Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2019 Mamas!

1. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@MLE81: I'm so sorry. I hope the u/s shows that everything is ok, if a bit slow, and that you still have cause to be excited. We'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts.

2. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MLE81: I'm so sorry. Sending good vibes for tomorrow morning!

3. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@MLE81: I will be praying that the ultrasound goes well tomorrow. This is such a tough time and the uncertainty is so hard mentally. Keeping my fingers crossed too!

4. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MLE81: I'm sorry. I hope things go well tomorrow.

5. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

Finally managed to make my first appointment. It's scheduled for Nov 5 when I'm 8wks along.

6. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Mrs. Toad: My appointment is the same day. Seems so far away!

7. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MLE81: So sorry the levels aren't higher. Still hopeful that tomorrow will bring good news. Hang in there.

8. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

I had my first OB appointment today. They were not going to do an ultrasound initially, it was more of a "meet and greet" and going over my history, but I told them I wasn't feeling many pregnancy symptoms (they come and go vs. being constant) so for reassurance, my midwife had one of the nurses perform an ultrasound today. Thankfully they saw the baby moving around and a good, strong heartbeat. I am so relieved. I have my first official ultrasound next week, I should be 8.5 weeks by then.

My midwife was saying that in her experience, third time moms are usually most nervous about their pregnancies. I asked her why she thought that... she said at that point they might already have had a m/c or two, and they look at their healthy babies and think they might be pushing the envelope with their luck going for a third. It totally resonated with me. I don't know if it's the hormones or WHAT, but it's been really difficult to maintain positivity with this pregnancy and I keep thinking I'll lose it at any moment. But she said by the time they're pregnant with their fourth, they're like "whatever everything's going to be fine!" and really loosen up.

Sorry to be a downer. But wanted to share the good news...

9. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@MLE81: I’m praying for a good appointment tomorrow. My numbers started out on the low side of normal too, and my Progesterone actually dropped quite a bit, but so far my bean is doing just fine. Hopefully yours is too!

10. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@SupernovaJ: I’m so happy baby was moving and had a strong heartbeat! What a relief! I understand how you feel. It’s only number two for me, but I’m terrified I’m going to lose it too. My symptoms come and go just like yours, so it makes me nervous. Right now we are healthy and pregnant though! So I’m going to try and be more positive.

11. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I hear ya. Those early losses don’t help either. It plants that seed of doubt.

BUT, you’re so right. This is a brand new chapter and everything is looking good. Let’s enjoy it the best we can and stay positive!

12. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I know a few of us have had previous losses... anyone have any good coping strategies for fear? I feel like I'm constantly waiting for something to go wrong with this pregnancy and I'm keeping myself from getting too attached to the idea of having a baby.

I was feeling okay until the beta dramatics and now I feel like I'm on edge all the time.

13. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MLE81: How are you doing? Thinking about you.

14. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@SupernovaJ: Glad you had a good appointment yesterday and are feeling relieved. My symptoms come and go, but I'm not used to having any symptoms at this stage. I'm also preventatively taking medicine to try to prevent the nausea.

15. MLE81

cherry / 108 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Awww, you are so sweet.

And thank you to everyone else for the positive thoughts and well wishes.

I had my ultrasound this morning and it was a little...surreal. I was in with the tech for over 30 minutes, and then the doctor met with us to discuss next steps. The short version is that there is a sac and a fetal pole, but no heartbeat detected (yet). I was almost certain that there should be a detectable heartbeat by now (I am 7 weeks 1 day, apparently), but according to my doctor there doesn't "have" to be a detectable heartbeat until 7.5 weeks....so there is still a chance.

So, it's back to the waiting game.....another beta draw on Monday to see if my levels are continuing to rise (albeit slowly), and then a repeat ultrasound next Friday to confirm viability. Doc said she "does have concerns" (as do I), but there's still a chance fetal development could continue normally. I'm really trying to stay positive for my little bean, but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing. Definitely not the way I want to spend the next week....but don't have a choice, really!

16. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MLE81: I'm sorry that it didn't turn out better, but glad that you aren't out. Hopefully, things will continue to improve and you'll see a nice heartbeat next Friday. The waiting game sucks.

17. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MLE81: Oh man. I’m sorry it’s not definitively better news. Thinking of you and hope you are able to distract yourself these next few days. I know it’s so hard. Hoping for great news with the beta draw and follow up ultrasound.

18. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MLE81: I'm sorry your appointment wasn't more reassuring. I'll keep thinking good thoughts for your ultrasound next week.

19. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

So I talked to my provider today just to start the intake. And she offered me a dating ultrasound early before the standard one at 12 weeks. And I chickened out from fear and said no thanks. Stupid right? But I keep thinking about the bad ultrasounds I’ve had and feel like not having an early one will help me stay sane.

And that sounds so insane when I read it right now. Sigh. Early pregnancy just isn’t fun. Still fighting terrible nausea all the waking hours - well unless I sit or lay still for a long enough stretch.

20. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@MLE81: I’m sorry. I had that happen in January - it didn’t work out for me but I hope it works for you. It’s so hard not knowing. My fingers are crossed for you.

21. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsJBeeG: i can totally see not wanting to have an ultrasound that could possibly be inconclusive. At 12 weeks you'll know it's either yes or no. I have everything crossed for you!

I'm waiting on nipt results and totally get the being freaked out and wanting to say never mind

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MLE81: sending good vibes that everything turns out OK!

23. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@MamaBear87: thank you for making me feel better about my thought process. It could be earlier - day 10 weeks but the last time I had a good early ultrasound and then a bad one at 8 weeks and I’d rather just not go through the rollercoaster of emotions.

This site is so wonderful for the supportive people. Thank God as my DH is awesome but he doesn’t want to know all of the stuff I talk about on here.

24. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Your thought process totally makes sense. My last pregnancy I had a good ultrasound at 6 weeks and then a bad one at 8 weeks.

I'm too neurotic to wait, though, because I need all possible information. I hope waiting helps you relax a little!

25. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skinnycow: by the way I made a thread about struggling with feeling happy being pregnant due to losses. I was feeling such anxiety one morning. It helped me to hear others ideas. I know I’m not excited - I think occasional thoughts like where are we putting this crib when this baby is born - and then my mind yells - if this baby is born. I don’t have a lot of coping strategies but I know telling myself one day at a time and I’m pregnant now seems to be working the best for me. So much to you - I think we need to just be kind to ourselves with however we feel now because this pregnancy after loss is tough.

26. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I looked at the thread and there was helpful advice in there. Thanks - I hope you can find peace in pregnancy also

I think I'll feel better once I get past my ultrasound and the first trimester. Right now I feel so disconnected to this pregnancy because I'm just waiting for it to possibly end.

27. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

So it’s sunday afternoon, I’m testing a new bread recipe (apple cinnamon vanilla bread) and get hit with period like cramps. Of course I think “I’m miscarrying” like a crazy lady even though I know low level cramps like this can be normal - and no bleeding at all so far mind you - then I next get hit with a wave of awful nausea to where I almost throw up my mango oj I drank with lunch.

All this to say - I’m losing pieces of my sanity - although I did chuckle at myself. I looooove all that comes with early pregnancy.

28. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

I’m having the worst constipation already and it’s only week 8. 😩 I’ll admit though, my water intake has been horrible because it makes me nauseas. I’ve been drinking Perrier or carbonated waters.

29. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Cramps can be so scary even though they're totally normal!

@SupernovaJ: Ugh, yes me too with the constipation. I didn't have it until much later with my daughter. Water has been making me nauseous also. I read mixing 1/4 Gatorade and 3/4 water helps so I've been doing that.

30. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: Ooh will try that concoction. I took a magnesium citrate supplement and it helped.

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Hi, ladies! Just being a creepy-creeper 👀 and checking in on all of you. I miss so many of you from the POAS boards (*No luck this month for me so I'm already on the Nov board 😒) ... although I will say I'm far happier that all of you are on here! 😁👍 Good luck and I will check back (periodically) for updates as I feel really weird stalking the "mommas board" when I'm [clearly] not pregnant. 😂🤣😂 *Hugs*

32. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Kaohinani: Awww, thanks - you can pop in whenever you want! I hope to see a BFP for you soon

33. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

Heeeeeeelllllpppp meeeeee I am miserableeeeeeeeeeee.

Ok, drama done. So glad to read this morning that I'm not the only one struggling with these symptoms. My body has fallen into a pattern: 5 days out of the week, I have horrible diahrrea within 1 minute of getting out of bed. I always feel like I'm going to definitely vomit (that feel in the back of your throat) but it always comes out the other end. Miserable. Hot/cold sweats, etc. But once it's gone, I'm great the rest of the day ... as long as I ignore the nauseousness and eat the moment my stomach decides it's hungry.

The other 2 days a week, I don't get sick. In fact, I'm totally constipated. I've tried everything I can think of. Fiber + water for the constipation days, water on the diahrrea days. Ginger for nausea. Nothing seems to change this cycle. I spent most of last week feeling horribly rundown and unhappy, and my emotions were all over the place (cue crying at my desk without knowing a single reason why!). I feel horribly saying it, but at more than one point I asked what the heck I have done to myself. (Imagine me crying to DH, "I paid good money to feel like this?!" XD XD XD

I see the RE tomorrow. So far the nurse has been dumbfounded by me and said maybe I just had a stomach virus (for four weeks?!), but I know that's not what this is. Morning diahrrea was my #1 AF endo symptom, so it's fitting that it's plaguing me now.

34. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@skinnycow: Definitely going to try the Gatorade + water mix!

@Kaohinani: I hope you're feeling better! And you're always welcome!

@MLE81: Thinking of you today.

35. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: Ugh, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad! I have no advice but I'll commiserate.

Nausea is the worst. I didn't have it with my first two pregnancies but I get nauseous the second my body decides I'm hungry, too! I went grocery shopping yesterday and I thought I was going to puke the entire time because the store smelled like fish (I'm sure the whole store didn't smell like fish but my pregnancy nose couldn't get rid of it!). I walked out with only $62 worth of groceries for our family of three because nothing looked appealing. I wish saltines, pretzels, and gatorade were considered a healthy pregnancy diet.

36. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@foodiebee: @skinnycow: I'll join in with commiseration.

I am okay as long as I eat breakfast almost as soon as I get up, midmorning snack, lunch, midafternoon snack, dinner, and often evening snack. I prefer to be laying down as much as possible. That's the best cure for my nausea.

37. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Yes to lying down. Also, gummy bears, of all things, help my nausea almost immediately.

@skinnycow: I can relate. I almost threw up all over my desk this morning when I tried to eat a hard-cooked egg. I'll add Cheez-Its to your list and then it sounds pefect.

38. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skinnycow: the fish counter got me last weekend - it was awful.

I like the idea of gummy bears I’m stealing the Gatorade and water mix too. I know it can be worse but this nausea is awful. At least there’s solidarity in numbers on this board.

39. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Kaohinani: Love seeing you on here but I stalk the POAS so much that I see you plenty!!

40. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

I didn't pack a lunch for work today (haven't been because of my nausea). I don't know what to eat... At times I think something heavy like queso would quell my nausea, but then I'm like really? Won't that make me barf? I really have no idea what to eat. Some random things I craved/was able to keep down last week: Subway sandwich sans deli meat with just a little mayo and lots of veggies and olives, a Chik Fil A breakfast biscuit, toast with PB and a banana. Those seem really unappetizing right now. I'm sort of craving cold pizza.. I think. Or sweet and sour soup. Other things that I've been munching on: dry toast, tangerines.

What have you been surviving on? Any weird cravings? Aversions? I can't stomach meat right now, or cooked veggies.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee