Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2018 moms!

1. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@trixi: Booo for being sick! I'm coming down with something too - worst sore throat I've ever had and can take basically nothing for it. I spent my entire last pregnancy with one cold after another and I was really hoping to escape that this time around

2. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@csross217 I know how you feel. I remember being sick 75% of the time of my last pregnancy. He was a Feb baby so right smack in cold and flu season!
    I stayed home yesterday to recover and am feeling better. I know I will be back to normal by the weekend now. I just hope husband and son don't get it now for Christmas...I don't need two sick babies on Christmas day

3. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@trixi: That's my fear as well! Sick baby and sick husband would be a very bad combination over the Christmas weekend. Especially since my husband suffers from horrible man colds and he'd just be camped out in bed all weekend....

On another note, it seems like it's WAY too early but I almost feel like there have been some flutters......? I felt movement around 18-19 weeks last time, and I've felt a few flutters/bubbles that feel super similar to those early movements from last time around!!!!! 14.5 weeks seems way to early for that though, right???

4. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@csross217 I literally thought I felt something the other day too and I was like nooo it can't be. Last time I felt at 19 weeks. Not sure if I am being hopeful as well or now I just recognize them.

However, I am feeling much more 'stretching pains' like if I cough or sneeze sometimes I get a tad of a pain in my lower abdomen... much earlier. Darn it.

5. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@csross217: @trixi: I also feel like I have been feeling things. Last pregnancy, the earliest I remember feeling things is 18 weeks but that is maybe because I could confirm the movement during a scan. But I definitely feel what seems like little tiny kicks already. I think. Maybe it is gas bubbles haha.

Anyone else get migraines? I felt the starts of one Sunday, then was okay Monday, had what felt like a sinus headache yesterday, then got a full blown migraine with an aura today. I have never ever felt like I was getting one and not get one on the next day or so, so hopefully what I have today is just leftover from Sunday.

6. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

I think we narrowed our boy's name list to two names today. Actually, it is the same name we just don't know which one we would want to be first and which one we would want to be middle. So watch this one will be a girl because we are clueless on girl's names.

7. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

that is awesome you ladies are feeling some movement! i'm really not but also a couple weeks behind some of you.

mainly right now i feel like my digestive system is adjusting to whatever is going on in there -- being smooshed i guess? and it is not that happy.

@Ms. RV: exciting you narrowed your list to two, for boys! for my DS we narrowed to two boys names around 20 weeks, and then debated them basically until DS was born. at least now we have a second boy's name at the ready : )

8. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

Told work yesterday and today, everyone was very happy. Except, not sure how happy the president really is as he'll have lots of ladies out at the same time next summer but EHH who cares. He said congrats and he had an inkling because I wasn't drinking much (at all LOL) at holiday party, and since he was at my table he noticed! Excited for the baby boom in our office, I'm number 5 that is due in 2018 and we are a small institution. Glad it's out in the open, looking forward to telling our extended family at Christmas and announcing on social media too next week!

We haven't talked about names much except the same ones from our first that we didn't use, lol guess we need to branch out!

9. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@trixi: congrats on making the announcement! i told my two closes bosses yesterday. they were incredibly nice about it but i still have so much angst especially with the news coming literally right on the heels of my promotion news. i think they'll come around to this actually being very good timing for me to be on leave, but meh.

also given my new status i actually don't know how my maternity leave benefits work/transfer, but i'm definitely not asking until a little while from now. at least until the promotion takes effect jan. 1

10. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@trixi: Congrats on making the announcement at work!! I totally felt like that was way more stressful than telling friends/family/FB world.

I'm still a little nervous about how my leave will work. Our fiscal year ends on June 30 and we just changed our policies about PTO, so I'm pretty confused about how it will all shake out with my STD. I've been nervous to talk to HR about it because I don't want to get bad news!!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I'm snowed in here and we're expected to get 8-12 inches of snow tomorrow so it'll certainly be a white, messy Christmas

11. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

My appt went well today. HB was 145 and my weight gain was on track. But it looks like I am going to have to get a fetal EKG since DD has a congenital heart defect that was not picked up on her anatomy scan.

12. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: Belated congrats on your promotion!!! That is so exciting!

@trixi: Glad to hear your work announcement went well!

@Ms. RV: That's great that you had a good appointment. Did you have your anatomy scan for your current baby yet? At what week would they do the fetal EKG?

13. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@sunflowerbee: My anatomy scan is in three weeks, then I will have the echo six days later. MFM confirmed that I will need an echo, not just an EKG I could have had them done at the same time at MFM, but then OH would not have been able to go. This way he can at least go to the anatomy scan.

14. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@sunflowerbee: thanks!!

@Ms. RV: sorry to hear you have to go through that. hopefully it will wind up offering you some peace of mind.

How is everyone doing? The holidays have been really nice and restful and I have gotten so much QT with LO1! It's going to be hard to go back to work, which I may have to do tomorrow. I'm also entering the phase where other than large belly I don't really notice being pregnant--it's offputting! I am looking forward to my next appointment on the 11th.

15. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: Doing well! The holidays were so much fun this year, DD really enjoyed opening her presents and since we were snowed in we spent some really great quality time together I'm definitely starting to feel more pregnant though... aches and pains, constant stuffy nose, heartburn. And I had to dig out all my maternity clothes!

I've been really weepy too. I cried thinking about it being DD's last Christmas alone (though DH assured me she won't remember), cried over having to come back to work, and trying to keep myself from crying thinking about a work trip I need to take later this month!!!

16. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@NWM I am also in the "oh that's right I am pregnant!" boat right now. I have energy again, and don't feel uncomfortable yet. I am way thicker in the middle but it's less of a bump and more of a roundish look, too many Christmas cookies LOL
    I know it will be a few weeks of this then miserable for 16 weeks LOL. I guess I will enjoy while I can.

@csross217 However I will say I've had heartburn, and never get it except when pregnant!

Holidays were wonderful! Well, except NYE was a bust, I was the only sober one at the wedding and DD'd a few friends home. It was fun, but stinks being the prego on NYE.

17. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@csross217: oh yeah, i do have the constant stuffy nose. man, what a stupid pain that symptom is!

@trixi: ugh, i hear you. definitely spent NYE (and for that matter, the rest of the holidays as my family opened one nice bottle of wine after the other) reminding myself that next year i'll be able to drink (of course, that's in moderation at most, assuming i'm still BFing then )

what is the etiquette on summer weddings/weddings around your due date? we have some close friends getting married about a week before our due date, within driving distance of home (though probably an awkward distance--about 2.5 hours--if i actually went into labor). i was late with my son and my mom was late with both me and my sister by at least a week (which they say can be a good predictor on when you'll go into labor). i would really like to go if the baby isn't showing signs of arrival by then, but is it just way too rude to say yes when we're so iffy, and force them to basically pay for meals that we may not get to eat/work us into the seating chart, etc.? any of you guys also weighing what to do about weddings around that time?

18. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@NWM I thought the same thing. Next NYE I can have a few glasses of wine! Heck next summer we can do an afternoon at the brewery. Of course...pump and dump but whatever....this mama will need a drink!

There has been MUCH chatter about June weddings. There are 2 June weddings in our family (first and last weekend) and I'm due on the 22nd. Husband's close cousins. He was asked to be a groomsman in one , before we were pregnant. Well, we've basically said there is little chance we will make either. They are both 5 and 4 hours away, respectively. There is no way my Dr. would allow me to go, nor would I feel that's appropriate (or a comfortable drive either!) If she did give the go ahead. But, I know the family members are having whispers when we are not around about HOW DARE WE GET PREGNANT WITH THESE WEDDINGS PLANNED

Personally 2.5 hours is too far for me too anywhere near due date. I was also a week late with my first, but my entire labor was 3 hours. Not saying this one will be exactly the same, but I don't want to be in a foreign city having a baby. Nope. Not on my list.

I think sometimes when people get married they forget others lives do not revolve around the wedding, and babies don't either! Of course we'd love to be there, but the timing is not right.

19. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: No wedding invites here yet, but I agree that 2.5 hours away would be too far for me to go that close to my due date! Even if you went over last time, there are no guarantees and I don't think anyone wants to deliver in a different city! Besides, that would be one long, uncomfortable car ride at 39 weeks pregnant...

I was 1.5 weeks early with DD and only in labor for about 6 hours start to finish.... Needless to say, I won't be doing any travelling within those last few weeks!

20. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@trixi: @csross217: wow, i can't believe you both had such quick labors! in addition to being late, i had to be induced after my water broke, which honestly took at least six hours to get going to the point where i was actually uncomfortable (and then i was REALLY uncomfortable of course). i'm sure that's coloring my thinking about this, and i know intellectually that second labors often progress really fast, but i'll just be so sad to miss this one! but you both sound very reasonable, haha. i have a feeling when i run this by my doctor she's going to tell me i'm nuts for even considering it so thanks for not saying that outright part of me thinks delivering near the wedding if i had to would have the advantage of potentially allowing me to deliver someplace less crowded with more private room availability than at my big city hospital

@trixi: i totally agree, people can be so self-centered about their weddings! like, how crazy is it to think someone should plan the arrival of a human into the world around your wedding, sigh. these friends would not be that way at all, i'm sure they'll be very understanding, we've just known them for a while and they're part of our close friend group so we will hate to miss it. but just the way it goes sometimes.

21. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@csross217: did you ever talk to HR about your PTO/mat leave policies? my promotion is now official so there is no real reason not to inquire so i can know what's coming and start to plan...but i can't quite bring myself to do it!

22. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@NWM I am the same way. I should just ask my supervisor (who is also HR) but I am nervous of the answer maybe?

With my old job you had to take ALL SICK, ALL VACA, ALL PTO no ifs and or buts about it during your leave. And no they did not pay any maternity leave or STD for you either. My son was born in Feb so I had to go May-Dec 31 with no vaca or sick days. I think I took 1 sick day unpaid but I felt terrible about it, like it wasn't allowed? I work somewhere different now, but for a small company....and I am in Illinois with no laws except they have to allow me to take the 12 weeks unpaid. I know there is no actual maternity leave, just FMLA..

To me I'd rather save 3-4 days for sickness for me or kids or a day off at Christmas-time etc and take all the unpaid during my leave.

23. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: Not yet.... our HR manager just got back from vacation and I haven't had a chance to make an appointment with her yet. I'm a little nervous to talk to them just because I'm afraid of what they will say....

24. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@trixi: my last job was the same! Luckily I accrued PTO weekly so after a few months I had a couple days off. I have STD with my new employer but I heard that they make you take PTO and STD simultaneously....

25. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@trixi: @csross217: oh man, that sounds terrible! hope that your benefits this time work out better. i agree that it's super annoying having to take ALL leave when you're out because when you come back you probably will have even more reasons you need to have sick days in the bank! also seems like taking PTO and STD simultaneously has got to violate some law or policy.

i was actually really lucky last time because my company's benefits are amazing for associates, so i got generous paid time off plus got to keep all my vacation days (and actually had the option to tack them on to my leave, but didn't b/c i was still angling for the promotion i just got and was worried that would be a negative).

ironically, now that i got the promotion and am a partner, i think there may be much worse benefits (i.e., i'm worried it could be unpaid, etc., or that i'll at least be sacrificing more money because a higher portion of my salary is now effectively discretionary). i should not complain because i'm in a better role but i'll be sad if that's the deal.

plus i just still feel a lot of anxiety about people knowing that i'll be going out on leave, but honestly i look like i swallowed a cantaloupe whole so i probably need to get over it soon. ugh, i love my job but i hate the professional anxiety that accompanies all of this!

26. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@NWM ah I know the work anxiety gets to me too. I'm fairly new at my company and position, so I can relate. I really hope that is not the case for you with less benefits than before, but try to remember it's a short time in the long run.

I just keep telling myself, even if it is not great--it is only for this year. It will go by fast after baby is here anyhow!

27. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@csross217: My company is similar to yours. We get 6 weeks of paid STD, but the STD doesn't kick in until week 3 so you have to use up 2 weeks of your own vacation or PTO time first. And then we can take up to another 6 weeks unpaid under FMLA. I agree that it definitely sucks having to use PTO and STD simultaneously because then you barely have any other PTO days to use for doctor's appointments for yourself and/or baby after you're back from maternity leave.

@nwm: @trixi: I definitely agree with you ladies that the professional anxiety side of maternity leave is very difficult. Especially because my boss is also pregnant and due exactly 2 months before me so we've been starting to make contingency plans based on when we'll both deliver and start leave, which is obviously hard to do since the babies will come when they want to!

28. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@sunflowerbee: It's so frustrating! Makes me want to move to Canada Really though, I need to make an appointment and talk to HR directly.... I'm stressing myself out trying to figure out what the policy is saying.

Just got out of an OB appointment. Things are looking good! HR is 150 bpm at 17 weeks. I was a little nervous because I've been having a little cramping (feels like BH...) which my OB said is normal since it's my second time around. I also have a work trip coming up so he gave me a few tips on flying while pregnant.

29. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@csross217 Glad you had a good apt! I go on Wednesday can't wait to hear that HB again! Funny I have weird cramps sometimes too, I didn't know it had to do with second pregnancy and I was going to ask. I will still mention it. But honestly, I think mine more have to do with being a little backed up and needing to use the bathroom!

30. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

phew! just got back from a good appointment, heard the little heartbeat on the doppler. took a good 30 seconds to find it, which was nervewracking.

i have also had way more cramping this time! i mentioned it to my doc and she didn't seem to know as much what i was talking about, but did say that sometimes you feel the round ligament pain more as your body expands again and called them growing pains.

i actually moved up this appointment from thursday because i got food poisoning last thursday night it only lasted 12 hours, but lord was it miserable, then i still felt exhausted and crappy but had to work like 9 straight hours from bed on friday. it made me a bit nervous (and my husband was for whatever reason especially concerned), but i called friday morning and the doc on call was unconcerned, and my OB was also not worried today, so hopefully mainly it was just miserable for me and not too noticeable for the peanut!

@csross217: where are you going? i went to london for close to a week when i was pregnant the first time, and it was actually kind of cool to feel like i was bringing the baby with me! that was also the first time i let myself buy him something fun as a souvenir, i was being very superstitious before then.

31. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

anyone else's belly just BALLOON recently? i feel like i look the way i looked at 20-24 weeks last time...and i'm just now 16 weeks! will i keep getting bigger and bigger, or will i just plateau earlier? definitely feels like i fast-forwarded through pregnancy stages, bump wise!

32. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: I'll be in Dallas for a week for a training. I traveled while pregnant last time (to Mexico actually), but this time I'm a little more nervous as I'll be alone and just feel more pregnant this time around. Also, it's making me super weepy thinking about leaving DD for a week But, on the other hand, sleeping in a little and watching whatever I want TV sounds pretty good!

My belly has ballooned too! I'm 17 weeks now and look like I did at 22-23 weeks last time.... The only way I can hide it is with my puffy winter coat. I've heard that you'll be the same size in the end, just get there faster!

33. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

I finally have a bump but don't feel the 'balloon-ing' just yet. Although I go to DR tomorrow for my 16 wk checkup and I KNOW I have gained weight. I don't even want to look at scale! I went a little crazy with those Christmas treats!

34. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@csross217: @nwm: Glad you both had good appointments! I go for my Level II Ultrasound / anatomy scan on Thursday night and I'm so excited! I'm hoping baby cooperates to be in a good position for all of the detail shots they need to take and gives a good look at the money shot, haha.

I'm 19+1 and feel like I finally have a bit of a bump. My doctor showed me that the baby is still right below my bellow button and will grow 1/2" per week from here on out.

@trixi: Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Seems like a popular week for doctor's appointments!

35. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

I figured I'd update the list for anyone who wants to put upcoming doctor's appts, anatomy scans, etc. on here. Is anyone finding out the gender and wants to reveal it here? If so, just reply!

DH and I will be finding out the sex on Thursday but will be keeping the information to ourselves and not telling anyone IRL, so I definitely respect anyone who knows but doesn't want to share online.

June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/18 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/22 - Trixi (#2)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    1/10 - Trixi
    1/11 - Sunflowerbee

36. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

So glad everyone is having good my appointments!!

@trixi: For my day-after-Christmas appointment, I wore the lightest clothes and took off my shoes. The medical assistnt laughed when I asked.

@sunflowerbee: Are you in maternity clothing yet? I made the switch for the new year. So much mrw comfortable.

I have three appts coming up.. my anatomy scan on 1/20, MFM on 1/26 (hopefully the only one), and then OB on 1/30.

37. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Oh and my boss wants me to submit a proposal to speak at a professional conference a week before my due date He said if I get accepted and go into labor he'll speak for me, but I think it would be quite an experience to present for 90 minutes in front of 60 people while 39 weeks pregnant.

38. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@Ms. RV: Yes, I started wearing maternity clothes at 16 weeks because I had already bought them so figured I'd get some use out of them! I've been living in and loving nursing camis I bought at Kohl's that are so much better than wearing a wired bra.

I would also be very hesitant about accepting a speaking arrangement where you'd have to present (and presumably stand) for a long period of time at 39 weeks pregnant! Can you respectfully turn it down and say you don't feel comfortable doing it so close to your due date? Or offer to help collaborate with him on the proposal and have him give the speech?

39. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@Ms. RV that would stress me out! But at least I'd feel a bit better know my boss would back me up if needed.

We will make the apt for our anatomy scan tomorrow. I imagine it will be second week of February. We are finding out and I will let you ladies know! I am thinking a girl...for purely scientific reasons:

A. When I was pregnant with my son my skin was GLOWING. Now I have nonstop pimples. Literally 2-3 new ones a week!
    B. The Chinese gender predictor calendar says girl (it was right with my son!)
    C. I have really been in a pink mood lately without realizing it. Bought new pink hued bedding, a rug for a different room with blush tones in it....

LOL we will see if it's mother's intuition or if I'm just hopeful because I want to buy girly clothes!

40. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@Ms. RV: I'm in the same situation! My trip to Dallas in a few weeks is actually to get my certification to teach an 8-hour training. I'm kind of afraid my employer will expect me to teach the classes up until my due date.....

@trixi: That's a lot of signs point to ! I was *sure* DD was a boy up until the day of my ultrasound.... this time around, I don't really have a strong sense either way! So far, it seems pretty similar to my last pregnancy other that feeling pregnant wayyyy earlier.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee