not any strong kicks!

21. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Yikes, this pregnant woman should not have just walked through the 50% off Christmas sweets aisle at Target!

22. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: You don't want to see our house right now. I have leftover Frangos, Fannie May mint meltaways, cookies galore, and then just my regular candy stash. When pregnant, candy is one of my downfalls.

23. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@78h2o: Thanks! I'm having similar sleeping problems - I prefer my back or stomach, and can't get used to my sides so I'm never comfortable.

24. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I am so relieved that I'm finally feeling flutters again. They disappeared for a week and I was freaking out. I guess baby was hiding from the in laws.

25. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Corduroy: When I went to the nurse practitioner, she said since the baby is still small and deep in the pelvis, feeling kicks early is awesome, but not trackable until the baby moves above the pelvis around 20-24 weeks.

I notice the kicks earlier with this pregnancy for sure. Munchkin gets quiet at times, but still kicks quite a bit. It's nothing trackable yet, but more noticeable.

26. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I can't believe tomorrow is already NYE! What is everyone planning to do? We haven't done anything much the last two years, but this year we got a sitter and are going out to a fancy dinner with a group of friends. The only thing is that our reservation isn't until 9:30 and it's a pre-fixed menu with wine pairings included for each of 5 courses. I can't drink wine and my husband can't drink it either (due to a medication he takes), so it's kinda funny (and a waste of money) that that's where we are going. However, we are looking forward to a night out (assuming I can stay up that late)! I think our friend who arranged it is going to see if we can get a discount since neither of us can partake in the wine pairings.

I need to figure out what I'm going to wear... I have a simple black, non-maternity dress that I might wear. It's fine in the belly, but it's a little low cut for my now size D boobs. It also needs some kind of fun statement necklace, since it's pretty boring black. Seen any good/inexpensive ones anywhere?

I hope I can stay up until 12:30-1! I'm pretty sure I will have to have a snack before 9:30 dinner. I get so hungry these days if I don't eat every 3-4 hours.

27. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: That sounds like a lot of fun! Might be a nice opportunity to bring the girls out

I am not doing too much at all. I've never really been into New Years and every place is going to be so expensive and I can't even drink, so not much fun for me. I've been to a lot of holiday parties and am now a little partied out. I will likely just stay in and order chinese food.

28. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: We're going to a friend's house for a party. We've been invited three years in a row. The first year, LO was sick. Last year, I was sick. This year, we're going for sure.

29. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: That sounds like a blast!!! I agree with @Eko: whip those girls out and show them off! hahahaha

I had my appt yesterday and it went great!! Baby's heartbeat was so easy to find, and it was at 153. I have my anatomy ultrasound scheduled for the 20th, and I'm so excited!!! I just want to see the baby! We are still going to be so there's no finding out the gender for us, but I'm just excited to see this little bean!

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Updated with some new genders! Let me know if I missed anyone or anything

JUNE MAMAS

June 1: @78h2o (#2 ), @cascademom (#2 )
    June 3 (maybe): @hocuspocus (#1 )
    June 4: @badwolf (#1)
    June 5: @dc yoga bee (#1), @BabyMats (#2), @MrsBrewer (#1 )
    June 10: @MamaB (#1)
    June 11: @merriment (#2 ), @Ifyoulikepinacoladas (#2 )
    June 13: @TarHeelBee (#1), @MUI831 (#2)
    June 14: @Eko (#1), @Ash (#2)
    June 15: @Corduroy (#2), @extrasprinkles (#1), @Mrs.KMM (#1 )
    June 16: @glitterboots (#2)
    June 19: @Jess1483 (#2)
    June 23: @rpparker (#1), @just_ju (#1)
    June 24: @MrsKMM (#1 )
    June 26: @LindsayInNY (#1)

31. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: Wow, so many girls! It feels like such a departure from our daycare which is practically all boys.

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: That's great your appointment went well! I have my anatomy scan on the 12th and am so nervous. At the moment we are TG, but that choice seems to be wavering. DH doesn't want to know, but I do, so it's making this a hard choice. lol.

33. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: I want to find out too!!! But, we've told everyone that we are waiting, and DH really has a strong opinion and wants to wait!

My mom told me on Christmas (I think she was trying to scare the crap out of me) but when she went in for her 20 week ultrasound with my brother and sister, that's when she found out that she was having twins! She didn't know until then!!! I guess at the early ultrasound they only saw 1, and they always only looked for 1 heartbeat at the previous appts. So now I think she's trying to make me think I'm having twins! LOL No way!! I just have 1 in here.....lol

34. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I used to work at an Italian restaurant. The owner's wife had twin girls in the 80s a few years after I was born. During delivery, she got a surprise with another girl. I don't know if she had any ultrasounds at the time, but the second girl was a bit of a surprise.

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: oh that is crazy!!! I couldn't imagine finding out at birth!

36. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: We told everyone too, but might find out anyway! My family ganged up on DH and they have him partially convinced that he should find out. Plus, I was sorta telling DH that I was ok with not finding out and when I ended up saying that I was just saying that for him and I wanted to find out, he might just go with whatever I chose. Either way, whichever we chose, we are going the opposite for #2.

That is super scary to find out so late about having twins! I completely thought I was having twins, but after 4 appointments, I don't see our likelihood of that happening. Although I think it is strange that none of the June mamas are having twins!

37. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Hope everyone had a great holiday! My morning sickness has been under control, and I was able to get a prenatal massage, and went to Top Golf with DH and my brother. I'll post an updated bump pic when I get home. There are so many girls so far, I just know we are having a boy! 6 days until my anatomy scan. Not that I'm counting
    Also, I haven't felt movement in like two weeks! I think baby may be in a food coma now that I'm finally eating real food lol.

38. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@cascademom: I feel like I've been the opposite. I've been less likely to go for sweets. Not that they don't still taste wonderful, but I feel like I've been less drawn to them while pregnant.

@78h2o: We've rented a cabin in the north GA mountains with 3 other couples so we'll be up there Wed - Sun. So excited to get away for a bit and relax!

39. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Had my 16 week appointment today (16w1d) and used my phone to take some pictures during the quick ultrasound check. Baby girl looks good and it is so fun watching her move around on screen!

Look at her little foot! I love this picture! She kicked out right at the wand!

Oh - and I (and my OB) were quite happy that I haven't gained any weight since my 12 week appointment so I'm only up 3-4 pounds total so far.

40. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: I think there is one person having twins, no? @BabyMats?

@Mrs.KMM: I'm jealous that you are only up 4! I think I am up 8-9 now. Your NYE plans sound super fun too!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee