Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@snarkybiochemist: the Preggie pop drops were useless to me. I hated the way they all tasted though.

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Saw the heartbeat flicker today on ultrasound, baby is measuring 6 wks exactly and I'm 6+3 so I'm not too worried. I think I implanted rather late. Next week I another ultrasound.

3. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Congrats! Seeing that heartbeat flicker is a beautiful sight

4. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@SugarMaple: Super exciting

5. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

I just found out I was pregnant last Friday (the day before my birthday!) With my LMP I am due December 2. There is no December due date board yet, so I have been lurking here! I hope that is ok.

This is my first pregnancy, and I know it is a well-worn topic, but I am so anxious about miscarriage. Anyone have any advice about how to manage the next few weeks or so? My husband is very supportive, but also just so sure that there is nothing to worry about. I love his optimisim, but I just can't get there.

6. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@tramdoof: congrats! I have no great advice on how to not worry. But it will be what it will be. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

7. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: yay! Congrats! Beautiful 6 week old tiny one.

8. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Congrats! Seeing that heart flicker is the best 😍

@tramdoof: Welcome and Congratulations. I think you need to just try your best to trust yourself and your body. Just take one day at a time.

9. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: @MsMini: thanks im excited

10. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Now I'm scared, had some brown red blood in my underwear. Nothing bright red but still scary. I called my doctor and will wait to hear. I know there is nothing I can do.

11. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: thinking of you. Can be so totally normal but I know the fear is so real.

12. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Sending good thought your way. It's impossible not to be scared, very hopeful it's just a natural healthy part of your pregnancy.

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: @SugarMaple: thanks guys. My husband is being so good with me and now I just wait until I hear from my doctor. I guess an ultrasound.

14. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Doctor called ultrasound tomorrow she said that she sees this in about 50% of pregnancies and to try not to worry since I'm not cramping and it's not bright red. I'm still scared but trying to calm down and relax.

15. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@snarkybiochemist: thinking positive thoughts for you. Maybe it's just delayed implantation bleeding? At my ultrasound, they saw implantation blood in my uterus that has not yet passed or been reabsorbed by my body. The doctor warned me that I may see some bleeding. He said it's very common and that they don't tell most patients because the patients don't end up bleeding afterall. I know there are tons of reasons people bleed in pregnancy and that doesn't make it any less scary...but many women who do have bleeding go on to have healthy pregnancies. Good luck!

16. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Shopoholicmom: thanks. I know in my head that there are plenty of reasons to cause bleeding particularly of the brown variety with only a tiny bit of pinkish red. My doctor mentioned possibly seeing some fluid like pockets on my ultrasound. I'm trying to stay calm and hopeful.

17. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I know it's so hard to stay calm in a situation like that. Sending you all the calm relaxing vibes I can spare!

18. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: thanks I'm trying to stay calm and relaxed

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Heart rate 125bpm measuring 6+4. I'm still pregnant.

20. GardenFloral

pea / 19 posts

Joining In!

EDD: November 29th - Based on my LMP, but I think it's probably going to get bumped a little later.

First child? Yes!

Any symptoms? So far just feeling super full anytime I eat, and not being able to finish meals. I seem to hit a wall each day at 2pm when I really really want a nap. I've had several times where I've felt "off" but no real sickness. Last night I did have my first bout of "oh my gosh I'm going to throw up" when I had a coughing fit.

Who have you told? So far just DH, my trainer, and 2 close friends. I originally only told one close friend, but my BFF and I workout with our trainer together, and I knew it would look fishy if I started lifting way less weights than she was so I clued her in.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Gosh at this point just anxious since we don't have our first appointment for 3 more weeks. That is killing me. I totally get they like to hold off until at least 8 weeks for ultrasounds and such, but I wish they'd do an early visit just to be able to get my questions answered. Every day I feel like something comes up and I don't want to be that annoying girl who calls the office 30 times before her actual appointment.

21. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

@snarkybiochemist, I have been thinking of you! That is so good to hear. Did the doctor have any ideas about what caused the bleeding?

@gardenfloral, I feel the same way! My DD is just a few days after yours. My doctor won't see even see until you are 6 weeks and I couldn't get an appointment that worked with my husband's schedule till 8 weeks, partly because we are going on vacation to Israel and Jordan the week before. The timining is not ideal... Any flying while morning sick tips?

22. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@tramdoof: Progesterone suppositories plus a highly vascularized cervix

23. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: wonderful news

@GardenFloral: welcome!

Ugh my morning sickness and nausea are in full swing. I just threw up for the first time, but I hadn't even eaten yet and so it was just bile. So horrible. Strangely enough I do feel better after!

24. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I am so freaking happy to see your update.

25. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: me too

26. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Good news!

@GardenFloral: Congrats!

@mrsbubbletea: Sorry about the morning sickness! Mine is in full swing too and I am miserable. All day nausea, vomiting 6-8 times a day. I'm hopeful mine will even out soon and the worse will be behind me. I am such a slug these days! I hope you feel better soon!

27. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@SugarMaple: ugh I hope mine doesn't get that bad. Sorry to hear it.

28. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@SugarMaple: If you're vomiting 6-8 times a day multiple times a day, you may want to get a prescription for something to help if you haven't already. I'm sorry, mine was that bad my first pregnancy so I know how miserable it is!

29. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@Jennibenni: Thanks for the advice and sorry you were so sick. My first pregnancy was much easier, so this surprising me (even though I know each pregnancy is different). I've been trying the B6/unisom combo at home. It does help some days. Did you take compazine? That's what the GNP prescribed for me. I haven't had a chance to talk to my primary doctor, and keep hoping that it will get better on its own soon. Dr. google told me compazine is a class C drug, so I am nervous of the risks unless absolutely necessary. The first trimester sucks! I either worry about miscarriage or complain because I'm sick. I am really looking forward to the 2nd trimester

30. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@SugarMaple: I took zofran and lots of it. I'm not familiar with the one you mentioned, though!

31. Properpie

coffee bean / 30 posts

I had my first appointment today. All is well and everything where it should be. Only update relevant to this board is that I'm measuring a little ahead and OB updated my EDD to end of October instead of beginning of Nov. I'll stick around though, who knows exactly where I'll land.

32. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I am glad to hear baby is still well!

@GardenFloral: Welcome and congratulations!

@mrsbubbletea: @SugarMaple: I am sorry you guys are feeling crappy! I hope it is short lived.

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: thanks its reassuring

34. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

It was ultrasound day today! 1 little monkey in there, heart rate was 162 and new due date is November 9th!

35. Properpie

coffee bean / 30 posts

@MsMini: yay! Congrats! It's such a relief to see that heartbeat!

Is anyone else considering NIPT testing? I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it. The paperwork all says blood draw after 10 weeks but OB said to wait for 12 for best chance of good sample. I'm impatient, and also traveling between 11w3d and 12w3d. Debating now whether I just get the blood draw before I go out of town or wait the extra week.

36. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@MsMini: yay that's great to hear!

@Properpie: we hope to do the NIPT but I'm not AMA so we're not sure our insurance will cover it. The office is working on a pre-auth given the nature and history of losses, so I'll find out next Tuesday if they approved it.

37. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: Yay little monkey!

38. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

Hello all... I've been lurking but haven't wanted to join in after a MC in December. Finally saw the heartbeat yesterday so I feel like I'm ready

EDD: Nov 16

First child? 4th

Any symptoms? Tired and nauseous in the afternoons

Who have you told? DH, OB, and dentist (and you guys!)

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Next big hurdle is the genetic screen. I'm 38 and won't feel completely comfortable with the pregnancy until I have those results back but luckily my blood draw is only 3 weeks away so hopefully just another month till I get those results.

39. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@shellio: I am so happy you had a good appt and feel comfortable joining in.

40. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

I had a rough day. I just feel like generally hungover all day long. And then I went grocery shopping and bought the weirdest stuff!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee