Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@mrsbubbletea: Thank you! It went well, baby's heart rate was 174, and they updated my due date to 11/11.

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Jennibenni: Awesome news

3. Annette

cherry / 203 posts

Was lurking for a few weeks but I just had my first dating ultrasound and Im now feeling brave enough to join you ladies

EDD: Nov 24th

First child? Second! I have a son who just turned two.

Any symptoms? Surprisingly not as much as with my first. Minimal nausea and heartburn here and there but otherwise good.

Who have you told? My husband, two friends and my original due date HB group from when my son was born.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Overall good. I was measuring about 6 days behind today from when I thought I concieved that that is messing with my head a bit. The heartbeat was 110bpm which is good for 6/7 weeks so that was reassuring. Trying to figure out how to tell the rest of our families and when.

4. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Celebrated my wedding anniversary with Chinese food and ice cream since that's what sounded good. My husband was all set to take me out to any restaurant I wanted too.

5. MomBrarian

pea / 18 posts

Had my formal dating scan today - baby looks good, official due date is now 11/23 - 8 weeks tomorrow!

6. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@Annette: welcome!

@snarkybiochemist: sounds good to me! Happy anniversary

@MomBrarian: yay! That's my original date, they said 11/26 at my appt on Monday but it wasn't very official so we'll see.

7. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I was thrilled and my husband has learned that unless it sounds good to me I will be miserable eating

8. MomBrarian

pea / 18 posts

@mrsbubbletea: a Thanksgiving baby! But my first two I was induced early - I'm really hoping to just go naturally this time, but that also means I have zero indications of when my babies would have been born had they come on their own schedule!

@snarkybiochemist: We had Chinese food last night too - but I can't even enjoy what I normally eat - it's a bummer! Happy anniversary!

Finally invested in some preggie pops today - I need to order the ginger flavor in bulk to get through the next few weeks I think!

9. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

I'm joining in a bit late, so I hope you ladies don't mind. I thought I'd end up on the December board until today. I'll catch up on the thread later tonight!

EDD: November 29, 2017

First child? Nope. This is number 2. DD1 will be 2 a few days before my due date.

Any symptoms? Morning sickness, pretty much all day. It's actually the reason I tested. We found out mid last week. My cycles are irregular due to PCOS, so we actually had no idea how far along I was until today. Other than that, a bit more tired than normal.

Who have you told? DH, Mom, close coworker, DD1's godmother

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Um. Pretty much holy shit. It's not a complete surprise, but still we never figured anything would actually happen quickly given the irregularity.

10. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@MomBrarian: congrats!

@Hoots: Congrats and welcome!

11. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Tomorrow night we are telling our parents and I am so excited. Then they have to keep it a secret until mothers day when we will tell the rest of the family. I am a little nervous about my dad keeping his mouth shut, he is prone to slip ups when he is excited about something.

12. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

Been lurking for a while but I'm ready to join in!

EDD: Nov 23rd

First child? Second; I have a terrific 2yo daughter.

Any symptoms? Constant nausea day in and day out, as well as sore boobs. I had a super easy 1st trimester with my daughter, so this is a whole different can of worms this time around. Hopefully only 4 more weeks of this sickiness!

Who have you told? Husband knows and so do our parents. I shared with one friend who experienced a loss at about the same time I did (last summer). Otherwise we are waiting until past the 12 week mark to share the news.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? So happy and excited to be adding to our family, but I've been really nervous this time around. I had a mmc at 10 weeks last summer (baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, we found out at our initial ultrasound at 9 weeks, and it took another week for the process to complete). I cried like a hormonal pregnant lady at our first ultrasound this time when we saw that beautiful heartbeat and baby measuring correct for my long cycles. Now it's just a nerve-wracking wait to make the 12 week mark and announce on Mothers Day. My midwife team has been super supportive, though, and they scheduled me a "reassurance" ultrasound for the 25th at 9w5d.

I'm also ready to be done with the cell-free fetal DNA test so we can know that baby is healthy and learn the gender. So glad my "advanced maternal age" means I get all sorts of "fun" perks.

Congrats to everyone here and I wish you all a happy and healthy 9 months!

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@helloperidot: hi welcome

Telling our parents went great, they are super excited. My dad has informed my mom that since he can't tell anyone the secret he is going to call her every day and tell her. This is their 4th grandkid too, you would think the excitement might have died down. My sister's all told everyone early around 6wks or so but I'm too nervous to that, but it does confuse my dad even though most people wait until 12 weeks or so to tell.

14. MomBrarian

pea / 18 posts

@helloperidot: welcome! We are due date twins! (I'm also advanced maternal age too - which I'm looking forward to the early blood test!)

@snarkybiochemist: glad it went well! We told my parents last night too - their sixth grandchild! - but my mom said she's known for 2 weeks. They are very happy, she kind of tricked it out of me because I asked for some ginger tea, and she asked me if it helped - I responded, it helped a little. But then caught myself and said, help with what? So it was out of the bag. We were going to try to wait until Friday when my sister was in from Boston - but oh well!

Ginger preggie dots are my Easter treat! Gearing up for an uncomfortably warm meal at my MILa, with lots of food that makes me gag. How is everyone else doing today?

15. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MomBrarian: I managed to cook, just no ham it sounded just too awful. The whole meal was made around my whims. I did have a terrible time in church it was 80 in the santuary and being hot makes my nausea so much worse.

16. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

So another good scan in the books, hr 171 baby measuring right on track at 8+6. Next week is my last RE appt then I graduate to the OB.

17. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yay! Congrats!

18. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@snarkybiochemist: great news!!!

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: @Shopoholicmom: thanks guys

20. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@Annette & @Hoots: congrats and welcome!

@MomBrarian: yay for good news

@helloperidot: whoo-hoo for another Seattleite!
    congratulations

@snarkybiochemist: wonderful to hear that you had another good scan!

21. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Congrats on the scan! We worked with an RE for our first child. It's such a bittersweet feeling to graduate from an RE.

We are still deciding the timeline on telling the rest of our parents. Last time, we didn't tell them until 20ish weeks. We've jokingly, or maybe not so jokingly, said we weren't telling them until the baby is here. There's a lot of drama involved in our family because they are all divorced. And they live across the country, so it's not like they see us on a regular basis. I'm sure we won't go that far, but right now it sounds really nice.

22. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@chenergized: Super reassuring
    @Hoots: I'm both looking forward to not having a doctors appt every week and nervous about going 4 weeks at a time without getting reassurance on anything

23. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

I'm so excited to share that all our blood work came back normal, including genetic/chromosomal testing. Heartbeat is still strong. I'm just so relieved and bursting with happiness. 11 weeks today!

24. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Shopoholicmom: awesome news so happy for you!

25. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Hi all, sorry I have dropped off the page for a bit - life between work, planning a 5th birthday party for DS, travelling for Easter and chasing 2 little ones while pregnant had me napping whenever I had a chance to stay still LOL!

Things are going well here, other than being tired and breaking out like crazy! My nuchal translucency scan got bumped to May 2nd and my next doctors appointment isn't until May 9th do not much to report. Just enjoying my hat this one has so far been kinder to me than it's siblings.

We told the kids last week and they are SUPER excited- DS informs me the baby is "growing a penis like him" - so we will see if that is accurate .. in about 30 weeks 😂

@Annette: congratulations and welcome!

@Hoots: congratulations and welcome!

@helloperidot: congratulations and welcome to you too!

@snarkybiochemist: congratulations on telling your family!

@Shopoholicmom: yay for healthy bloodwork!

26. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@snarkybiochemist: @MsMini: thank you! While I know there are other things that can still go wrong (i.e. at the anatomy scan), this news is very reassuring and I'm basking in the good news. I haven't been this relieved in weeks.

27. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I got 8 hrs of sleep last night and I'm still sooooo tired. This weekend is going to be hard, I am in a very good friends wedding, so rehearsal dinner and stuff Friday and then all day wedding activities Saturday. I told my friend that I was pregnant and she seems to be understanding but its hard to explain just how tired and nauseous I am everyday.

28. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: good luck! Hope it will be fun enough to give you energy! Sorry to hear you are still so nauseous.

29. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: lol at "growing a penis like me"

I haven't "told" my son yet, since he's not even 2.5 yet, but we mention the subject from time to time especially since he loves babies. Yesterday he said "grandpa has a baby in his belly!" We all laughed so hard but I really don't know where he even got that idea, since we haven't really talked about people having babies in their bellies! I haven't told my parents yet either so I was wondering if they got an inkling something was up?

30. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: thanks. It would probably be a lot better if I took the second diclegis but it makes me tired so I don't want to risk it. I'm doing ok aside from the fact that the hair salon smells awful

31. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Baby looks good, and I graduated to my OB, first appt Friday and then I will continue with a normal schedule of every 4 wks I think.

32. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

Anybody else have a November 3rd due date?

Just curious to see if I have a due date twin or and everybody is due. I have a hard time keeping up!

Only a couple weeks left in my first trimester. I have been feeling better the past few days (yay!) and and thankful most my regular pants still fit so I have been able to keep my pregnancy secret so far at work.

33. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@snarkybiochemist: yay! After having two "normal" pregnancies, I didn't think twice about going 4 week (sometimes 5-6) between appointments. Now that we've experienced loss, I couldn't go more than 2 weeks without seeing my doctor (sometimes just 1 week!). By the time I get through the first tri, I will have seen him 5 times. Luckily, he's being really supportive. After next week (13 weeks), I'll also move to q4 week appts. I just remind myself that most women (myself included) only have appts that far apart, so I can do it this, right?

@SugarMaple: Per my LMP, my due date is Nov 7 but I was measuring a few days ahead at the dating scan...so I *could* be Nov 3 as well!

34. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Shopoholicmom: With the RE I have seen the doctor and had an ultrasound every week since 5+3. It feels so strange to say goodbye to the office I have gone to every week for 5 weeks. I'm sure everything will be fine, but it just feels so weird to be considered a normal pregnant lady.

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Well now that I've graduated I'm having some bleeding again, brown/red and I still have symptoms. So it's likely an irritated cervix from yesterday but I'm not sure how much my regular ob will care.

36. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Are you still having internal ultrasounds?

37. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: yup I had one yesterday as part of my graduation. I called the ob, the nurse is talking to the doctor and will get back to me. I have an appt Friday and I might just have to wait until then.

38. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Unless it's a lot of bleeding or you have any cramping I'm sure it's fine. But I would have called too just for peace of mind.

39. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: Nope its very minimal and no cramping, so I should be ok, but its still scary to see.

40. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Doctor is comfortable waiting until Friday for my currently scheduled appt, unless something dramatically changes and then I am to call for an immediate appt. Fingers crossed I don't have any need for that and everything is fine and I don't drive myself too crazy waiting for Friday at noon.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee